Three Rivers, MI

#21 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults...
From post # 3 "you two hypocrites"
From post # 5 "mind-numbing liberal tendencies"
From post # 5 "you morons"
You can't post anything without having to try, yes I said try, to be demeaning and insulting. Maybe you ought to take a look in the mirror.
Maybe you should go to the kiddie end of the pool and ignore my posts if they're too adult for you.
I've no interest in arguing with someone who can't answer simple questions anyway.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#22 May 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should go to the kiddie end of the pool and ignore my posts if they're too adult for you.
I've no interest in arguing with someone who can't answer simple questions anyway.
Excellent!!!
From post # 12 from you "What you will get is insults and finger-pointing"

I post your very words that mirror the EXACT thing you mention that you are guilty of and you post the above.

Projection, failed, faulty and full of holes, but never the less, Projection.

Your concession is noted and your annoying presence will not be missed.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#23 May 22, 2013
Problem with lefties is they have no concept of individualism......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#24 May 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Paul seen acting like a clown again (or a dumb alpaca)... says Congress ought to be ashamed for harassing and targeting Apple over their tax dodging. Says Apple is an 'American' success story and should be left alone. Apple has 135 billion in cash assets but over 100 billion of it is off-shore and therefore excluded from U.S. taxation.
With an american-based, multi-national....there should actually be a base amount commensurate wih total earnings, plus a percentage based on U.S. sales totals.....or something....lol....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#25 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!!!
From post # 12 from you "What you will get is insults and finger-pointing"
I post your very words that mirror the EXACT thing you mention that you are guilty of and you post the above.
Projection, failed, faulty and full of holes, but never the less, Projection.
Your concession is noted and your annoying presence will not be missed.
Remember Detroit and how the people were lining up for "Obama's Stash"? Really? These people need to be helped but also learn from their mistakes........ So what do you use for the quarter mile shot......

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#26 May 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
PS...and you still have not answered my original questions that I started this thread with.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#27 May 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>With an american-based, multi-national....there should actually be a base amount commensurate wih total earnings, plus a percentage based on U.S. sales totals.....or something....lol....
Not your money....
Really

Holland, MI

#28 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm mistaken or maybe you forgot...Obama HAS been calling for plenty of tax reform.
I believe I remember you defending the tax laws and not wanting taxes for corporations and the rich to be raised or changed.
Am I missing something here? You admit that what Apple is doing is wrong and unethical but yet oppose Obama's efforts to change that.
I think you are confused. The only change that Obama has been attempting to institute is to increase taxes on the "rich". All I have ever asked is who are the "rich"? No one, and I mean NO ONE has defined "rich" and so, NO, Obama should not have carte blanche to raise taxes on everyone in this country so he has more money to piss away on foreign aide while ignoring the problems in this country. And I said that I disagree with what Apple did, but what they did is NOT ILLEGAL under the current tax laws. What part of that doesn't anyone understand????? Teddy Kennedy himself offshored his assets to avoid taxation. I certainly didn't see a whole lot of crying over that, only the businesses that do it. More of the "do as I say, not as I do" world the progressives wish we had. I didn't follow it while younger and I am certainly not going to follow it now.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#29 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
I wonder who enabled them to get away with this??
How many more big companies are doing this??
We have the best government money can buy!!!
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/20/technology/ap...
And if our government makes a few more under-the-counter deals they would actually be willing to pay more taxes...cough cough.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2013/05/20...
I don't own one single Apple product and I'm even more determined to never do so in the future.
Rand Paul told congress they should apologize to Apple for asking them to pay their taxes.
Rand Paul perfect republican who only loves the wealthy, and hates the rest of America.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#30 May 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>With an american-based, multi-national....there should actually be a base amount commensurate wih total earnings, plus a percentage based on U.S. sales totals.....or something....lol....
The fact is Apple is just one example. There are probably at least two dozen other big Corp.(probably even more) doing the same thing. So you have to ask yourself why this is the case, even after O has made proposals to correct this obvious problem in the tax code. Answer: Just look at which party controls the House. Then go to open secrets and check out where all the money is coming from and going to. There's your answer. END OF STORY!

o, the other thing here is the trailer trash on here won't understand this., but thanks for the try.
Really

Holland, MI

#31 May 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Good! Are you including your Senators and Congressmen in that law? Because a huge hero of the progressives offshored his funds as well. You might remember Teddy Kennedy? I didn't see a whole lot of whining and complaining when he did it but let a business use the tax code to their benefit and they are "greedy". Got it.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#32 May 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I can already hear the screaming all the way from oneal's house to the 4th Street Lobby Row in D.C.
Thank goodness I turn North at North Capitol and don't have to drive right in front of the screaming.
God forbid we tax the corporations and the people who get filthy rich from the practices Apple and other companies devulge in whilst protected by "tax laws" that some defend even though there are negative results and the corporations and people they defend could care less about them.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#33 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are confused. The only change that Obama has been attempting to institute is to increase taxes on the "rich". All I have ever asked is who are the "rich"? No one, and I mean NO ONE has defined "rich" and so, NO, Obama should not have carte blanche to raise taxes on everyone in this country so he has more money to piss away on foreign aide while ignoring the problems in this country. And I said that I disagree with what Apple did, but what they did is NOT ILLEGAL under the current tax laws. What part of that doesn't anyone understand????? Teddy Kennedy himself offshored his assets to avoid taxation. I certainly didn't see a whole lot of crying over that, only the businesses that do it. More of the "do as I say, not as I do" world the progressives wish we had. I didn't follow it while younger and I am certainly not going to follow it now.
I didn't need to read any more than the first line...

Just how did those people get rich??
Really

Holland, MI

#34 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I can already hear the screaming all the way from oneal's house to the 4th Street Lobby Row in D.C.
Thank goodness I turn North at North Capitol and don't have to drive right in front of the screaming.
God forbid we tax the corporations and the people who get filthy rich from the practices Apple and other companies devulge in whilst protected by "tax laws" that some defend even though there are negative results and the corporations and people they defend could care less about them.
And the people you defend care even less about you, which you don't seem to understand either. Guess we are all screwed, eh?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#35 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
PS...and you still have not answered my original questions that I started this thread with.
Good luck with that. I even gave him the stage with his very own thread about Obamacare, a topic he prides himself in knowing all about, but he ignored it pouting apparently, then left in absentia, only to return as an even greater expert in world issues and politics. That's Dr. Dread for you.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#36 May 22, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Remember Detroit and how the people were lining up for "Obama's Stash"? Really? These people need to be helped but also learn from their mistakes........ So what do you use for the quarter mile shot......
I'd probably try the old .22 first depending on the size of the target.
If the .22 wasn't enough I'd go to the Mosin Nagant.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#37 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And the people you defend care even less about you, which you don't seem to understand either. Guess we are all screwed, eh?
Odd...but I am defending no one. I was only pointing out that the attempts by Obama to change tax laws are running into a brick wall.

That's not a "defense", it's reality...

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#38 May 22, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Remember Detroit and how the people were lining up for "Obama's Stash"? Really? These people need to be helped but also learn from their mistakes........ So what do you use for the quarter mile shot......
Forgot to ask...how's the fishing??
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#39 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't need to read any more than the first line...
Just how did those people get rich??
Its easy. The rich are the tax cheats. Just ask anyone in the tax business, including the IRS, and they will tell you the vast majority of audits are on people with incomes of $1 million or more. Its "Really" very simple. You wouldn't understand that though would you?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#40 May 22, 2013
oops sorry that was meant to quote "Really" ... Sandy was asking who are the Rich?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 9 min Buffalo Bull 1,329
Meet The Press 23 min Really 5
Van Buren County makes changeover to video cour... 10 hr Anon 1
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 15 hr Oneal 15
Movie Theater Demolished 15 hr Oneal 14
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 21 hr JimGR 937
A long-time cafe in the East Hills are may close Sun Dominic 1
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000