Click on an option to vote

The fat guy is guilty and should be jailed

It was self-defense; Trayvon was up to no good

Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#83 Jul 7, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
No one should make assumptions or jump to any conclusions.
... good idea, pip, you stupid hypocrite.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#84 Jul 7, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Wiggley. I suggest that the country is a dangerous place right now. The application of the law is haphazard at best. The evidence has not all come out in the Zimmerman case and while the death of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy, it could have been averted by both parties. The fact that the Martin family has come out and said this has nothing to do with race is to their credit and I would love it if the media would follow their wishes. We both know that won't happen. Hope you are having a safe 4th!
I agree...the race card is being overplayed. It's the actual law itself that is flawed and we are now witness to the result of that flaw.
We've had a wonderful weekend and I hope you have as well.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#85 Jul 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I don't care if Trayvon felt threatened, and that is highly speculative, since George and evidence has shown everything went according to George's account....JonGood testified, just as i said 15 month's ago...that Trayvon was on top, alternating between reigning blows, slamming George's head down and trying to stifle George's cries for help....NOT GUILTY by tons.....regardless of color.....AS for Casey Anthony, what on earth are you talking about? I said they overcharged Casey, and that's why she walked, not enough evidence...not that she was'nt guilty as hell....Don't start fights that aren't there.....
Hey Blue...I care if Martin felt threatened and so should everyone. It's the basis for the right of someone to defend themselves...and use lethal force if they deem it necessary...on the spot, no court around to help decide.
If Martin felt threatened he had every right under the law to not retreat and use what ever force he wished.
It's the way the Stand Your Ground law is written...read it unless you don't want anyone to care someday whether you or a loved one feels endangered. I will however, care...it's important.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#86 Jul 7, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't try to label me.
I stopped reading after this one sentence. Why? Because you are busily labeling everyone else a racist. So, you want to busily point fingers as scream racist at everyone else, but when someone else calls it like they see it, you have the gall to actually ask not to be labeled?

The rest of your argument has been made invalid - by yourself mind you, just with this one sentence.
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#87 Jul 7, 2013
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped reading after this one sentence. Why? Because you are busily labeling everyone else a racist. So, you want to busily point fingers as scream racist at everyone else, but when someone else calls it like they see it, you have the gall to actually ask not to be labeled?
The rest of your argument has been made invalid - by yourself mind you, just with this one sentence.
Ok then don't read my posts then. You don't seem to say much in your posts and that's why I don't read yours, except when you reply to me. Tell me, who have I called a racist on here? I have said again and again there is a racist element within our society because its true and you know it. If you disagree then you aren't paying attention, are extremely insulated or you are lying to yourself.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#88 Jul 7, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman has become the sweetheart of the right because he is a gun owner and he shot and killed a black "thug". Unless they dress appropriately and act white they are considered a thug. He's a hero to them. They can't send money to his defense fund fast enough! They simply adore people who do things they only dream of doing. Shooting an unarmed black kid is high of the list of many of them. At the same time they're supposedly on the side of life and the how precious life is. Well, that is until that life isn't a white one and as long as they can justify their blood lust by ripping apart their character to the point where they don't seem human at all! Their whole argument is based on the fact that a black kid shouldn't have been walking in that neighborhood. That's where it begins and ends for them.
Of course all of your interest would be completely vacant had this been a black kid who shot an unarmed white business guy, regardless of the scenario.

The only reason you came on this site was as a result of this trial. Your entire purpose for being here is to argue a narrative based entirely on skin color - and not just any skin color, but it has to be a black being shot by a non-black. If it were the other way around "Jules" would have no interest in the matter whatsoever.

This isn't a left vs right issue, you fool, it's respect for America and our legal justice system (Innocent Until Proven Guilty) vs some manufactured social justice philosophy, and a narrative -driven sense of public damnation based entirely on one person being black and the other not.

If Zimmerman is found guilty of a lesser charge of manslaughter does that still warrant rioting in the streets in your opinion, Jules??

Why are you afraid to answer that question, hmmm?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#89 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Blue...I care if Martin felt threatened and so should everyone. It's the basis for the right of someone to defend themselves...and use lethal force if they deem it necessary...on the spot, no court around to help decide.
If Martin felt threatened he had every right under the law to not retreat and use what ever force he wished.
It's the way the Stand Your Ground law is written...read it unless you don't want anyone to care someday whether you or a loved one feels endangered. I will however, care...it's important.
If Treyvon promoters want to present, he felt threatened, i could care less....He felt alpha enough to play games, instead of going home....he felt aggressive enought to double back, just to confront George and prove his manhood physically....'You got a problem"...."Well, you do now"......He thugged out on the wrong guy.....a street mistake.....I'm sure Trayvon even realized it, those last seconds.....

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#90 Jul 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>If Treyvon promoters want to present, he felt threatened, i could care less....He felt alpha enough to play games, instead of going home....he felt aggressive enought to double back, just to confront George and prove his manhood physically....'You got a problem"...."Well, you do now"......He thugged out on the wrong guy.....a street mistake.....I'm sure Trayvon even realized it, those last seconds.....
That's the whole point Blue...it's the way the law is written. Martin had the right to react to feeling threatened by not retreating and using deadly force to protect himself.
When does the stand your ground law kick in?? Do you need to stalk someone like Zimmerman did and provke them into defending themselves, shoot them and then invoke the stand your ground rights??
Scary...

Location hidden

#91 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the whole point Blue...it's the way the law is written. Martin had the right to react to feeling threatened by not retreating and using deadly force to protect himself.
When does the stand your ground law kick in?? Do you need to stalk someone like Zimmerman did and provke them into defending themselves, shoot them and then invoke the stand your ground rights??
Scary...
Martin had the right to attack George Zimmerman, because he felt threatened?....That retarded, Sir.....Screw stand your ground.....this case is, SELF DEFENSE......

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#92 Jul 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Martin had the right to attack George Zimmerman, because he felt threatened?....That retarded, Sir.....Screw stand your ground.....this case is, SELF DEFENSE......
Yes Blue, the way the stand your ground law is currently worded and written, Martin had every right to use deadly force to protect himself. It's clearly known that Martin was very well aware he was being followed/stalked and had no idea why...think about it.
The law allows Martin to NOT retreat...again, read the law as it's written. There is no evidence Zimmerman identified himself to Martin, no evidence Martin had any idea who Zimmerman was and/or why he was watching/stalking him, and no evidence that given the situation, Martin had every reason to believe (the way the law is written) he might be in danger and had the right to use force (deadly) if necessary and was not required to retreat.

Read the damn law Blue...it's flawed and horribly written...

Location hidden

#93 Jul 7, 2013
So, basically you are trying to justify, Trayvon's viscous attack on George Zimmerman...I don't get the reasoning behind such foolishness.....To cloud the outcome?.....And please, don't say Stand Your Ground to me, again.....This is not a part of THIS TRIAL, AT ALL.....

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#94 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
When does the stand your ground law kick in?
When some black thug starts pounding the back of your head against a concrete sidewalk stating "you're gonna die tonight". That sounds like a good time to invoke "stand your ground" to me.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#95 Jul 7, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>When some black thug starts pounding the back of your head against a concrete sidewalk stating "you're gonna die tonight". That sounds like a good time to invoke "stand your ground" to me.
If I, like Zimmerman, were following/stalking an innocent teenager walking home from a 7-Eleven, yes, he would have the right to stand his ground.
Read the law the way it is written...or do you always rely on what the rumers and heresay tell you to believe?
Again...read the law...yes Martin had every right to invoke his right to stand his ground.
Read the las the way it is written...

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#96 Jul 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
So, basically you are trying to justify, Trayvon's viscous attack on George Zimmerman...I don't get the reasoning behind such foolishness.....To cloud the outcome?.....And please, don't say Stand Your Ground to me, again.....This is not a part of THIS TRIAL, AT ALL.....
Yes Blue, the way the law is written, Martin had every right to use lethal force to defend himself and was also not required to retreat.
Read the law the way it is written Blue...
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#97 Jul 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Martin had the right to attack George Zimmerman, because he felt threatened?....That retarded, Sir.....Screw stand your ground.....this case is, SELF DEFENSE......
How can this be self defense for Zimmerman when it was Zimmerman who initiated the conflict? How does that work?
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#98 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Blue, the way the stand your ground law is currently worded and written, Martin had every right to use deadly force to protect himself. It's clearly known that Martin was very well aware he was being followed/stalked and had no idea why...think about it.
The law allows Martin to NOT retreat...again, read the law as it's written. There is no evidence Zimmerman identified himself to Martin, no evidence Martin had any idea who Zimmerman was and/or why he was watching/stalking him, and no evidence that given the situation, Martin had every reason to believe (the way the law is written) he might be in danger and had the right to use force (deadly) if necessary and was not required to retreat.
Read the damn law Blue...it's flawed and horribly written...
Why is it so hard for some people to understand that Zimmerman was the aggressor here? What are they not getting? They just keep spinning this whole story into some kind of endorsement on shooting thugs, or whatever their definition of a thug is. What a twisted mindset.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#99 Jul 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
do you always rely on what the rumers and heresay tell you to believe?
You should take your own advice. "Stalking an innocent teenager"? Sheesh...In case you missed it, there's a trial going on with these two guys, and all of the chips are falling in George's favor. Try not to get too distraught when the jury comes back with an acquittal, and everyone on the jury telling reporters afterwards what a chicken shoit waste of time this trial was.
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#100 Jul 7, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>When some black thug starts pounding the back of your head against a concrete sidewalk stating "you're gonna die tonight". That sounds like a good time to invoke "stand your ground" to me.
And you know for sure he said "you're going to die tonight"? Did Zimmerman's lawyer tell you that? Too bad we can't hear from the victim here because he's dead.
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#101 Jul 7, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course all of your interest would be completely vacant had this been a black kid who shot an unarmed white business guy, regardless of the scenario.
The only reason you came on this site was as a result of this trial. Your entire purpose for being here is to argue a narrative based entirely on skin color - and not just any skin color, but it has to be a black being shot by a non-black. If it were the other way around "Jules" would have no interest in the matter whatsoever.
This isn't a left vs right issue, you fool, it's respect for America and our legal justice system (Innocent Until Proven Guilty) vs some manufactured social justice philosophy, and a narrative -driven sense of public damnation based entirely on one person being black and the other not.
If Zimmerman is found guilty of a lesser charge of manslaughter does that still warrant rioting in the streets in your opinion, Jules??
Why are you afraid to answer that question, hmmm?
I've made this a white/black issue? Aren't you the one who is pro-profiling? Wasn't it you who said anyone who looks different on any way should be seen as suspicious?

I've never said there should be riots. Ever. What's your point? Why do you keep repeating a ridiculous question?

Anyway, ever since you came clean on your stance on profiling you have been proving my point. Keep telling me I am making this all about race.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#102 Jul 7, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>You should take your own advice. "Stalking an innocent teenager"? Sheesh...In case you missed it, there's a trial going on with these two guys, and all of the chips are falling in George's favor. Try not to get too distraught when the jury comes back with an acquittal, and everyone on the jury telling reporters afterwards what a chicken shoit waste of time this trial was.
Show where in evidence Martin was doing anything other that night.
Please...give one shred of evidence that Martin was looking for a fight or an altercation...you can't and you damn well know it.

Epic fail...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 2 hr Really 58
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 4 hr Buffalo Bull 1,482
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 6 hr Really 20
most ludicrious car commercial 7 hr bobolinq 1
happy wife . . . 8 hr bobolinq 1
sony balony 13 hr Idea Maker 6
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 17 hr Who 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids