Created by Geha on Jul 1, 2013

219 votes

Click on an option to vote

The fat guy is guilty and should be jailed

It was self-defense; Trayvon was up to no good

Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#398 Jul 20, 2013
With well thought out opinions such as this, who wouldn't be surprised that Juan Williams will soon vanish from FAUX News.......

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/19/zim...

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#399 Jul 20, 2013
Bob wrote:
With well thought out opinions such as this, who wouldn't be surprised that Juan Williams will soon vanish from FAUX News.......
Kinda sums it all up...
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#400 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sums it all up...
It might "sum it up" if you and Juan and Barry were there that night and knew for a fact what exactly happened.

This entire fiasco was brought on by social justice opportunists. It should never have gone to trial in the first place, and wouldn't have had Al Sharpton and others not ginned up a bunch of anger and outcry from the black community who were spoon fed a narrative of what happened that night based entirely on the same OPINIONS that you and Juan Williams and Obama are now stating as fact.

The end result of this entire thing is sad and unnecessary. If Al Sharpton succeeds in changing the SYG law, which is unlikely, it will negatively impact the black community as I've already provided a link stating that blacks have used that law to their benefit twice as often as any other race. So, they'd be removing a protective law black people have benefitted from.

The FBI's findings all but rule out any chance of GZ being found guilty of a hate crime, so all the tie and money the radical Eric Holder is spending on this is nothing more than political pandering to the democrat base.

Race relations are now peaked again and boiling over. The outrage of this needless trial have divided us by color and philosophy, bringing us right back to the days of Selma, Alabama.

And for what?

The Winner: Obama, who through his insane comparisons of Trayvon first to his imaginary son, and then to himself, has glommed onto this with both hands in order to gain back some momentum from his base that was lost due to his numerous scandals.

Also, the media, who continues to destroy any and all ethics in the profession of journalism, yet is making a mint on ratings thanks to George's trigger finger.

The Loser: Black People, who are once again being ginned up and down the socio-political totem pole at the behest of "social engineers", and liberal politicians, and convinced they are once again the victims of a narrative that never had anything to do with this trial. They'll know no peace, only mob violence and frustration.

Also, the Martin family, who had this gone straight to a civil suit would have been awarded a large sum for the loss of a son evidence shows they were horrible parents to. Now, they might get some money for it, but they've been thrust into a controversial spotlight that has made them into some sort of figureheads for a political narrative.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#401 Jul 20, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
It might "sum it up" if you and Juan and Barry were there that night and knew for a fact what exactly happened.
This entire fiasco was brought on by social justice opportunists. It should never have gone to trial in the first place, and wouldn't have had Al Sharpton and others not ginned up a bunch of anger and outcry from the black community who were spoon fed a narrative of what happened that night based entirely on the same OPINIONS that you and Juan Williams and Obama are now stating as fact.
The end result of this entire thing is sad and unnecessary. If Al Sharpton succeeds in changing the SYG law, which is unlikely, it will negatively impact the black community as I've already provided a link stating that blacks have used that law to their benefit twice as often as any other race. So, they'd be removing a protective law black people have benefitted from.
The FBI's findings all but rule out any chance of GZ being found guilty of a hate crime, so all the tie and money the radical Eric Holder is spending on this is nothing more than political pandering to the democrat base.
Race relations are now peaked again and boiling over. The outrage of this needless trial have divided us by color and philosophy, bringing us right back to the days of Selma, Alabama.
And for what?
The Winner: Obama, who through his insane comparisons of Trayvon first to his imaginary son, and then to himself, has glommed onto this with both hands in order to gain back some momentum from his base that was lost due to his numerous scandals.
Also, the media, who continues to destroy any and all ethics in the profession of journalism, yet is making a mint on ratings thanks to George's trigger finger.
The Loser: Black People, who are once again being ginned up and down the socio-political totem pole at the behest of "social engineers", and liberal politicians, and convinced they are once again the victims of a narrative that never had anything to do with this trial. They'll know no peace, only mob violence and frustration.
Also, the Martin family, who had this gone straight to a civil suit would have been awarded a large sum for the loss of a son evidence shows they were horrible parents to. Now, they might get some money for it, but they've been thrust into a controversial spotlight that has made them into some sort of figureheads for a political narrative.
Kind of a long winded gripe about Obama again when your opening comment missed the mark big time..."This entire fiasco was brought on by social justice opportunists."

I'll help you here...This entire fiasco was brought on by an armed man following an innocent teenager.
The racial and political drivel you strive so hard to bring into almost every situation is meaningless and only serves to distract everyone from the root cause of this tragidy...the senseless death of a teenager who was not out to harm anyone.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#402 Jul 20, 2013
And I'll bet you didn't even read the article Bob posted.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#403 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of a long winded gripe about Obama again when your opening comment missed the mark big time..."This entire fiasco was brought on by social justice opportunists."
I'll help you here...This entire fiasco was brought on by an armed man following an innocent teenager.
The racial and political drivel you strive so hard to bring into almost every situation is meaningless and only serves to distract everyone from the root cause of this tragidy...the senseless death of a teenager who was not out to harm anyone.
How do you know the teenager was innocent? He had a record, albeit petty items, he still had a record. And his mother who sings his praises now kicked him out. And do a search and find out how much the parents have already received from the homeowner's association as a settlement. Hate to be cynical here, but the truth is no one, not Obama, not the media, not Sharpton or Jackson, or even his own parents truly care or cared about Trayvon. He is a political pawn being used by corrupt politicians to try to garner votes and further divide this country and by parents to make a buck.
It sickens me.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#404 Jul 20, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know the teenager was innocent? He had a record, albeit petty items, he still had a record. And his mother who sings his praises now kicked him out. And do a search and find out how much the parents have already received from the homeowner's association as a settlement. Hate to be cynical here, but the truth is no one, not Obama, not the media, not Sharpton or Jackson, or even his own parents truly care or cared about Trayvon. He is a political pawn being used by corrupt politicians to try to garner votes and further divide this country and by parents to make a buck.
It sickens me.
There was no mention of TM doing anything illegal that night and there certainly was no accusation or conviction of anything.
As far as the breakdown of Family values and the plight (so to speak) of the Black folks...I defer to Bill Cosby and his insight. He, with his insight, should be looked up to moreso than Sharpton or Jackson. His words ring true.
Chip

Belvidere, IL

#405 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no mention of TM doing anything illegal that night and there certainly was no accusation or conviction of anything.
As far as the breakdown of Family values and the plight (so to speak) of the Black folks...I defer to Bill Cosby and his insight. He, with his insight, should be looked up to moreso than Sharpton or Jackson. His words ring true.
It was proven he was high on drugs and he physically attacked Zimmerman, both of which are crimes. I guess it's only what you decided was illegal.
Sharon

Canada

#406 Jul 20, 2013
People are sick of hearing about all this Trayvon crap. Enough already.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#407 Jul 20, 2013
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
It was proven he was high on drugs and he physically attacked Zimmerman, both of which are crimes. I guess it's only what you decided was illegal.
And if GZ had kept his distance TM would only have been high on drugs...certainly not a reason to be killed.

Bad, weak try...go crawl back under your rock where you belong.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#408 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>And if GZ had kept his distance TM would only have been high on drugs...certainly not a reason to be killed.

So TM was another pothead such as yourself....go figure.... Maybe you should smoke another one.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#409 Jul 20, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
So TM was another pothead such as yourself....go figure.... Maybe you should smoke another one.
Are you trying to justify killing someone who smokes mj or just trying to be the annoying, uninformed, uneducated prick you've become so known to be?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#410 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is you are one easily manipulated person, Wiggley. This is all hype and fluff to perpetuate a narrative that had nothing to do with this trial.

The actual shooting is meaningless, especially when viewed from the spectrum of how many other young black kids were followed and shot in cities all across the country. Where's Juan, Barry and Al when those other black kids are getting gunned down left and right in those instances?

Why did the Trayvon incident become such a big deal? Social justice opportunists.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#411 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to justify killing someone who smokes mj or just trying to be the annoying, uninformed, uneducated prick you've become so known to be?
Nope, just making the point that stupid potheads such as yourself make dumb decisions. Some of the decisions could cost you your life. "annoying, uninformed, uneducated prick" that defines you very well. As I said, go smoke another one you little turd before you get stepped on again.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#412 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
I did in fact read the article, all of it, which is why I responded in what you deemed a "long-winded" manner.

I just wish you would put as much thought into your posts, wiggley, because it seems all you can do is argue that your opinion is the only one that could be correct.
Sharon

Canada

#413 Jul 20, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just making the point that stupid potheads such as yourself make dumb decisions. Some of the decisions could cost you your life. "annoying, uninformed, uneducated prick" that defines you very well. As I said, go smoke another one you little turd before you get stepped on again.
Potheads are immature losers who never grew up and have a difficult time accepting the realities of life

Since: Feb 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#414 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
I did, and his claims about a murder of an innocent child were just plain dishonest.

Since: Feb 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#415 Jul 20, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
And if GZ had kept his distance TM would only have been high on drugs...certainly not a reason to be killed.
That doesn't matter. All that matters is that TM assaulted GZ, and was shot in the process in a justifiable homicide. Even if GZ were profiling TM it wouldn't matter. GZ did nothing to justify a reasonable fear of danger on TM's part.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#416 Jul 20, 2013
Bob wrote:
I like the part of that article, where he speaks of a collegue's article about the high amount of convictions of black people.......Convictions? Like they don't do any crimes, they are just getting convicted, like hotcakes.....lol....

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#417 Jul 20, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is you are one easily manipulated person, Wiggley. This is all hype and fluff to perpetuate a narrative that had nothing to do with this trial.
The actual shooting is meaningless, especially when viewed from the spectrum of how many other young black kids were followed and shot in cities all across the country. Where's Juan, Barry and Al when those other black kids are getting gunned down left and right in those instances?
Why did the Trayvon incident become such a big deal? Social justice opportunists.
You are on the wrong page with me. To me this is not about race or politics like you and so many others would want it to be.
This is only about the SYG law, how it's written and how it is applied legally.
TM had rights that night also and I damn sure want my same rights if something like that happens to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 22 hr Tommy Z 1,009
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sat tom wingo 2,224
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri Amanda 2,386
News WZZM13 WATER COOLER - Weird 'shoe tree' in nort... (May '08) Fri toni 15
What a [exletive-deleted] gal! Jul 1 bobolinq 1
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Jun 30 remembring 16
News Boy With Autism Gets A Special Gift At Field Day Jun 28 Really 23
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages