College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of1,228
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
With Baylor's schedule, I'm pretty sure that their shot at being in the top 10 after the next three weeks is going to be sorely tested.
Baylor will be tested , when the played Kansas State they had difficulty and show impatient and immature play getting frustrated at a slower paced game. But they do have the ability to ring up 50 on anyone.
Oregon just might be in the Championship game .
Either way defense is a swear word this year

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats on the Bill's win.....for me the jury is still out on Tannehill....two steps forward and one step back.....Sorry, i haven't been on here lately, but i got sick as hell early Sunday morning...haven't hurled that hard, since i drank too much....lol...hopefully i am improving, as i ate half a banana...lol...
Tannehill is like almost any other inexperienced QB. There is a learning process, I will concede that Tannehill has the physical tools. From watching him he has some trouble when he has to think, it's rare when you see a QB at his best early in his career.
I can sympathize on your state...These old bodies don't recover as quick as they used to.
I do enjoy these exchanges. I wonder if the TEA's were here would I be a communist for saying If Baylor and Oregon play both teams might score 60+.... lol...There is a higher quality, and far more civility...It is pleasant.
Take care ...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Anyone in Florida, that is even partially a Dolphin fan, hates Sabin for how he treated everyone down here....I would love to see Oregon just knock the crap outta Alabama in the National Championship game....If not Oregon, then Florida State.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Sabin comes off as a self-centered putz. I find him to be annoying. But...you can't argue with what he has don't down there. His run of success with Alabama teams rank up there with with Oklahoma under Wilkinson.....USC under Robinson and Notre Damn under either Rockne or Parsigian. lets not forget Army under Red Blake .
So giving the devil his due and thanking him for preventing a Notre Damn national championship....
Way back when the Sabers hired Scotty Bowman and we all thought he brought the Stanley Cup in his luggage...He isn't personable . a control freak who as president of the club and had hired... Scotty Bowman to coach and be GM. He traded old favorites for draft picks , some flops and we ended up with a slightly worse team..the problem was Bowman stayed for years. Firing coaches on whims...Re-hiring Scotty Bowman who would get sick of it and hire someone else....
Bowman probably has more Rings than fingers..But no one for the Sabers. He treated the fans poorly and ran the team in to the dirt...Ironically he still live here.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Buffalo is a one point favored @ Kent State this Saturday.
Kent was 11-3 last year. This year 2-6 , but they had a series of injuries , guys who are now healthy and they played @ LSU @ Penn st. and @ N.Illinois. Pretty tough slate So it should be a good game.
Having a busy week with 'real stuff'.
I have two partners who have a life time of experience, life long friend and his brother.
So we have a pool. and my pick is playing out well.
So maybe me and the Mrs. could go to Denny's again...
Or cut loose and go to Olive Garden

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

LOL...Go for it.....Just splurged on $5.99 a lb. T-Bones for this weekend....everybody get's some, as the dogs cherish those bones.....I'm looking forward to UCLA at Oregon....and repotting plants...lol...Sabin is a great coach, he just shit all over the Dolphin fans.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Good luck with UCLA keeping up with Oregon. Unless Hundley has an unbelievable day, even then i think that the Bruin defense doesn't stand a prayer.You'll need at least a few stops. Oregon most likely will be in the championship, v. Alabama, maybe.
The game tonight Boise v. BYU could be pretty good
We have a collie/Shepard mix.
And three cats, the dog is neurotic, go figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Florida State has some monstrous linemen.....they may be physically capable of beating on the Tide.....I still have a fear that Oregon in the big one, might be more novelty, than reality....lol....they are fun to watch, tho......I've a big weekend too, as this is annual PBR Championships in Las Vegas...Bullriding is a secret passion for us....i was the kind of kid, that thought he was more badass than really was....lol....i woulda tried this sh*t.....lol....Like George Plimpton's book....in my prime, i thought i might go one round, with Roberto Duran.....and tell the tale...lol...coincidence as your collie mix and our shelty mix, likely share some characteristics.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Florida State could be a good match up
Have the same feeling about Oregon. i think it come from the northeastern wisdom that says in December or January and it's windy and 3 degrees below zero those fancy passing teams always fold. Or so,us old guys like to think
But defense and running game are important and that is were Oregon lacks
Rick is the dog, the jumpiest dog i have ever seen. He was a little more stable when we had Lucy a Doberman that passes on a year or two ago. Now he hangs out with Isis one of the cats i believe that he thinks he is now a cat.
That 'i am a bad ass' thing had infected me as well. That was played out in hockey rinks, not with live animals unless you count those farm boys from Simcoe that I had mentioned before. Bull riding is a step beyond that. As far as a round with Duran. I knew a guy who fought and mostly lost, as a middleweight about 165 lbs. I played hockey at 190. I was dumb enough to spar with him once...I have doubt that you would have survived a round with Duran, if he didn't want you to

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Duran was the best i ever saw, other than Ali.....Duran was a world champ at like 17....he used to win fights, just glaring across the ring....lol...black eyes....he won like belts in 6 weight class's....Sugar Ray was lucky to catch him so late....Most boxers stay too long.....Hey, have you seen how well Patrick Roy is doing, coaching at Colorado?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

I have always been a fan of Roy, great goalie. We got treated to the best goalie, dare i say of all time Dominik Hasek. Hasek dragged poor Sabers teams on his back deep in to the playoffs, winning MVPs .
I agree about Duran and Ali with Ali i am in awe of what he did in that Norton fight, go the distance after getting his jaw broke in the first round... so how about that 'bad ass thing we both used to think we had.
BYU is beating up on Boise.
How do you think Ohio State would do with Alabama
Would'nt it be nice to use another team as the measure...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

You know, i do recall many fights where we thought Ali lost, and the semi-contraversial decisions, made boxing seem corrupt....We learned the term, "You have to really beat the Champion"....lol....Also, i would alway's hope ANYONE beats OSU.....I used to respect Urban Meyer, until i found out that at Florida.....Aaron Hernandez failed 4 drug tests, yet never missed one game.....perfect for OSU.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Even if it's the Buckeyes...Enough of the Tide
Urban Meyer is not my favorite either. Back when he was at Bowling Green he came off as very cut throat, then Utah was a stepping stone, that crack up at Florida was confirmation. there is dome thing creepy about the grin\grimace\smirk that he talks through. I have him figured as a mix of Ron Meyer (SMU\cheater) and Mike Keenan (NHL\ice hole)
One of Keenan's teams , pretty sure it was the Rangers, gave him the nickname 'Hitler'...
Late in his career Ali did get some sympathy decisions...
How ever you can't argue with , Norton, Manila or What he did to Foreman.
An hour before kick off..actually have a small dose of butterflies...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

I just walked away from both the FSU and Bama games....i get tired of the asskickings that are too common.....Miami's game was kinda close...though i root for them, they are a soft #7 rank.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

41-21 I don't think i ever will get tired of these ass kickings. 6 game winning streak the longest since 1959 when the beat Marshall, Rhode Island And Gettysburg.
mack had a decent day a couple tackles for loss, drew a holding, an intentional grounding an interception caused by hitting the QB, and a sick leaping reachings back one handed pick, with a 40 yard return.
have South Carolina and missouri on may catch some of the Sabers
Bills have the Saints tomorrow, that most likely wont be good

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

UCLA - Oregon was good for 3 quarters....ended up watching PBR, the bulls are so badass, good at the finals....only 4 cowboy's made it to 8 seconds, by the time i fell asleep....BTW, they show that live from Las Vegas, 9-12 EST....wonder, how many farmers and ranchers can stay awake, up till midnight? Wish they replayed that in the next morning....just saying....guessing about their demographic and all.....
fightfan

Glenmont, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Ohio State has the best O-line in CFB. No debate. They have a championship caliber offense. The defense which has been its overwhelmingly strong point seems weak. Last night it looked great.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

on the demographics for bullriding, your right as far as eastern ranchers goes... however 9-12 EST is 7-10 pm in a good portion of cow country. Alberta ...Dakotas. Idaho...when I hear bull riding those are the hot spots or so I think.
Them guys are freakin nuts. Imagine I thought I was bad ass for having dropped 'em ( and regretted it) with those canadian farm boys...those Bulls are twice as mean as the farm boys who raised them and there are no linesmen to break it up when your getting mangled...
UCLA gave Oregon a harder time than I thought they would...No one out west can compete..Stanford is a step slower...
Seen some of Baylor - Kansas
If you hate defense hope for Baylor - Oregon ..I could see a five hour 87-84 thriller....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Ohio State does'nt play enough top teams to get to the big game....especially not if Alabama, Oregon and FSU stay unbeaten.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

fightfan wrote:
Ohio State has the best O-line in CFB. No debate. They have a championship caliber offense. The defense which has been its overwhelmingly strong point seems weak. Last night it looked great.
Ohio state has one of the best O-lines in CFB (Wisconsin or Alabama?)...but I don't think there is enough team speed to compete against Oregon and Alabama maybe a little better all around.
Too bad the playoffs aren't this year..
Alabama v. Baylor....Ohio state v. Oregon..perhaps
At the start of the year my guys played Ohio State and Baylor back to back, there is another gear Baylor and Oregon have that I don't believe the Buckeyes can match.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of1,228
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 10 min pipedream 430
Local News Women (Apr '09) Sat I Think 2,286
social networking - your drug of choice Sat bobolinq 1
Obama Escaped D.C. To Shoot Pool And Drink Beer... Fri Dr X 8
Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin sentenced to 10... Fri Heraldo 3
Obama gives ICE agents in Murrieta stand down o... Jul 9 Dr X 3
How Putin outmaneuvered the US in resupplying t... Jul 9 Rob 1
•••
•••