College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1267 Jul 15, 2014
Here is the Isreal v Palestine issue in a nutshell....Your a big guy a wrestler and this little guy keeps provoking you... you get pissed knock him out...Look very bad in the process lose a friend ....The little putz is back next week provoking...you respond the same way same result... Leaving you with the choice break his neck or find out if there is any way to make him go away...
I fully agree on Germany being a great country, at least since they quit trying to conquer the world. The 1\3 German in my lineage stood up and said "Wonderbar". i am sure the Krauts spy on us we are just too incompetent to catch them.
EJ will be good ...as longas he isn't hurt again

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1268 Jul 16, 2014
Bull, make sure to catch Sportscenter....good interview with Jim Kelly...he actually look's good, considering....Derek Jeter went out in style, at the All-Star game, with two hits....a class act....Glad they did'nt score anymore, after i nodded out....lol....Amazing about Palestinean firing off over 1200 rockets at Israel, and only one death.....not sure they are really rockets, or big fireworks....what ordinance is this?.....Germany is the strongest member of the EU, but likely dislikes it....Everytime Greece or Portugal has financial difficulties, the german's have to pony up the most $.....Germany has been the most successful at wind and solar energy....nationalized energy if i am not wrong....They just uncovered huge coal reserves, thus lowering every german's fuel costs....which are among the lowest, globally......I hope we are spying on them.....instead of, say....Nigeria....lol....

“LSU Fanatic”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1269 Jul 16, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Your modesty and restraint is overwhelming
Why thank you! Ya see, in the SEC we can back it up!

Coach Artie's Question of the Day: In what parallel universe might we ever again see a competitive Big Ten team play for the BCS Championship? Inquiring minds want to know!
>:)

“LSU Fanatic”

Location hidden

#1270 Jul 16, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Bull, make sure to catch Sportscenter....good interview with Jim Kelly....
Is this the same Jim Kelly who after countless attempts to get over the NFL hurdle known as the Ralph Wilson Frozen Tundra Stadium, he finally got wise bolted out of Buffalo to the USFL?

Kelly signed with the Houston Gamblers, who played in the climate-controlled Houston Astrodome, and said, "Would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo?" Coach Artie says the Kelly Blue Book case file is CLOSED! Ya hear >:)

Buffalo, NY

#1271 Jul 16, 2014
LSU ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Is this the same Jim Kelly who after countless attempts to get over the NFL hurdle known as the Ralph Wilson Frozen Tundra Stadium, he finally got wise bolted out of Buffalo to the USFL?
Kelly signed with the Houston Gamblers, who played in the climate-controlled Houston Astrodome, and said, "Would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo?" Coach Artie says the Kelly Blue Book case file is CLOSED! Ya hear >:)
Blue ...
i'll field this one...Artie Mr. universal knowledge..
You get a F in pro football history....
got every detail backwards...

No charge on the corection...

Buffalo, NY

#1272 Jul 16, 2014
Jim has been a football hero and a deity around here for years.. You know that history... But to watch him grow to what ever status it is above that....well that is real gratifying.
I caught very little of the all star game...just wasn't in the baseball mood...
I had deprived you of a MLS update the Revolution are on a losing streak dropping them to third...No goal scoring a 1-0 loss.. A defensive lapse in the box a defender Backs in to Bobby freebie after that the Rev hit the posts ...missed wide open nets and were stopped on a penalty.
The slip shod ay the Hamas terrorist fling the missiles across the border has a bit to do with that ...The improvements to the anti - scud system we gave them during the first gulf war was big too.
So taking whacks at the unregistered trolls is a good policy
Now on to the registered troll

“LSU Fanatic”

Location hidden

#1273 Jul 16, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue ...
i'll field this one...Artie Mr. universal knowledge..
You get a F in pro football history....
got every detail backwards...
No charge on the corection...
The Professor apologies for the reverse osmosis of James Edward Kelly’s career but the bottom line is the Niagara River water still came out the same….not suitable for human consumption – FACT! After leaving the University of Miami for the NFL, it was at that time and space where he uttered the words "Would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo?" - FACT! The Bills never had the chance to get him to dot the “i” in Blizzard – FACT! It was only after the Pluto/Gamblers fell out of the celestial good grace that was forced to deal with the International Astronomical Union/National Football League and allow the Eris/Bills that drafted him to re-enter the picture – FACT.

So sadly, after many seasonal frostbitten attempts of Super Bowl futility and career miscalculations, James Edward Kelly retired from the Tundra for warmer pastures as fast as OJ Simpson could run through the BNI Airport to leave Buffalo screaming HSBC at every leap of luggage – FACT!

So you see son, Coach Artie NEVER gets below a B grade even when the dreary story is as glacial as a Queen City winter – FACT. The Professor suggests you relinquish the “field” and punt the frozen ball back to Blue and stay out of Big Conference conversions! Ya-hear? Artie’s final FACT of the Day: If it ain’t SEC football, it don’t mean a damn :-)

Buffalo, NY

#1274 Jul 17, 2014
LSU ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>The Professor apologies for the reverse osmosis of James Edward Kelly’s career but the bottom line is the Niagara River water still came out the same….not suitable for human consumption – FACT! After leaving the University of Miami for the NFL, it was at that time and space where he uttered the words "Would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo?" - FACT! The Bills never had the chance to get him to dot the “i” in Blizzard – FACT! It was only after the Pluto/Gamblers fell out of the celestial good grace that was forced to deal with the International Astronomical Union/National Football League and allow the Eris/Bills that drafted him to re-enter the picture – FACT.
So sadly, after many seasonal frostbitten attempts of Super Bowl futility and career miscalculations, James Edward Kelly retired from the Tundra for warmer pastures as fast as OJ Simpson could run through the BNI Airport to leave Buffalo screaming HSBC at every leap of luggage – FACT!
So you see son, Coach Artie NEVER gets below a B grade even when the dreary story is as glacial as a Queen City winter – FACT. The Professor suggests you relinquish the “field” and punt the frozen ball back to Blue and stay out of Big Conference conversions! Ya-hear? Artie’s final FACT of the Day: If it ain’t SEC football, it don’t mean a damn :-)
your test was graded
you have been dismissed.

Buffalo, NY

#1275 Jul 17, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Bull, make sure to catch Sportscenter....good interview with Jim Kelly...he actually look's good, considering....Derek Jeter went out in style, at the All-Star game, with two hits....a class act....Glad they did'nt score anymore, after i nodded out....lol....Amazing about Palestinean firing off over 1200 rockets at Israel, and only one death.....not sure they are really rockets, or big fireworks....what ordinance is this?.....Germany is the strongest member of the EU, but likely dislikes it....Everytime Greece or Portugal has financial difficulties, the german's have to pony up the most $.....Germany has been the most successful at wind and solar energy....nationalized energy if i am not wrong....They just uncovered huge coal reserves, thus lowering every german's fuel costs....which are among the lowest, globally......I hope we are spying on them.....instead of, say....Nigeria....lol....
Blue....
Yesterday the Sabres held a rookie and free agent scrimmage..9,000 showed up for it....It demonstrates the status the hockey has up here...having the barn 2\3 full to watch guys who have no chance of playing here this year. That made me pine for those days when i was young and had just enough ability to feed the delusion that I could earn a shot like these kids have. One thing is for sure the college kids skate better, they are bigger and certainly stronger than they were way back then....
Went for a round with the Dr.'s. dueling medications. The nephrologist (kidney) told me i have 3rd stage kidney disease and the pain and the sleep meds are the cause....I may end up on a straight opiate pain killer...those are the drugs I dread and frankly I do believe that we are in for an interesting bit here till we can find a set of meds that are not caustic to the system.
The potential suitors for the Buffalo Bills are starting to come into focus...Thomas Galisano a local billionaire is the prime candidate...he ought the Sabres a couple decades ago when the teams finances had been butchered by the Knox estate. he says over his dead body will the Bills leave town.... thank you sir.

Location hidden

#1276 Jul 17, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue....
Yesterday the Sabres held a rookie and free agent scrimmage..9,000 showed up for it....It demonstrates the status the hockey has up here...having the barn 2\3 full to watch guys who have no chance of playing here this year. That made me pine for those days when i was young and had just enough ability to feed the delusion that I could earn a shot like these kids have. One thing is for sure the college kids skate better, they are bigger and certainly stronger than they were way back then....
Went for a round with the Dr.'s. dueling medications. The nephrologist (kidney) told me i have 3rd stage kidney disease and the pain and the sleep meds are the cause....I may end up on a straight opiate pain killer...those are the drugs I dread and frankly I do believe that we are in for an interesting bit here till we can find a set of meds that are not caustic to the system.
The potential suitors for the Buffalo Bills are starting to come into focus...Thomas Galisano a local billionaire is the prime candidate...he ought the Sabres a couple decades ago when the teams finances had been butchered by the Knox estate. he says over his dead body will the Bills leave town.... thank you sir.
Sad reality of life is.....athletes get bigger and faster, every year.....The German's genetic research, just had a few rough edges.....lol....We have a couple in Boca Raton that paid $50,000 to clone a Yellow Lab.....Another sign of a recovered economy, by the way.....Hope you can get through all these meds deviations alright?....They have a Dialysis center, by the wife's work....do you have any of that?...I'm guessing, you are in love with the local billionaire as the best choice, plus this guy must realize some of the recent team sales numbers....L.A. Clippers for $2 Billion, is obscene....Saw Les Miles of LSU speaking on ESPN....He's from M Go Blue, and may end up make there, someday down the road....Louisiana is a humid, corrupt dump.....

“LSU Fanatic”

Location hidden

#1278 Jul 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> ....Saw Les Miles of LSU speaking on ESPN....He's from M Go Blue, and may end up make there, someday down the road....Louisiana is a humid, corrupt dump.....
Sounds like you're in a world of hurt when someone from the Michigan Tundra dares to call the bayou paradise known as Louisiana a dump. While Coach Artie usually slams unintelligent babbling fools but understandably in your case, you are still attempting to thaw out from your Grave Lakes stormy winters. The professor will forgive you brain freeze...
As for Les Miles, if you want him you sorry, shaky state can have him. The Coach knows that the stars will realign and the glory of God will shine down upon the LSU elite with a capable coach to lead the Bayou Bengals back to SEC prominence!

Yours truly,
Coach Artie (Constantly strengthening his resolve to rid the world of brainless twits and frozen tits)

“LSU Fanatic”

Location hidden

#1279 Jul 18, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
your test was graded
you have been dismissed.
I will leave the students unaided in their attempt to grade yours truly, the teacher, also know and the Coach, and the Professor of all CFB knowledge. You and Frozen Blue can skip sleet balls across the ice-covered lakes to each other with notes tied to them asking how you can strive to be more like the impervious Art Deco Man who currently is relaxing by the pool in my Southern paradise! Ya-hear? >:)

Buffalo, NY

#1280 Jul 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Sad reality of life is.....athletes get bigger and faster, every year.....The German's genetic research, just had a few rough edges.....lol....We have a couple in Boca Raton that paid $50,000 to clone a Yellow Lab.....Another sign of a recovered economy, by the way.....Hope you can get through all these meds deviations alright?....They have a Dialysis center, by the wife's work....do you have any of that?...I'm guessing, you are in love with the local billionaire as the best choice, plus this guy must realize some of the recent team sales numbers....L.A. Clippers for $2 Billion, is obscene....Saw Les Miles of LSU speaking on ESPN....He's from M Go Blue, and may end up make there, someday down the road....Louisiana is a humid, corrupt dump.....
Keep telling the posiitive news ... Unemployment goess down and sour puss republicans pull thier hair out... Will says thhe statistics are flawed.....Forbes says ..part time...part time...The yearly deficiet estimates go down they complain that it isn't fast enough... fast enough t ruin the economy?....
Sisters olderest visited... he is in the glass buisness. in Arizona...Says things are going very well for him.... No complaints about the fed gov't.... no pulling his hair out over ACA.. if the economy keeps improving it will be paid for.
MLS upddate ...thiss was hard to watch ...L.A.5- New England 1...The team never showed up and bobby looked bad on a couple of the goals...An example the ball goes in the box...5 Rev players vv. Donnavan...all 5 freeze up no challenge..easy goal.. was very difficult to watch

Location hidden

#1281 Jul 18, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling the posiitive news ... Unemployment goess down and sour puss republicans pull thier hair out... Will says thhe statistics are flawed.....Forbes says ..part time...part time...The yearly deficiet estimates go down they complain that it isn't fast enough... fast enough t ruin the economy?....
Sisters olderest visited... he is in the glass buisness. in Arizona...Says things are going very well for him.... No complaints about the fed gov't.... no pulling his hair out over ACA.. if the economy keeps improving it will be paid for.
MLS upddate ...thiss was hard to watch ...L.A.5- New England 1...The team never showed up and bobby looked bad on a couple of the goals...An example the ball goes in the box...5 Rev players vv. Donnavan...all 5 freeze up no challenge..easy goal.. was very difficult to watch
Saw this thing about how nuts they go in Seattle for the Sounders, and tomorrow they play on TV.....That's the same league as Bobby, right?....Hope he has better matches. Many NFL camps open by next week.....Hard to imagine 2 a days, down here.....See where the Pouncey brothers got into a bar fight.....they are the Incognito/Aaron Hernandez gangsta friends.....Chad Johnson is on Montreal Allouettes.....Yeah, i like to slam positive economic trends and news on the deny'ers.....lol.....Sometime' s its so bad, they actually prefer their partisan party to their country.....Fox must teach that, or something......See where Alabama is preseason #1...Auburn #2.....at least Buckeye's aren't there....lol.....Ohio Correctional will have to spit out a few more, for them to compete......

Buffalo, NY

#1282 Jul 18, 2014
The Sounders are the class of the MLS same eague as Bobby ... Clint Dempsey palys in Seattle...In Seattle the often sell out the Seahawks stadium...great atmosphere...The New England Revolution is the other MLS team playing in an NFL stadium and with 15,000- 20,000 being a far more typical attendance..
The Bills play in the Hall of Fame game so the have already opened camp ... A lot with hindge upon EJ....They need him to play good ball in order to have a shot at 8-8..Alonzo's injury wil leave a big hole in the defense....
Seen Ncaa previews with Alabama #1 and Florida State those are the consensus picks I have seen Ohio State and Auburn as #3 and #4 ...UCLA and Baylor are also highly thought of by the touts...We will have Baylor up here in the beginning of September.... That will be the big early season game... the other out of the MAC slate is easier than in the past Army and Norfolk State....looking forward to it

Location hidden

#1283 Jul 19, 2014
I wanna see at least a part of Sounders....Wish there was more rugby...but, it's all at like 4:30 am....Like the Brit Open....Hard to believe that after all this about shooting down of the plane.....one of the scumbag russian separatists today said it was the Ukraine military, that did it.....They alway's come off as ham-handed and corrupt......Putin is quickly erasing any positive PR, that Russia had built up. since their collapse of communism.......Baylor is a righteous opener for you guys....UM is likely last game between Wolverines and Notre Dame.....Too bad, as that has been a historic opener for years......Glad Obama is hanging back a bit....watching how the EU handle's it first.....that is a great sign, from a usually overbearing U.S. foreign policy scheme.....

Buffalo, NY

#1284 Jul 19, 2014
is Notre dame on Michigans slate beyond this season.. Notre Dame really should have joined the Big 10 with Penn St.... here is more Irish history with those teams than in ACC.... Portland was the MLS game last night... Seattle is tthis afternoon 5pm i think....they have a "friendly" v. Totenham from the English league and in a week or so the MLS all-star team will play Munich...Strike me as odd having friendlly's.. the only major league sport I recall doing this is the NHL when the Soviet Red Army would tour.
The seperatists that Putin created and armed have become a Frankenstien...The question that i would ask...What the heck were they thinking when they called that air space safe...
And as Obama sttanda back and takes some time to think ...the pygymies of the right scream at him....

Location hidden

#1285 Jul 19, 2014
This is the last game, i believe for Notre Dame-Michigan....Yeah, the Irish might have been a better choice than Nebraska, yet it's close.....Went to several Nebraska Orange Bowl games, when they were the tits....offensive linemen up the ass......lol.....Just watched some of Sounders, but also my INDY race in Toronto got rained out....Fantastic WNBA All-Star game in Phoenix....went into overtime....you musta missed it....lol....The Russians and separatists are looking like scum...by keeping the investigators at bay, while the victims rot.....Obama does'nt have to do anything....Putin is misshandling this well enough, on his own.....Fascinating to see how everyone else reacts.....

Buffalo, NY

#1286 Jul 20, 2014
My believing that the Irish should be in the big 10 is just a show of how old fashioned i am....geography is now irrelevant...Hawaii could be in the ACC next year for all i know
Couuld have told you the race in Toronto was a no-go rained hard mostt of the day here.
Putin created those separatists and he is the guy who is going too have to call off the dogs...Putin has no scruples no morals ....so just kill the rebel leaders responsible and shut down the ugly little war he started... or does he think manipulating Russian public opinion will be ha tough
MLS update....Dallas 2 New England 0...The misery continues but this wasn't as difficult difficult too watch... At least the ten guys who where standing around had no trouble watching...It was a shooting gallery Bobby made save after save Rev defenders served up free turnovers and the attack no shots on goal... It is troubling to see a teams effort fall off so dramatically...

Location hidden

#1287 Jul 20, 2014
I'm the same about the old rivalries....i remember when the Irish also played Michigan State....It would seem, with the travel costs, they would group them better regionally.....but it's always the MONEY......Sometimes i forget.....lol....Wonder if the Indy race is today?...How's the weather there?......Putin is one of the worst dictators in years, and with that much power at hand too.....He's like the characters in James Bond movies.....Hard to believe they are keeping the air investigators at bay, at that scene....I'd bet they took the black boxes to Moscow, also.....Russian TV reported it was shot down by the Ukranians, shooting at Putin's plane......You do know, ethnic cleansing, was'nt just a nazi thing, right.....Like the Serbs were much the same way.....Sorry for Bobby's loss....Guess that Sounders ended 3-3....no shoot-out in a friendly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 3 hr Grim Reaper 2,971
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law 19 hr LickitySplit 13
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Sun justheretohelp 617
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Jul 22 Lena Gomez 194
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... Jul 21 Lena Gomez 3
White people are selective racist. Jul 21 Lena Gomez 2
White males are weak. Jul 21 Lena Gomez 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance