4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on detention policy

Four former inmates are seeking damages over naked detention practices at the Saginaw County Jail. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Portage, MI

#1 Mar 14, 2008
How crude!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 14, 2008
Nothing like a little nudity to teach one humility!

Tough stuff, I say. If you cannot cooperate, you pay the consequences.

“Common sense RULES ”

West Michigan

#3 Mar 14, 2008
Article doesn't really tell much. Why are these people complaining now?

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2008
Well, at least they were in solitary confinement, and not in a cell with 10 or more others. While I don't agree with what they did, an easy solution would be to NOT go to jail. ;o)

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6 Mar 14, 2008
Lucy in Rockford wrote:
Nothing like a little nudity to teach one humility!
Tough stuff, I say. If you cannot cooperate, you pay the consequences.
Why not just rape the inmates or burn them with lit cigars then? I guess if they don't cooperate then they pay the consequences right?
whatever

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Mar 14, 2008
Sounds somewhat perverted to me.

Portage, MI

#8 Mar 14, 2008
FRANNY MOIT wrote:
because they were drunk they deserved to be naked? how does that make sense? i hope they get some $$$ out of this. to many cops think they are top dogs b-cuz they wear a badge.
I do not hope they get $$$ due to coming out of our pockets! Every lawsuit towards a state owned deal comes out of the working persons pocket. I am not wanting to help pay for anything to the government!
coffee lover

Wayland, MI

#9 Mar 14, 2008
Good. Maybe they will not drink and drive again. If all jails did this maybe we would not have any more lives lost to drunk drivers.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 14, 2008
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not just rape the inmates or burn them with lit cigars then? I guess if they don't cooperate then they pay the consequences right?
Sorry SB - we're going to disagree on this one. I've seen how violent drunken people can be; I've actually seen someone try to strangle another person with their shirt sleeves. If these guys' clothes were taken from them, it was probably for a very good reason.
Dan

East Troy, WI

#11 Mar 14, 2008
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunks and drug users get absolutely no sympathy here.

United States

#12 Mar 14, 2008
I agree with you Lucy. I hear the stories all the time. I don't know why they didn't give them clothes to wear, but if someone even mentions the word suicidal, it is the duty of the officers to do whatever they can to prevent them from trying to hang themselves with their own clothes or the jail uniform.
I'd like to see any one of you bleeding hearts try and wrestle an angry drunk. I bet you would think differently after.
I hope they don't get a dime either.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13 Mar 14, 2008
Lucy in Rockford wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry SB - we're going to disagree on this one. I've seen how violent drunken people can be; I've actually seen someone try to strangle another person with their shirt sleeves. If these guys' clothes were taken from them, it was probably for a very good reason.
If that were the case, then I'd totally agree with you. I've been around enough drunks throughout the years but they've all been friendly ones

Since: Mar 08

United States

#14 Mar 14, 2008
Suicidal drunks in Kent County Correctional Facility get a paper gown and solitary confinement. That seems to work, I wonder if there is any kind of report on incidents, whether it be fights or suicides, for intoxicated inmates in the the "Drunk Tank". Anyone know of any? I agree with solitary confinement, but give them a paper gown or a blanket to keep there pride.

Since: Jul 07

Grandville, MI

#15 Mar 14, 2008
I didn't think a drinking and driving charge should have anything to do with being stripped naked and held in confinement. UNTIL I read Lucy's statement. If they were suicidal, then yes that would be the "ONLY" reason to do that. Otherwise it was too much. I could understand if it was a weapon's or drug charge. Esp. the drug charge, there are way to many places on the body that people hide their drugs from the police.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#16 Mar 14, 2008
All I know is that if I forcibly undress someone, I will be in that jail. Why is the law different for police?

United States

#17 Mar 14, 2008
If the officers were in the wrong, then they should be suspended. Will have to wait for the outcome of this story.
I'm just curious how these 4 came to the conclusion that they were all treated in the same manner. If they were in solitary, they can't communicate with other inmates........did they chat when they were being released? ;o)

Location hidden

#18 Mar 14, 2008
People. Spend a night watching our good police force process drunks, druggies, prostitutes, and "sh it ters and sp it ters", and you will not hesitate to strip them, and shove them into the nearest cell. When you've been there, you'll understand. Don't feel too sorry for them.

United States

#19 Mar 14, 2008
Thanks Lucy. Well put. I understand completely.

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#20 Mar 15, 2008
I think it'd be pretty nice if someone (female)could hold or just be with me nude, for 4 hours!
need

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Mar 16, 2008
Trouser Cough wrote:
I think it'd be pretty nice if someone (female)could hold or just be with me nude, for 4 hours!
right now i would love to be really need some

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 8 hr kookierecluse 941
obama chides isis 9 hr Gville Jim 2
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 21 hr Go Blue Forever 1,368
obama must act to protect american interests. . . Sun Lilly_Bedwetter 5
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) Sun Phil 86
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Sun Oneal 23
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t Sun Oneal 22
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••