Mom doesn't want to move son's roadsi...

Mom doesn't want to move son's roadside memorial

There are 407 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Mom doesn't want to move son's roadside memorial. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

When Kraig Millsap was killed by a hit-and-run driver in December, his family and friends put up a roadside memorial at the location.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#398 Jan 4, 2010
It's been two years. If he's not buried by now, maybe it's time for some compassionate people to raise the money to do so. Spread out over all the people who are reportedly visiting this memorial (on private property), it should not be that much per person to raise. Then they could visit a much more appropriate place to mourn. He did not die on the landowner's property, but rather in front of it. Why does the memorial have to be on his property rather than the road right of way?
me rval

United States

#399 Jan 4, 2010
Gentle Taz wrote:
Then they could visit a much more appropriate place to mourn. He did not die on the landowner's property, but rather in front of it. Why does the memorial have to be on his property rather than the road right of way?
And WhoTF are YOU to tell someone HOW they should mourn? I can't even wrap my mind around your people's way of thinking, showing such a lack of compassion for someone who has lost a loved one, ESPECIALLY A CHILD...G-d forbid anyone do anything for someone else
whatever

Sanford, ME

#400 Jan 4, 2010
me rval wrote:
<quoted text>
And WhoTF are YOU to tell someone HOW they should mourn? I can't even wrap my mind around your people's way of thinking, showing such a lack of compassion for someone who has lost a loved one, ESPECIALLY A CHILD...G-d forbid anyone do anything for someone else
By the same token, who are YOU to tell someone how they should use their property? If you want mourners on your property, by all means go ahead, that's your choice. Just don't try to dictate what occurs on my property.
me rval

United States

#401 Jan 4, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
By the same token, who are YOU to tell someone how they should use their property?
Because that IS what THIS LIFE is about...what we do for others
whatever

Sanford, ME

#402 Jan 4, 2010
me rval wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because you are such a giving loving charitable person who always strives to help others.

I actually said that with a straight face.
me rval

United States

#403 Jan 4, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because you are such a giving loving charitable person who always strives to help others.
Thanks for noticing
PAPOLLY

Benton, TN

#404 Jan 4, 2010
me rval wrote:
<quoted text>
KARMA WORKS BOTH WAYS YOU KNOW!!!WHAT YOU DO TO OTHERS...
me rval

United States

#405 Jan 4, 2010
PAPOLLY wrote:
<quoted text>KARMA WORKS BOTH WAYS YOU KNOW!!!WHAT YOU DO TO OTHERS...
Still waiting

“You're gonna make it after all”

Since: May 09

Wyoming, MI

#406 Jan 4, 2010
me rval wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes both ways Rval. I am positive nobody here has a problem allowing a family an initial time of grief at the location of an accident. That is certainly the right thing to do. But to have something go on indefinitely now crosses that line of what is 'right' to do on the part of the grieving person. Should they be allowed to go into a hospital room where a loved one died daily for the rest of their lives? What about a place of business? If you don't see an issue here that can go both ways -you are too blind to see.
Flawed

Grand Rapids, MI

#407 Jan 4, 2010
Do you even realise that Kraig did not die at the scene? He died the next day, in the hospital. That is where he took his last breath.

http://www.wwmt.com/news/detective-1345839-hi...
me rval

United States

#408 Jan 4, 2010
I guess that would depend on one's "meaning" of "last breath"
me rval

United States

#409 Jan 4, 2010
Businessminded_plus4 wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes both ways Rval. I am positive nobody here has a problem allowing a family an initial time of grief at the location of an accident. That is certainly the right thing to do. But to have something go on indefinitely now crosses that line of what is 'right' to do on the part of the grieving person. Should they be allowed to go into a hospital room where a loved one died daily for the rest of their lives? What about a place of business? If you don't see an issue here that can go both ways -you are too blind to see.
You know what you're too stupid to see? The fact that, when these things initially happen, people tend to visit "the place" frequently right afterwards, and less frequently as time goes on; Is it STILL an "issue" that people are gathering at the accident site these days, or are you just guessing that because this thread was brought to the main Topix page by some troll?
rval is a loser

Grand Rapids, MI

#410 Jan 4, 2010
me rval wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it STILL an "issue" that people are gathering at the accident site these days, or are you just guessing that because this thread was brought to the main Topix page by some troll?
7 posts by YOU on this thread in the last 24 hours, LMAO, the only troll keeping this up top is you. Why can't YOU let it go? Why the need for the last word all the time, has it ever worked out for you? You are pathetic and everyone knows it. No friends, no life, your neighbors can't stand you, heck your own kids can't stand you. LMFAO!
me rval

United States

#411 Jan 4, 2010
rval is a loser wrote:
<quoted text>Why the need for the last word all the time
And you're attempting what, by replying to me? LOL...
Now go get the mirror and recite...
mirror mirror on the wall
who's the biggest hypocrite of all
Flawed

Grand Rapids, MI

#412 Jan 6, 2010
me rval wrote:
I guess that would depend on one's "meaning" of "last breath"
I guess it would be the last intake and exhalation of air. But that is just me.
PAPOLLY

Benton, TN

#413 Jan 7, 2010
me rval wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're attempting what, by replying to me? LOL...
Now go get the mirror and recite...
mirror mirror on the wall
who's the biggest hypocrite of all
reductio ad absurdum
Bentely

Rockford, MI

#414 Jan 15, 2010
Leave this poor woman alone to grieve her loved one.
PAPOLLY

Benton, TN

#415 Jan 16, 2010
THIS IS STILL AMERICA,IF YOU ARE FREE TO INFLICT YOU PAIN AND SORRROW ON ME THEN I AM FREE TO TELL YOU I DO NOT WANT IT OR A REMINDER OF IT!!!!!!!
Bentely

Rockford, MI

#417 Jan 17, 2010
Bentely wrote:
<quoted text>
If this comment is to me Bentely, then you can kiss my ass.
You are so very wrong, I did not make a comment like this to you. Go back and see what rval has to say about the issue. And no thanks, I prefer not to kiss your ass
Karen

Lincoln, NE

#418 Dec 13, 2010
I think about the kid's death day after day, his face everywhere I go. It's not annoying to have that to get the grief out, but people like the family that has to deal, need time to figure stuff out. Kraig Millsap RIP man RIP
May the love and care be with you in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr Sara Lee 3,063
Memory of and fentanyl Tue coco4u 1
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sun Marlene K 56
Mexican people think they own everything. Tru... Sun Marlene K 7
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Oct 15 Marlene K 100
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Oct 8 Whoremonger 5
Enroll Now - If Anyone Would Like To Help! Oct 8 Guest 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages