|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Living Large2 wrote:
It does not matter, 5 bullets or 30,.
Well since Giffords shooter wasn't stopped until he had to reload (after 33 shots) I'd say it does make a difference and a larger percentage of Americans agree with me than they do you.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah you could be right, if Kelly was even there. He was in Houston when she was shot. There were cops at the event. Armed professional law enforcement and they were unable to stop this slaughter.

Kelly isn't doing this out of guilt, he is doing it out of frustration that a complete phsyco can buy a handgun, with a 33 round magazine and unleash his f'ed up fury upon 19 people, including his wife. You people are on the wrong side of public opinion when it comes to background checks, gun show loopholes and armor piercing ammunition.

Kelly isn't some far left wing crazy person who lost it because his wife was shot like you people are making him out to be. He represents a majority of America. It's people like him that are going to make the most difference in gun laws because we sure can't count on our legislators to stop cashing the NRA's checks (both dem and republican). There are responsible gun owners out there. Even some of the more conservative gun owners I know are OK with background checks and increased penalties for straw purchasers.
He was out banging his girlfriend. Can you blame the lowlife lier and cheat. What else would you expect from a Decorate.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>That seems to be the answer to everything......

If somebody says we can't correct a problem, we should just leave it alone!
I think we should cut your tongue off to stop you from licking them. Don't tell me we should do nothing about it.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Well since Giffords shooter wasn't stopped until he had to reload (after 33 shots) I'd say it does make a difference and a larger percentage of Americans agree with me than they do you.
With that opinion we would still have slaves. The Slaves would still not be aloud guns to protect themselves under the racist people. After all gun laws were overwhelmingly racist laws.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since Giffords shooter wasn't stopped until he had to reload (after 33 shots) I'd say it does make a difference and a larger percentage of Americans agree with me than they do you.
Typical liberal knee jerk reaction. Are you talking polls or actual informed citizens? The dumbing down of America continues. History proves you wrong, we have tougher gun laws and more violence, doesn't make much sense. But sense and freedom
seems to have been lost in parts of this country.

“lover”

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be the answer to everything......
If somebody says we can't correct a problem, we should just leave it alone!
Once again you totally miss the point Bob, the problem is not the guns. Why is it uninformed people are so quick to throw our constitution in the toilet because no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. With rights there's responsibilities. To punish millions of people for the actions of a few is fair?
St Stephen

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Living Large2 wrote:
<quoted text>Typical liberal knee jerk reaction. Are you talking polls or actual informed citizens? The dumbing down of America continues. History proves you wrong, we have tougher gun laws and more violence, doesn't make much sense. But sense and freedom
seems to have been lost in parts of this country.
Nice attempt at categorizing me into a little corner but it's not a knee jerk reaction.

We have tougher guns laws vs. what? Whom? The NRA's goal since the early 1980's has been to keep any and every gun law from being passed, no matter how much it made sense.

Give me one good reason why we don't have laws on the books to go after straw purchasers on used guns or new guns bought at a non-federal firearms licensed dealer?. I'll be waiting for your intelligently crafted example/s.
Phil

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Nice attempt at categorizing me into a little corner but it's not a knee jerk reaction.

We have tougher guns laws vs. what? Whom? The NRA's goal since the early 1980's has been to keep any and every gun law from being passed, no matter how much it made sense.

Give me one good reason why we don't have laws on the books to go after straw purchasers on used guns or new guns bought at a non-federal firearms licensed dealer?. I'll be waiting for your intelligently crafted example/s.
We do have laws to go after straw purchasers. That's why the dealers on the boarder were calling the government when they got suspicious. The government said go ahead with the sale they had agents on it. After the purchase the agents were ordered to let the straw purchasers go over the border. After several agents leaked it out the Fast and Furious scandal was born. I agree the Obama administration was accessory to the crime and should be held accountable for it along with public mistrust. That's not to say anything about doing all without the Mexican governments permission. Just think what you guys would be saying if the Mexican government was supplying guns to our criminals over here. Reminds me of Obama giving missile launchers, guns, tanks, and jets away. Amazing Libya gets them Mexico, Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt the list goes on and on. Yet we can't have these little guns here at home. Oow.... That gun looks scary because it has a pistol grip on the rifle. We will now call it a assault rifle and ban it. You people on the left are totally off your rocker
St Stephen

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have laws to go after straw purchasers. That's why the dealers on the boarder were calling the government when they got suspicious. The government said go ahead with the sale they had agents on it. After the purchase the agents were ordered to let the straw purchasers go over the border. After several agents leaked it out the Fast and Furious scandal was born. I agree the Obama administration was accessory to the crime and should be held accountable for it along with public mistrust. That's not to say anything about doing all without the Mexican governments permission. Just think what you guys would be saying if the Mexican government was supplying guns to our criminals over here. Reminds me of Obama giving missile launchers, guns, tanks, and jets away. Amazing Libya gets them Mexico, Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt the list goes on and on. Yet we can't have these little guns here at home. Oow.... That gun looks scary because it has a pistol grip on the rifle. We will now call it a assault rifle and ban it. You people on the left are totally off your rocker
WTF are you going on about? Mexico? Syria? Assault rifles? Missile launchers?

Hey, weirdo "I call everyone Jason" dude, I was just talking about straw purchasing in the United States. Take your meds, put your drool guard back in and follow the Dr's orders by staying away from sharp objects.
Phil

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you going on about? Mexico? Syria? Assault rifles? Missile launchers?

Hey, weirdo "I call everyone Jason" dude, I was just talking about straw purchasing in the United States. Take your meds, put your drool guard back in and follow the Dr's orders by staying away from sharp objects.
I call you Jason. Try educating yourself on the law before you drivel stupidity. You know exactly what I was talking about. You just want to look at everything separately to fit your needs or ignore totally. Poor Jason
Phil

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you going on about? Mexico? Syria? Assault rifles? Missile launchers?

BTW I was talking about straw purchasing in the United States too. Reading and comprehension is not your strong point. You should stick to dancing.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

More gun laws are not going to do anything about keeping guns out of the hands of people that use them to commit crimes.
When you watch the morning news, and hear about all of the shootings that occurred overnight, you have to realize that they did not occur by someone that went through proper procedures, and purchased the gun legally.
We already have background checks.
Will more background checks keep guns out of the hands of criminals that use them for wrong doing?
I don't mind having to go through a background check at all. I have no problem with that.
It still will not keep guns out of the hands of those that are going to use them to commit a crime.
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Living Large2 wrote:
I think Kelly might be filled with guilt. If he would have been carrying he possibly could have stopped what happened. Now he's lashing out at gun owners.
That's an interesting perspective actually. I hadn't thought of that possibility.
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you going on about? Mexico? Syria? Assault rifles? Missile launchers?
Your argumentative skills are terrible.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

What a shocker....and to think that a population that witnessed 21 small children slaughtered with a high capacity firearm....then respond by running to gun stores, nationwide in order to make sure they don't go without......to imagine that such a crowd, cannot come to some agreement that might lighten the flow of these weapons.....hard to comprehend.....
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
What a shocker....and to think that a population that witnessed 21 small children slaughtered with a high capacity firearm....then respond by running to gun stores, nationwide in order to make sure they don't go without......to imagine that such a crowd, cannot come to some agreement that might lighten the flow of these weapons.....hard to comprehend.....
And you don't comprehend that the ban will only keep the weapons out of the hands of the law abiding citizens. It will do zilch, zip, nada to keep the weapons from the hands of the criminals. The criminals, by the way, don't bother with background checks and generally give the government the middle finger. However, that being said, there is a need to tighten the background checks at gun shows. But again, the criminals don't go to gun shows and purchase their weapons. I have yet to see one proposal to stop the criminals and the mentally disturbed individuals from purchasing weapons. And we won't see one because there are very few, if any, in Washington that comprehend the actual issue. And that is reflected on these threads as well.
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>And you don't comprehend that the ban will only keep the weapons out of the hands of the law abiding citizens. It will do zilch, zip, nada to keep the weapons from the hands of the criminals. The criminals, by the way, don't bother with background checks and generally give the government the middle finger. However, that being said, there is a need to tighten the background checks at gun shows. But again, the criminals don't go to gun shows and purchase their weapons. I have yet to see one proposal to stop the criminals and the mentally disturbed individuals from purchasing weapons. And we won't see one because there are very few, if any, in Washington that comprehend the actual issue. And that is reflected on these threads as well.
" I have yet to see one proposal to stop the criminals and the mentally disturbed individuals from purchasing weapons."
Isn't it funny that the only reason these 20,000 laws were supposedly made were to do exactly that. They should not be aloud to do anything about gun show background checks until they enforce the laws on the books and scrap the ones that do nothing. Until they do something about the mental side of the issue. Until they do something about news papers or anyone else posting maps invading people's privacy (in all 57 states lol!)

“lover”

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at categorizing me into a little corner but it's not a knee jerk reaction.
Straw purchases are legal except in cases where the ultimate receiver of goods or services uses those goods or services in the commission of a crime with the prior knowledge of the straw purchaser, or if the ultimate possessor is not legally able to purchase the goods/services. It is already illegal, again enforce the laws we have.

“lover”

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Don't you think that person would just have more clips that hold less? After all he had more weapons that he didn't use. And they were not even his in the first place. Back to people not taking responsibility. Why on earth did his parents allow him to have any type of access to guns anyway? Good thing they didn't have fertilizer and fuel oil at home.

“lover”

Dorr MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

I don't know about any one else, but I've only been to two gun shows and both required background checks to purchase or sell a firearm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of161
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••