Murder In Kentwood?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Deerfield, IL

#1 Jan 25, 2010
Heard something about shooting near Pinewood(?) & Madison around 6.

“91 Whiskey”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids

#2 Jan 25, 2010
I don't know about that one but there was a shooting in the 1200 block of Alger.

Deerfield, IL

#3 Jan 25, 2010
Kevz wrote:
I don't know about that one but there was a shooting in the 1200 block of Alger.
I missed that one, that would be near Brooklyn and Alger I think. There is an Alger in Wyoming but I don't know if there is a 1200 block.

“91 Whiskey”

Grand Rapids

#4 Jan 25, 2010
GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that one, that would be near Brooklyn and Alger I think.
That sounds about right. The exact address is 1207 and that puts it near the west end of Woodlawn cemetary.

“91 Whiskey”

Grand Rapids

#5 Jan 25, 2010
I live near Eastern and Alger, that's way too close for me.
GOPer

Jackson, MI

#6 Jan 26, 2010
Wow .. one of the kids shot him in the head ..

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_cou...

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#7 Jan 26, 2010
GOPer wrote:
I was just listening to this story on the radio.

"Police interviewed several of the children, and do not believe the shooting was accidental." So does that mean one of the kids intended to kill the man? My gosh the kids where ages 9 to 13 and three of them belonged to the victim. What the heck could have prompted that?

So sad.

Deerfield, IL

#8 Jan 26, 2010
GOPer wrote:
I suspected that because the kid on the phone told the cops he put his fathers two 9mm on the night stand when the cops were on the way.

Deerfield, IL

#9 Jan 26, 2010
Kevz wrote:
I live near Eastern and Alger, that's way too close for me.
I don't live too far from there either. Sounds like drugs to me. That shooting down off Eastern near 36th was drug related also, but in that one the robber got shot and the victim got arrested for drugs.

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#10 Jan 26, 2010
They just said on the radio that the 13 year old in custody is the son of the victim.

The only thing that could possibly excuse this is self defense.
GOPer

Jackson, MI

#11 Jan 26, 2010
EmmaRae wrote:
They just said on the radio that the 13 year old in custody is the son of the victim.
The father was found "slumped over" at the computer .. shot in back of head?? Self defense??
EmmaRae

Canton, MI

#12 Jan 26, 2010
GOPer wrote:
<quoted text>
The father was found "slumped over" at the computer .. shot in back of head?? Self defense??
This is strange my computer won't keep me logged in. Weird.

Anyways. The only reason I said that is with the off chance that there was some type of on going abuse going on or something like that. Still doesn't excuse murder.
GOPer

Jackson, MI

#13 Jan 26, 2010
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
This is strange my computer won't keep me logged in. Weird.
Anyways. The only reason I said that is with the off chance that there was some type of on going abuse going on or something like that. Still doesn't excuse murder.
Don't think it was his father .. news now saying it was the deceased's fiance's son ..
me rval

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2010
The victim is a convicted felon, with a record that includes possession of a Taser in 2003, carrying a concealed weapon in 1993 and auto theft, as a juvenile, in 1991.

let me see if I have this correct...we have a "mother" dating a convicted felon who keeps guns in the home in which the children have access to??? charge the bitch as an accessory
me rval

United States

#15 Jan 26, 2010
Court records show Stokes has children with at least three women, including his fiancee. They have a 4-year-old and 9-year-old together. He also has a 10-year-old with another woman, and an 11-year-old and 12-year-old with another woman, according to petitions for paternity and child support.

Deerfield, IL

#17 Jan 26, 2010
EmmaRae wrote:
Or abuse, looks like the deceased had some troubles.
me rval

United States

#18 Jan 26, 2010
GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Or abuse, looks like the deceased had some troubles.
the boy's attorney says that the kid fired the gun accidentally...Authorities say otherwise, and aren't releasing the "motive"...it'll be interesting to hear what all plays out...the boy's mother and the victim have a long history with two kids together

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#19 Jan 26, 2010
me rval wrote:
Court records show Stokes has children with at least three women, including his fiancee. They have a 4-year-old and 9-year-old together. He also has a 10-year-old with another woman, and an 11-year-old and 12-year-old with another woman, according to petitions for paternity and child support.
Wow,.... can you even imagine the confusion at the family reunions?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#20 Jan 26, 2010
They say it was accidental.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index....

I couldnt believe they showed the 13 year old on Wood t-v tonight.
They usually dont do that when a juvenile is involved.
me rval

United States

#21 Jan 26, 2010
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Wow,.... can you even imagine the confusion at the family reunions?
definitely not a case of "who's your daddy?," but, "who's your mommy?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truly Disturbing Racism and The Silence That Fo... 1 hr Gville Jim 12
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 1 hr Gville Jim 1,143
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jan 15 T-Man 2,823
News Donald Trump defends use of "sch****ed" against... (Dec '15) Jan 14 MrsMrs90 89
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Jan 14 MrsMrs90 6
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Jan 14 MrsMrs90 613
Is Obama a hypocrite? Jan 13 Gville Jim 49

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages