Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#147 Oct 16, 2013
I think Hershel was alot bigger in girth, than Ricky....Hershal did outrageous sit-uops and pushups growing up, he worked with heavy tires and was more country strong....i played football with a kid like that, looked like Atlas but never lifted a weight, even grew up on baked bean sandwiches....you can get really strong, without weights......About Ricky, yeah i don't think pot helped at all, but it would help keep weight....if i am not wrong, the NBA Player's Union does'nt allow testing for marijuana.....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#148 Oct 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I think Hershel was alot bigger in girth, than Ricky....Hershal did outrageous sit-uops and pushups growing up, he worked with heavy tires and was more country strong....i played football with a kid like that, looked like Atlas but never lifted a weight, even grew up on baked bean sandwiches....you can get really strong, without weights......About Ricky, yeah i don't think pot helped at all, but it would help keep weight....if i am not wrong, the NBA Player's Union does'nt allow testing for marijuana.....
You are right about 'country strong' that applies to Canadians too. We had a traveling team a local all-star team and we entered tournaments up north, we played a team of farm boys from Simco a couple guys they had were beasts....manhandled and mauled me. Their workouts were working the farm and playing the game.
You also may be right about the NBA.
Got a funny story for you.
The wife has a new used car ...I called the insurance guy he stopped by today to rework my policy. The wife comes home from work parks on the street, the insurance man is in the driveway.
Guess what he did pulling out of the drive way...He only left a small indentation...no damage worth talking about on a 6 year old car. But that was f*ckin' funny. The insurance man writes you a policy and smacks the car five minutes later...still lol

Location hidden

#149 Oct 17, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about 'country strong' that applies to Canadians too. We had a traveling team a local all-star team and we entered tournaments up north, we played a team of farm boys from Simco a couple guys they had were beasts....manhandled and mauled me. Their workouts were working the farm and playing the game.
You also may be right about the NBA.
Got a funny story for you.
The wife has a new used car ...I called the insurance guy he stopped by today to rework my policy. The wife comes home from work parks on the street, the insurance man is in the driveway.
Guess what he did pulling out of the drive way...He only left a small indentation...no damage worth talking about on a 6 year old car. But that was f*ckin' funny. The insurance man writes you a policy and smacks the car five minutes later...still lol
How ironic, eh?....Bet he was very embarrassed ? My wife would likely been pissed...lol...I recall from hockey, how strong some Canadian players were, even a bit thick....lol....Sorry if i root for the Fins this Sunday....The more Tannehill scores, the more they show his hitty wife in the stands....lol....Seahawks-Card inals should be interesting tonight....also i believe the U is at North Carolina on ESPN........

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#150 Oct 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> How ironic, eh?....Bet he was very embarrassed ? My wife would likely been pissed...lol...I recall from hockey, how strong some Canadian players were, even a bit thick....lol....Sorry if i root for the Fins this Sunday....The more Tannehill scores, the more they show his hitty wife in the stands....lol....Seahawks-Card inals should be interesting tonight....also i believe the U is at North Carolina on ESPN........
Oh he was so embarrassed. He probably would have like to be able to disappear. The wife couldn't complain it was basically given to her. and it had a couple of...errr... imperfections...so when she saw there was now new damage to speak of was laffing so hard 'things' jiggled... lol
Well I hope the only reason they show Mrs. Tannehill is after each of Ryan's 6 interceptions...
Miami and N. Carolina is a neat match up...but Sabers are scheduled to lose to Vancouver tonight so I might as well amuse my self with that.

Location hidden

#151 Oct 17, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he was so embarrassed. He probably would have like to be able to disappear. The wife couldn't complain it was basically given to her. and it had a couple of...errr... imperfections...so when she saw there was now new damage to speak of was laffing so hard 'things' jiggled... lol
Well I hope the only reason they show Mrs. Tannehill is after each of Ryan's 6 interceptions...
Miami and N. Carolina is a neat match up...but Sabers are scheduled to lose to Vancouver tonight so I might as well amuse my self with that.
I won't even watch the Vancouver team, if the Sedin brothers are still there.....i was furious in the finals when they refused to stand up for themselves and teamates....they would'nt fight back, while the Bruin was slapping him in the face....NO WONDER, they rioted in Vancouver....it was outta Shame......We have, Zero Dark Thirty on the cable, but the wife thinks there might be too much torture....Welcome to my world...lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#152 Oct 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I won't even watch the Vancouver team, if the Sedin brothers are still there.....i was furious in the finals when they refused to stand up for themselves and teamates....they would'nt fight back, while the Bruin was slapping him in the face....NO WONDER, they rioted in Vancouver....it was outta Shame......We have, Zero Dark Thirty on the cable, but the wife thinks there might be too much torture....Welcome to my world...lol....
Tell her from me..It all depends upon who is getting tortured..
Pop up some pop corn and chill a couple of root beers...make a night of it if Cruz and Boehner are to be water boarded. I would record that to play when ever i needed a good laugh.
Hockey is a mans game and the Sedins are gentlemen...i would look forward to playing against scoring lines like theirs...a gratuitous act and they get smaller... then they send that 240 lb farm boy from Simco out to toss you around... all part of the charm of the game

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#153 Oct 18, 2013
a nice write up about my man Khalil Mack
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/mack-makes-...

currently here is one sack shy of the UB record
two forced fumbles away from NCAA record
Eleven tackles for loss away from NCAA record
Both CBS sports.com and USA today have them on their mid season first team all-american teams....I can't say enough about this kid...he could have jumped to the NFL last year..he wanted his degree and said he felt he owed the University and his teammates a debt and playing his senior year is the way to pay that debt....
Did you see the end of Miami v. North Carolina, tough loss for N.C.

Location hidden

#154 Oct 18, 2013
University of Miami has it's usual cast of super talented, yet undisciplined players....after that game, they are lucky to be undefeated....Cool uniforms on NC...I've alway's liked their team colors....I mostly watched the Seahawks game....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#155 Oct 19, 2013
Missouri has to be your favorite team this week, beating Texas A&M
Tennessee beating South Carolina....what do you think of Clowney , if you had an NFL team would you use a 1st and give him a big pile of $$$
Vanderbilt beats Georgia...upset saturday

Buffalo 32-3 over UMass. Mack had a interception...returned for six. a sack a handful of hurries. a pass defended
Rained hard all game up from 1998-2010 i may have missed a couple of games . Rain, or snow ...now i am a weather wimp...besides it was on TV
FSU and Clemson on the tube a frosty IBC and the butt end of a victory cigar...I do love Saturdays in the fall

Location hidden

#156 Oct 20, 2013
Watched Michigan's incredible scoring offense againest Indiana 63-47....score look's more like Final Four.....I think Jamias Winston of FSU, should be the frontrunner for the Heisman.....We don't go to games anymore, either....HDTV and cables choices have changed all that....Last thing we went to was PBR bull riding....Congrats on Buffalo, at least one team from there will have a win, this weekend...lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#157 Oct 20, 2013
rrection and embarassment.....
I got my Tigers mixed up
Was thinking about Missouri being in 1st place in their division and about Auburn v. Teexas A&M.... OPPPPS

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#158 Oct 20, 2013
We stopped going to pro games years ago ..I no longer drink and The Ralph is a notorious NFL stadium as far as fan behaviour goes. Fights are the easier part to overlook ...twice people have been arrested for having sex in the stadium during games....serious stupidity. Buffalo fans are only one step above Philadelhia fans in terms of rudeness and belligerent behaviour.
UB stadium serves no beer so few drunks...The only other crowded place i go is to a concert or two every year. The wife and I like the Allman Brothers and the bands the allman brothers guitar players have on the side. So if they come to town, i wont miss. Was a Grateful Dead fan as well.

Location hidden

#159 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, over the years i have went to many Jets-Dolphins games and there were fights everywhere.....we also stopped going because i was a smoker, and did'nt wanna wait 2-3 hours between cigarettes.....plus we now live two counties away from most stuff.....It's okay, i could'nt recall the team either, and i watched part of that game....Texas A&M vs. Missouri should be quite a game, eh?....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#160 Oct 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, over the years i have went to many Jets-Dolphins games and there were fights everywhere.....we also stopped going because i was a smoker, and did'nt wanna wait 2-3 hours between cigarettes.....plus we now live two counties away from most stuff.....It's okay, i could'nt recall the team either, and i watched part of that game....Texas A&M vs. Missouri should be quite a game, eh?....
One of those AARP member moments...the wife says i have more and more...i thinks shes wrong...I can't recall having them...lol
I was the same way about smoking...I quit cigarettes a few years back..found that i missed it so much ...like now with coffee..so i smoke a cigar a day. one high quality cigar costs less than a pack of smokes...and you can't inhale ...much... and no nicotine fits if i can't puff for a few hours..
The best parts of the UB program is 10 minute drive seldom is the traffic an issue...reasonable price...no drunks...on the down side we have had issues with some of their policies involving access for handicapped ticket holders, it's a pet issue our son has CP and they have limited convenient parking and they do not police it...you wanna get me mad take a handicapped parking spot if your healthy i went to the trouble of having look alike tickets made up with the tag..'Do you wish you are handicapped' and ' you mother raised you better than this'....
we all have got peeves..
Enjoy the game today ..not too much..lol
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#161 Oct 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Watched Michigan's incredible scoring offense againest Indiana 63-47....score look's more like Final Four.....I think Jamias Winston of FSU, should be the frontrunner for the Heisman.....We don't go to games anymore, either....HDTV and cables choices have changed all that....Last thing we went to was PBR bull riding....Congrats on Buffalo, at least one team from there will have a win, this weekend...lol....
I'm afraid your Wolverine offense looked so good due to the fact that the Hoosiers haven't got any kind of defense.

Speaking of a lack of defense......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#162 Oct 20, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid your Wolverine offense looked so good due to the fact that the Hoosiers haven't got any kind of defense.
Speaking of a lack of defense....

A National championship game of Oregon v. Baylor...the over\under would be about 150

Location hidden

#163 Oct 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, i don't think this is close to one of Michigan's really good teams, but i also think this Indiana team, is much better than their past teams.....Michigan's Qb has all the tools and speed, just still young and inconsistent....

Location hidden

#164 Oct 21, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
A National championship game of Oregon v. Baylor...the over\under would be about 150
Congrats on the Bill's win.....for me the jury is still out on Tannehill....two steps forward and one step back.....Sorry, i haven't been on here lately, but i got sick as hell early Sunday morning...haven't hurled that hard, since i drank too much....lol...hopefully i am improving, as i ate half a banana...lol...
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#165 Oct 21, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
With Baylor's schedule, I'm pretty sure that their shot at being in the top 10 after the next three weeks is going to be sorely tested.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#166 Oct 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, i don't think this is close to one of Michigan's really good teams, but i also think this Indiana team, is much better than their past teams.....Michigan's Qb has all the tools and speed, just still young and inconsistent....
It raised an eyebrow around here when one of the announcers made the comment that UM still showed signs from the old Rich Rod years......

Of course they did show a few glimpses of Bo's era too. Like that first overtime period against Penn State with three runs instead of trying to go for a first down. That didn't work out too well. They tried the same thing at the end of this latest game but got lucky. It's like they never considered running out the clock with a forward pass in the middle of the field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Liberal Pantywads React To Brain William's ... 3 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 19 hr Wolfwoman 990
TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT: Roof Melt (Jan '08) Feb 27 Snowstruck 69
Attorney's shortchanging of State Bar scuttles ... Feb 26 duh 3
MARVIN unemployment service now online (Jan '09) Feb 24 Pissed 173
Local News Women (Apr '09) Feb 24 Dumbo 2,342
Take the Presidential Competency Quiz Feb 23 DR X 4
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]