College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2536 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1061 May 25, 2014
Liked Angel Heart too ... Lisa Bonet was...ummm impressive in that film...Roarke is a wild card...Like Nicholas Cage...some movies that they are in are damn good and some are regrettable....Kings took game 3 and now we will see if the Blackhawks have it in them this year...
the GOP lost it's mind when Obama as elected and the truth is he gets a B+ maybe... there are legit things to complain about...the NSA for one... But rather than finding real issues and going after the President on his actual job performance they make up bizarre shit that discredits anything that they may have to say that may be legitimate....Todays GOP reminds me of the Democrats in the 1970's...philosophically divided with an extreme element that forces the rest too genuflect before absurdity...Favorite question to ask Republican friends and family..."What country was the President born in?" I laugh at a response that amount to it's his fault not surrendering his birth certificate.."Oh I see he made them be stupid" Issa would be at the front in the ranks of Republicans who became very stupid

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1062 May 25, 2014
I really hope you can see, The Wrestler someday...it's rough and Roarke is at his PED best.....Lisa Bonet was hot, wonder whatever happened to her....for me, she made Cosby must watch TV...lol...Blackhawks Oh Well...except did you see Toews breakaway goal? Incredible......I also have big differences with Obama....assistance spending, defense spending and foreign aid, the role of NASA....Even though Bush knew well about the Vet's issue, Obama should have done more....after that it get's kinda grey and cloudy....Benghazi outrage seem's so overdone....especially when you learn, we have just under 300 embassies and consulates in the World.......I agree on the GOP too....Great focus, but shitty aim......Wife's grilling babybacks today, while i struggle through the Indy 500 pre-race....My pick for the race is Scott Dixon.......I still say, a lot of the Obama guff, is totally racist.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1063 May 25, 2014
Most of the absurd obama flack is racist...If your a birther or if you insist that he is muslim that is racially constructed..when they scream Communist i laugh too...The performance if the market and his policies make him capitalist and a far better, more efficient one than W.. . What they never can accept is this black guy walked in and saved us from the failure of their making... You would be thinking those pro - business republicans would love the guy...He saved their asses...instead they bow down before the most absurd BS i have ever heard...never before in my lifetime has a political party followed make believe....Yes Bonet was stirring in Angel Heart...If i was mickey, there would be one shoot where i would hope it would take 100 takes to ...satisfy the director....Montreal v. Rangers If the Canadians get another solid game from Tokarski ...the pressure is on the rangers

Location hidden

#1064 May 25, 2014
I agree.....Obama walked into the biggest shitstorm of any President i can recall.....Ford and LBJ inherited alot too....But, you are right, the GOP is so outta touch with the desires of the American people, it is a wonder anyone would stay with them.....Comprehensive Immigration reform, Women's reproductive and equal pay rights, gay marriage, raising the minimum wage, marijuana decriminalization, and many more.....there are people that still bitch about the Fed's dwindling stimulus program....all the while thriving in our recovered economy.....proving hatred is more popular, than actually learning Economics.......Why can't we have hockey at 4PM, instead of 8-9 PM??? The afternoons have been screwed, as of late...No PBR or am i spoiled?....Think NBC's corporate greed, is seeing $ at the chance of L.A.-N.Y???#2 vs.#1 Markets.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1065 May 26, 2014
I rememmber the crap that was thrown st Jerry Ford by the democrats and by the media for pardoning Nixon,(which was the right thing to do ) then he got it from the far right for not being conserative enough...Jerry was an honest guy...didn''t deserve to get it from both ends...The fact that the GOP reufsing tp get real on all those issues spins well for Democrats...but it is so bad for the country it limiits your joy in watching them make mistakes... TV determines the starting times putting tthe late game on @ 9pm is actually beneficial to the folks on the east because untiil recently you had 10:30 pm starts in Vancouver and LA .. I think that the weekend games could have been done different.... Rangers up 3-1 Canadians don't want to give it up... I would be shocked if they didn't win game #5....MLS Update Revolution 2-1 over D.C. United....Bobby was called upon to chip in a few nice stops...What a turnaround froom he dismal start

Location hidden

#1066 May 26, 2014
Alway's thought, Gerald Ford got a bad timing deal....being Speaker of the House and on several important committees, he had the smarts to have gotten alot more done....I have a problem seeing the GOP endgame...being againest so many popular issues.....Problem with the primetime starting times, is that it alienates the younger, school age kids......We've discussed it before...it's why baseball has been failing....Why would'nt we have a 3 PM, Sunday game?....It's about greed more than anything.....I believe, TV does'nt dictate shit, without league approval....Watched the Canadians goof off for the 1st period, than watched something else....LA or the Blackhawks are gonna cream these guys.....Wonder what Bobbie thinks about Landon Donovan not on national team?....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1067 May 26, 2014
I think that Donovan got a shitty deal from Klingsman...The only thing i can come with is personality-clash... from what have seen he can still put the bal in tthe net. If the team comes home early beause they can't score then the team should reconsiderKlingsman.. As far as What Bobby thinks...next time i see his step dad i'll have him forward that question...Nixon put Ford in an unenvyous posiition...o put Nixon on trial in the Senate woulld have tied up the country's atttention for too long ....the Democrats ...but the country needed to get that 1960's/ Watergate crap out if its system The GOP curently and in clintons second term act as if the counry be damned we got points to score...
The Networks probably have the starting tiimes written into the contract with the NHL...the time of day the game is shown affects ad revenue so i am sure it is in there somewhere

Location hidden

#1068 May 27, 2014
Perhap's the first injury, will bring a call to Donovan?....that would ease the sour tone....Blackhawks look done, they keep turning it over, by their own goal....I'm out.....Heat put the pedal down on the Pacers....Did you see any of the Indy 500?...It was an incredible last 5 laps, at least 4 lead changes....Winner, Brian Hunter-Reay is from Boca Raton...1st American winner, in 8 races....USA...USA...USA...... Republican Senator questions the motives and goals of the VFW and several Veteran's groups....GOP are like a great gift that just keeps on giving.....I love how they know how to really take advantage of a slow news holiday....lol....This Grand Rapids forum, is Gerald Ford Country.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1069 May 27, 2014
Yeah i had forgotten about Gerald Ford mich. roots...They sure don't make republicans like that anymore...It would have been nice to see him win a second term..maybe the "lets make a deal Republican" would not be facing extinction today.......Who knows...I also read that the neo cons are planning to hang Rand Pauls presidential run on his isolationist views try to tar him as "soft"... Canabilize each other...Butt truthfully that is the only place where Rand Paul make any sense...The Blackhawks suprised me i expected a spiried effort.....Montreal is in the same boat down 3-1 @ home I expect them both to play big games....wouldn't shock me too see a game #6 in New York...Tea USA and Donovan i look at it this way he may no long be a starter...but you can't say he is not viable....so you should include hiim...even if he is your 24th best guy... If you do go a couple rounds at some point you will need a spark of offense....

Location hidden

#1070 May 27, 2014
Jeb Bush has said, his father and Reagan would'nt even recognize the current GOP, that they would'nt fit into it.....I like Ron Paul, but Rand seems much less honest, at least to me.....PTI is talking about Price playing for the Canadians....that he has been practicing lightly, but twice.......Sadly, it's looking like NY-LA....do you think?....Klingsman is gonna be criticized heavily, if they stumble......so i guess it all evens out....Just watched this jarring, foreign(Chinese?) film, about all what occurred in Nanking, China...in 1937-38....Having been overseas often, i feel it is a very volitle subject, to this day...."City Of Dead And Living".....Someday in the future, the Japanese may pay a price to China, for that event......the Cultural Revolution, might have saved Japan, but maybe not forever.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1071 May 28, 2014
What Japan did in Nanking ws one of the more sobering atrocities of the war...If it is the documentary that i had seen it is a powerful film..most of the film and photo evidence came from Japanese war vets who had kept those things as trophies...Imagine finding photos like that in a scrap book in the attic at your grandparents house... Also in Germany, there has to be nasty revalations about gandpa from time to time...
The Canadans played a ggrat gamme Lundquist melted down, don't expect to see that again....Im not counting the Canadians out nor the hawks but they loooked overwhelmed by the KIngs whoo are on aa huge roll...The Kings wil be a big favorite against either Montreal or New York
There was an piece in the Buffalo News sunday painting jed as the anti- W...That he is moderate and independent... And he knows that he is burdened by the family ...WW. in particular....Tha one big road block is that the public apppears to Bushed-out...i dont think that could be said of Mrs. Clinton

Location hidden

#1072 May 28, 2014
No, that film was dramatic as hell, with real actors and with english subtitles....and this was powerful, a film i will never forget....Yeah, Canadian's game was like pinball toward the end....Glad Montreal's fans at least had this great win, just in case Rangers end it....LA does look like the best right now.....Jeb Bush was our Gov....I alway's liked him, as he is much more sincere and honest, than GW...at least, that's how i see him....He looks in your eyes when he speaks....This GOP is likely way too partisan, to appreciate him....Plus, i am not sure he as a centrist, fits in either.....Too bad, as we likely had the 2nd best son.....You are correct in that GW probably ruined the name....Jeb has a remarkable son, movie star looks and speaks fluent spanish....He's gonna be BIG someday.....He just got elected agricultural commisioner in Texas....they are slowly bringing him along....We will likely be gone....lol....well, you know.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1073 May 28, 2014
What I had seen was a documentary...the voice over by an attractiive Chinese woman. She told the story with Japanese offiicial and private films and photos..If a movie take on this topic, that was well written, well acted would be an enormous film...I had aways seen jeb Bush as far more intellegent and measured than W...He also got all of tthe commn sense in the family....What I had bever seen him as was moderae...He semed more like a conservative that was taking reality in to consideration raather than attempting to construct a anti-reality...Yes we both will be gone before the Bushlet iis in his prime....Reminds me of an old friend from UB football. A cranky old guy in a wheelchair that we all named"The Chairman of the board" one cold afternoon 3 or 4 student ran by wearing little more than blue paint...The chairman spoke for all of us cranky old men.... "There goes the future leaders of American...God I'm glad that i won't live long enough to see it'

Location hidden

#1074 May 29, 2014
Yes it is a well acted film, but imagine the political ramifications of such a film?....Mao's revolution directed everybody's attention away from their war with Japan......"A Tom Clancy Geo-Political Thrilller".....Standing back, and watching the circus in DC.....it would seem at their mildest, republicans are all, pretty much conservative.....Jeb would want to move the party to the center.....not popular with the wild eyed teaparty sect....lol....Blackhawks pulled it out in overtime, kinda a desperate game, with alot of defensive lapses....Heat lost close...LeBron had rare foul trouble.....Glad i have never painted myself, how about you?....Never tried opium, but would li.....Oh, Sorry......

Location hidden

#1075 May 29, 2014
BTW, Absolutely HATE the new reply display!!!!!!!!!!

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1077 May 30, 2014
the raangers made it past the Canadians... The Kings and Hawks Game #6 tonight...it is hard to see the Rangers beatting either team... The only hing that cutts in the Rangers favor is the fact that Lunquist is the best goalie and is hot..maybe Hienrich can steal 4 games...maybe not... How moderate and centerist Jeb Bush is ..is up for debate...at times he seems as if he is the same old consrvative who has just learned to promoote the same program with out feeling the need to offend 1/2 the country in the process in the Schiavo case he was on the same side as then senate majority leader Bill Frist yet DR.Frist put his career on the line giving a medical diagnosis from the Senate floor while Jeb missed out on his share of the blame for that shameless circus...The Japanese at nanking had helped to cement the shaky cease fire between Mao and Chaing Kai Shek...Mao was far more adept at turning that to his advantage... i wonder what could have been in China if Chaing's corruption and ineptitude weren't coddled

Location hidden

#1078 May 30, 2014
Lundquist is a great goalie....only saw one bad game, and i think the defense guys regulate that a lot....As far as Jeb...i think Bobby Jendal echoes much of the same attitude about the current GOP.....Those that aren't embarrassed, just ask them to list the republican's congressional achievements?...lol....They scatter.......Might have mentioned this before, about Chaing Kai Shek....more recent evidence showed that he sent a request thru channels, in 1946 to Truman, asking for direction and advise on establishing a democracy for his people......And, that Truman's advisor in DC, told him to disregard it......Sure would have changed the future, eh?......Hope Chicago can stage a miraculous comeback....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1079 May 31, 2014
The Blackhawks v Kings has been another epic series . this years playoffs have been fanastic....A Chicago comback.. or LA...should be the cchamionship those are two best teams...
Jeb Bush & Bobby Jindal and a few others are attempting to ditch hostile rhetoric...to make conservatives seem some what less deranged than the currentt preception...But with those two tthe moderation is in perceptions not in actions...Makes them more dangerous than a whole gaggle of babbling Ted Cruz'. They can do for Cruz what Cruz couldn't do on his own.. actually putting a Cruz ect... in a position of power... like Scalia has....wingnutism brought to you by a mooderate republican who feared the hard right
Actually Trumans advisor may have been correct in that establishment of a democracy had never actually been high on Chaing's to do list...Chaing's army was so 'trusted' in 1945 that we preferred armed Japanese keeping he peace to Kuomingtang soldiers....By 1946 Chaing was viewed as beyond hope...If Chaing would have been making the same request when Koumantang was in charge of 80% of the chinese land mass...when he could have carried it out then the history would have been different

Location hidden

#1080 Jun 1, 2014
Really looking forward to Hockey Night....would love to see Chicago win, especially at home.....Stayed up for Spurs win, setting up a repeat of Heat-Spurs NBA Final...Don't you really watch any?......Bush and Jindal promote a move back toward the center, and to me...seeing how their supporters are here on Topix, they aren't ready for anything other than their hysterics.....Ted Cruz won the straw poll, at a conservative conference in Louisiana....so the GOP may be on the dumb path, as we speak.....They block the Senate's very crucial and much needed Comprehensive Immigration Bill, pissing off every hispanic in America....Then, wave a hispanic candidate....Speaking of Asia affairs...I believe Thailand is facing big trouble....already in turmoil and military rule, i would bet that the King has died, and they are scared shitless to tell the people.....The King is heavily revered among thai people, and any leadership would be on shaky ground, among the politically unstable......The History documentary series was on Showtime i believe, it was about history that has been revealed more recently, after deeper research and the info often released, after the death of the main players......Saw Rugby 7's yesterday and is on today....Michigan 21 Ohio State 5....lol......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#1081 Jun 1, 2014
so the boys whipped the Buckeyes in rugby 7's....hope you celebrated... i suppose it wouldn't matter if it were scrabble or a pie eating contest beating the buckeyes is the main thing...luween's trial for assulting a buckeye fan is ongoing...to sum it up.."what do you mean i knocked him down..i was breaking it up"... with all the cel phones in that area..if luween was assulting the guy ,, someone had to have it on their phone\ cam....Unless the Buffalo police are working the scene then the witness's cel phones are mysteriously destroyed. We currently have an interesting assult\ could be a murder... case in which two off duty cops working off the books and against the law , for a known drug dealer... push a cuffed iraq war vet, soon to be a NY state trooper down a flight of stairs ...evidence is destroyed...nasty stuff..What i mean about Bush and Jiandal not being truley moderate...when the wing nuts want something they cave in..even if it is goddmmed stupid. Bush with Shaivo and Jiandal with creationism in schools.....8 hours tilll puuck drop.. i am all ready...Some popcorn a couple of IBC's ... a Cohiba...and a game 7... life is grand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bike licenses for road maintenance 4 hr Who 8
bruce jenner!? who cares! 23 hr Idea Maker 15
Review: Motorhomes 2 Go Aug 31 Jennie 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Aug 31 Wyn 2,402
Old Thunder Chicken Club - Anyone Remember It? (Mar '07) Aug 30 Mike Barney 19
trump triumphant! Aug 29 Idea Maker 9
News Food Town closing temporarily Aug 29 lamber kroger sho... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages