Comments
1 - 20 of 202 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2014
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Feb 25, 2014
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...

Washington Post:

Nearly two-thirds of small businesses that currently offer health insurance to their workers will pay more for coverage as a result of new rules in the health care law, as will millions of small-business employees and their family members, according to new estimates released by the Obama administration.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which has spearheaded the implementation of the law, has acknowledged that new rules requiring insurers to offer guaranteed coverage and renewal options to small employers will likely drive up the price of insurance for some companies. So will rules banning insurance companies from varying their rates based on factors like a company’s industry or the age of its employees.

“We are estimating that 65 percent of the small firms are expected to experience increases in their premium rates while the remaining 35 percent are anticipated to have rate reductions,” CMS’ Office of the Actuary wrote in a new report. Conversely,“the effect on large employers is expected to be negligible,” because most large companies run their health insurance programs in house.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Feb 25, 2014
So much for trying to help the small business owner. Another lie exposed.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Feb 25, 2014
Oneal wrote:
So much for trying to help the small business owner. Another lie exposed.
You know that the only time the politicians and I mean both sides of the aisle give a hoot about any particular group is when they are looking for votes. The rest of the time, they just flat don't give a darn.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#4 Feb 26, 2014
Why can't we all go back to the good old days before the ACA.......

When health insurance costs went down every year!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#5 Feb 26, 2014
Bob wrote:
Yea, because millions losing their insurance and the namesake of this messy law unconstitutionally postponing and rewriting the implementation over and over for sheer political purposes has been so worth the incredible expense and inconvenience.

The majority of Americans are against a full repeal of O-care, but the vast majority consider it FUBAR. Health care wasn't even in the top 5 of Americans' concerns when Obama was wheeled out like a shiny little celebrity in '08. The left manufactured this fire drill for political purposes and then, as predicted, created a monstrosity that has accomplished none of the goals Americans were promised.

Are you going to run away like a coward again after this year's midterm smack down, Roberto?? I think you cowered in silence for a month last year! LOL
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#6 Feb 26, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You know that the only time the politicians and I mean both sides of the aisle give a hoot about any particular group is when they are looking for votes. The rest of the time, they just flat don't give a darn.
In the end it's always the middle class and small business owner who end up footing the disproportionate bill. The democrats, with their false promises, crocodile tears and political theater, have only heaped another burden on the very people they always promise to protect.

Obama promoted himself as the anti-Bush, anti-capitalist, anti-politician, anti-colonialist, peacenik with all the answers. Instead he's merely a shinier, more arrogant, more radical version of the DC Shuck and Jive liar.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#7 Feb 26, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, because millions losing their insurance and the namesake of this messy law unconstitutionally postponing and rewriting the implementation over and over for sheer political purposes has been so worth the incredible expense and inconvenience.
The majority of Americans are against a full repeal of O-care, but the vast majority consider it FUBAR. Health care wasn't even in the top 5 of Americans' concerns when Obama was wheeled out like a shiny little celebrity in '08. The left manufactured this fire drill for political purposes and then, as predicted, created a monstrosity that has accomplished none of the goals Americans were promised.
Are you going to run away like a coward again after this year's midterm smack down, Roberto?? I think you cowered in silence for a month last year! LOL
LMFAO !!!!

Why would I have run away last year?

I wanted to be right here to watch all of the patriot crowd announce that stocks would plummet, states would secede, and locusts would swarm over the entire nation.....

I couldn't imagine missing all of that fun!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#8 Feb 26, 2014
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO !!!!
Why would I have run away last year?
I wanted to be right here to watch all of the patriot crowd announce that stocks would plummet, states would secede, and locusts would swarm over the entire nation.....
I couldn't imagine missing all of that fun!
I'm talking the last midterm elections, you moron, and the shellacking the democrats took. You vanished like a fart in the wind for a month after. COWARD.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#9 Feb 26, 2014
Bob wrote:
I will take it further back to the days when doctors were doctors who had one nurse on staff and knew you by your nick name, you wrote them a check when you left.

Today's doctor offices are meat markets. There is no compassion no knowledge of who the patient is just another person with a number and a regulated menu of treatment designed by government and its corporate sponsors the drug companies. Like BHO said just give em a pill...

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#10 Feb 26, 2014
Update on the shovel ready projects another 300B for roads and bridges. Hey you jerk aka as BHO where did all that stimulus money go for roads and bridges??
pipedream

New York, NY

#11 Feb 26, 2014
Sucks to me you eh Shoeless? your rant about Drs. offices is hilarious. So who you going to blame for Drs offices being meat markets? Drs? Hospitals? Insurance companies? Drug Companies? Govt? GOPhers? Tell me so I can laugh again at you stupid?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#12 Feb 26, 2014
Bob wrote:
Insurance costs obviously weren't going down every year however, obamacare will do nothing to bring them down, Insurance companies are guaranteed by obamacare to not lose any money therefore guaranteeing them their current profit margin and potentially opening the door for them to make even more profits at the cost of the government (taxpayers). Insurance companies love this deal.
Then as the government (taxpayers) continue to pay more in subsidies as the insurance companies claim they need to raise their rates, they will continue on their current course making even more profits.

Your point whether real or sarcastic was moot at best.
pipedream

New York, NY

#13 Feb 26, 2014
answer the question stupid - Who's fault is it?
pipedream

New York, NY

#14 Feb 26, 2014
You have a better plan Wiggley?
pipedream

New York, NY

#15 Feb 26, 2014
Lets here it Wiggley. You want cost controls? Either put up or shut up because quite frankly I'm sick of hearing your baseless claims and blame.
pipedream

New York, NY

#16 Feb 26, 2014
Unless you have something to put with your big mouth scare tactics, blame game and spouting your endless baseless and unsubstantiated bagger claims, refute the statements made here on cost containment and other hard facts on the out-of-control health care costs pre ACA or as the old saying goes S T F U.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/business/he...
pipedream

New York, NY

#17 Feb 26, 2014
Very few of you bagger big mouths will take the time to read this or are even capable of minimal critical thought but I'll put this out there for the one's who will, especially you baggers with the loudest mouths and most empty heads.

This from American Express small business open forum on:

Obamacare Reality Check: How Will Your Small Business Be Affected?

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-busi...

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#18 Feb 26, 2014
pipedream wrote:
You have a better plan Wiggley?
Specifically in detail, no however, any "plan" that eliminates the guarantee of health insurance company profits at the expense of the government (taxpayers) would be a better plan.
I would think that would be obvious.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#19 Feb 26, 2014
pipedream wrote:
Lets here it Wiggley. You want cost controls? Either put up or shut up because quite frankly I'm sick of hearing your baseless claims and blame.
What "cost controls" are you talking about?
pipedream

New York, NY

#20 Feb 26, 2014
asked you wiggles. You know what cost controls are don't you? You want to see cost controls? Apparently you think Obama and the ACA has given insurance companies free reign over prices. If I recall you even asserted Obama was paying them under the table. Tell me just what is supposed to be done to control health care costs?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet The Press 1 hr Go Blue Forever 3
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr a commenter 935
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 10 hr Phil 10
why war with isis? 19 hr Colonel Sanders 15
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) 19 hr Colonel Sanders 9
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Thu Phil 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Thu Buffalo Bull 1,326
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info