“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1121 Jun 11, 2014
The Las Vegas shooters...both man and wife pulled the trigger...Bundy threw the two of them off the ranch ...Bundy's son said they were too radical and dangerous... Too radical for Bundy... itt hurts your brain to contemplate that one...Along with the Tea Party Babble flag Was the swastika... The Nazi battle flag... There is a lot of symbolism in that picture....
But the Tea Party wont die, The radicals took down Eric Cantor in the GOP primary in Va. The tea party and the GOP's handling of it must be an issue is the democrats want to win...GOP radicalism could do the trick
Spurs shot tthe lights out last night... I watched most of the first half... It looked like they couldn't miss if they were blindfolded...
The Kings have a great all around team...I don't think Montreal or Boston was going to beat them either...,,The second best team this year was clearly chicago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1122 Jun 11, 2014
Wild Bill Hickok used to alway's sit in a saloon, back to the wall...where he could see the entrance....Too bad those Cops did'nt do that....and the guy in Walmart with the CCW, did'nt count on a 2nd shooter.......They were at Bundy's long enough to give NBC an interview....Bundy want's to distance himself, just like Hannity wanted to distance himself from Bundy...lol...Much as i did'nt care for Cantor, he would work across the aisle....His loss, signals the teaparty are far from done.....GOP may need to win back their own party, as they are seriously divided......Spurs beat them up, eh?...Still say, Spurs in 6.....Too bad the Cup final was'nt Chicago-LA......they were much closer matched....Had 2nd cataract done, yesterday,,,,smooth sailing so far.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1123 Jun 12, 2014
Hoping for optimum results on the cataract job...How long before you know how well iit worked?...Sometimes you just now... tthe discjob in my neck...wake up and i had a smile on my face...A buddy and the wife are there they knew it worked before i was fully awake...
Lundqvist stole the Rangers a game too bad it wasn't game #2 or #3 The Kings will win at home always a nice touch...
The Tea party isn't done yet... but i think that it has seen it's high point and is now in retreat. I was reading up some on the guy who beat Cantor sounds like 75% of the reason for that result is immigration... That seems to be the fault line that is ripping the GOP apart...
My uncle was a cop in Arizona and he said he always followed the Wild bill Cody rule...But that may not have helped... i beieve the couple was already inside
World Cup starts in a few minutes

Location hidden

#1124 Jun 12, 2014
The first was a breeze....this one was easy, but is not perfect, quite yet.....Weird thing is i haven't had either contacts or glasses, since i was 24....Now nothing!!!....At least for awhile, as i will need reading help...but driving around has been totally cool.......Like you say about your neck...you kinda know.....Have we ever discussed that the Manning family's neck/spine problems, may be genetic?....Yeah, i watched and Lundquist was awesome....at least putting off the inevitable....LA winning at home is special, even more so in hockey, eh?.....The republicans and especially the teaparty are in outer space on immigration....We have to allow those that were brought here young, and have prospered as citizens.....it's not even a question.....You are totally right, they will continue to be counter-productive, until that issue is resolved....Without any detail, your uncle and i likely had many shared experiences...Nudge Nudge...Wink..Wink......I was'nt always in business.....I'm calling Heat win tonite....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1125 Jun 13, 2014
Sure am glad to hear that your cataract job is satisfactory... Not being ble to see well must have sucked... Have had glasses for reading for yers now...but my vision gets bit worse every year the lens in my glasses are bit stornger.
The neck injuries in the manning family may have more to do with occupation than injury... But there are genetic conditions that include narrowing of tthe spines nerve canal....but my bett it is the families football history that is the culprit...
The situatioon in Iraq has become critical again.. More bitter fruit from W's biggest mistake...The President hinted at some kiind of a US role in preventing the fall of the unstable and corrupt, pro Iranian gov't... McCain s saying..."see we should have stayed on"...Both the President and the doddering old fool mcCain are heads up their butts wrong...To go back in just enough to hold off the inevitable is foolish and we have already proven that an extended stay is even dumber still..

Location hidden

#1126 Jun 13, 2014
John McCain was wrong on every facet of Iraq....supporting the bogus intelligence, we went in on........arming the Syrian rebels, some of which have now turned on Iraq.....Wow, that is spectacular logic....we paid for the arming of both sides now.....55,000 Iraqi military and police, surrendered and ran, rather than actually fight 9,000 ISIL fighters......Incredible.....I feel Obama is right, in that if they refuse to defend their country, after all we have spent and done....well then, there isn't much we can do.....You and i both knew, all along...Iraq and Afghanistan are both blowing up, as soon as we leave....Obama has to talk a bit tough, for effect......Bought normal sunglasses today...lol...what a thrill......Last night's Heat loss was pretty crucial, i think......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1127 Jun 13, 2014
The amazing thing about McCain being wrong GAIN is the fact the he man seems to have no shame about it and no memory of it... The thought that we can send in the marines and straighten out any mess any where any time is so last generation...so unworkable I can't believe that some people still think it works.. So Maliki has invited Irainian military in to save his ass... If we defend him now..all we would be doing is Iran's dirty work for them ... Let the ungrateful bastard hang and let the Iraqi's do he hanging
The kings are about to close out the Rangers... I cann feel it you could see iit in the way the Rangers ran out of gas in game 4 and had to have Lundqvist save them
Saw Netherlands v. Spain the goal that Von Percies scored in the first half for tthe dutch was special... A diving header... hose guys are fantastic athletes

Location hidden

#1128 Jun 14, 2014
Kings are a righteous Champion, big and grinding.....Chi-LA was probably the real final, eh? Wish i coulda made it past the first overtime.....Sad for Lundquist, though.....Now called the Flying Dutchman....that was remarkable, and the bald player that drove right up thru the middle.....My late grandfather would have been moved...we are Ger-Dutch family.....Italy-England at 5:30 look's promising.....I agree that McCain is starting to seem too dodering and forgetfull,,,,no memory of regretable military engagements, at all....scary....If Maliki would have included the Sunnis...even in a moderate degree....he might have avoided the coming bloodbath.....Bull, our intelligence has shown that ISIS is doing all this with under 9,000 fighters....and we left and Iraq military numbering one million......f'ing incredible.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1129 Jun 14, 2014
The Kurds and the Sunni's will carve out thier own little countries and then they can fight wars over ownership of the oil... The cowardice and corruption of the Iraqi army iisn't that shocking ... they were a mercenary army from the beginning....A guy will risk his life for a cause ...If you only believe in cash...you run...Look at what happened to the Army of South Vietnam which unlike Iraq had many very competent units... The inclusion of unwilling and paid conscripts and a corrupt gov't rots the entire army....
Been mowing the lawn in sections... watching some World Cup in between...Maybe go to 'franks sunny Italy' for dinner... When you eat at Franks not only is the food greatt but the doggie bag weighs 45 pounds.....
The Kings are genuine champs and the only team that could have beaten them was Chicago....I wonder how they manage to pay a team that loaded and stay under the cap

Location hidden

#1130 Jun 14, 2014
Many said, years ago that the best solution for Iraq, is actually three smaller countries.....evidently the Allies had a hand, in also drawing up borders, after WW II......Why do we insist on involving ourselves?....I agree about the army, but i think religion is more the fuel, than cash or country.....Saw Costa Rica score on a great penalty shot......Franks sound's great, and i love doggy bags...lol....I spread five bags of topsoil along the swail, thus assuring that our daily rains would stop....also grilled some pork country ribs for tonite.....We have a Big-10 channel, and i watched some of the Spartans beating on the Buckeyes....could watch that on a loop....lol....Watch out for those DT's...over hockey bein over.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1131 Jun 14, 2014
Saw some of Uruguay and Costa Rica...Those fellows played physical ball...Then saw then end of Englnd v. Italy both were entertaining games.
no nil-nill games....
Franks was great as always Chicken parm ... with tomorrows lunch taken care of...Son had fetticucini Alfredo and the wife... Baked Ziti.... I would give it 5 stars
The phoney borders drawn up by the european colonial powers have been a bigger pain iin the ass than communism ever was...the Middle East and Africa have been completely scrambled by this european reflex...And fool Americans who can learn from european mistakes...
If colonial expansion wasn't so lucrative the world map would have looked different...and the world maybe more peaceful

Location hidden

#1132 Jun 15, 2014
Saw a bit of both Japans and England's losses.....I grew up on too much Ziti, still hard to look it in the eye...lol.....Love and miss my mom, but she had like 6-7 dishes, that reappeared on a loop....Round steak and green peppers, still haunt me....lol....Imagine us joining forces with Iran, to arrest the attack on Iraq?....As far as the borders...once this settle's down...we should moonwalk home, and just let this region form into the way they want, minus outside input.....Afghanistan is something we did'nt learn from the russians getting their ass kicked...What if history shows that going into Afghanistan was actually prompted by our Military-Industrial complex and a deep desire to do a armaments test againest a common foe of the Russians?.....too far fetched?....Where is Tom Clancy when we need him?...lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1134 Jun 15, 2014
I hear you about your mom repeating dinners endlessly... luckly mom made geat meattsause and passed that on to my wife..Her beef stew was very passable as well...but there was a tuna casserole that has destroyed my ability to enjoy Tuna...I do the same basic meat loaf.. All of us repeat what ever works
Got to disagree on Afghanistan....That was W.'s legit war...They were shielding Osama Bin Lauden and thus they make themselves targets... The fact that the same set of judgements havent been applied to the Pakistani's can only be written up as being realist...And reality is totaly inconsistant so are we... Iraq is attributable to the failing of W and neo-Con policy concepts... the idea that we can MAKE you into a democracy is dangerous... Clancy is a great novelist who had an inside with in the military thus always stuck me to me a spokes person for that Military-industrial complex... maybe i missed it but he was a neo con wasn't he?

Location hidden

#1135 Jun 15, 2014
Yet Osama Bin Laden was found in Pakistan....turn's out he had been there for almost a decade.....more faulty intelligence, plus the corrupt Pakistan system.....They don't slap Pakistan, due to the India-Pakistan balancing act....Yeah, we should have a new law....that the words, Nation and Building, may never be used together....lol....My Grandmother taught both my wives, fried chicken and alotta good stuff....She was the closest one, for me.....I've loved many Clancy books, Red Storm Rising was my fave....He came up with and continued to socialize with many in the Pentagon, especially Navy Intelligence.....the downside was, he would go off on these heavy-tech angles, that were tough.....I liked Dale Brown also.....Not sure all the exmilitary are neo-cons.....seem's many Vietnam Vets aren't really that hungry to spend US blood on foreign conflicts.....even if several suitup for teaparty events.....Caught "Empire Of The Sun", a great Speilberg flick today....Christian Bale was a Star, from his first film.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1136 Jun 16, 2014
Yes Osama was found in Pakistan yet prior to 9\11 he was with no room doubt a guest of the Taliban...Thus i find it reasonable to give W. a free pass on that war...There may have been fault intelligence there too... but the faults weren't bald faced fabrications...The part that i hold W. responsible for begins at Tora Bora when we pivoted away from where we could reasonably assume Bi Laden to be and began to chase WMD that any one paying any attention KNEW weren't there.
I never said Clancy was a poor writer... But that he maintained cozy relationships with the military throughout ... If the angle his writing took had offended the complex he would have been kept at arms length... No not all ex-military are neo-con but 99% of ex-military don't maintain close working relationships within the military...
Never saw Empire of the sun... had heard lots of good things about it...
USA game at 5:30 today...so far other than huge rain storms Brazil can claim a success in hosting the cup...How ever I have to agree with the protesters in this way...With the poverty in that country was the excess of building a soccer palace in the middle of the Amazon really that wise??

Location hidden

#1137 Jun 16, 2014
Yeah, it really turn's out that Saddam was doing a decent dictator job...in keeping the factions apart.....except for smokin the Kurds, and the monster sons....lol.....Why do we feel required to tamper?......I have a theory, that G.W.'s recent painting success, is in fact a mental health program...designed to make the awful headaches stop....the one's that come, when he remembers things......All photos of Dick Cheney, have been removed from the house, for the same reason.....lol....Where's Peter Sellers?......I think Clancy kept his stories, just a tad off center, in order to not tempt fate with his sources....a balancing act.....Yeah, Brazil is one of those countries that just make the poor squatters, by taking their ghetto, and turn it into something for the World Cup or after that, the Olympics.....a common M.O for places like that....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1138 Jun 16, 2014
The gov't of Brazil seems to believe that the prestige and good will ggenerated by the Cup and Olympics will make 20% of it's population forget that they live in tin shacks...and that the bottom 20% wish that they had tin shacks...If Brazil's team were to bomb out as bad as the Russian hockey team in the olympics the country could become ungovernable....I have a feeling that some day soon the poor in Brazil may express some anger...
Saddam did a good job of the dictators #1 job keeping himself in power... he also had done us a big favor keeping the Irainians amused and occupied for so long...
I wonder how much regret W. has as he watches Iraq come apart... The closest he came to repenting is when he signed off on the finding that there were no WMD program active in Iraq...Saddam was telling the truth....of course W. then said the war was all about human rights...

Location hidden

#1139 Jun 16, 2014
Not only that, but Bush put both wars on Obama's tab....incredible....History will not be kind to GW.....U.S. just scored a goal, in 53 seconds from the beginning....remarkable....Spu rs in 5, instead of 6.....they are a great group, with likely the best coach in the NBA.....Heat looked old and tired.....Unless Dwayne Wade can fix his knee, he should retire....Did you know Rio police had death squads, that killed many of the criminal street kids?....We all talk about the poor and it's sad, but there are often certain other factors involved.....I'm surprised with all the volatile talk, we haven't discovered some vigilantism, right here in Anytown, USA......I'm telling you, Bull....G.W. is kept in some kind of peaceful place now, just so he won't hear all the voices.....;meds at night....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1140 Jun 16, 2014
That was a fun game to watch...In the second half when we fell back on Howard and let them come at us i was thinking the worst... It's hard to defend a lead on your heels... Portugal is next Germany destroyed them and they had an injury and a suspension they will either quit or get mad and kick our ass...I wonder if Jurgen wishes he had Donavan...
I read that the Brazilian police were ruthless there... any one who looked suspisious and anyone the police just didn't like for other reasons was rounded up.....I read an account in a Catholic paper of priest from Rio a bit back.. This was while i was getting bloodwork done at our Catholic health care facility...With a pope who understands these conditions... I expect this kind of thing should be high on his agenda...right?... so llawless justice in Brazil isn't justice ... Blue we already have had vigilantism right here in the good old USA... The Ku Klux Klan was a sizable vigiliante organization...I believe that isn't who you had in mind...but...what I mean one mans vigiliante is a second mans domestic terrorist.. i am sure many a wacko has pulled the trigger with the thought that they might be mistaken for one.

Location hidden

#1141 Jun 17, 2014
Loved that win, even the way it played out....except as you say, the allowing Ghana to hang out in front of our goal, too long.....Maybe Altidore's injury will lead to a Landon Donovan call up?.....Brazil-Mexico look's interesting today.....Brazil is a fascinating place, i think...Cococabana beach is said to be outrageous hottie watching.....Usual corruption and overpopulation...often the police mirror the society they serve.......No excuse, just reality....I've been all over Europe and Asia, yet never S.America, Africa or Middle-East.....no desire, buy Brazil and Colombia look interesting.....We likely would'nt agree on the Church's role in the 3rd world......Remember the Clint Eastwood movie, Magnum Force?.....My vigilante action would combine several wealthy leading citizens, a police department and a backhoe, in the middle of a large pasture.....It's the bestseller, still unwritten...lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 33 min Times are a Changing 2,842
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 4 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 4 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 59
Bengazi is back 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 108
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 10 hr JustA_person 26
Local News Women (Apr '09) 17 hr intothegrv 2,306
three white guys get wacked . . . Thu bobolinq 1
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••