219 votes

Click on an option to vote

The fat guy is guilty and should be jailed

It was self-defense; Trayvon was up to no good

vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#358 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
If Martin felt he was in danger he had every right to not retreat and use lethal force.
Not according to the Florida SYG law...he would have had to be attacked first and base his fear for his life on that. You got a witness that says they saw Zimmerman attack him first? Didn't think so.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#359 Jul 19, 2013
lanyard wrote:
<quoted text>In this case, the only thing GZ did wrong was not be african-american, and use a gun. People who oppose this verdict would rather there be a dead GZ and one more miscreant walking the streets.
Still shocks me, both that intelligent beings could watch that trial and pay attention to the evidence....Then, turn around and be displeased with the verdict....Another message i learned was how racially tainted, cable news networks can be.....

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#360 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Please produce one recording in Martin's voice where he said (He called GZ a "creeepy Cracka").
I'll wait...
I sincerely hope for your sake you are never followed and determine you are in danger...you obviously won't know what to do.
It was all over the news as TM's girlfriend actually said this on the witness stand when she testified for the Prosecution. It should be in the transcripts or video of the trial.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#361 Jul 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the world, did 2AM come from?.....
I thought that
was what time it happened.
I was WAY off.
My Bad.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#362 Jul 19, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...that was the testimony given by Trayvon's girlfriend...as a witness for the prosecution. You gonna call her a liar now because your team lost? Too funny.
Heresay evidence is just that, heresay evidence...it's not anything but...no need to call someone a liar...
What's the problem??
Really

Wyoming, MI

#363 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
And as a footnote...the prosecution lawyers for Florida were/are inept and should be sent back to law school.
Wiggley,I agree the prosecution in Florida is inept. That being said, the jurors ruled on the law as the judge asked them to. They were not asked, and should not have been asked, to rule on their feelings or whether this case pertained to race. They ruled on the law and the verdict is in. Travyon's own parents said it wasn't about race. It's over and done. Let it rest.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#364 Jul 19, 2013
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
It was all over the news as TM's girlfriend actually said this on the witness stand when she testified for the Prosecution. It should be in the transcripts or video of the trial.
I know Neecer but really...was she really a credible witness for the prosecution?? Really??

Hope all is well by the way!!!

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#365 Jul 19, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to the Florida SYG law...he would have had to be attacked first and base his fear for his life on that. You got a witness that says they saw Zimmerman attack him first? Didn't think so.
You didn't read my prior post that quoted directly from the Florida law did you??
Martin did NOT have to be attacked first...not at all...the perception of danger is all that is required...

No wonder very few, including you, do not understand Martin's rights under the SYG law as it's written.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#366 Jul 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Wiggley,I agree the prosecution in Florida is inept. That being said, the jurors ruled on the law as the judge asked them to. They were not asked, and should not have been asked, to rule on their feelings or whether this case pertained to race. They ruled on the law and the verdict is in. Travyon's own parents said it wasn't about race. It's over and done. Let it rest.
I don't disagree. The charges were incorrect. It should have been manslaughter from the start. I do not believe Zimmerman set out to kill anyone.
Montel

Montréal, Canada

#367 Jul 19, 2013
I'm tired of hearing about all this Trayvon crap

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#368 Jul 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Wiggley,I agree the prosecution in Florida is inept. That being said, the jurors ruled on the law as the judge asked them to. They were not asked, and should not have been asked, to rule on their feelings or whether this case pertained to race. They ruled on the law and the verdict is in. Travyon's own parents said it wasn't about race. It's over and done. Let it rest.
Wait a minute. Remember that for months no prosecuter in Florida would take the case. Eventually this group took the case because they had no choice since it had become so political. They weren't "inept." Could you hit a 98 mph fastball using a wiffle bat?

This was not a legal case, it was a political case that Obama used and to this day continues to use as a political activist rather than as the President.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#369 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are using the law...Martin had no idea why he was being followed and could very well fall into this catagory...Zimmerman did not identify himself or give any reason for his following Martin.
Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1)&#8195;He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony
That's not true. TM could have simply opened his mouth and asked what GZ was doing instead of attacking him. To refute self defense the prosecution would have had to prove that TM had a reason to fear for his life. Simply having someone walk the same way, or even follow you doesn't give you that right. There has to be prior history (domestic violence), a weapon in play, or something that could convince the jury that TM had no choice but to attack. Based on the evidence he had no idea that GM had a gun until it was too late. And convincing a jury that a 17 year old in good shape should be afraid of a pudgy 28 year old would be a tough sell.

That's why SYG never and I repeat never came into play in this case. Neither party could use SYG as an option.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#370 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
You didn't read my prior post that quoted directly from the Florida law did you??
You misquoted it. Nowhere in that law does it state that someone must simply be scared to justify the use of deadly force. It states that they must first be attacked and base fear for their life on that. Reading challenged, are we, or just having too much fun race baiting?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#371 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
Heresay...and you know it...
Sorry...hearsay would be if Trayvon's girlfriend heard what she testified from someone other than Trayvon.
What she gave testimony to is a direct conversation between herself and Trayvon; it's not hearsay when you were one half of the conversation. Swing and a miss again.
Peter Pan

Byron Center, MI

#372 Jul 19, 2013
I don't know about you folks but I'm glad Trayvon's dead.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#373 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Neecer but really...was she really a credible witness for the prosecution?? Really??
Since I didn't watch the trial, I can't honestly answer that question. We can only go by what she said. All I can tell you is that's what SHE said he told her - showing exactly which one of them made a racist comment.

“Lost my mind”

be back later

#374 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot this part...

pretty good up here. Really enjoying this heat! Yes it's hot, yes it's humid, but I can finally say I'm not COLD! hehehe Other than that, super busy.... but hey, that's life, right?

Hope all is well down by you!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#375 Jul 19, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Remember that for months no prosecuter in Florida would take the case. Eventually this group took the case because they had no choice since it had become so political. They weren't "inept." Could you hit a 98 mph fastball using a wiffle bat?
This was not a legal case, it was a political case that Obama used and to this day continues to use as a political activist rather than as the President.
I agree with your assessment as well, however, HAD the prosecution convened a grand jury, the charges might have been different. I suspect lesser charges of manslaughter or aggravated assault. The prosecution was inept because they were too busy trying to prove that they were not inept and instead wound up looking foolish. I too am disgusted by Obama's playing politics with this case as well as the DOJ "investigation".

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#376 Jul 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text> I too am disgusted by Obama's playing politics with this case as well as the DOJ "investigation".
I agree,.... I wonder if Obama will get involved in the case of the black teen that shot five white girls in Kentwood, at a graduation party?
Just like he said about Trayvon,...that could have been his son also.
It's the same exact thing,....only completly different.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#377 Jul 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Please produce one recording in Martin's voice where he said (He called GZ a "creeepy Cracka").
I'll wait...
I sincerely hope for your sake you are never followed and determine you are in danger...you obviously won't know what to do.
That is a recorded fact in court. You didnt watch the court case, did you. No wonder your confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr stewart scott 2,346
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri Jake 2,399
Daane Development towing next to Score Sportsbar Jul 27 Doosh Bagge 1
You Decide Jul 26 You Decide 1
Searching for Richard Painted Horse... Jul 23 Anonymous 1
News New state law enables Holland SmartZone district Jul 23 District 1 1
News Ground broken on Consumers Leadership Center Jul 22 Who 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages