College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1185 Jun 27, 2014
The Italian league was the main focus of the expose.....they had a big-time defender that helped orchestrate many fixes.....They showed how it had all started in Asia, and that is where the funding was initially spread out globally....Asian's are notorious gamblers.....Hard to believe how much FIFA made, in giving next World Cup to Dubai, i believe...Saw this thing about how FIFA get's away with stuff, no other sport's league would.....Notice that the reich complainers about the trade for Bergdahl, never bring up Reagan's trading missiles to Iran, for hostages...curious.....My wife is younger, and we watched Ali-Frazier I special....She had thought Ali never got knocked down...lol...It was the only one of their fights, that Ali lost.....Too bad that boxing has fallen off so much, but i do like MMA....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1186 Jun 27, 2014
Mea-Culpa...I forgot about the Italian match fixing....So we are down to German ,English and American officials as likely impartial...But before we get all high and mighty....Remember the NBA Ref ... who was fixing games and the NCAA point shaving scandles....
Ali is a hero....Frazier won the first fight, Ali the second and the third in Manila was the fight of the century...and it was Joe who couldn't get up offf his stool...They dont make warriors like that any more...Both of them..
I thought that the American militarry had a belief in "No man left behind...". Bergdahl was never charged with being AWOL... The man had odd habbits and may have been a full blown head case....that shouldn't matter....As usuall the Reichs propagandists lie Senate Reichfurher McCain ssid the guys we traded Bergdahl for were the "worst of the worst"... Turns out 4 are irrelevent and one just bad.. not the worst..oh well.. another day another delusion

Location hidden

#1187 Jun 28, 2014
Only some of the fixing they were addressing involved refs....mostly they can easily call a few penalty kicks.....it was more focused on turning 4-5 players, including a goalie on one team.....had to include a goalie.....fascinating stuff.....Yeah i recall the NBA ref,...Tim Something.... as i saw his book at the store.....Too bad boxing has fallen so much, and Ali-Frazier might have been the last zenith....Roberto Duran was my guy, especially the young, glaring with his black eye's Duran........Notice how Neil Cavuto on Fox, turned on Michelle Bachmann?....Another example of Fox possibly turning.....and possibly trying to solidify, the deep divisions within the GOP....Who knows?...lol....We've had so much rain, misquito's are everywhere....kinda limiting all my outside stuff, unless i drench myself in chemicals....Imagine, missing weeding?...lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1188 Jun 28, 2014
Duran v. Leonard was a second zenith... Those two fought as hard as Ali and Joe...Ray Mancini and livingstone Bramble had a war in Buffalo..Bramble held his title...But Mancini ignored the beating he took and nearly took back his belt on balls alone...had good seats ...
The GOP turning on itself is by an old script....the true believers have two choices when it's obvious that the radical agenda will not sell... You can adjust the agenda...But that involves admission that the things you ere screaming loudest about were incorrect....OR...You can hunt for those who had undermind the agenda....The 4th Reich is walking in the footsteps of the 3rd..."The night of the long knives"...A violent purging on the hard right...The non rabid v. the insane right wingers....
Speaking of the right wing and soccer...Did you get a chuckle at Coulter on the World Cup

http://totallyhistory.com/night-of-the-long-k...

Location hidden

#1189 Jun 28, 2014
As i recall Duran and Wilfredo Benitez, were both World Champs at 17.....Duran's earlier stuff was his best...Kenny Buchanen, do you remember him?.....They used to say Duran scared the shit outta guys, just by staring across the ring.....I liked Ray Mancini.....Hope all these guys have long, unscathed lives......We aren't gonna be able to use bayonets to solve, the far-reich teaparty drenched GOP.....lol....Have you noticed how democrats have somewhat minipulated some of these primarys?....That is one way to effect the problem......Why do i alway's wanna boink Ann Coulter's ears off, and it's only partially partisan........Boom.......Wat ching the Indy Cars, trying to race in the rain of Houston......

Buffalo, NY

#1190 Jun 28, 2014
I dont remember Buchanon...Duran had an astronomical number of fights.. I liked the way he would stalk an opponet... it was like a shark... I would sh*t my pants...That sport is a difficult way to make a living
Brazil is extremely lucky...That chilian player Pinilla Hitting the crossbar in ot ...Then failing again in OT... be a long time befoore he lives that down. Uruaguay got punished for Suarez sins... So it goes
I would love to see bayonets and hand granades used in the GOP's civil war....The nastier the better
The Black democrats saved the day in Mississippi...The guy who gave an Cochran fits is an AM talk radio host... i dont know if we are better off who knows...

Location hidden

#1191 Jun 29, 2014
Yeah, i kinda feel sad for the Chile guy, but it's better Brazil go thru....Wanna see some of Netherlands-Mexico today....You know, we likely get Argentina, is we get past Belgium?.....Did you see NHL draft?..FL picked first 18 yr old Matinee idol, defenceman....they need a lot....Too bad many Americans only remember Duran, by his Leonard fights....kinda like only seeing George Foreman, when he was north of 45.....lol....Mississippi is a state, where just about any change, is an improvement.....Dem's voting againest the stronger GOP candidate in the primary, so that the Dem kicks thier ass in the election....That is the kind of BS, brought forward, by the Reich's obstructive behavior.....Whatever it takes.....The GOP has done itself some harm by blocking, even a vote on the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill....especially with these illegal children flooding the news outlets, daily......

Buffalo, NY

#1192 Jun 29, 2014
Mexico and Costa Rica today....a big day for the MAC of soccer.... Like I hope some one in our group wins a game.... If i am looking at this as a player I would believe that we could win v. Belguim and then the cynic in me says ..."only to get crushed by Argentina".... So thats my prediction... Our group gets a Germany v. Argentina finish... Brazil v. Argentina in the final... Go with the hosts...
Maybe true than Leonard v. Duran was Robertto Somewhhat aged ... but those fights were great viewing... They were both great champions so... I can see why those fights are a landmark...
The Reich and its people cant see thousands of children they see thousands of little political footballs.. and they wannna kick them all
What the house has done with immigration disgusts me... I hope thier undocumented gardener stangles them in their sleep.

Location hidden

#1193 Jun 29, 2014
Glad Nederlands went through.....They were saying, Costa Rica has allowed only one goal so far....Wow.....We should beat Belguim, i would think....only ever been thru it on the train, between Paris and Amsterdam....My dad went to the World's Fair, Brussels in 1959....lol....I don't have the bracket here, but i like the Dutch over Germany....better herb...lol...just kidding, or am i?.......Leonard-Duran were good, and throw in Thomas Hearns...the big-hitter outta Detroit.....When i was like 8-9, they took me to a Sonny Liston workout, i barely recall it....See now where Obama was open to send the illegal kids back, but there is a bi-partisan law, signed by GW, that may restrict it......They had a great interview with Bill Clinton and NBC's David Gregory on, Meet the Press.....I still really like him....he seem's so honest and sincere, next to anyone on the right.....

Buffalo, NY

#1194 Jun 30, 2014
Bill Clinton could count and add which is very rare for a politician...hen it cae to numbers bill never deceived himself or us...That is why he had the only balalnced budget since LBJ... Ask him questions about where his weinie has been he might lie... but I would rather have a lie about sex than WMD....
Sending back kids is a touchy thing politicallly.. but the right has given the Presidentt so much wigglle room on immigration issues that he would have to have the kids shot in order to seem as nasty as the GOP
I hope we beat Belguim....don't be too confident...I was not impressed by the Dutch against the Mexicans... The Mexicans had them down and out plus Von Perscies looked injured... The Dutch need his right foot....The Greeks were made for the Costa Ricans...They are a punchless team that playes great D...And they have won their last game in Brazil

Location hidden

#1195 Jun 30, 2014
C'mon now Bull, i am sure none of us want anyone else to review our individual, "Weinie Chronicles"....eh?......S ending the kids back, is the only option....especially since the House refuses any immigration reform....Too bad really, because that bi-partisan Senate bill would likely really help the economy....Which the reich don't want, either.....Belguim is favored and has won every match so far....Costa Rica has done very well, for such a small country.....Seem's the refs might have heavily effected both of yesterdays outcomes.....Today, France is on.....Chris Rock say's Oprah should have won an Oscar for ...The Butler...cause she had to act like she was poor.....lol...i love that guy....

Buffalo, NY

#1196 Jun 30, 2014
Blue... I thought that the attempted coup v. Bill Clinton was the dumbest move of the century.... I asumed that the smart guys in the GOP would contain the feverish elements that Gingich swept in ... Was wrong when the tea party came along i was no longer under that illusion.... The Smart guys in the GOP can not stop the radicals... Grand pa was aa gruff old codger he used to say... "If you find that your pecker is in a pencil sharpener ... stop cranking"... It is amazing that the GOP hasn't figured that out.
So to put it nice and tight..No Blue, i can live with out comparing ... errr.... things...
France beat Nigeria an Amerrican refed.. i wasn't a perfedt game on his part but it was fairly called...which is all you could ask for... The Dutch are the team that won dirty...Robben tripped over a blade of grass...penalty shot & goal....Robben would have gotten a card if they had my instant replay for any foul or injury that stops play... It wouldn't delay the game because youv'e already stopped... Put that in and diving stops... As it stands now diving is a skill that is very widely practiced..

Location hidden

#1197 Jun 30, 2014
I had a post, years ago.....about Newt Gingrich and about 20 powerful House republicans, attending a Dinner at a D.C. establishment, on the eve of President Obama's Inauguration......Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor attended....a pact was made, that they would legislate solely to payback and detour any chance of a second term.....Ever since then, it has been treasonous....No Democratically introduced Jobs Bills allowed for 3 years......Watching Germany-Algeria and this does'nt look like one of the great German teams.....Know you love soccer, but i am not of the opinion, it could ever take anything away from NFL, NBA or even NHL.....Baseball is about even on the watchability scale....lol....Spell Check disagree's that i just made a new word, "watchability".....E SPN said the Dutch penalty was a culmination of several incidents, during the game.....

Buffalo, NY

#1198 Jun 30, 2014
Watchability... ok Soccer must have watchability....The USA v Portugal game had the highest ratings ESPN has has for any non NFL sporting event... You can't argue with math Blue...If you argue with math you will lose... Ask any Tea Bagger... They have a habit of argueing with math and losing... That said....I didn't say soccer is going to replace football in America's heart Nor Hockey in this old heart... But it is a pleasant little distraction...But If FIFA doesn't take steps against diving... and improving ref's USA fans will have trouble giving the game a big hug....
The far right of the GOP has made a religeous crusade against Obama ... It is so pathetic what these people a re willing to do...Hobby lobby for instance ... Sue because it "Violates their religeous beliefs" to provide conttaception coverage... Until ACA Hobby Lobby provided insurance that covered contraception...The Catholic Cult...In New York and a couple dozen others.. They were required to provide contraception...And they never complained...N.Y.'s Republican Gov. David Potaki mmakes you provide it...no problem...Obama does it and it's a constitutional crissis....gag me

Buffalo, NY

#1199 Jul 1, 2014
Those ratings we got..Clueless.. nuts...
They had to be drive-by ratings
Or someone has absolutely no life...

Location hidden

#1200 Jul 1, 2014
Those rating are partly about an only every 4 year event and i would believe the influx of hispanics and overall our more global population, too(reich killer..lol..)....Sorry but i liked to sweat to death...thought starting early potting plants....well, it's 86 at 10AM....geez.....Someone on a thread about it, said Hobby Lobby's insurance still pays for many contraceptives, just not the 4 that were in that case.....Kinda getting stoked about this afternoon...hope we can win...also listen to 4th of July....France-Germany and Colombia-Brazil.....Boooom.... ..That is the backup plan, if we lose.....the 4th is a tough time for our dogs....in this development, there is a dad that must spend like $2,000, on fireworks for his kids.....I was one of those kids once...lol....See where the Brown's are trying to get Johnny Football to turn it down a bit.....Cowherd call's him an entitled brat, and that Cleveland should have totally known that, when they drafted him....i agree....

Buffalo, NY

#1201 Jul 1, 2014
I was wondering about the rankings ...look you can call me nuts.. or what ever...that is so f*ckIng irrelevant...When a guy in a tin foil cap calls me nuts.. makes me feel good... When it's a guy who makes sense then i worry...
I can't find a link to Hobnyy Lobby still having contrceeptive in the insurance package they offer.... But the pension plan still invests in pharm's that manufacture the very contraceptives that they abhor.. and the China to Holly lobby cconnection is tight...Big part of their product is China made,,,,I wanna see Mr. Green the CEO get asked what percent of their product was made in Chinese prisons...
Onwards Christian soldiers.....
Cleveland had to know what Manziel' is like...if not they are the only football people in the NFL that havent....That would explain the browns sttring of Powerhouse teams... How ever if you are Cleveland and johnny Football is available late in the first round ..you gotta take him

Location hidden

#1202 Jul 1, 2014
Well, it's all over for us....Tim Howard played great, but Belgium seemed the dominant team, especially when that black guy came in, eh?.....Still interested in friday's games.....I think contraceptives like the Morning After pill and IUD's are the main culprits, as they are deemed abortive measures.....Seem's the GOP only cares about you, up to birth...after that, not so much.....Speaking about China...How bout that purge?.....The powerful just disappear....We should ask them to do some purge, in the House.....Paul Ryan?...Won't see him no mo.....lol.....I'm sure the Brown's know what they have, they just have to pray he does'nt do anything too bad, before pre-season camp.....Sorry our soccer team is done...especially since they said, Belgium has less population than Ohio....geez.......but smarter...lol......

Buffalo, NY

#1203 Jul 1, 2014
yes it is alll over and we both knew that it would end short of the Cup...Belguim had done everything but beat Howard could have been 3-0... It wasn't any given day I guess...On any given day Wondolowski buries the miss in the last seconds of regulation or Dempsey buries that cute little play they ran on the penalty kick in the waning seconds of extra time...But the bottom line is two old guys getting there monies worth watching world class atheletes ...
It was not the form of bith control that was made avaliable... Because when Republican gov. in New York & Arizona two name two signed into law nearly identical requirements..not a peep...This had ZERO to do with birth ccontrol of any type....this was juust another pathetic atttempt to trip up the President
NHL free agency the Sabres must spend $30 million to reeach NHL team min. So far signed Matt Moulson (LW Minn.) Cody McCormick (C Minn),, Brian Giaonta (RW Mont) And Josh gorges (D Mont)...with cash to burn

Location hidden

#1204 Jul 2, 2014
I thought Dempsey played outta his mind....a epic performance, and if anyone deserved to win, it was him.....Friday's two matches are still fascinating......You never acknowledged the NHL Draft....did you watch?.....I only know about Panther's guy.....MMA and possibly even baseball will have to fill the void now........You should send the hockey resume to Sabres...lol....For all the obstruction and reasons we've seen.....I have zero complaint for having to go outside the normal and sadly blocked legislative procedure....Obama should just cover his process, no reason to give them anything to bitch about.....These illegals in San Diego need to be flown to southern Mexico or where ever they originated.....dumping them, just back across the border is useless......We need comprehensive immigration reform immediatley.......GOP can never be forgiven for it's blockage for partisan reasoning.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WZZM13 - Plainfield Skating Rink closes (Jul '07) Apr 28 Danny 52
Local News Women (Apr '09) Apr 28 PedroVotes 2,888
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Apr 28 a commenter 1,172
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Apr 8 Disturbing 95
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Apr 7 Kimmie 12
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Apr 2 Fred 266
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Apr 2 lol 616

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages