219 votes

Click on an option to vote

The fat guy is guilty and should be jailed

It was self-defense; Trayvon was up to no good

Jules

Chicago, IL

#189 Jul 11, 2013
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your posts for a while, I would guess that you are 45 or younger.
My wife has a large family ranging from 53 to 76 years old and none of them seem to notice color like the younger generations do. They observe and make sure the know the facts prior to forming their opinion. The only thing I can remember related to color was when one of them was surprised that a "white boy" eats greens.
These folks came up in the 50s and 60s when racism was running rampant. Why is it that they don't react like you?
I was born in 1960. I'll let you figure out my age, if you can count that high. LOL! So racism isn't running rampant any longer? It just went "poof" and disappeared? Ok well, problem solved then I guess!
Jules

Chicago, IL

#190 Jul 11, 2013
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>So if something looks suspicious we should just ignore it, right?
What's your definition of suspicious? Being black? Evidently Zimmerman thinks so. Why else would he call the cops on so many black men and why else would he tell the dispatcher that Trayvon was a ducking punk when he had no idea who Trayvon was? Could it have been his skin color? I'm not sure what else it could have been.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#191 Jul 11, 2013
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>So if something looks suspicious we should just ignore it, right?
I'm guessing, sign-ups for volunteer neighborhood watch people....have plummeted.....A program, by the way ...that many blacks have never heard of.....

Location hidden

#192 Jul 11, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your definition of suspicious? Being black? Evidently Zimmerman thinks so. Why else would he call the cops on so many black men and why else would he tell the dispatcher that Trayvon was a ducking punk when he had no idea who Trayvon was? Could it have been his skin color? I'm not sure what else it could have been.
Beg your pardon...You are asking for definitions ?....Please define, your use of the word....PROFILING.....?
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#194 Jul 11, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
"You want to grow your hair out, wear Led Zep concert tees, torn jeans and smell like pot, get used to being profiled. You want to wear pink polos and striped shorts and penny loafers, prepare to be profiled.
You want to emulate a rapper, you're going to get profiled."
Your words. Elegantly stated by the way.
Bored with me? I gave up on you when I read your profiling post. You, along with the other three or four main posters here, have been doing nothing but proving my point. I thought coming here I might get involved in a discussion about profiling and race relations by boy was I wrong. You people can barely put a sentence together.
Well look at you ...LOL .. "You people can barely put a sentence together" ... You people??
I appreciate that you think my words are elegant, even though me and my people can't put a sentence together.
Chip

Madison, WI

#195 Jul 11, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny that you don't see the irony. You have taken the approach that since Martin was black and Zimmerman was not that he must have profiled him because he was black. Sounds to me like you are profiling Zimmerman as a racist.

It's possible that Martin was a young kid dressed as a punk and that is why Zimmerman thought he was a punk. Keep in mind it was raining and Martin was wearing a hoodie. It's likely when he first saw Martin he wouldn't have been able to establish his race until he got closer.

It's also possible that since Zimmerman knew all of his neighbors that someone who he doesn't recognize walking around in the rain is considered suspicious. I know I would be no matter what race the person is.

The bottom line is you have done much more profiling about Zimmerman than he did about Martin.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#196 Jul 11, 2013
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny that you don't see the irony. You have taken the approach that since Martin was black and Zimmerman was not that he must have profiled him because he was black. Sounds to me like you are profiling Zimmerman as a racist.
It's possible that Martin was a young kid dressed as a punk and that is why Zimmerman thought he was a punk. Keep in mind it was raining and Martin was wearing a hoodie. It's likely when he first saw Martin he wouldn't have been able to establish his race until he got closer.
It's also possible that since Zimmerman knew all of his neighbors that someone who he doesn't recognize walking around in the rain is considered suspicious. I know I would be no matter what race the person is.
The bottom line is you have done much more profiling about Zimmerman than he did about Martin.
Spin much there Spinmeister?????

Consider this. Bottom line, is you're full of dog feces!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#197 Jul 11, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was well established his numerous calls to Dispatch reporting suspicious persons involved only blacks, particularly young black males, not whites or young white males.

Location hidden

#198 Jul 11, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was well established his numerous calls to Dispatch reporting suspicious persons involved only blacks, particularly young black males, not whites or young white males.
Black males had been suspects in 8 breakins in the community in eleven months....one black male had been caught and arrested....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#199 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Beg your pardon...You are asking for definitions ?....Please define, your use of the word....PROFILING.....?
Here, I'll do it for you.

profiling

noun

Definition of PROFILING

: the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits or tendencies <consumer profiling>; specifically : the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior <racial profiling>

Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Obamonkey

Chicago, IL

#200 Jul 11, 2013
Hell no this guy shouldn't be found guilty. If I saw a black punk walking in my neighborhood I would call the police to. Make them think twice before they break into white neighborhoods. I just hope the riots stick to the hood!

Location hidden

#201 Jul 11, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, I'll do it for you.
profiling
noun
Definition of PROFILING
: the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits or tendencies <consumer profiling>; specifically : the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior <racial profiling>
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Thanks alot...Now we can rationalize George being suspicious of young black males, especially those he did'nt recognize...due to past breakins in his neighborhood......Monitoring and observing specific types, based on past behavior and history.....Brilliant.....Why would that be a problem?...
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#202 Jul 11, 2013
Good luck but dream on anyway.

Kind of looks like Manslaughter, A Catergory ONE lesser offense, will be considered by the jury and as such there will be special circumstances and enhancements, i.e. Florida's 10-20 Life Law (Florida's Statute 775.087 that the jury must consider if they find him guilty of Manslaughter.
Florida’s 10-20-Life law imposes enhanced penalties for crimes that involve a firearm.

Consider this.

The 10-20-Life law has two primary enhancements:

Any felony in which a firearm is used is reclassified as follows:
In the case of a felony of the first degree, to a life felony;
In the case of a felony of the second degree, to a felony of the first degree; and
In the case of a felony of the third degree, to a felony of the second degree.
For “enumerated” felonies, a Mandatory-Minimum Prison Sentences must be served (day-for-day, no gain time) if the following apply:
Possession of Firearm during commission of the enumerated felony (10 year minimum prison sentence);
Discharge of Firearm during commission of the enumerated felony (20 year minimum prison sentence); and
Discharge of Firearm causes death or great bodily harm during commission of the enumerated felony (25 year minimum prison sentence and maximum sentence of life imprisonment).

The applicability of 10-20-Life enhancements are determined by a jury through special jury findings, which they return along with their primary verdict.
The special finding is that the defendant either:

Possessed a firearm in the commission of the felony;
Discharged a firearm in the commission of the felony; or
Caused death or great bodily harm with a firearm in the commission of the felony.

Hang on Zimbo!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#203 Jul 11, 2013
Obamonkey wrote:
Hell no this guy shouldn't be found guilty. If I saw a black punk walking in my neighborhood I would call the police to. Make them think twice before they break into white neighborhoods. I just hope the riots stick to the hood!
If I saw an older fat guy I didn't know following me when I wasn't doing anything wrong, and was unarmed, and then this guy who had been following me, then confronted me in a threatening or menacing manner, showing a handgun, talking as though he had one, or otherwise talking tough, demanding to know who I am, what I'm doing and why I'm where I am, the fat guy might end up with a broken nose, and then if I found out he was going to kill me with a handgun, then you better believe I would be fighting for my life.

NEXT!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#204 Jul 11, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in 1960. I'll let you figure out my age, if you can count that high. LOL! So racism isn't running rampant any longer? It just went "poof" and disappeared? Ok well, problem solved then I guess!
You mean the black population still has racist leanings toward whites????? But But But I thought LBJ got rid of the bad feelings.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#205 Jul 11, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Good luck but dream on anyway.
Kind of looks like Manslaughter, A Catergory ONE lesser offense, will be considered by the jury and as such there will be special circumstances and enhancements, i.e. Florida's 10-20 Life Law (Florida's Statute 775.087 that the jury must consider if they find him guilty of Manslaughter.
Florida’s 10-20-Life law imposes enhanced penalties for crimes that involve a firearm.
Consider this.
The 10-20-Life law has two primary enhancements:
Any felony in which a firearm is used is reclassified as follows:
In the case of a felony of the first degree, to a life felony;
In the case of a felony of the second degree, to a felony of the first degree; and
In the case of a felony of the third degree, to a felony of the second degree.
For “enumerated” felonies, a Mandatory-Minimum Prison Sentences must be served (day-for-day, no gain time) if the following apply:
Possession of Firearm during commission of the enumerated felony (10 year minimum prison sentence);
Discharge of Firearm during commission of the enumerated felony (20 year minimum prison sentence); and
Discharge of Firearm causes death or great bodily harm during commission of the enumerated felony (25 year minimum prison sentence and maximum sentence of life imprisonment).
The applicability of 10-20-Life enhancements are determined by a jury through special jury findings, which they return along with their primary verdict.
The special finding is that the defendant either:
Possessed a firearm in the commission of the felony;
Discharged a firearm in the commission of the felony; or
Caused death or great bodily harm with a firearm in the commission of the felony.
Hang on Zimbo!
Since you know the Charges and sentencing structure of Florida, how about you look up the "Elements for Manslaughter" that will define the crime......
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#206 Jul 11, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I didn't know you were a judge. Zimmerman must be a racist because he was watching his hood and saw something that looked out of place. I wonder if Zimmerman stopped a potential crime that was going to occur? But no, all you leftists see is a black man who was shot by someone other than another black man. Where is your rage when it's black on black violence? That's right, no where to be seen. And from what I've read, Trayvon was indeed a punk.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#207 Jul 11, 2013
Obamonkey wrote:
I feel compelled to ask...just how do you determine when a human being is a "black punk"??
Maybe you and sneakless pete could get together and give everyone a definition since the term "black punk" seems to prevail in your limited vocabulary.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#209 Jul 11, 2013
Say NOtoMexicans wrote:
We have to stop prosecuting those that assault the negro. It is well documented that this african derivative is a violent and vicious creature and any that defend themselves or strike out at these creatures should be considered normative and natural. Let's bring some common sense back to this world.
That's complete nonsense. There is good and evil in EVERY race and creed. But then there's this crap which is the REAL root of racism in this country:

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Chip

Madison, WI

#210 Jul 11, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin much there Spinmeister?????
Consider this. Bottom line, is you're full of dog feces!
Thanks for proving you lack the knowledge and skill to respond with something of substance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 5 hr Oneal 153
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 7 hr shutthefuckup 676
Benghazi Cash Grab! 12 hr Gville Jim 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 1,394
Obama Silent On 13 hr Gville Jim 3
Millennials To Obamacare: F That! (Mar '14) Mon Oneal 9
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? Sat TheOne 4
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance