College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1165 Jun 25, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Blue..if it is just the filter setting being screwed up then... iit,s just toopix being dumb...If it is one of the delusional Faux-Patriot...liars that infest the political section..the dumb that seeps from thier pores is why i don't bother with those discussions...
BUt...Blue...The quantity of politiics that we cover is small... almost beside the point... did you piss one or more of them off...?
If so...good job...
Did you see the Uruguayan... sink his teeth into the Italian?
3rd time for Suarez caught biting....I'd give him two years off.....Nobody is that slow of a learner.....What i meant is that the moderator, may be from this forum.....I've pissed several of them off...lol...They hate that i slam them with how well our economy has done, thanks to this administration, and despite teaparty House republican treachery and obstruction....lol....John Birch/Reich people love that....Same as you...I've been scaling back on topix....too many trolls and after awhile, they start believing eachother's lies.....Hope LeBron stays with the Heat, but he should get way more than Bosch and Wade.....Dwayne Wade needs to fix his knee or retire.....Looking forward to US/Germany...either way, i win...lol...

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1166 Jun 25, 2014
LeBron seems to have one foot out the door...I imagine the cash that he could bring in is damn near uncountable...I wish i could pocket of couple games of his pay...
Looking forward to Thursday noon
The high and mighty Wall Streeters have found something new to worry about... They fear the fact that investors aren't frightened...These guys stand FDR on his ear..."The only thing we have to fear is a lack of fear itself..."
In here the 4th Reich's stormtroopers have a tendency to enjoy themselves by leading us in circles with a lie...Example..."The first thing Hitler did in 1933 was take away the guns".....So you point out a half dozen times that.... The only major gun law under Hitler was a couple years after the take over and it eased regulation ... Finally with out acknowledging the truth the 'Glyubige,(gullible) move on to birther babble or some other long discredited pile of squat...Thus they are like Suarez... They bite and are repeat offenders...I do believe the strategy is to beat up the truth with a volley of lies...i began to feel dumb for chasing the lies down

Location hidden

#1167 Jun 25, 2014
I think the Heat are gonna work out an equitable deal, where the pay mirrors the output....Guys can't get paid on what they were, but aren't now....The Heat aren't the Lakers....lol.....Did you see Greece's win on penalty shot....Watching France, kinda listless.....Yeah, tomorrow comes Deutschland....zu kummen....To be honest about our GOP Reich...I've actually tuned out alot of their noise....I shoot headlines of our building economy, that is like Kryptonite, to them...lol....How serious can they be when they exist totally on criticizym and zero real production.....Ask any reichster, to show you any achievements from the GOP's in Congress?????.....Anything???. ....Dude, what are they gonna do with Suarez? He should be banned for years.....

Buffalo, NY

#1168 Jun 26, 2014
USA...USA..USA
I am as geeeked up on game day as I would be if it were UB Bowl game... A medal game v. Canada....
Been watching on CBC.. they have a superficially pro - USA rap and from time to time they lament the fact that Canada is a poor soccer country
I don't know what they will do with Suarez...The first two times it cost him a few games, and a suitcase full of money in that his open market price, his transfer fee dropped.. Toss him for a full year?...When he comes back make him wear the muzzzle that Hannible Lecther wore in "silence of the lambs'?
Can the Heat pay James what he is worth and keep the rest of the team intact? Over pay him and you will have turned the Heat into the Cavs playing under a new name...
As far as doing politicccs wwith thhee Reichs true believers...no thanks... They were weened on Rush... Say what ever sounds good to you at the moment...be shameless when caught in a lie... rather than feel shame they enjoy getting you pissed...the country is being destroyed by a bunch of adult children..

Location hidden

#1169 Jun 26, 2014
LOL....We must both get up @ 6 ?.......Yes, Canada should be better at alot of sports, you would think....also India and China, if by virtue of their billion people alone.....Michigan forward, Nik Stauskas, should be top-10 in tonight's NBA Draft. is from Canada.....I hope we could beat Germany, or at least tie....Germany is #2 ranked overall......I like 2 years and the Lechter muzzle for Suarez.....maybe a huge fine also, considering they are playing for $35 million dollars prize.....From what i see, James, Wade and Bosh all got 20 million each....I think James should get 22...Wade and Bosh about 12 each...that leaves some extra for others....Wade would have to get knee fixed....I love Dwayne Wade, as he is Chicago-Marquette connection and has had sick skills.....but, there comes a time, and i would'nt expect the Heat to be a stupid as the Lakers were resigning Kobe.......Surfed by Bill O'Reilly last night, he was actually defending Hillary from an ambush journalist....I love Dennis Miller, but hate him as an O'Reilly Sycophant....lol....Doing the Devil's bidding.....

Buffalo, NY

#1170 Jun 26, 2014
Blue 6am is sleeping in you will also find the odd post at 3 am...some nights a couple hours is all i see...
Miller is great as a comic...but his relentless snarky neo-con bit is gag producing...O'Riley defending Clinton...must be a day for the unusual...good omen for the game today...
How far can the Heat go if they have a team of James, Bosh and Wade teamed up with 9 min. wage stiffs? All 3 are getting older James has plenty of priime left but does Wade? Your far more in tuned with hoops than I am...but I have seen Hockey teams, like the Rangers used to be or Vancouver this year all loaded up on high priced talent and failing because the grunts were sacrificed to feed the stars,
I doubt that FIFA will punish Suarez to an extent that would placate us...But I do find comfort in the idea that that bite was a multi-million dollar snack...and it will haunt him ..Some soccer players would be meat in the NHL, fuses that are way too short...Remember Zidane's head butt late in the final a few years back? You arre a weak player if I can tallk you into something that catastrophic to your team...if you are I am on your ass and in your ear all game

Location hidden

#1171 Jun 26, 2014
Try later...topix would'nt post my long reply...I'm tuckered out trying to repost it....

Location hidden

#1172 Jun 26, 2014
... You should try to take naps, as they can fill in for some lost sleep....I take two PM, every nite, but still get up too early...i just try to stay in bed till 6, cause the dogs wake her up.....Wish Miller would continue standup, and skip Fox.....Wonder with the Megyn Kelly-Cheney bit and now O'Reilly ....if Fox may be evolving?.....God forbid, eh?...lol.....Be aware that part-timers on the Heat make $800,000 to $9 million....Feeling me now?...lol.....Lakers screwed up, they gave Kobe $25 million, in his waning years, plus he is coming off an Achilles...What an anchor for a team....Boston Bruins may be one of those type teams....many older players....Been noticing that Soccer has more flopping than anything, i have ever seen....even more than NBA.....Plus the officiating is edgy....Japanese players got trampled, a couple days ago.....sometimes seems like home cooking..........

Location hidden

#1173 Jun 26, 2014
...BOOOOMMMMM......

Buffalo, NY

#1174 Jun 26, 2014
Soccer does have inconsistant Refs..The Ref n soccer has more power than in any other sport... If it is his whim the game is 30 seconds longer or shorter... Internatonal hockey has the same problem refs from Slovinia aren't as qualified as NHL or even AHL refs......If i am in bluue i am on jet fuel now ...the pitch is going to be sooggy....
See you at half time

Location hidden

#1175 Jun 26, 2014
Getting into my naptime....lol...Germany seem's to have much better ball control....Howard is quite the goalie.....First Big King from Burger King....the extra bun means it all slides apart....last big king....lol...

Buffalo, NY

#1176 Jun 26, 2014
We win 0-1...LOL...Germany showed how large the skill difference is ...But I think that there is enough talent on the USA side to enclude them in the "on any given day... any given team... can beat an other given team"... I think it could have been better... but at the least we weren't sent home after the first round..according to ESPN it's Algeria or Belguim next

Location hidden

#1177 Jun 26, 2014
Yeah, i hate it when we have to play the Varsity, eh?....But, we still get to watch more?.....stretching the any given day credo...lol.....Glad ESPN is televising this Cup....they do good work, for a nonprofit....Tonight's the NBA draft...See Tim Lincicome threw his 2nd no-hitter? Pretty awesome for such a little guy....He's like a big jockey.......

Buffalo, NY

#1178 Jun 26, 2014
Don't believe that i am stretching that any given day rap...Didn't say it was likely...that's why they call it an upset...and I never said that it was remotely possible for that any given day thing fall 4 days in three weeks...thats called a delusion...Portugal and Belguim are roughly equal so it isn't out of the question...However the next game would be Arrgentina...If we slip past Belguim That will be the arse kicking...
The Cannibal gets a fine $118,000 and a world wide ban for 4 months he will miss games in the English league so that is a multi-million dollar chomp.
Tim is great pitcher and his last name is tough to spell...Throwing a no-hitter is an awsome feat...One of the toughest feat in sports..a pitcher will throw more than 100 pitches in a game..To not throw a single bad pitch in 100 is fantastic... Back in 1930's i think Johnny Van Der Meer threw back to back no-hiitters. I don't think that will ever happen again.

Location hidden

#1179 Jun 27, 2014
The Cannibal got his due, eh?....How can a rational human adult, allow himself the 3rd offense?....Maybe he likes the cannibal BS.....Bull, HBO has this series called, Real Sports....last nite they had a segment on how many matches are fixed and all the way to the top leagues....and i thought FIFA was the theif....Sorry, but i may be getting close to my saturation level on Futbol.....Heat got UConn guard Shabazz Napier....a great player for a team picking that late....Michigan lost two biggies...Oh well.....Football better come pretty soon...This is the deadzone of sports.....CIA's telling Obama that it is time to arm the moderate Syrian rebels....Whatcha think?....Even for the best of reasons, we seem unable to stay out of it.....

Buffalo, NY

#1180 Jun 27, 2014
Your Futball saturated state is understood a few weeks in a row of any sport does that...Soccer is something like boxing where the ref can change the result of a close match...Not as bad as figure skating where politics decides...I am amazed how sh*tty refs are when they are foreign ... It seems tthat the NHL refs never favor North American teams but put a Russian in as ref and it's a crapshoot...
Obama had good reason to not arm the Syrian rebels...If he had armed them as Senate Reichfuhrer Herr McCain was screaming... a good portion of that hardwear would have ended up in the hands of ISIS...ISIS is the most effective anti-Assad force. And they have been poaching land arms and men from the 'moderate' anti-Assad forces... If we can assist a side that has a chance of winning..whatever winning is there...go ahead but please remember we financed the likes of Osama bin Laden when we indiscriminate in Afghanistan...
On NPR i heard a report of Assad helping the radicals by concentrating his forces on the moderates...at the same time as isis...Also very disturbing is the El-Maliki statement that he welcomed Assads Air Force hitting targets inside of Irraq...At the same time as he welcomes Irainian help...I can't see the wisdom in spending billions more propping up this man

Location hidden

#1181 Jun 27, 2014
NHL Draft on NBC Sport at 7.....Panthers pick first, i believe.....Yeah, soccer seem's to only have 1-2 refs on the field, they could use more....It's like the NBA for flopping....So, you never heard about any match fixing in Soccer?.....Did i tell you i met former Wolverine All-American, Anthony Carter, in the parking lot, where my wife works....He was smiling and pointing at my front Go Blue plate....Told him i was a big fan...Turn's out he is from down here, but was wearing Michigan gear....lol...too cool.....I believe the NPR report, you spoke of.....Everyone wants Assad dead, so we need to work toward that goal.....Do you know, Iraq only supplies 4% of the global crude output? Spending too much blood and treasure there, sound's like a mistake to me, anyway.....
Pat

Montgomery, MN

#1182 Jun 27, 2014
I think Ohio has a very good chance to be number 1

Buffalo, NY

#1183 Jun 27, 2014
I have heard a lot about match fixing in soccer...My understanding is that it is an ingrained part of the sport in the 3rd world...And that I has reached higher up...There was a ESPN on the Columbian leauge being a toy of the cocaine barons... I know that the choice of sites 8 years hence is a joke... That is a dagger pointed at FIFA's heart... However my bet is that the major leauges like The English, Italian and German leagues deliver an honest game...World cup refs should be strictly picked on merit if they are all English and German so be it...
If I ran FIFA I woulld mandate aa quick video review of any foul when ever it stops play... If the fouled player dove...yellow card... All but the truely injured would hop to their feet... And i would zealously guard the Cups integrity....
Sounds like a mistake to me too

Buffalo, NY

#1184 Jun 27, 2014
Pat wrote:
I think Ohio has a very good chance to be number 1
Ohio #1?
The Bobcats will be third in the MAC east behind Bowling Green and Buffalo....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 15 hr a commenter 3,377
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 19 hr Yo Just Me Here 1,239
News a oeIa ve been called a race traitor:a Hispanic... May 15 wxmitvweb 6
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) May 13 Dick in Uranus 269
News Missing Constantine girl found dead in cemetery (Nov '07) May 13 Dick in Uranus 149
I am god of Uranus, speak almighty toothless one! May 13 God of Uranus 1
Why we have illegal immigration. May 13 Jewish Mexican Ba... 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages