Click on an option to vote

The fat guy is guilty and should be jailed

It was self-defense; Trayvon was up to no good

Really

Wyoming, MI

#294 Jul 16, 2013
Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
And Zimmerman beat up a cop and his girlfriend. You want to attack Trayvon's character then you also have to accept that Zimmerman was no hero.
I don't know if I think Zimmerman was a hero, but I do believe the prosecution was media and Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson/DOJ driven. The prosecution was not even going to take the case to court until the media and others got involved. The DOJ, even now, is pandering and thinking they should investigate, yet again, when there is ZERO evidence that Zimmerman was a racist. By the way, congrats on being yet another person who took something out of context to make your point.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#295 Jul 16, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>"And Zimmerman beat up a cop and his girlfriend"
Really?
Zimmerman beat up a cop, and the cop's girlfreinf?
WOW!
Zimmerman isnt very big to have done that.
Those cop's and their girlfreinds down there cant defend themselves against a 150# Hispanic dude?
Truth of that incident, year's ago.....His friend was being manhandled by a plainclothed officer, that had'nt identified himself....George came to his friend's aid.....Actually, once again, showing his commitment to friendship and protection the community.....Arrests aren't always what they seem....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#296 Jul 16, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody's big worry? Those Predictions of rioting were stoked by none other than the conservative media and fright wingers, a haters like yourself. In fact right after the verdict there were a rash of videos posted on the web of fake race riots. Right wing media were beating that drum all week.
Conservative Media??? Not this time, Buckwheat.....Sound like this?...No Justice No Peace....No Justice No Pea.....Hey, way you get that HDTV???
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#297 Jul 16, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-protesters-ra...
LOS ANGELES (AP)-- Protesters ran through Los Angeles streets Monday night, breaking windows, attacking people on sidewalks and at one point raiding a Wal-Mart store, while others blocked a major freeway in the San Francisco Bay Area in the third night of demonstrations in California over George Zimmerman's Florida acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.
Thirteen people were arrested after multiple acts of vandalism and several assaults in Los Angeles' Crenshaw District, Mayor Eric Garcetti and Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference.

---

Black people are profiling themselves as they respond to the justice system the demanded with violence and crime when the verdict didn't turn out how they wanted.

"Jules" and Al Sharpton called everyone who disagreed with them racists and threw tantrums over profiling. Where are they now as blacks predictable are rioting in the streets and perpetuating the reputation that causes young black people to be looked at as dangerous, criminal and violent.

Why are the black "leaders" not standing up with as much public outrage over these acts of violence and terrorism as they did over Zimmerman defending himself? These same people demanded a trial, demanded justice be served. It was, by means of a legal trial and jury. Now they are just demanding revenge.

Where's Jules now?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#298 Jul 16, 2013
I remember a few years back there was this black guy accused of killing hi ex wife and her friend, no doubt he did it, but he was acquitted. I just don't remember people calling it unjust that he was released and allowed to live his life of course he is a complete a**hole but that's beside the point. Like most trials I did not follow this very much I am just wondering why all the media attention when these things happen everyday someone murders someone and we never hear about it but this case became a feeding frenzy wonder why?? Watch what happens next and who will be the center of attention.
Hoosier

Chicago, IL

#299 Jul 16, 2013
FLBeaver wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted."
He didn't beat up a cop, he pushed him while drunk.
Nor did he beat up his girlfriend. Both parties alleged domestic violence and agreed to stay apart. The police have no record of every being called to break up a fight.
How many cops did Trayvon assault? How many restraining orders did Trayvon have against him? How many drug treatment centers was Trayvon forced to visit in order to get out of a felony assault charge? Lastly, how do you know Zimmerman didn't beat up his girlfriend? Because he said so? She said he did. You must really have a lot of faith in what Zimmerman says.
Chip

Madison, WI

#300 Jul 16, 2013
Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
How many cops did Trayvon assault? How many restraining orders did Trayvon have against him? How many drug treatment centers was Trayvon forced to visit in order to get out of a felony assault charge? Lastly, how do you know Zimmerman didn't beat up his girlfriend? Because he said so? She said he did. You must really have a lot of faith in what Zimmerman says.
Zimmerman is a Hispanic man who accused the Sanford police department of corruption more than a year before he shot Trayvon Martin, saying at a public forum the agency covered up the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white officer according to the AP. He is NOT a racist.

Martin had a recent history of violence and bragged about the fights he was in.

Martin was high at the time of the incident.

Martin was physically capable of assaulting Zimmerman.

Martin cast racist slurs at Zimmerman "Cracker"

Zimmerman called 911 and got out of his car to get the street name to provide to the operator.

Eyewitness testify that Martin was on top and Zimmerman was calling for help.

Martins mother initially said it wasn't her sons voice calling for help, and changed the story after meeting with attorney.

Zimmermans parents said right from the beginning and never changed their story about who's voice was calling for help. This was confirmed by the eyewitness.

What about these fact would lead you to conclude that Martin who was on drugs and liked to fight was running away scared of a pudgy Hispanic man? Why would Martin who was on top beating Zimmerman "MMA" style according to the witness be calling for help.

The know facts of the case are corroborated by all the facts available, this would lead someone with a triple digit IQ to conclude he is telling the truth.

So do you thing he is truthful or do you not have a triple digit IQ?
Chip

Madison, WI

#301 Jul 16, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
I remember a few years back there was this black guy accused of killing hi ex wife and her friend, no doubt he did it, but he was acquitted. I just don't remember people calling it unjust that he was released and allowed to live his life of course he is a complete a**hole but that's beside the point. Like most trials I did not follow this very much I am just wondering why all the media attention when these things happen everyday someone murders someone and we never hear about it but this case became a feeding frenzy wonder why?? Watch what happens next and who will be the center of attention.
I think I recall that this persons attorney had a daughter that posted where's the justice on twitter following the Zimmerman verdict.
optout

Hudsonville, MI

#302 Jul 16, 2013
Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
And Zimmerman beat up a cop and his girlfriend. You want to attack Trayvon's character then you also have to accept that Zimmerman was no hero.
I'm not sure if forum moderators need more than an hour to allow my post or what the deal is. But I'll try again.

And just how did I attack Trayvons' character? Maybe a little quick to judge without totally comprehending my words... maybe I could have explained my opinion a bit better. But for me, an opinion is not worth arguing about.

In certain Michigan cities there is a large population of black people. When white people see so much violence committed by a race of people other than white, it strikes a note with them. Especially because the majority of the population (in that particular area or nearby) is white. So much violence (generally black on black) is just not completely understood. Whether poverty and/or a lack of parental guidance during childhood are leading factors, I do not know. But in the end, I (like many other white Americans) see the result which is one hell of a lot of black on black violence. In other states, this issue can easily be a hispanic/white, asian/white, etc.... I only know what I see all too often here in West Michigan, my home.

My family used to live in Muskegon Heights. For every young black male that was nice, it was as if though 10 young black males despised me simply because I was white. Coming home from a bit of grocery shopping one winter day, I was stopped at a stop sign and a large group of young black males started yelling that I better get out of the neighborhood and started approaching my car. My tires spinning on the ice, if I had not gotten traction, who knows the outcome of this incident? Not knowing me from Adam, I was an instant outcast because of my race. Eventually we just couldn't take the constant stress and I moved my family out of the area. My point is... it's sad when a human is judged soley by their race and not by the person they are inside.

I understand the dilemma of whether race was an factor in the shooting of Trayvor Martin, but only Mr. Zimmerman knows the truth. He says race played no part. Personally, if I were being attacked and truly feared for my life, race would play no part in defending myself, especially if in my mind I had to make a split second decision to use deadly force. However, before I pulled a gun, my first thought would be to yell... "I have a gun" (I speak from personal experience). If those words didn't stop the attack, then so be it, but deadly force is always the last resort. In the end, fear is fear and each individual has a different threshold of such. Don't judge me too harsh... after all, it's just my personal opinion. LOL

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#303 Jul 16, 2013
Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying he didn't assault a cop? How could you follow this case and not know he didn't assault a cop? Zimmerman beat up his own girlfriend, not the cop's.
I didn't say he did, or didn't beat up a cop, and his girlfreind,......those were your words.
Even if that is true, how does that apply to this case?
It doesnt say much for the police department down there if a short little portly 150 pound man is beating up their police officers does it?
Did you somehow miss the photo's of Zimmermans bloody face, broken nose, and all of the blood on the back of his head, due to it being beaten on the sidewalk?
I'm not in any way saying Zimmerman is any kind of hero or anything like that, but from what I've seen, it seems like self defense to me.
I wonder if you can find a way to justify the reply by those that dissagree with the verdict?
I can fully understand people dissagreeing with the verdict. But does that justify more shootings, and murders?

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#304 Jul 16, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
I can fully understand people dissagreeing with the verdict. But does that justify more shootings, and murders?
They can't help themselves. They're ghetto thugs just like Mr Martin.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#305 Jul 16, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>They can't help themselves. They're ghetto thugs just like Mr Martin.
Yeah,...... I guess it's different, when they shoot each other.
73 shootings in Chicago last weekend dont matter.
And now all of the riots that Al Sharpton is calling for is going to help.
They shot 5 girls at a graduation party this weekend.
I guess that's O-K, because thats different.
It's just different when they do it.
That's just o-k..........
SOS in Mesa

Scottsdale, AZ

#306 Jul 16, 2013
Where did Juels go? Is he in LA breaking windows?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#307 Jul 17, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
Where did Juels go? Is he in LA breaking windows?
Evidently she wanted to preach to us about "profiling", but when the conversation (and verdict) didn't go the way she wanted she decided to take her hypocrisy and go home. She spent her entire time here profiling the people she was accusing of profiling. To her it's OK if you're black to profile white people (or whoever the media deems white), but otherwise it's just wrong. That's hardly a new concept. The good fight for equality that MLK and his era ushered in has been replaced with nothing more than angry cries for revenge.

The conversation should really move into a far more dangerous chapter: Eric Holder and Obama's new attempt to glom onto the public's media-driven outrage to attack peoples' right to defend themselves.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#308 Jul 17, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently she wanted to preach to us about "profiling", but when the conversation (and verdict) didn't go the way she wanted she decided to take her hypocrisy and go home. She spent her entire time here profiling the people she was accusing of profiling. To her it's OK if you're black to profile white people (or whoever the media deems white), but otherwise it's just wrong. That's hardly a new concept. The good fight for equality that MLK and his era ushered in has been replaced with nothing more than angry cries for revenge.
The conversation should really move into a far more dangerous chapter: Eric Holder and Obama's new attempt to glom onto the public's media-driven outrage to attack peoples' right to defend themselves.
Obama and Holder are just pandering to the NAACP. Must be an election year is in sight?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#309 Jul 17, 2013
It's too bad that Juror B37 decided against writing her book.......

Must be her husband the lawyer thought that admitting that she went into the trial with a view that George had the right to shoot The Boy before she had heard any of the testimony was a bad idea.

Of course, there are four other jurors that had to come out and make the statement that B37 is nothing more than a money grubbing attention starved crackpot.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#310 Jul 17, 2013
Bob wrote:
Must be her husband the lawyer thought that admitting that she went into the trial with a view that George had the right to shoot The Boy before she had heard any of the testimony was a bad idea.
Of course, there are four other jurors that had to come out and make the statement that B37 is nothing more than a money grubbing attention starved crackpot.
You and your racist, liberal ilk lost fair and square, Boob. Quit your pouting...
Chip

Madison, WI

#311 Jul 17, 2013
Bob wrote:
These same 4 jurors also found Zimmerman NOT Guilty. So how does one "bad" juror change anything?
wonder why

Caledonia, MI

#312 Jul 17, 2013

BILL HAS GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN...

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already!!!
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands'-- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#313 Jul 17, 2013
Bob wrote:
Trials over. Verdicts in. You Zimmerman judges lost. Get over it.

FBI found no evidence of racism. Jury found no evidence of racism.

It's interesting to hear the jury, being sequestered, had no idea of the media blitz and racism campaign being undertaken by Al "skin color opportunist" Sharpton and his ilk, and therefore did not have their opinions influenced. They found no evidence of racism, or least not enough to find Zimmerman guilty.
yet now that they are free to study the media and public reaction, some are offering a more "politically correct" slant on their decisions.

Speaks volumes of the power of the media and special interest influence on decisions that otherwise would be judged on facts and common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 11 min PREXEC 226
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) 9 hr Sharon 9
Local News Women (Apr '09) 9 hr Casual Shoes 2,317
2014 wastebook 13 hr Phil 1
Does anybody miss the Nancy boy pipedream from ... 13 hr Phil 1
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Wed No_More_Dems 106
Obama and cocaine addicts Wed Leroy 11
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs