“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#121 Apr 8, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you've never gotten a driver's license...... There are a number of things you have to do before you're given one.
You've bought a hunting license either..... Probably never heard of a hunter's safety certificate.
Try purchasing one of the former over the counter cold remedies with Sudafed without providing an ID card.
Purchasing certain quantities of fertilizer of the type used in bomb making will also get you on a list.
But I guess you're right...... Anybody walking right out of the prison gates should make their first stop at the local gun store. The guy with a fist full of ppo's shouldn't be kept from his constitutional right to bear arms either.
Thankfully the 2nd amendment allows everyone to own whatever gun they want!
I'm grandfathered in on hunter safety,(old as dirt). The mill doesn't care if I buy a bag of fertilizer, and stop letting these repeat violent criminals out of prison. Lemon, honey, and a shot of Jim Beam takes care of my colds. You really don't have a grasp on freedom do you?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#122 Apr 8, 2013
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm grandfathered in on hunter safety,(old as dirt). The mill doesn't care if I buy a bag of fertilizer, and stop letting these repeat violent criminals out of prison. Lemon, honey, and a shot of Jim Beam takes care of my colds. You really don't have a grasp on freedom do you?
I rather enjoy the grasp on reality myself.....

Try it!

“lover”

Dorr MI

#123 Apr 8, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I rather enjoy the grasp on reality myself.....
Try it!
Your reality? LMAO!!! Now that's funny! Thanks Bob I'm going to chuckle about that one all day. HeHeHe!
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#124 Apr 8, 2013
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
A National Campaign to Prevent the Illegal "Straw Purchase" of Firearms

It is highly illegal and punishable by a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison.
If you feel so strongly about gun laws then you should have a better understanding of them.

Straw purchase laws only apply to licensed dealers, not to individuals or gun shows. If you buy a gun from a licensed dealer you can STILL pass it on (to someone who shouldn't have it) legally by claiming the gun was a 'gift'. Funny how that wording got drafted into that law huh?

You can buy a gun from an individual or gun show and legally pass that gun along to someone who shouldn't have it, even if they're a convicted, violent felon, with no threat whatsoever of any repercussions.

Makes total sense huh? What you and the NRA are saying is, anyone in this country....anyone...should be able to have access to guns.

Once you bring up straw purchases to some NRA clown be prepared for a 10 minute lecture that misrepresents the constitution, shows their total lack of any understanding of the laws on the books and tries to drown out common sense by bringing up word tracks like:

"once you tale one perrrrson they can't hava gun then you start tellin' someon' ay-lse they can't have a gun neether....<wipes drool off chin>...and pretty soon the govment is goin' from house to house takin' everbudy's guns" <inserts index finger into nose past the second phalanges>.

“lover”

Dorr MI

#125 Apr 8, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel so strongly about gun laws then you should have a better understanding of them.
Straw purchase laws only apply to licensed dealers, not to individuals or gun shows. If you buy a gun from a licensed dealer you can STILL pass it on (to someone who shouldn't have it) legally by claiming the gun was a 'gift'. Funny how that wording got drafted into that law huh?
You can buy a gun from an individual or gun show and legally pass that gun along to someone who shouldn't have it, even if they're a convicted, violent felon, with no threat whatsoever of any repercussions.
Makes total sense huh? What you and the NRA are saying is, anyone in this country....anyone...should be able to have access to guns.
Once you bring up straw purchases to some NRA clown be prepared for a 10 minute lecture that misrepresents the constitution, shows their total lack of any understanding of the laws on the books and tries to drown out common sense by bringing up word tracks like:
"once you tale one perrrrson they can't hava gun then you start tellin' someon' ay-lse they can't have a gun neether....<wipes drool off chin>...and pretty soon the govment is goin' from house to house takin' everbudy's guns" <inserts index finger into nose past the second phalanges>.
If you sell a gun to someone who commits a crime with it you are now an accomplice. Why is a violent felon out of prison in the first place? What makes you think these people will obey the new laws? You do not sound very intelligent debating issues sometimes SS.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#126 Apr 8, 2013
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think these people will obey the new laws?
Then lets just end all child rape laws too because they don't seem to stop child rapists. Let's just end laws against speeding because no one goes the speed limit.

That's all you have?? And my debating skills suffer? At least my post was sprinkled with facts instead of just hyperbole and wordtracks.

“lover”

Dorr MI

#127 Apr 8, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then lets just end all child rape laws too because they don't seem to stop child rapists. Let's just end laws against speeding because no one goes the speed limit.
That's all you have?? And my debating skills suffer? At least my post was sprinkled with facts instead of just hyperbole and wordtracks.
I don't believe rape is one of the amendments guaranteed in the constitution SS. Who drives the speed limit now? The law is for revenue purposes. You're full of something, but it's definitely not facts. Did you go to school with Bob? Just wondering....
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#128 Apr 8, 2013
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe rape is one of the amendments guaranteed in the constitution SS.....
LOL...predictable. Like a record.

Those guys who wrote the constitution and the second amendment? Yeah, those guys? Well, they kept all kinds of people from owning guns AND....they required gun registration.

So as long as we're talking the constitution here, are you saying the men who wrote the second amendment were wrong and you're right? Are you and your NRA buddies soooo right that you know more about what they meant and intended when they wrote the second amendment than they did? WOW! Impressive!

“lover”

Dorr MI

#129 Apr 8, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...predictable. Like a record.
Those guys who wrote the constitution and the second amendment? Yeah, those guys? Well, they kept all kinds of people from owning guns AND....they required gun registration.
So as long as we're talking the constitution here, are you saying the men who wrote the second amendment were wrong and you're right? Are you and your NRA buddies soooo right that you know more about what they meant and intended when they wrote the second amendment than they did? WOW! Impressive!
Thanx, sometimes I think my superior intelligence is a curse. ;-)
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#130 Apr 8, 2013
Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanx, sometimes I think my superior intelligence is a curse. ;-)
Keep at it Large.... These whiney libs don't even pay income taxes and they want to control our life's....... Screw em.......
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

#131 Apr 8, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Keep at it Large.... These whiney libs don't even pay income taxes and they want to control our life's....... Screw em.......
Were the founding fathers libs who wanted to control people's lives too? Alot of similarities between their vision of gun control and the libs. Maybe this country was never what you envisioned afterall. Now you're trying to change it? Maybe you should just find another country...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#132 Apr 8, 2013
Stupid libs.....
Really

Grandville, MI

#133 Apr 8, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the founding fathers libs who wanted to control people's lives too? Alot of similarities between their vision of gun control and the libs. Maybe this country was never what you envisioned afterall. Now you're trying to change it? Maybe you should just find another country...
Or, you could find another country or better yet, start your own. Just think...you could write the rules just the way you like them and you could keep people out that don't agree with you. I hear there are several deserted islands in the South Pacific.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#134 Apr 8, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>If you feel so strongly about gun laws then you should have a better understanding of them.

"If you buy a gun from a licensed dealer you can STILL pass it on (to someone who shouldn't have it) legally by claiming the gun was a 'gift'." Define "shouldn't" Does it mean a person that can not posses it legally? Wow you got some thing ring with your head boy! Lol!
Phil

Oxford, MI

#135 Apr 8, 2013
St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Were the founding fathers libs who wanted to control people's lives too? Alot of similarities between their vision of gun control and the libs. Maybe this country was never what you envisioned afterall. Now you're trying to change it? Maybe you should just find another country...
"Alot of similarities between their vision of gun control and the libs."
Please list all of them. I'm sure all of us would like to see these similarities. Here's your big chance.
Side show bob

United States

#136 Apr 8, 2013
As a conservative, veteran and a gun owner who happens to be a member of the evil NRA I think Mark is a hero, he's earned his crusade. Do I think it's a little misguided, sure but this is an issue that hits close to home for him and he feels obligated to somehow avenge what happened to his wife. He's a good man and although I don't agree with him politically I don't think lesser of him as an American or a human being. We all have our differences and we don't always agree but we have to remember above, all we are Americans.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#137 Apr 8, 2013
Side show bob wrote:
As a conservative, veteran and a gun owner who happens to be a member of the evil NRA I think Mark is a hero, he's earned his crusade. Do I think it's a little misguided, sure but this is an issue that hits close to home for him and he feels obligated to somehow avenge what happened to his wife. He's a good man and although I don't agree with him politically I don't think lesser of him as an American or a human being. We all have our differences and we don't always agree but we have to remember above, all we are Americans.
Ya Phil you are a sideshow you sniveling little twerp. You can't even post a comment using your real ID and ISP here. BATF and Homeland Security should pay your sorry a## a visit and have you try explain one of your dumbass comments you posted on another topic you started. The content in that comment should raise some concerns. Enough concern in fact that maybe a letter to the city of Newtown and the CT state police with a copy of your comments may also be in order. What do you think twerp?

Phil

Oxford, MI

#138 Apr 8, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Ya Phil you are a sideshow you sniveling little twerp. You can't even post a comment using your real ID and ISP here. BATF and Homeland Security should pay your sorry a## a visit and have you try explain one of your dumbass comments you posted on another topic you started. The content in that comment should raise some concerns. Enough concern in fact that maybe a letter to the city of Newtown and the CT state police with a copy of your comments may also be in order. What do you think twerp?
I think you have something there. Go ahead and report it. But first answer to this Jason.
"Alot of similarities between their vision of gun control and the libs."
Please list all of them. I'm sure all of us would like to see these similarities. Here's your big chance.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#139 Apr 8, 2013
Oh, and hurry up Jason or you'll be late for dancing and the men will not be happy with you.
Side show bob

Grand Rapids, MI

#140 Apr 8, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Phil you are a sideshow you sniveling little twerp. You can't even post a comment using your real ID and ISP here. BATF and Homeland Security should pay your sorry a## a visit and have you try explain one of your dumbass comments you posted on another topic you started. The content in that comment should raise some concerns. Enough concern in fact that maybe a letter to the city of Newtown and the CT state police with a copy of your comments may also be in order. What do you think twerp?
I am not Phil I mostly am a lurker and rarely post here although I do post quite often to other sites. People like you have over run this place and no real conversation about anything gets started here. Seams like most just want to argue their point and drown out any discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama attends only 41.2% of his intelligence br... 2 hr DR X 3
Bengazi is back 2 hr kookierecluse 155
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 3 hr Yolanda 105
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? 3 hr Gville Jim 6
Holder is stepping down 9 hr Kathy 8
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 1,396
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 23 hr shutthefuckup 676

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]