College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1226 Jul 8, 2014
Sorry Bull....that was a big letdown....evidently Silva was missed...lol....Worst since 94 years, is something you don't hear alot......Feel bad for their fans....Way worse than losing 2-1...eh?......Like last year's SuperBowl......I've been overseas enough to know, it is serious stuff, moreso in certain countries....Sorry about the baby bird....we had a squirrel hit in front, a month ago.....We have a Cardinal pair that signal the opening and closing of the birdfeeder.....i can alway's hear them, above all else.....It's Dog TV for Shelby.....Cleveland look's stupid for bitching about Johnny.....Years ago i spent time in Cleveland and Hated it....I'd think much less of LeBron, if he goes back there......Bull, i often don't think, the GOP don't realize how much longterm harm, they have done to their brand.....I can't ever see myself forgiving them.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1227 Jul 8, 2014
Blue tht was far orse than laast years Super Bowl...I think it was more like the first Buffalo v. Dallas Super Bowl. That was over before the two teams stepped on the field...Bue have you ever seen professional atheletes put in such a piss poor effort...Not a single one of the lifeless b*stards even got mad...I would have gotten a red card and took some one with me... I suspect that the Argentinians will show more spunk but it sure seems germany's year ..
The baby bird showed far more guts than the Brazilian national soccer team...So he or she at least has some dignity...Not so those fella's in yellow
Cleveland has to make at least the fig leaf effort at taming Johnny football the best thng that could happen is that he plays reasonably well for the Browns...by then management wwill be sick of him ...be able to trade him at a good price...
I agree with you on the GOP
however they aren't asking for forgivness

Location hidden

#1228 Jul 9, 2014
Worst asskicking i have ever seen in sports, is the 85' Bears extreme beatdown of the Pats in their SuperBowl....i can remember Tony Eason shaking in fear, as he approached the center.....lol.....Yeah, i can't believe a defense could fold like that, and in front of their everyone......How about the Sedin brother, with the Bruin just slapping his face, over and over...hit my gag reflex......Johnny Football could have a little Brian Sipe in him?....I'd love nothing better than he does outrageous....takes the Browns into something big....Can't recall the last time, they were relevant.....They've always been their own worst enemy....like the Cav's also....As this Immigration crisis proceeds, you have to wonder, how long the GOP want's to be known ....for standing in the way of reform.....

Buffalo, NY

#1229 Jul 9, 2014
The Dutch and the Argentinians ..hopefully there is more fight in the two teams... That was bad... Bad but expected was the Brazilian mini riot after the thrashing.... Nearly all the Brazilians play in europe and almost half the team in the Bundesliga how they will show their faces in Germany i got no idea... I am amazed not one of them got mad ...
Pat v. bears was bad Eason did sh*t his pants... No where near as bad as Everett from the LA Rams... he was sacking himself...then he went on Tony Rome and roughed Rome up for calling hm Chrissie Everett... proving Rome's point
Johnny Footbal has talent.. i would no be suprised if you see a few great seasons out of him.. But if he runs the football and runs his mouth then someone will shut him up...So a little uncollectable bet a buck says they make the playoffs one time, min. during his stay in Cleveland

Location hidden

#1230 Jul 9, 2014
Another clown....Redskin Safety just came off suspension, only to be caught again on banned substance....now, suspended indefinately.....I'm kinda pulling for Jay Gruden in Washington...Bet he teaches RG III not to run.....As for Jim Rome....I saw live at Wrigley field in 1969, a Packer D-Lineman cheapshot Bobby Douglass....Butkus came off the bench, pigeon-toed his ass out there, slammed the Packer to the ground, and stood over him, daring him to get up......i love shit like that....lol....Bull, evidently since the GOP has refused to help Obama on immigration.....Current GW immigration laws, say refugees won't be deported.........These sad kids are refugees, they aren't just illegals, looking for work......GOP screwed themselves.....

Buffalo, NY

#1231 Jul 9, 2014
Jay Gruden will have more problems keeping the owner from f*cking up the team than teaching RGIII to be an NFL QB....I wish Chuckie's little brother all the luck in the world...I believe that he will need it...
Argentina out PK'ed the Dutch was a rather defensive game...That is the only hope that Argentina has v. Germany....Play airtight defense and hope that they can get a goal out of Messi.... I dont believe that the Germans can be held in check all game so i have to go with the Krauts... Say 2-1... The game saturday Dutch v. Brazil could be worth a look... If Brazil gets hammered again it would be an incredible cave in on the home teams part
My favorite get the bad guy and kick his *ss was Larry Robinson beating the crap out of Dave Schultz setting the tone for a 4-0 sweep for the cup... A second choice was Stan Jonathan giving the nastiest hockey beating ii have ever seen to pierre Bouchard.. The Habs won the series so it is second best ... But if you wanna see absolute destruction google up that one

Location hidden

#1232 Jul 10, 2014
The 3rd place game seem's like a humbling experience....who gives a damn?....Hope the Dutch kick their ass, as it still feel's like they got screwed in that ending....Do you prefer that to just keep playing till a first goal?....And 3rd place seem's weird....Year's ago they used to do that in March Madness, glad they ejected it....While at University of Miami, i saw Warren Sapp and a huge guard from, maybe Tennessee go at it....the other guy was bigger, but Warren has that kind of Farm Strength, way better than the lifting weights kind....lol.....My Grampa worked at Kelloggs for 40 years, and he had some of that kind of power....Sure miss him....Rick Perry defending the President's trip to Texas, was a rare moment.....I don't think i have ever seen so much introspection and criticizm, as is the current norm........Dumb award goes out to Duke University for sueing John Waynes family for their sale of, The Duke's Whiskey.....geesh.....

Buffalo, NY

#1233 Jul 10, 2014
The third place game is a bit of an insult...and for the Brazilians more so...The folks there will be ugly if they lose that one say 5-0..I was hoping for the dutch...just can't say they got screwed.. they hadn't scored a goal in more than two games and other than a few decent chances they had no attack...Not that the Argentines were dominating either... The shootout isn't my way to end things i hate it for hockey as i have mentioned.. I don't see anything wrong with a regular seaason tie... Playoffs you play till you drop. Soccer should as well... one arguement against is you only get 3 subs and thus you have to limit the time.. give them 3 more per half of OT played slap 'em on the ass and send 'em back out.
What is next for Duke University..sue anyone who names their Great Dane 'Duke'...Maybe Brown univesity wlll sue Jim Brown and W. will sue anyone who has an *ss hole
The Hobby Lobby decision says that a person is allowed to object to paying for something that violates religeous principles... I just became a profound pacifist.. and i don't believe that i sould have to pay for defense... poliice and border guards... should save half my tax bill... sounds dumb... just wait it will come and then all those conservatives will have to savor the new role for 'Big Gov't'... determining who's faith is legit...That is why the founding fathers put in seperation of church and state.. and is proof that conseratives wipe thier asses on the constitution

Location hidden

#1234 Jul 10, 2014
Yeah, they said the limit on subs, messed up Netherlands, which would surely have switched goalies, but could'nt.....I tend to channel surf when they just go back and forth, either among one team, or both...staying just in midfield......I only care now about the final on Sunday....Hope there isn't conflicting Indy Cars or Bullriding......Does'nt Duke look stupid for initiating such BS?....Makes me think less of them....Sounds more like an excersize for the Law School students.....I think Hobby Lobby was more of a test case....seeing as how, it was only about a specific couple of contraceptive devices....Morning After pills and IUD's be damned.......Have seen several segments about how dishonest FIFA is.....They are claiming being a non-profit, yet with a Billion Dollars in assets.....Brazil has laws againest booze at matches....FIFA forced them to change it, so their heavy sponsor Budweiser could sell Beer.......lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1235 Jul 10, 2014
holly hobby was a test case for the righht wing they correctly see themselves losing the 'culture wars over social issues... The concept was to get the Supreme Court to codify a pecking order in terms of who's rights wiegh more in a court of law...the white so called christian males who make up the GOP and in particular the tea's or the women who are their employees.... The next case is already lined up ... The evangelcals have already filed suit. because they say they have a religeouus base objection to gay marriage thus they should be able to fire employees who are married gays... The test case is a music teacher who was fired for exercising a right granted by his state to marry... because he could not be christian and gay... After thhat who knows.. but a left winged religeus group can use tthe same deformation of the law to prop up thier version of social engineering... Thus liitgants will be able to write law for themelves untill the SCOTUS says wait a minute.. you arent the right flavor of believer thus the law is not equally applied to you... that is nuts... Blue if you think this was about IUD's only and not how the constitution will be applied to law in the future you are mistaken... the legal priciple applied in one case can be transported to other areas of law...read Scalia's opinion... he essentially said exactally that...thus armed with Scalia's version of that decision you can move far beyond IUD's... my lawyer, partner's explaination...Much like Brown v. Board of Ed. had a legal effect far beyond Little Rock Ark. Or how Plessy v. Ferguson was the framework for Jim Crow laws

Location hidden

#1236 Jul 10, 2014
It all makes you understand, why all the tension over which President sends which juror to SCOTUS.....though they still have many cases, involving religion.....I'm not comfortable with anyone that wants to stand in the way of gay marriage.....can't comprehend their commitment, to such a limitation of freedom.......Glad that President Obama is calling out the House....Said lets use this immigration as a test case, to see if they will do ANYTHING?????....If they wanna sue him, for acting independently......That's more your expertise...Like your uncle, my extended legal education, was'nt much further than Miranda or say....a Baker Act form.....lol.....Can't believe Colin Cowherd spent his whole show, talking about where LeBron might go.....I hate for sports coverage to get too far into the business aspect......especially when i hear stuff like Chris Bosh is still only considering an 4 year/$88 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL.....Oh, i am sorry for shouting.....lol..... omingdo

Buffalo, NY

#1237 Jul 11, 2014
with the cash Lebron is asking for i wonder if the team that picks him up isnt hurting themselves in the process... Is on near deity and four journeymen god enough... watching the ESPN guys trying to place him it seems that you must surrender your budding stars n order to get the guy...
Jim Kelly is out of the hospital.. showed up at his youth football camp and spent the day yesterday with the kids...The man was big as a quarterback and huge as a man...big balls
Thee talk is that there maybe a compromise on the long blocked highway bill... this should have been passed a long time ago... maybe it could mean the GOP solid wall of 'NO' is cracking...
I had been reading the other debates. Joined the immigration debate and posted on the new Benghazi thread...My policy will be ...no replies to unregistered participants.

Location hidden

#1238 Jul 11, 2014
Bull....Right now in the NBA, paying LeBron the Max is a no-brainer....every team would do it.....Cleveland has several good young guys, plus many vets want to take less, in order to play with King James.....D-Wade is aging, which may be a big deal in LeBron's decision......We must remember, this is a dead zone for sports news, also.....If we were in the 7th game of NFL, then LeBron might be at the bottom of the sports section....lol....I give the unregistered 1, maybe 2 chances, then just ignore....the one's really far out, are left in the dust......Too many intelligent ones.....Highway funding, among countless needs, is a start....But they will never be forgiven.....Good to see you mixing it up, with the rabble....You're too good, to stay on the bench....

Buffalo, NY

#1239 Jul 11, 2014
Blue... I don't mind the give and take... the hair pulling ee gouging and name calling...cheapshots never bothered me.. if i could shrug off a high stick in order to give a cross check its a fair deal...I sidelined my self because i was a hurting unit for a while... didn't want additional bullsh*t... but pain manager is top notch and the heart issue appears to be controlled so .. bring 'em on..
I will stick to the rule on un- registered posters.... a couple of them are the type eager to kill their fellow Americans in some Turner Diary type revolution... and they put me on their list of people what need killing.... and if a regustered poster s abusive i will cut him\her\it out as well..the ref in here is not fair so you gotta ref it on your own.
So LeBron goes back to Cleveland... the pressure will be on him.. he must win one... I felt he was not staying in Miami... because of the existing contracts hopefully the Cavs draft well.. or get the vets you say are eager to play with Lebron

Location hidden

#1240 Jul 11, 2014
I've had several actually follow me around...I'm still alway's shocked at just how brave many can be from the safety of their anonymous keyboard...lol.....I don't mind some of the give and take either....but it is increasingly difficult to find those worthy of conversation....LeBron is a kinda shocker....but i get his points....we left down here and went back to Michigan for 3 years, when i was like 27-28....It's easier when your younger and the winter's don't bother you.....I'm happy for LeBron and say, Thanks for what he gave us down here, 2 Championships....It will take him 1-2 seasons to get Cav's going anywhere....Too bad this make's an asshole owner like Dan Gilbert even richer.....Don't know what, but i am feeling....Germany on Sunday......Isn't Argentina the place the Brits slapped down, over the Falklands???

“LSU Fanatic”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1241 Jul 11, 2014
The Big Ten never amounts to anything. Maybe you northerners might grow some gonads one of these seasons and play the dominant SEC Conference during the regular season - Ya hear?:-)

Buffalo, NY

#1242 Jul 11, 2014
LSU ART DECO MAN wrote:
The Big Ten never amounts to anything. Maybe you northerners might grow some gonads one of these seasons and play the dominant SEC Conference during the regular season - Ya hear?:-)
SEC is the best conf. in ball....
Of that I am sure...
I am far less sure of
SEC fans who need to be re-assured periodiically

so here is my yearly atta booy
Sec is the best conf. in ball
and LSU might be 5th best in it..
that means in the 10 you finish behind Ohio St.
Yearly...of that I'm sure

Buffalo, NY

#1243 Jul 11, 2014
There is nothing like the shield of anonymous cover...makes a man 'brave' when he throws down a threat or just a dribble of stupidity and knows there is no consequences.Sorry little boys...just in case you are interested it is far from impressive...If there is a fact based debate i know i have nothing to fear from those folks....The only danger they pose is the stalkers peril...
The Cavs have been handicapped by dumb ownership since the came into the NBA... Getting Lebrion was the spoils of their defeats getting him back same... they have cap space...
yes the Argentina was beaten by the British in the Falklands war...right about the time that Diego Maradonna beat them in a (i believe) a semi final with the 'Hand of God' goal...Diego the coke freak batted the ball down in the box and converted while the ref was looking for his guide dog, sunglasses and cane...
my pick Germany 2-1 Messi gets one but can't win on his own

Location hidden

#1244 Jul 11, 2014
Like a turd in the pool.....

Location hidden

#1245 Jul 11, 2014
Sorry, thought i was addressing LSU boy.....whose headcoach may be in Ann Arbor soon enough.....lol.....You're right, LeBron is too classy of a human, to have such a Dick as an owner....Actually surprised they buried the hatchet....LeBron's wife's family and many factors were involved....Bosh is resigning with Miami, which is a shock.....Lucky You...Indy Cars Iowa Corn 300 Saturday night at 8 on NBC Sports.....I like Germany also on Sunday....Alotta insecure and insane, here on Topix...Just like wading through, Alligator infested waters.....Funny that the final is Germany and one odf several countries, where many nazi's fled, after the war.....Messi is really something, eh? Only 5'7" and what a great talent.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 1 hr Ceejay 1,171
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Ahumancantgetdru... 2,887
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Apr 8 Disturbing 95
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Apr 7 Kimmie 12
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Apr 2 Fred 266
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Apr 2 lol 616
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Mar 30 GRhomesweethell 191

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages