College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1311 Aug 14, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
That's so funny....i was gonna tell you about that fabulous run, Bo Oliver made, too....He's a keeper for Chargers.....San Diego also has a 3rd year LB, Jonas Mouton from Michigan, hope he sticks too....I think Tannehill has a much better chance of sticking, than Rex Ryan....If you get a chance, watch Blake Bortles for JAX-Bears tonite on NFL.....I think he has looked awful good.....Raiders stadium lease ends after next season...I'd vote them most likely to move to L.A.....Sportcenter talked it up today.....I'd be shocked now, if your Bills don't stay, now that most of the buyers say so....I mostly ignore the trolls....this forum is more viscous than most.....childish even....
The poiblitiy of the Bill staying is better but not a sure thing...but if they go they will be in Toronto not in L.A....Two bad things are possible... The NFL says a new stadium is a must... Buffalo is not a wealthy area...IIf the state isn't generous then the gov't contribution could become a problem....The second is the Bon Jovi group when the owners of the Leafs...Argo's and the buildings those two teams play in are in on your bid your intention is to move the team. A brief nap is becoming a priority....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1312 Aug 14, 2014
Bill's have a little reciever, Graham #11.....should be a keeper.....I don't get the forcing new stadiums, but Buffalo and Oakland are the most decrepit, aren't they?......I love naps too, when i can.....I'm a only 5-6 hour night sleeper, so a nap is a bonus.....So pissed today, as MSNBC and CNN/HLN are all criticizing the police riot control in Missouri.....So tired of agenda driven "news outlets"......Tonite's game is on ESPN.....I have Eagles-Bears on NFL in 20 minutes.....

Buffalo, NY

#1313 Aug 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Bill's have a little reciever, Graham #11.....should be a keeper.....I don't get the forcing new stadiums, but Buffalo and Oakland are the most decrepit, aren't they?......I love naps too, when i can.....I'm a only 5-6 hour night sleeper, so a nap is a bonus.....So pissed today, as MSNBC and CNN/HLN are all criticizing the police riot control in Missouri.....So tired of agenda driven "news outlets"......Tonite's game is on ESPN.....I have Eagles-Bears on NFL in 20 minutes.....
Graham has great wheels he could be a good 3rd or 4th wr...Front page news is Rajvi Rai who is a senior partner at Rodgers communication...Up until a couple dayys ago...His on line bio read..."Key player in our effort to bring the Buffalo Bills to Toronto..." Rai once said...I am not assocated with Rodgers Communiication... Then said We would never seek to move the Bills....now says simple mistaken identity on the part of some one else....Toronto Star reminds its readers..Rai was interviewed in June reeling off a list of properties he and Rodgers own that could house an NFL stadum...It was said a LA based group backed away because of wories bout not being able to move the team...The Bon Jovi group is said to have improved thiier offer.after learning about the LA guys backing away...Comforting...
Everyones got thhat agenda thing no exceptions....Here we have two off duty cops working as bouncers ... they cuff a guy fresh from Iraq... toss him down a flight of stairs...destroy evidence cell phones security cams... the on-duties arrest a guy trying to save this guys life...some how fail to notice the open destruction of evidence.....At first there was abit of closing ranks...everyone has an agenda....from a big distnce that speck of "true" is tough for my old eye to see......Here...The bar manager was charged

Location hidden

#1314 Aug 15, 2014
Sound's like that the best path for Bills is the Bon Jovi group, as long as the Wilson's aren't about corporate greed and just taking the highest bid.....The agenda i mentioned was seen now, as the facts are revealed that this cop really wrestled with this guy....witnesses are all over the place and looking like racially fictional......Bear's looked medium....that defense is still edgy.....Bortles looks better and better......I think you are right about Geno Smith....seems like all his passes are to a TE or FB standing 8 yards, right in front of him....Bull, we might could do that, eh?...lol....Jaworski said, Smith looked fine the last 3-4 games, last season......Jet's D, will likely keep them in most games.....Drop a dime on your uncle,the cop..... I'd love to know what he thinks of this St. Louis incident?....

Buffalo, NY

#1315 Aug 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sound's like that the best path for Bills is the Bon Jovi group, as long as the Wilson's aren't about corporate greed and just taking the highest bid.....The agenda i mentioned was seen now, as the facts are revealed that this cop really wrestled with this guy....witnesses are all over the place and looking like racially fictional......Bear's looked medium....that defense is still edgy.....Bortles looks better and better......I think you are right about Geno Smith....seems like all his passes are to a TE or FB standing 8 yards, right in front of him....Bull, we might could do that, eh?...lol....Jaworski said, Smith looked fine the last 3-4 games, last season......Jet's D, will likely keep them in most games.....Drop a dime on your uncle,the cop..... I'd love to know what he thinks of this St. Louis incident?....
The best path for the Bills will be Terry Pagula the Sabres owner... Bon Jovi's group is the Toronto group...Bon jovi and Rodgers communication could be high bidder they have the greed appeal.....Gino Smith failed because he is a great athelete who had never had to learn his position in college...The Jets might be a competitive team if vick plays... bortles looks like he has the tools... Having a quartback in Jax survive is going to be tough.....tough place to learn the craft ... Bears look about the same as last yr. 9-7 maybe 10-6.....So far the Bills look 6-10 maybe 7-9...but if the lights go on for EJ than maybe 8-8
my uncle has mentioned in the past that the cops are human.. mistakes get made and bad cops get minted......most cops are like most people...decent and trying to do it right....One agenda can never find fault in thier actions and the other agenda only sees blame....The two versions...wrestling with the cop and running away from the cop differ enough ...I assume ...to have the autopsy become definative....no agenda required

Location hidden

#1316 Aug 15, 2014
I thought Bon Jovi was on TV, talking like he wanted the team in Buffalo?....I know, i saw that......Eagles-Pats, Chargers-Seahawks is on tonight......I vote it's Rex's last year, great defenses with shitty offenses...If the lights go on for EJ?....That's funny, but i am not as critical of him, as you would be.....Bears could be scary with that passing offense, but that defense needs to jell.....alot of the same talent is there.....Green Bay is their only threat, Vikings and Lions are still weak.....I've never liked the Lions Qb......I think that the cop reacted like he only had a big guy, blocking traffic.....and Brown reacted like a 300 pound thug, that knew he was a robbery suspect.....totally different levels of intensity.....reaching for a cop's service revolver may be hazardous.....lol.....

Buffalo, NY

#1317 Aug 16, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I thought Bon Jovi was on TV, talking like he wanted the team in Buffalo?....I know, i saw that......Eagles-Pats, Chargers-Seahawks is on tonight......I vote it's Rex's last year, great defenses with shitty offenses...If the lights go on for EJ?....That's funny, but i am not as critical of him, as you would be.....Bears could be scary with that passing offense, but that defense needs to jell.....alot of the same talent is there.....Green Bay is their only threat, Vikings and Lions are still weak.....I've never liked the Lions Qb......I think that the cop reacted like he only had a big guy, blocking traffic.....and Brown reacted like a 300 pound thug, that knew he was a robbery suspect.....totally different levels of intensity.....reaching for a cop's service revolver may be hazardous.....lol.....
EJ's first yeaaar was not a fair test of what wwe drafted..hee playyed 1\2 season....But for most players there is an improvement in a kids grasping the NFL game...and hat may be extra true for a QB...EJ has shon the physical tools but as having some difficulty using them properly...A good second year would be an improvementt in choices inn the passing game....he needs to improve on a starting QB league low 58% completion. I think he has what it takes... waiting for when he thinks like an NFL QB.....
Yes you did see Bon Jovi on T.V. saying he wanted to keep the team in Buffalo and that his partners want the same thing...Bon Jovi is a liar.....the Toronto Star said there was some kind of a whistleblower within Rodgers Communication...The Star published an internal company document from Rodgers communication proving it's board want a NFL team in toronto.. The board inclluds Rajiv Rai , one of Bon Jovi's partners, rai having the corporate job within Rodgers of heading up the team that will bring the Bills to Toronto...Bon Jovi's job is to woo our fluttering little hearts with his good looks... Herpes is more popular in Buffalo than Bon Jovi
The autopsy results have not been released... everything else at this point is agenda...
at least...in my some timess less than humble opinion.

Location hidden

#1318 Aug 16, 2014
Watched some of Dolphins-Bucs....Tannehill looks good, and they have some good young recievers, that are starting to come around....Matt Moore is a strong backup Qb......I've said before, i think EJ is gonna do well, especially now that you have Sammy Watkins.....Saw Rogers and Green Bay, and he look's awful good....Sad to think that Jon Bon Jovi would ever turn on you guys like that.....Watching to see if they try looting again in this little town.....The local chief made a possible mistake in releasing the robbery video, especially after a quiet night Thursday.....It's just horrendous to watch any looting, while Police stand by....especially on the 4-5th night of the incident......Frankly, i am shocked some store owner has'nt shot someone.......

Buffalo, NY

#1319 Aug 17, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Watched some of Dolphins-Bucs....Tannehill looks good, and they have some good young recievers, that are starting to come around....Matt Moore is a strong backup Qb......I've said before, i think EJ is gonna do well, especially now that you have Sammy Watkins.....Saw Rogers and Green Bay, and he look's awful good....Sad to think that Jon Bon Jovi would ever turn on you guys like that.....Watching to see if they try looting again in this little town.....The local chief made a possible mistake in releasing the robbery video, especially after a quiet night Thursday.....It's just horrendous to watch any looting, while Police stand by....especially on the 4-5th night of the incident......Frankly, i am shocked some store owner has'nt shot someone.......
The sale of the Bills has been a f8cking circus...The latest bit of Bills news is that Bon Jovi is thinking about teaming with ...Jim Kelly...I assume that would mean he s no longer in business with Rajvi Rai....That Bon Jovi has bought into keeping the team here?...but the rumor f the day wasn't specific... The loudly repeated line on sports radio is that Ralph's daughter wants to keep the team here I just want this crap to end....
Two weeks until college ball starts SI predicts Alabama...Florida State....Ohio State and Oklahoma....You could have picked a half dozen teams for the # 3- & 4 spot...i think that UCLA is legit so is Michigan State and Stanford... it looks as if the talent at the top is being spread far more evenly
The autopsy.........

Location hidden

#1320 Aug 17, 2014
Just wiped out a longass post, by mistake......Bet Bon Jovi wished he never got his ass into this PR nightmare?.....He pisses off fans, either way......NFL Pre-Season -- Saw Peyton look almost perfect againest the 49ers.....Saw Mack #52 the new Raiders LB.....Saw Ram, Michael Sam- a maybe.....Santana Moss could be a big 3rd reciever with the Bears....Top 4 college teams are the usual suspects, even over the decades.....I'd be tickled if Michigan State repeats last year....beating the Buckeyes in the Big-10 Championship......keep them outta the final four....this is the playoff year.....

Location hidden

#1321 Aug 17, 2014
BTW, i like UCLA too.....Talented Qb and sharp coach, part of another coaching bloodline....Imagine a UCLA return to relevance?

Buffalo, NY

#1322 Aug 17, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Just wiped out a longass post, by mistake......Bet Bon Jovi wished he never got his ass into this PR nightmare?.....He pisses off fans, either way......NFL Pre-Season -- Saw Peyton look almost perfect againest the 49ers.....Saw Mack #52 the new Raiders LB.....Saw Ram, Michael Sam- a maybe.....Santana Moss could be a big 3rd reciever with the Bears....Top 4 college teams are the usual suspects, even over the decades.....I'd be tickled if Michigan State repeats last year....beating the Buckeyes in the Big-10 Championship......keep them outta the final four....this is the playoff year.....
Maybe Bon Jovi was lied to by his friends at Rodgers communication...Hard to say....but all ends well if the team stays....I said it before it would make a lot of sense for the NFL to put teams in Canada...Just aas it would make sense for more Canadian school near the border to put teams into the NCAA...The only one I am aaware of is Simon Fraser they have a div III team.. Say the replay of Detroit and Oakland... Mack made a couple plays nothing extraordinary...The Raiders starrters looked pretty poor ... the secondary was getting lit up... San Diego v. Seattle was on the other night...Oliver didn't do much but the Seahawks were dominating...Moss could help the Bears...Sam had a sack...still a 'tweener

Location hidden

#1323 Aug 18, 2014
Yes, i agree and think NFL want's teams in both Toronto and London....then further....Their appetite for greed, knows no bounds...L.A. will have to be there also.....I've even heard talk of Rams returning there.....AP has Oregon #3....They seem to be good-very good every year now.....Kinda eager to see what this SEC Network is gonna look like.....R.I.P. Robin Williams....I'd like to think he is with Jonathon Winters again, they were twins from different decades....We watched, Good Will Hunting.....last night, had forgotten what a fine story it is......Hate it when all your favorites die off.....Tom Clancy is another one......Can you believe it has taken this long to call in National Guard, in Furgason, Missouri?....Too many Chiefs in that deal.....

Buffalo, NY

#1324 Aug 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yes, i agree and think NFL want's teams in both Toronto and London....then further....Their appetite for greed, knows no bounds...L.A. will have to be there also.....I've even heard talk of Rams returning there.....AP has Oregon #3....They seem to be good-very good every year now.....Kinda eager to see what this SEC Network is gonna look like.....R.I.P. Robin Williams....I'd like to think he is with Jonathon Winters again, they were twins from different decades....We watched, Good Will Hunting.....last night, had forgotten what a fine story it is......Hate it when all your favorites die off.....Tom Clancy is another one......Can you believe it has taken this long to call in National Guard, in Furgason, Missouri?....Too many Chiefs in that deal.....
Latest from the Buffalo Bills saga...Bon Jovi meets with Kelly...Turned out to be very short...Turns out Bon Jovi refused to say the magic words..."Under no circumstances will thhe team be moved to Toronto....Bon Jovvi should declare his intrest in the team over and he should stay out western New York ....Him not being prepared to say that...makes it seem as if he was trying to bamboozle Jim....Miss robiin Williams...Mrs. Doubtfire was afavorite....he always seemed to be depressed... to bad he was never able to find relief...
You are right about the national guard...
Autopsy.......no spin no agenda
ex-NY state police head of forensic pathology was given access to the body....He says two bits of requested evidence were not made available to him... but what he can say is...6 shots 4 in he torso two to the head...victim facing the offiicer....the distance between the two can not be determined with out examining the car and clothing ... this last item would verify or refute the two witness

Location hidden

#1325 Aug 18, 2014
I'd bet my stars, that Officer Wilson thought he just had some goofy, big guy....obstructing traffic....Michael Brown reacted like a guy that just committed a robbery and was scared of jail......Striking out and reaching for Wilson's firearm....Wilson got control and reacted, firing enough to put Brown down......It's gonna be a variation of that scenario.....Wish they would reveal his juvenile record, as Brown was a bully, and i'm sure it's lengthy.......Evidently a gang from Chicago, also took part in last night's festivities....lol.....Bon Jovi needs to leave Kelly alone, especially if his intentions aren't spotless.......Fisher King....and, One-Hour Photo are other good Robin Williams.....Geez, i still miss John Candy, Phil Hartman and John Belushi......Hey, Bengals Qb is playing better and like he heard all the criticism..... Andy something?....Hell to get old....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1326 Aug 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'd bet my stars, that Officer Wilson thought he just had some goofy, big guy....obstructing traffic....Michael Brown reacted like a guy that just committed a robbery and was scared of jail......Striking out and reaching for Wilson's firearm....Wilson got control and reacted, firing enough to put Brown down......It's gonna be a variation of that scenario.....Wish they would reveal his juvenile record, as Brown was a bully, and i'm sure it's lengthy.......Evidently a gang from Chicago, also took part in last night's festivities....lol.....Bon Jovi needs to leave Kelly alone, especially if his intentions aren't spotless.......Fisher King....and, One-Hour Photo are other good Robin Williams.....Geez, i still miss John Candy, Phil Hartman and John Belushi......Hey, Bengals Qb is playing better and like he heard all the criticism..... Andy something?....Hell to get old....lol....

andy Dalton is the bengal QB...from TCU I hought his first year as beginners luck... so the fall off looked bad... now his learning curve is catching up to his arm... that is the point when you know what your getting...EJ isn't there yet....
It will be a variation on the scenario you outlined...Thus the victtim isn't innocent by any means...
BUT...Let me put out the magic word one more time...autopsy....
The forensic expert from New York said..he did not have access to two pieces of evidence the car and the victims clothing....That would tell how many shots were point blank... the kill shot entered the top of the skull and had to be the final shot...The positioning of the body at this time will be make or break for someones story...was there a surrender and was brown in the appropriate position.. or was he coming at the cop.. head down....
Anyone who is rioting or is afraid of the truth is so becaus they are responding to an agenda
Anyone who is jumping the gun ....

Location hidden

#1327 Aug 18, 2014
Yeah, Dalton looked good...if he could just improve, they have a great defense, or did....lol....Somethings wrong with the Giants, half the time Eli even looks lost.....I'd say Brown was starting to fall, dipping his head and that was also determined as the fatal shot.....make's sense.....Any more rioting or looting is mostly outsiders and they should really be arrested, also how about anyone arrested for looting or assauly, forego government assistance for life?......Works for me.....Pork Shoulder Steaks on the grill, one of my best creations....just enough fats to really make the smoking righteous.....Johnny Football on MNF.....

Buffalo, NY

#1328 Aug 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, Dalton looked good...if he could just improve, they have a great defense, or did....lol....Somethings wrong with the Giants, half the time Eli even looks lost.....I'd say Brown was starting to fall, dipping his head and that was also determined as the fatal shot.....make's sense.....Any more rioting or looting is mostly outsiders and they should really be arrested, also how about anyone arrested for looting or assauly, forego government assistance for life?......Works for me.....Pork Shoulder Steaks on the grill, one of my best creations....just enough fats to really make the smoking righteous.....Johnny Football on MNF.....
ELI has gotten old over night...It,s part of us being old...these kids like eli and Peyton seem so young still..... I saw that last Giant game too one complete pass at half time...That is disturbing....For what ever reason the bengals can't perform above the good level...It's like there is something wrong there...
Heard more about the forensics expert he seems like he is not interested in anyones opinions...Like Joe Friday...Just the facts ...truth seems in good hands ..... The scenario you detail is what fits one agenda ...Brown presenting the top of his head because he was kneeling fits the other...It would seem that there is enough difference between moving and not moving to leave some forensic clue...I have no problem waiting for the truth to be told...

Location hidden

#1329 Aug 19, 2014
Grilling Brats and Keilbasa this morning, before it get's to 93....lol....Johnny Football look awful....He gave the finger to the Redskin's bench......$5,000 fine incoming lol...RG III look's so fragile to me, they were brilliant in keeping Kirk Cousins....Giant's offensive line is edgy, but Eli just looked shell shocked or something....like stoned...Maybe it's time for Coughlin to hang it up, though i respect him alot.......In Ferguson, tonight they should arrest everyone protesting violently.....these two groups have seperated themselves.....The Brown charging Wilson scenario, is the winner....It fit's every piece of evidence so far....and Wilson's alledged account....I'd be shocked if it deviated from that very much......Try to catch CNN if you can stand it and give me a critique of their coverage?....Please?....

Buffalo, NY

#1330 Aug 19, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Grilling Brats and Keilbasa this morning, before it get's to 93....lol....Johnny Football look awful....He gave the finger to the Redskin's bench......$5,000 fine incoming lol...RG III look's so fragile to me, they were brilliant in keeping Kirk Cousins....Giant's offensive line is edgy, but Eli just looked shell shocked or something....like stoned...Maybe it's time for Coughlin to hang it up, though i respect him alot.......In Ferguson, tonight they should arrest everyone protesting violently.....these two groups have seperated themselves.....The Brown charging Wilson scenario, is the winner....It fit's every piece of evidence so far....and Wilson's alledged account....I'd be shocked if it deviated from that very much......Try to catch CNN if you can stand it and give me a critique of their coverage?....Please?....
Keilbasa with some kraut.....mmmm..good stuff...I missed Johnny Football last night if the brat is getting too cranked, emotional and stupid over a pre-season game then it could be a long year for him. Looks as if his learning curve includes learning just a bit of self control. The down hill slope for some QB's can be dramatic Eli is getting old he has to be 35 or older...Coughlin's future should depend on how he handles Eli....A change of scenery could coax a good year out of him... yes, In Ferguson they need to arrest looters...I'll wait for the definative results of forensics before i draw any conclusion...I'll attempt to catch CNN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 11 hr Ahumancantgetdru... 2,887
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Apr 20 Karen Vermaire 1,170
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Apr 8 Disturbing 95
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Apr 7 Kimmie 12
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Apr 2 Fred 266
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Apr 2 lol 616
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Mar 30 GRhomesweethell 191

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages