Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I be worried, I live with a black person?
Only if that person subscribes to the gangsta, thug, ghetto, rap culture. If not your fine.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Jules wrote:
How's that, by going to the store and buying Skittles? How dare a black kid go to a store to buy Skittles and then try and walk home afterward!
That tired old line was played out a year ago when nobody knew anything about the case. The fact that you're still trying to use it just shows how desperate and uninformed you are. Everything about the trial, including the thug's dumb, fat girlfriend says that this puke was a racist dirtbag.

The fact that you're ignoring everything that has come to light in this trial tells me that you're either the stupidest sob on earth, or a racist yourself.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't watch so much TV.
That all the dumb white trash bastard has is a 60" flat screen TV and his subscription to Billy Bob Express newsletter.
Jules

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That tired old line was played out a year ago when nobody knew anything about the case. The fact that you're still trying to use it just shows how desperate and uninformed you are. Everything about the trial, including the thug's dumb, fat girlfriend says that this puke was a racist dirtbag.
The fact that you're ignoring everything that has come to light in this trial tells me that you're either the stupidest sob on earth, or a racist yourself.
Please explain to me what Trayvon was doing that made calling the police and following him justifiable. And no, being black isn't a reason so spare me!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, boo hoo. Obama's wife is taking $100 million luxury vacations at taxpayer expense and we are supposed to feel sorry for her?
MO also say's living in the White House, is like living in a prison!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...

She can leave it any time!

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain to me what Trayvon was doing that made calling the police and following him justifiable. And no, being black isn't a reason so spare me!
If you really dont know what Trayvon was doing, then maybe you should get better informed!
You keep insisting that race had something to do with it, when you are completely clueless as to what went on.
You jump on here making accusations, when you dont really know what went on.
Educate yourself.
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>If you really dont know what Trayvon was doing, then maybe you should get better informed!
You keep insisting that race had something to do with it, when you are completely clueless as to what went on.
You jump on here making accusations, when you dont really know what went on.
Educate yourself.
Everybody knows Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and pursued Trayvon, assuming he was a criminal or up to no good even though he was simply walking back to where he was staying with his dad. Everyone knows the dispatcher was telling him not to follow. Everyone knows he called Trayvon a "ducking" punk when speaking with the dispatcher and said "these guys always get away". Everyone knows Zimmerman escalated the situation and fingered out Trayvon simply because he was black. Everyone knows Zimmerman had called the police several times to report suspicious black men. Everyone knows Zimmerman wanted to be a cop but couldn't because of his bad credit rating and I'm sure the fact that he plea bargained out of a felony for assaulting a cop didn't help his case. Everyone knows now that Zimmerman took a class on the Stand Your Ground law and then lied to the country on Fox News claiming he'd never heard of the law. Why lie about it? Did he knowingly start this fight so he could bring it to the point of deadly force? Knowing what it would take to claim the Stand Your Ground law and use it to his advantage? Many are beginning to believe his ultimate goal was to shoot a black ducking punk.

Evidently there are going to be those who claim profiling is just fine and that anyone who is black should automatically be considered suspicious. Or according to one poster even if you're wearing a Led Zeppelin tee shirt you should expect to be profiled and considered suspicious. I'm not sure what the dress code in America should be, maybe we should ask that poster? Designer jeans and a golf shirt? No hair touching the collar? What clothing should we wear so we don't have to worry about getting shot?

If we are still a country that allows a 17 year old black kid to be singled out, followed and shot for simply walking through a neighborhood then we haven't come very far since the days before the Civil Rights Laws. If we root for the shooter and demonize the victim just because they are a different color and come from a different back ground then we haven't come very far since the days of slavery.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Interesting how Pipester and Jules keep insisting this case is all about race when even Trayvon Martin's family has said, "THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACE AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE IT ABOUT RACE." Of course, Pipester and Jules know much more than Trayvon's family.

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yeh,.... and Zimmerman was returning to his truck, when he was attacked by Trayvon.
Funny thing is,.... it was determined to be justifiable, untill the liberal media got involved and mad a race issue out of it.
This whole trial is really just for the media.
There is NO way that they can convict on the 2nd degree murder charge. And that's exactly why they chose to charge him that way.
Zimmerman might have been found guilty of involentary manslaughter, at best. But the reason they chose 2nd degree murder, is because they will never be able to prove it.
It's all about T-V ratings, and race baiting.
Like Obama said, Trayvon might be his son,.... he cant remember who he was doing in Florida back then.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that about days it all doesn't it? Profiling is acceptable and because this kid looked like a rapper he deserved to die.
No. He deserved to die because he attacked and beat and wanted to kill someone.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
Interesting how Pipester and Jules keep insisting this case is all about race when even Trayvon Martin's family has said, "THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACE AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE IT ABOUT RACE." Of course, Pipester and Jules know much more than Trayvon's family.
That's because libs are the true racists. They can't see anything without examining it through skin color. There's tens of thousands of murders each year in this country. The only reason the liberal media jumped on this one right away is because they saw an opportunity to put a racist spin on it.
Jules

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That's because libs are the true racists. They can't see anything without examining it through skin color. There's tens of thousands of murders each year in this country. The only reason the liberal media jumped on this one right away is because they saw an opportunity to put a racist spin on it.
Well at least you admit this is murder!

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
Yeh,.... and Zimmerman was returning to his truck, when he was attacked by Trayvon.
Funny thing is,.... it was determined to be justifiable, untill the liberal media got involved and mad a race issue out of it.
This whole trial is really just for the media.
There is NO way that they can convict on the 2nd degree murder charge. And that's exactly why they chose to charge him that way.
Zimmerman might have been found guilty of involentary manslaughter, at best. But the reason they chose 2nd degree murder, is because they will never be able to prove it.
It's all about T-V ratings, and race baiting.
Like Obama said, Trayvon might be his son,.... he cant remember who he was doing in Florida back then.
Hey Jim,
Your first sentence saying Zimmerman was returning to his truck is only what we think because he's the only one who can provide any statement about it at all.
There's also no evidence that Martin would have known Zimmerman was returning to his truck...unless he verbally announced it so Martin would know...and hs's made no such statement.
I agree with you about 2nd degree murder...it should have been involuntary manslaughter. I don't honestly believe Zimmerman set out to kill someone but...his unnecessary actions in persisting the following of Martin led to a tragic and controversial death of a young man who did nothing to deserve what happened to him.

Hope you're having a great 4th of July!!!

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
It's partly about race but it's also about the useage of the stand your ground law and the consequences of the way it's written and how it's actual intepretation is applied by the courts.
Zimmerman instigated any possible contact between them by following Martin when it was not necessary. There is no evidence that Martin set out that night to do anything other than walk to a 7-Eleven and back home...none.
Beware you are not walking in Florida (under the current law) and realize you are being followed/stalked (not knowing why) suspecting you are in danger (which you may or may not be) and you turn to "stand your ground" (which you have the right to do) and use lethal force (which you have the right to do) and your stalker shoots you dead and then claim HIS right to stand his ground.
Florida is a dangerous place right now.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It's partly about race but it's also about the useage of the stand your ground law and the consequences of the way it's written and how it's actual intepretation is applied by the courts.
Zimmerman instigated any possible contact between them by following Martin when it was not necessary. There is no evidence that Martin set out that night to do anything other than walk to a 7-Eleven and back home...none.
Beware you are not walking in Florida (under the current law) and realize you are being followed/stalked (not knowing why) suspecting you are in danger (which you may or may not be) and you turn to "stand your ground" (which you have the right to do) and use lethal force (which you have the right to do) and your stalker shoots you dead and then claim HIS right to stand his ground.
Florida is a dangerous place right now.
Hi Wiggley. I suggest that the country is a dangerous place right now. The application of the law is haphazard at best. The evidence has not all come out in the Zimmerman case and while the death of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy, it could have been averted by both parties. The fact that the Martin family has come out and said this has nothing to do with race is to their credit and I would love it if the media would follow their wishes. We both know that won't happen. Hope you are having a safe 4th!
Travis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

I am a vet and a CPL holder here in Michigan. Racism may very well be a contributing factor in this case but there is no question that Zimmerman acted imprudently and recklessly for someone holding a concealed weapons permit.

Here in Michigan, I can't speak for Florida, one of the first things your instructor covers is that having a CPL does not make you a member of law enforcement. You are told time and time again to avoid conflict. You are told not to pursue suspects or put yourself into
jeopardous situations or elevate current situations simply because you are armed. You are told to stay back, call authorities and let the professionals handle the predicament.

IMO, Zimmerman is an example of who shouldn't hold a CPL. He went looking for trouble and approached an individual when no clear and present danger was present. He escalated a situation by getting out of his car and following Trayvon. Everything that happened after he got out of his vehicle is secondary, as far as being a CPL holder is concerned, because at that moment he decided he was going to be more than just a CPL holder and a concerned citizen. At that moment he decided that the self control and responsibility that come with a CPL was secondary to whatever vendetta he held or anger he possessed.

I firmly believe that concealed weapons permits are effective at stopping crime. I also believe that a CPL license is only as valuable as the individual holding it. Guilty or not, I hope that Zimmerman realizes his poor judgment and tears up his CPL. I don't want guys like this patrolling the neighborhood were I live, the place where my children play. Last but not least, Happy Birthday America!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

"He went looking for trouble and approached an individual when no clear and present danger was present".......Wow.....Tr ayvon did right?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

I sure wish there had been a third option.......

C. The same result as the Nicole Brown-Simpson situation.

Proof positive that we have progressed as a nation when the victim is the person put on trial!
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

It's not fair! I want the world to be fair all the time! So says Bob of short pants fame. His whining and crying about "it's not fair" grows louder every day along with "Mom, he did it first!"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Bob wrote:
I sure wish there had been a third option.......
C. The same result as the Nicole Brown-Simpson situation.
Proof positive that we have progressed as a nation when the victim is the person put on trial!
Twice now, Central Florida has massively overcharged a case....Casey Anthony should have been charged with negligent manslaughter.....George Zimmerman need'nt have been charged....History may show Sanford PD was right, that night......this was for show, an expensive show.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
sochi russian for sucker!! 3 min Bob 8
Sebelius botches farewell speech 10 min Rick 26
Review: Elvis Auto Service 17 min Great service 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Buffalo Bull 890
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. 12 hr Phil 26
Gay woman wants same-sex marriage for her kids:... 15 hr TMI 2
Gay Marriage in Michigan 15 hr Spare Me 3
•••

Flood Warning for Kent County was issued at April 15 at 10:13PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••