College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1082 Jun 1, 2014
Yeah, Michigan eventually got knocked off by Kutztown....who lost to Cal in the final....it's a fascinating sport.....Yeah, we don't like anything about OSU, except their history of NCAA violations.....lol....Police jobs used to be almost impossible to get...so surprised that so many guys screw it up, and usually by offenses that guarantee, they will never be cops again....I almost alway's support Law.Enforcement., except Palm Beach County has a sheriff that is a master at making questionable fatal deputy shootings, alway's justified.....maybe edgy?....I would still side with cops over most scumbags.....Alotta crap gets caught on dashcams and cels like you say....Sound's like you still have a carryover of the corruption, that was fairly common in the Northeast....I remember how awful Philly was for decades.....Used to be locked interrogation rooms, were where so much justice was delivered.....lol.....2 hours to puck drop...Hope Hawks win, cause i could care less about NY-LA.....lol......

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#1083 Jun 1, 2014
I see u$c pulled a Donald Sterling today,

a full page ad congratulating themselves for finally winning 100 NCAA Championships.

Funny 7 years AFTER MIGHTY UCLA did it,

And u$c started 39 years BEFORE MIGHTY UCLA.(1880 vrs 1919) so you could say it took u$c 46 years longer to win 100 Championships the MIGHTY UCLA BRUINS.

LMFAO.
Fight On

West Covina, CA

#1084 Jun 1, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
I see u$c pulled a Donald Sterling today,
a full page ad congratulating themselves for finally winning 100 NCAA Championships.
Funny 7 years AFTER MIGHTY UCLA did it,
And u$c started 39 years BEFORE MIGHTY UCLA.(1880 vrs 1919) so you could say it took u$c 46 years longer to win 100 Championships the MIGHTY UCLA BRUINS.
LMFAO.
Mighty FUCLA 20 Tiddlywinks Titles. 11 bought and paid for illegal BB titles compliments of Sam Gilbert and Mafia boss John Wooden.....Yeah plenty to be proud of ya hommo!....LMFAO!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#1085 Jun 1, 2014
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Mighty FUCLA 20 Tiddlywinks Titles. 11 bought and paid for illegal BB titles compliments of Sam Gilbert and Mafia boss John Wooden.....Yeah plenty to be proud of ya hommo!....LMFAO!
Look whos calling the kettly black troll, 46 years more than MIGHTY UCLA and still 11 behind troll! u$c sucks and the MIGHTY BRUINS own your sorry arse 38 to 28 and 35 to 14 ls years a hole.. we own your sorry butts
LMFA.....losers

Location hidden

#1086 Jun 2, 2014
Well Bull....it was like watching a slow death, but at least i survived, too bad the Hawks did'nt....You were right about Hawks-Kings, and ESPN's Barry Melrose also said, they were the two best organizations in hockey and predicts Kings over Rangers in 6.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1087 Jun 2, 2014
Melrose could use a new hair cut. Someone should tell him the mullet is so retro-Canadian... But under the funny hair is a good hockey mind. 6 games if Lundquist can steal 2 games... What the Rangers do have going for them is the Kings have played a lot of tough minutes this spring... Dan Marino is here sitting in for Jim Kelly . Every year Dan comes up for Jims charity golf event. This year Dan was prominate, thank you Dan...
Soccer junkie that you are... your weekly fix ...The winning streak stopped in Montreal 2-0. Bobby was left naked on a break away, and had a meaty rebound put past him. He will want to forget that one.

Location hidden

#1088 Jun 2, 2014
I think you were watching a montage of his appearances and predictions....he alway's say's 6 games...Lundquist is about the only Ranger i know about.....Marino is a really great guy, and he does a ton of charity work down here....His son, like Kellys, suffers from something? Poor Bobby...seem's like soccer goalie is a tough position, as the goals are semi-huge....Saw USA 2-1 over Turkey in a friendly, whatever that means.....lol....Do you recall the name of the rugby movie, with Matt Damon?....Cal ended up winning that 7's tournament....

Buffalo, NY

#1089 Jun 2, 2014
Invictus was the name of that film...Matt Damon was excellent...it is the title of a poem by William E. Henley...This is perhps in my humble opinion...Best sportts movie ever..Requiem for a Heavyweight..is perhaps as good both ahead of chariots of fire...ect....
Being a soccer goalie is a tough job...In Montreal the first goal came about 2 minutes in and after the second the game was over...rare that 2 goals doesn't get you a win... The team infront of Bobby has jelled..now the hard part is coming.. it is sometimes very hard to play well behind a good team...
The Rangers do have some players beyond Lundquist but they just wont match up well with the Kings...LA has 6 P.K. Subbans on their defense...
Dan showing his class is appreciated...He did the MC job at the golf tourny...posed for the media...ect... and a nice visit with Jim...

Location hidden

#1090 Jun 3, 2014
I want to see Invictus, next time it plays....thanks.... Mine are The Natural, For The Love Of The Game and also Requiem For A Heavyweight...the one with Anthony Quinn and Jackie Gleason, Mickey Rooney......also maybe, Jim Thorpe with Burt Lancaster.....PTI yesterday was talking that the Goalie is so crucial in hockey, much like the pitcher or quarterback.....I've been overseas, during the World Cup and realize how big a deal, it is......Guys drunk as hell in Munich at 10 AM, or Loud as shit bars in Asia at 4 AM.....In Germany it is common practice for businessmen, downing a few beers at the train station koisk, on their way to work....lol....I love Germany......Yeah, i think Kings in 5-6 games, You?.....Thoughts on Heat-Spurs?.....I'm taking Spurs in 6 games.....they are such a class act, especially Popovich.....

Buffalo, NY

#1091 Jun 3, 2014
In Requiem Quinn was perfect, never better...Gleason was great.. Who ever it was that cast that movie deserved an oscar...The Natural....Really? The film has great home town appeal... The money Redford put into the rock pile enabled our relic to remain home to our AAA baseball team for years ....but the saccharine ending with Hobbs home run putting out the lights....aww come on...
Kings in 6....My reservation is Lundquist... Thee Rangers don't get past either Pittsburg or Montreal with out him being a brick wall...
The Buffalo News this morning carried an article that choked me up...you will like the bit that Schnellenberg contributes.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/06/03/witho...

Location hidden

#1092 Jun 3, 2014
Chariots of Fire....ZZzzzzzzz....ZZZzzzzzz .....ZZzzzzzzzz...... Sorry...lol...To really see Gleason's talent range, see Gigot someday.....He even wrote the music.....When i was a kid in Miami Springs, we used to occasionally see him on his custom golfcart,,,it had a bar...Saw a great article once, about the lifelong friendship he had with Toots Shorr in NYC.......Schnellenenberg, like Kelly is a real class act...He built the football program at one of my schools...Florida Atlantic University.....What a voice......Sure hope Kelly can survive this, including those treatments...He sure has the heart of a Champion.....BTW, Las Vegas betting line, Browns with more wins with Hoyer, less wins with Manziel....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1093 Jun 3, 2014
Blue I agree with you onn chariots of fire...Very languid pace and suprisingly light and airy....But it is mentioned higly when sperts based movies are brought up...Other popular movies that get a big thumbs down are Rockey II through XXI or what ever it's up to now...Stallone crapped all over a good first effort by miliking the tits off that cow....Annd thhat series that ran on the 1977 NY Yankees was ..ehhhh..not so great...
Was at the store a few minutes ago the College football season previews are on the shelf.. It seeems like it is so early but beeing a sucker I picked up the Lindy preview...They have Michigan 3rd in their divison. They arre very harsh with Hoke...having lost 6 games 4 of the last 6 years has taxed the natives. Last year after 5-0 going 2-6 does put Hoke on the hot seat... The Bulls are ranked 3rd in the MAC east and on the bowl bubble... for us they Love the QB Licata saying cool under pressure and strongest arm in the confrence ...but loss of Mack should hurt the D

Location hidden

#1094 Jun 3, 2014
Biggest snoozers?...The English Patient ZZzzzz......lol....Bang The Drum Slowly....Did you ever see...For the Love of the Game?...with Kevin Costner?.....In like 1968, Girlfriend and i both fell asleep during, 2001 A Space Odyssey....only the music woke us up...lol...Stallone and Swartzenegger to a lesser degree, have become charactures of themselves....Hollywood and how it works, is responsible for part of that....Yeah, i would think Brady Hoke is feeling some heat...his recruits are coming up to bat and they better be good.....May i ask, what they say about Michigan State and Miami Hurricanes?....Glad your Bulls are in the MAC, as i know that conference, a bit.....Gator softball girls are kinda hotties....if you like that kinda thang.......

Buffalo, NY

#1095 Jun 3, 2014
The florida pitcher had good form... Have you ever tried to hitfast pitch soft ball the ball is on you in a second...tough to do...The diifference between Staallone and Swartzeegger is Arnold knows he is a cartoon... If you want to see a movie that is tough to watch get a load of Stallone as a union organizer...It was called "Fist"... damn near unwatchable..Also amongst the worst movies ever filmed was "the roadie" starring Meatloaf and Art Carney
Lindy has Michigan state 2nd in the divison and #7 in the country... Ohio State is #5... State's Defense has graduation hurdles to clear...They expect connor Cook to goose up the ofense....
Miami is #1 in tthe Coastal divison #27 in the country They are wary of Miami's qb's... FSU is #1 in Lindy's eyes
Call me a dinosauer but it just isn't right seeing maryland in the Big 10

Location hidden

#1096 Jun 4, 2014
I pitched in our school's slow pitch all-star game, had a pitch that went way up with spin, and came down, 1-2 feet right behind homeplate....killer...guys used to hit it straight up or into the dirt...lol...I one-hit the Jr's as a Senior......We used to smash those guys at gym hockey.....My dad loved bodybuilding, so i saw Arnold live at a contest in Miami Beach...You know he was a God in that circle, way before movies....I loved Conan....Raider, Ben Davidson is one of the bad guys......I would expect MSU at Wisconsin toward the top of the Big-10...Penn State keeps that Qb and he is super......FSU #1 is only if Jameis does'nt screw up.....We likely disagree, but i love those weird uniforms that Maryland and Oregon wear.....Maryland will be better than Indiana or Illinois usually are.....Nebraska still seem's strange to me.....

Buffalo, NY

#1097 Jun 4, 2014
i liked Arnold's roles...Terminator and Conan he Barbarian were junk food...You may like it but it can't be big part of the diet...I thought Wilt was suited for his role as well...
i gotta gag on Maryland and Oregon...after you say you like those duds you can't complain about some one looking 'strange'...BTW Nebraska's uni's are ugly but not strange...I'll take the simple and classic looks... Oklahoma, Arkansas and FSU are all great looks
Darrius our pro bowl DT may have run out of I'm sorry's...We was busted in Alabama with synthetic marijuana..very popular with pro athletes because is is not tested for...but it is a felony...yesterday he wass drag racing with Jerry Hughes a back up DL and Darrius crashed..left the scene..This happened after practice about 4 pm...and at one of the most congested places in in Orchard Park...What are supposed to do with this crap trade him to the 49ers for Aldon Smith?

Location hidden

#1098 Jun 4, 2014
I liked, Predator.....Penn States classic uniforms suck....maybe Syracuse too....lol....Only in a Alabama or Texas, could synthetic marijuana be a felony....still, there is something squirrely about that charge?.....Time for pot to be dropped from the VERBOTTEN list, anyway....Geez, where is the player's union on this archaic behavior?.....this master/slave thought process?.....WTF, where is NORML? Thought they were on the case?...Talking about screwups...how about Justim Blackman, suspended on the Jags much of last year, and now for start of this season....lol....And the Cowboys are ready to sign their thug receiver to a huge contract........Cowboy's sniffing Urlacher to replace Sean Lee....If Bears could have kept him, for just last season, their year may have been a bit different....That was where they got creamed on D...

Buffalo, NY

#1099 Jun 5, 2014
I enjoyed the terminator and the Conan series.... There are prts where Arnold aknnowledges his status as a liviing cartoon...Wilt Chamberlain was efffective in his role...
Another game another OT...This is why we love Hockey ....Realistically the Rangers had to win game one...The Kings showed some fatigue and played awful in the first period...Doughty is the best drfenseman on the planet and he was toasted on the first goal... And Slava Voynov the best European defenseman this side of Chara kicked in the second..
Syracuse does not have classic uni's they are a school thhat has worn 6 different sets of uni's in the last 10 years...They stopped thier classic look years ago... Penn State is just too plain...we had a Penn State assistant as a head coach we wore Penn States uni's for 6 years...It was awful to see when we went to Penn State.. way too much plain and simple..
I dont know if Urlacher has much quality football left in him...He played a toughh game rough on his body

Location hidden

#1100 Jun 5, 2014
That kicked in goal, was a killer....especially after Quick had made the save....That win, likely erased some bad feelings, eh?....Yeah, you are right....it was crucial that NY won that game....I'd guess the Kings kinda cruise from here.....Hard to believe the last two Pink Floyds are pissed at the Rolling Stones for playing in Israel.....Have you ever seen the Brit or Aussie Pink Floyds? Greatest cover bands ever.....Syracuse's Orange and navy are one of the worst color combinations ever....As a fan, i would rather they play with the uni's than kill extra points and screwup kickoffs.....Penn States uniforms are like those of the opponents in movies.....kinda non-descript, unidentifiable....lol.....Dolp hin's had an excellent middle LB, Jon Offerdahl....great instincts, body broke down early....made a fortune with killer bagel joints down here.....German grandmother taught him....lol...life is funny sometimes....

Buffalo, NY

#1101 Jun 5, 2014
i do remember Offerdahl he had a couple of years that seemed to bbe dedicated t killing Buffalo... I have a feeling that would be Urlachers fate should he come back..seriously the only defense I could see him prosper in is Detroit's...Playing behind Fairley and Suh would enable him to get a clearer shot at maaking plays..
Navy and Syracusee have revolting color schemes...Also i have always dis liked LSU's duds the wife dislikes the Michigan helmet logo.she wonders what is the story behind it... I cant tell her what it means..
So Sterling will take hs $2B , forget his lawsuit and just fade away...
He had no Idea he was being recorded and never said the N word
overkill as far as NBA's punishment....
Sterling has a soft racism....a toleralable intolerance....
Here is the real deal...From a suburb of Buffalo....
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 5 hr WMNewsfan 3,179
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Sat Nkl 55
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) Jan 17 Kelly Joanne Cannon 2,851
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jan 14 Wren 1,215
News Trump to end campaign in Michigan Monday with G... (Nov '16) Jan 12 Oneal 25
Why are Christian Reformed people idiots? (May '11) Jan 11 nowiknowbetter 177
Sick of the Bernstein Advantage? (Jun '09) Jan 1 Magic markers 24

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages