The fat guy is guilty and should be jailed

It was self-defense; Trayvon was up to no good

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#103 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Show where in evidence Martin was doing anything other that night.
Please...give one shred of evidence that Martin was looking for a fight or an altercation...you can't and you damn well know it.
Epic fail...
And show me the evidence where the thug was just an innocent "kid" that was attracted, unprovoked by George. You can't, and you damn well know it, and guess what else? The burden of proof is on the prosecution which has failed miserably. Even the prosecution's star witness was calling the thug a racist! Epic fail indeed! Game over-You lose.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#104 Jul 7, 2013
Why not wait and see ALL the evidence that is presented? Good grief! Even the 2 mothers couldn't tell for sure which of their sons was on the tape so they both said it was their son. There is ZERO evidence that Martin was behaving and there is ZERO evidence that Zimmerman was the aggressor. ONeal is correct, whatever happened to Innocent until proven guilty? When on earth did this country become " guilty until proven innocent?"

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#105 Jul 7, 2013
Really wrote:
When on earth did this country become " guilty until proven innocent?"
Whenever the liberals get an opportunity to turn one race against another, that's when...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#106 Jul 7, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
How can this be self defense for Zimmerman when it was Zimmerman who initiated the conflict? How does that work?
Any word, on the proper definition of.....Profiling?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#107 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Show where in evidence Martin was doing anything other that night.
Please...give one shred of evidence that Martin was looking for a fight or an altercation...you can't and you damn well know it.
Epic fail...
Can you show any evidence that he wasnt?
Just sayin......
Unless you were there, just like I wasnt there,....you just dont know what really happened.
I wonder if everyone has forgotten the witnes who say's he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman beating his head into the ground?
And,.. how about Trayvon's girlfreind's testimony?
Did Trayvon really say that a "cracker was going to die tonight"?
I just think this case is blown way out of proportion, and gone out of control and it's a waste!
The media is going way out of it's way to try and make it a "race" issue.
It's just a media circus, going for ratings.
Every morning we hear on the news about shooting, hit and run killings, murders etc, etc, but no one seems to care that much about those, because they are not "racial" enough to be news worthy.
Besides,.... when did Hispanic people become "crackers"?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#108 Jul 7, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>When some black thug starts pounding the back of your head against a concrete sidewalk stating "you're gonna die tonight". That sounds like a good time to invoke "stand your ground" to me.
Yeah,....sounds like self defense to me!
Trayvon's girlfreind even said that Trayvon said a "cracker" going to die tonight.
Too bad for Trayvon, that he attacked a Hispanic man, that was able to defend himself.
Why is it allways about "race" with these liberal's when they dont even mention anything about any of the gang murders that happen every day umungst themselves?
I guess that doesnt matter.
Trevor

Hudsonville, MI

#109 Jul 8, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides,.... when did Hispanic people become "crackers"?
You are forgetting the whole point of this show trial. Zimmerman isn't Hispanic, he's WHITE Hispanic.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#110 Jul 8, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it you who said anyone who looks different on any way should be seen as suspicious?
No. Go back and actually read what people are writing instead of putting words in their posts. YOU added the "should be seen as suspicious" part onto my profiling comment. Those are your words, not mine. All I said was people profile based on looks all the time. You do it too, whether you admit it or not. It doesn't necessarily mean it makes anyone suspicious - although it seems in your view that's all profiling is.

I have been advocating the American principle of Innocent Until Proven Guilty and that is all. I have no interest in the trial whatsoever aside from the fact people like yourself seem willing to abandon a principle that Americans hold dearly in order to satisfy some sense of racial justice and I think that is wrong on many levels.

YOU have predetermined the actions and outcome as well as acted as judge and jury in this case even before a trial took place, before all the facts were revealed, based on what you have defined as profiling by who you've deemed a racist.

Do you support the American principle of Innocence Until Proven Guilty, Jules? Because if you do, YOU are the one chucking it out the window by deeming Zimmerman guilty before the trial has even taken place.

So, do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? Please answer.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#111 Jul 8, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Lets see the facts to support your claim. How many and how many were committed by black males? Make sure your info is credible and verifiable.
That information was reported in the news multiple times in previous months. Damn...you are one Google-challenged puppy.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/21/10...
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#112 Jul 8, 2013
Another link that confirms the crime statistic:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03...

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#113 Jul 8, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Go back and actually read what people are writing instead of putting words in their posts. YOU added the "should be seen as suspicious" part onto my profiling comment. Those are your words, not mine. All I said was people profile based on looks all the time. You do it too, whether you admit it or not. It doesn't necessarily mean it makes anyone suspicious - although it seems in your view that's all profiling is.
I have been advocating the American principle of Innocent Until Proven Guilty and that is all. I have no interest in the trial whatsoever aside from the fact people like yourself seem willing to abandon a principle that Americans hold dearly in order to satisfy some sense of racial justice and I think that is wrong on many levels.
YOU have predetermined the actions and outcome as well as acted as judge and jury in this case even before a trial took place, before all the facts were revealed, based on what you have defined as profiling by who you've deemed a racist.
Do you support the American principle of Innocence Until Proven Guilty, Jules? Because if you do, YOU are the one chucking it out the window by deeming Zimmerman guilty before the trial has even taken place.
Interesting point Oneal...yet many on this thread such as sneaky pete have already branded Martin as guilty of assualt. Even though there is evidence that Martin was aware he was being followed and exercised his right to defend himself with the full right to use deadly force.
That's the gray area in the Stand your Ground law. Deadly force requires assualting someone and under the law, the way it's written, you do not have to wait for someone to assualt you first. You only need to feel you are in danger.
No matter how this trial plays out I guarantee you Florida is going to re-write the law to clairify one's rights and application of Stand Your Ground.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#114 Jul 8, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
That information was reported in the news multiple times in previous months. Damn...you are one Google-challenged puppy.
It's evident the only facts the Guilt-By-Skin-Color, anti-Americans believe in are those they've made up themselves. Any facts that erode their preconceived narrative will simply be denied. They've made up their own justice system based entirely on skin color. No trial necessary.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#115 Jul 8, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
That's the gray area in the Stand your Ground law. Deadly force requires assualting someone and under the law, the way it's written, you do not have to wait for someone to assualt you first. You only need to feel you are in danger.
No matter how this trial plays out I guarantee you Florida is going to re-write the law to clairify one's rights and application of Stand Your Ground.
Stand your ground would not apply if Zimmerman was headed back to his truck as he said he was. You lose your right to 'stand your ground' when the other party retreats or stands down.
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#116 Jul 8, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
"You want to grow your hair out, wear Led Zep concert tees, torn jeans and smell like pot, get used to being profiled. You want to wear pink polos and striped shorts and penny loafers, prepare to be profiled."

Your words. Now you are saying profiling doesn't equal suspicion? So Zimmerman called the cops because he had gold teeth? And gold teeth automatically means they're a gangster? I don't have to put words in your posts, you make my point all by yourself.

Is someone innocent until proven guilty? Of course they are. Too bad Trayvon didn't get to argue his case is a court of law like Zimmerman has. He was decidedly found guilty by some wannabe cop with a vendetta towards black people.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#117 Jul 8, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Stand your ground would not apply if Zimmerman was headed back to his truck as he said he was. You lose your right to 'stand your ground' when the other party retreats or stands down.
We only have Zimmerman's word on what he was doing at the time of contact...and he knew (yet openly denied) how the Stand Your Ground laws work and are applied.
Fail.

How could Martin possibly have known Zimmerman was walking back to his truck? Zimmerman has made no statement that he announced to Martin that he was doing so.
Fail.

You do not lose your right to stand your ground once you have deemed you are in danger. You are allowed to use lethal force and are not required to retreat. Not being required to retreat means you may advance if necessary and again, Martin would have had no idea what Zimmerman was up to at that point.
Fail.

Please read the law...it would help you understand what you are commenting on before you make statements that are unfounded.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#118 Jul 8, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Fail. At best, your link looks like an articlewritten about one person's opinion -- Frank Taaffe being as big a racist as trigger man Z-boy.

And your second link -- The Daily Beast --- LOL. You might as well have posted a link to the Billy Bob Confederacy.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#119 Jul 8, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Weak. So you're taking the Shooter's word? How about independent eye witness sources to corroborate Z-boy's story?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#120 Jul 8, 2013
Prosecutor On George Zimmerman And Trayvon Martin:‘One Of Them Is Dead And One Of Them Is A Liar’

Assistant State Attorney Richard Mantei, "Every statement that George Zimmerman makes benefits from the fact that he killed the only other witness to the entire incident."

During his rebuttal of the defense motion, Mantei covered, among other things, the inconsistencies in George Zimmerman’s account of the killing.“The inconsistencies in the defendant’s own statements are hardly minor,” he said.“I think, viewed in favor of the state, which the court is required to do, and construed in the light most favorable to the state, they’re evidence of somebody who can’t figure out which lie he’s already told, so he tells a new one.”

“‘He jumped out of the bushes. No, he didn’t jump out of the bushes, he was right there where you are standing,’ in the video walk through,” Mantei continued, derisively paraphrasing Zimmerman.“‘No, he’s not right there where you are standing, he actually, after I hung up the phone and turned around to walk back to my truck, he was walking toward me.’ He says all three of those things. They can’t all possibly be true.”

Mantei quickly added “I’ll submit probably none of them are true, but the bottom line is he keeps contradicting himself, and not just in some minor fashion. He claims that he knows all of his neighbors, but I don’t know yet of a neighbor who testified that they actually knew who he was before the shooting.”
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#121 Jul 8, 2013
Prosecution will fail.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#122 Jul 8, 2013
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/prosecutor-on-geor...

Assistant State Attorney Mantei continued,“And despite the fact that he’s been the neighborhood watch chairperson, that he’s lived there for years, that he claims to know all his neighbors and goes about parking enforcement, he doesn’t know the name of the three streets in his neighborhood? He doesn’t know that, as he’s doing his video walk-through, over his shoulder is the address that he claims he couldn’t see?”

“Those are not minor things,” Mantei said.“Those are evidence of someone who is intentionally obfuscating. There are two people involved here. One of them is dead, and one of them is a liar. That is a circumstance that this court ought to consider, and it’s a reason that the jury ought to consider.”

Mantei went on to cite case law in opposition to the defense motion, which was, in the end, denied.

Here’s the video, from CNN:

Prosecutor On George Zimmerman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 2 hr Wisdom 230
2014 wastebook 8 hr Phil 4
upsy daisy Fri bobolinq 1
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Thu Sharon 9
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu Casual Shoes 2,317
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Wed No_More_Dems 106
Obama and cocaine addicts Oct 22 Leroy 11
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs