Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#1 May 21, 2013
I wonder who enabled them to get away with this??
How many more big companies are doing this??
We have the best government money can buy!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/20/technology/ap...

And if our government makes a few more under-the-counter deals they would actually be willing to pay more taxes...cough cough.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2013/05/20...

I don't own one single Apple product and I'm even more determined to never do so in the future.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#2 May 21, 2013
This is tax cheating and stealing at its finest. Hey Bitch boi where's your outrage? Show us how phoney you are again.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 May 21, 2013
[...The senators did not weigh in on the legality of Apple's tactics...]

That's because no tax laws were broken.

Liberals defended the IRS's targeting of Tea Party groups, claiming they broke no laws. So why now are you upset when a company takes LEGAL advantage of current tax laws?

Double-standards much? Political agenda perhaps?

Either way, you two hypocrites are more than welcome to march your angry butts down to President Utopian Economy and ask him why instead of playing golf in the rain he hasn't put some work into revising the tax laws that allow for companies like Apple to take their business overseas and get tax breaks, taking valuable revenue from the American people.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#4 May 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
[...The senators did not weigh in on the legality of Apple's tactics...]
That's because no tax laws were broken.
Liberals defended the IRS's targeting of Tea Party groups, claiming they broke no laws. So why now are you upset when a company takes LEGAL advantage of current tax laws?
Double-standards much? Political agenda perhaps?
Either way, you two hypocrites are more than welcome to march your angry butts down to President Utopian Economy and ask him why instead of playing golf in the rain he hasn't put some work into revising the tax laws that allow for companies like Apple to take their business overseas and get tax breaks, taking valuable revenue from the American people.
I'm not a "liberal" who defended the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups so I have no idea what you are talking about...other than you are just babbling more hate of anyone who isn't of the same political bullsh1t mindset that you are.

Apparently you approve of these offshore tactics.
Unbelieveable how ignorant fools will defend the practices of big business after they have stuffed the pockets of the politicians...no matter what party...

I am truely stunned at your response...not surprised however.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 May 21, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a "liberal" who defended the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups so I have no idea what you are talking about...other than you are just babbling more hate of anyone who isn't of the same political bullsh1t mindset that you are.
Apparently you approve of these offshore tactics.
Unbelieveable how ignorant fools will defend the practices of big business after they have stuffed the pockets of the politicians...no matter what party...
I am truely stunned at your response...not surprised however.
If you haven't accepted your mind-numbing liberal tendencies by now it's no shock to me that you'd completely misconstrue my post into acceptance of offshore tactics. You should be stunned by your own lack of reading comprehension, Mr Wiggley.

I repeat, instead of whining about it on some obscure Topix site why don't you go ask our current president why he hasn't made tax reform his latest "focus like a laser" hollow promise. If he's such an effective president I'm just sure he'll cancel his next foursome and jump right on it.

After all, didn't you liberals elect Obama to solve problems such as tax reform? Maybe it's about time you morons actually started demanding your president do something remotely presidential.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#6 May 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you haven't accepted your mind-numbing liberal tendencies by now it's no shock to me that you'd completely misconstrue my post into acceptance of offshore tactics. You should be stunned by your own lack of reading comprehension, Mr Wiggley.
I repeat, instead of whining about it on some obscure Topix site why don't you go ask our current president why he hasn't made tax reform his latest "focus like a laser" hollow promise. If he's such an effective president I'm just sure he'll cancel his next foursome and jump right on it.
After all, didn't you liberals elect Obama to solve problems such as tax reform? Maybe it's about time you morons actually started demanding your president do something remotely presidential.
I just love how you can only feel comfortable assigning me a political party and it's nickname.

Do you have any other false visions or strawmen you would like to present??

Interesting how you say they have broken no laws (or ethics) and want Obama to pursue "tax reform" and yet don't want to stop the practice of keeping money offshore to avoid taxes.

You are either the owner of a large company with offshore assets (unlikely) or very wealthy with offshore assets (unlikely) or just really really stupid (likely).

PS...I am in no way affiliated with any political party...I have made that clear in the past and am doing so for your forgetfull benefit once again.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 May 21, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love how you can only feel comfortable assigning me a political party and it's nickname.
Do you have any other false visions or strawmen you would like to present??
Interesting how you say they have broken no laws (or ethics) and want Obama to pursue "tax reform" and yet don't want to stop the practice of keeping money offshore to avoid taxes.
You are either the owner of a large company with offshore assets (unlikely) or very wealthy with offshore assets (unlikely) or just really really stupid (likely).
PS...I am in no way affiliated with any political party...I have made that clear in the past and am doing so for your forgetfull benefit once again.
I never used the word "ethics", so unless you want to accurately be accused of hypocrisy again you'll retract that. I doubt you will have the decency to do so.

As for you liberal status, when you can post a comment that doesn't sound like a slightly smarter version of that idiot 'pipedream' I'll reconsider. But I challenge anyone to read your posts and not come to the conclusion that you're as liberal as the "Obama Stash" dolt, whether you admit it or not.
Personally, it means so little to me that I don't care what you call yourself.

Lastly, please show where anything I wrote constitutes an approval of keeping money offshore to avoid taxes. I'll help you out. I didn't. I simply accurately pointed out that Apple broke no laws, and if you have a problem with what Apple did you should demand the current president use his time in office to offer a tax reform proposal instead of honing his putting skills.

Under the circumstances, unless you think playing another round of Mr Squirmy like you did avoiding answering my question on the legalization of recreational marijuana is going to solve the tax reform issue, I think I've offered you and your liberal pal a suitable alternative to whining on Topix.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#8 May 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
I never used the word "ethics", so unless you want to accurately be accused of hypocrisy again you'll retract that. I doubt you will have the decency to do so.
As for you liberal status, when you can post a comment that doesn't sound like a slightly smarter version of that idiot 'pipedream' I'll reconsider. But I challenge anyone to read your posts and not come to the conclusion that you're as liberal as the "Obama Stash" dolt, whether you admit it or not.
Personally, it means so little to me that I don't care what you call yourself.
Lastly, please show where anything I wrote constitutes an approval of keeping money offshore to avoid taxes. I'll help you out. I didn't. I simply accurately pointed out that Apple broke no laws, and if you have a problem with what Apple did you should demand the current president use his time in office to offer a tax reform proposal instead of honing his putting skills.
Under the circumstances, unless you think playing another round of Mr Squirmy like you did avoiding answering my question on the legalization of recreational marijuana is going to solve the tax reform issue, I think I've offered you and your liberal pal a suitable alternative to whining on Topix.
You said no laws were broken...not me...
Are you sure of that genius??
And if there were no laws broken, who enabled that genius??
Again, you realize I am right so you bring up another topic from another thread to try to bolster your point. Actually, I consider that a compliment...I don't use that against you but you, because of your weak nature, need to do so because you are...weak...haha.
Actually oneal, you are really weak and it's obvious.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#9 May 21, 2013
pipedream wrote:
This is tax cheating and stealing at its finest. Hey Bitch boi where's your outrage? Show us how phoney you are again.
No cheating here as they are a multi-national and do business all over the world...... They invest their resources where they deem important for the growth and health of their house....... Why give it to a particular govt to waste..... Rand Paul was right......
Really

Holland, MI

#10 May 21, 2013
Apparently to the progressives, it's cheating when one follows the tax laws as currently written. One question: If it is so all fired important, why are you not hounding the current administration to change the tax laws? I don't agree with what Apple did, but they broke no law, they merely used the law as written. Funny how the Dems and progressives don't care about changing the tax code OR doing away with it entirely until business does something that gets their undies in a bunch. They certainly didn't care when the Obama administration flunkies indeed cheated and didn't pay the taxes they actually owed.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 May 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You said no laws were broken...not me...
Are you sure of that genius??
And if there were no laws broken, who enabled that genius??
Again, you realize I am right so you bring up another topic from another thread to try to bolster your point. Actually, I consider that a compliment...I don't use that against you but you, because of your weak nature, need to do so because you are...weak...haha.
Actually oneal, you are really weak and it's obvious.
What laws were broken.

If laws were broken then Apple deserves to be prosecuted. Even if no laws were broken, who is sitting in the Oval Office and can make half of his Hope & Change promise happen?

You can cling to your ignorant insults all you want. We've once again reached a single question that you refuse to answer.

One of us is standing by their statement AGAIN, and the other is playing Mr Squirmy AGAIN. You sure about who's weak and obvious?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
Apparently to the progressives, it's cheating when one follows the tax laws as currently written. One question: If it is so all fired important, why are you not hounding the current administration to change the tax laws? I don't agree with what Apple did, but they broke no law, they merely used the law as written. Funny how the Dems and progressives don't care about changing the tax code OR doing away with it entirely until business does something that gets their undies in a bunch. They certainly didn't care when the Obama administration flunkies indeed cheated and didn't pay the taxes they actually owed.
You won't get an answer to your question any more than I will to mine, Really. The proof of who is weak and obvious is in the posts for all to see.

What you will get is insults and finger-pointing. Considering the reality that Obama has every opportunity to make tax reform proposals yet doesn't - instead just demonizes business for breaking no laws - finger-pointing and insults seem to be all this lame duck progressive Golfer-In-Chief has at this point. Evidently his dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers fans can only follow suit.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#13 May 22, 2013
Paul seen acting like a clown again (or a dumb alpaca) ... says Congress ought to be ashamed for harassing and targeting Apple over their tax dodging. Says Apple is an 'American' success story and should be left alone. Apple has 135 billion in cash assets but over 100 billion of it is off-shore and therefore excluded from U.S. taxation.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#14 May 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
What laws were broken.
If laws were broken then Apple deserves to be prosecuted. Even if no laws were broken, who is sitting in the Oval Office and can make half of his Hope & Change promise happen?
You can cling to your ignorant insults all you want. We've once again reached a single question that you refuse to answer.
One of us is standing by their statement AGAIN, and the other is playing Mr Squirmy AGAIN. You sure about who's weak and obvious?
Odd, I asked 2 questions to start this thread. You have not answered either of them. You re-directed the conversation to what YOU wanted to talk about and then bitch like a little baby because I have not answered your questions which are non-starters in the first place.
Now I suppose I have to go back to the initial post and repost the questions you have not answered...sheeeesh.
Grow up and take off the "I hate anybody who dares to disagree" glasses.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#15 May 22, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't get an answer to your question any more than I will to mine, Really. The proof of who is weak and obvious is in the posts for all to see.
What you will get is insults and finger-pointing. Considering the reality that Obama has every opportunity to make tax reform proposals yet doesn't - instead just demonizes business for breaking no laws - finger-pointing and insults seem to be all this lame duck progressive Golfer-In-Chief has at this point. Evidently his dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers fans can only follow suit.
Insults...
From post # 3 "you two hypocrites"
From post # 5 "mind-numbing liberal tendencies"
From post # 5 "you morons"

You can't post anything without having to try, yes I said try, to be demeaning and insulting. Maybe you ought to take a look in the mirror.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#16 May 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Paul seen acting like a clown again (or a dumb alpaca)... says Congress ought to be ashamed for harassing and targeting Apple over their tax dodging. Says Apple is an 'American' success story and should be left alone. Apple has 135 billion in cash assets but over 100 billion of it is off-shore and therefore excluded from U.S. taxation.
Says the idiot who does not pay income taxes and gets EITC every year...... Here is something to think about... It is not your money! You didn't EARN it leach.....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#17 May 22, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Says the idiot who does not pay income taxes and gets EITC every year...... Here is something to think about... It is not your money! You didn't EARN it leach.....
Just where do you get your information and how do you know all of this about me, dip-shit because I'm none of these. Is it just your normal angry, jealous LYING white trash talk coming out? It must be because you don't seem to have a whole lot else going on. In any case, no need to answer that because whatever comes out of your keyboard will be another lie or more crazy talk. You're about as phoney baloney as they come. You're like a stuck broken record. Will somebody bump the phonograph?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#18 May 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Just where do you get your information and how do you know all of this about me, dip-shit because I'm none of these. Is it just your normal angry, jealous LYING white trash talk coming out? It must be because you don't seem to have a whole lot else going on. In any case, no need to answer that because whatever comes out of your keyboard will be another lie or more crazy talk. You're about as phoney baloney as they come. You're like a stuck broken record. Will somebody bump the phonograph?
Silly little man, your boy friend has the nickname of tricks for a reason...... You haven't explain why we should redistribute wealth in this Country..... Now go clean your anal pearls......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Portage, MI

#19 May 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and I forgot the EBT and Bridge Card abuse that you do...... Do you sell your boy friend for credit on these......

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#20 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
Maybe I'm mistaken or maybe you forgot...Obama HAS been calling for plenty of tax reform.
I believe I remember you defending the tax laws and not wanting taxes for corporations and the rich to be raised or changed.
Am I missing something here? You admit that what Apple is doing is wrong and unethical but yet oppose Obama's efforts to change that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 4 hr Really 58
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 6 hr Buffalo Bull 1,482
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 8 hr Really 20
most ludicrious car commercial 9 hr bobolinq 1
happy wife . . . 10 hr bobolinq 1
sony balony 15 hr Idea Maker 6
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 19 hr Who 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids