Fireworks: There's a difference between being a proud patriot and a neighborhood nuisance

Jun 28, 2013 Full story: MLive.com

But less popular - and deservedly so - are the community members shooting off noisy bottle rockets and Roman candles at all hours of the night for much of the summer.

Full Story
Roger Groot

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2013
Yes I agree with the person who wrote about persons who shoot off fireworks at all hours and weeks before and after the fourth of July.
For those who have infants,others with health issues having fireworks at all hours,there is a difference between being a proud patriot or a neighborhood nuisance.This is why more laws have to be made which no one likes more laws but if those who do not use common sense this causes more laws.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jul 14, 2013
Roger Groot wrote:
Yes I agree with the person who wrote about persons who shoot off fireworks at all hours and weeks before and after the fourth of July.
For those who have infants,others with health issues having fireworks at all hours,there is a difference between being a proud patriot or a neighborhood nuisance.This is why more laws have to be made which no one likes more laws but if those who do not use common sense this causes more laws.
Given I (and my dog who go crazy over fireworks) have heard two maybe three "booms" after midnight since the fourth, it would be nice if the writer would report reality rather than fantasy.
But he's part of the media where facts and reality don't sell nearly as we'll as fantasy and fiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy Pelosi: Liberal wacko 54 min Who 2
obama chides isis 2 hr bobolinq 1
obama must act to protect american interests. . . 3 hr Lilly_Bedwetter 5
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) 5 hr Phil 86
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 8 hr Oneal 23
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 8 hr Oneal 22
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 1,366
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••