College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1021 May 13, 2014
I think John Harbaugh is the quieter, more grounded, less stressed brother,...common with the eldest...Jim is more of a workaholic, stressing out to be the best, overcompensating.....He was actually the matinee idol/golden boy while a Bear....Ditka was rough on him.....He will win Superbowl(s).....Montreal's first goal, with Bruin Miller mishandling the puck....reminded me of Smith? Of Gretsky's Oilers accidenteley scoring off Grant Fuhr's skate....Remember that?......Boy, that laser show they have pregame in Montreal, is really something...Best in the NHL, those guys said....Penguin's haven't looked as good, as usual...except for Malkin....See Sterling should'nt do anymore interviews, he only makes his situation worse....Even though i still say....After that NBA/Social Engineering, mob mentality.attack and punishment...kinda minimalizes our outrage at the NSA's intelligence collections, eh?.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1022 May 13, 2014
I remember Smiths own goal years back, Miller and Hamilton were rough defensively last night... What the coach should have to answer for here is he was playing the two as a pair... The pre game bit with the toarch is cool...not that graphics are worth a goal but it is cool...I remember Harbaugh as the matinee idol...I guess some girls love a chin, and his is the squarest and largest this side of Jay Leno...But what he doesnt have is the pretty boy prima donna thing...Remember Ron Dugay from the N.Y. Rangers he could score a goal or two, had a Playboy certified wife and played as if he was afraid his hair might get messy... I had re-read my last few posts...And i have failed you....I know you hold your breath waiting for the MLS update...New England 5-0 over Seattle who had the leagues best record going in...The Revolution is now tied for first with K.C.
...Bobby only had to make one tough save about 45 seconds in after that they could have played with out a goalie and still won...Sterling saying that his only goal was to get her in bed is funny..If all that cash ain't bought a piece of as* your stopping at the street corners...My partner wih the law degrree says Sterling would be a fool too sue...he would need to take the stand to win..and would be far more likely to mutilate himself in tthe process... The NBA should have made an attempt to ease him out with no additional public embarrassment, as far as i know they didn't
...Sterling can't be alllowed to insullt employees in public..No matter what buisness your in that is out of bounds...With NBA 'employees' it isn't catering to a loud minority.. 9 out of 10 NBA players are black...But an example of over protecting a majority...plus to raise the ante on the smearing of the guys charachter was over kill... And a tad hasty and sloppy in that the only 'trial' i know of was in public

Location hidden

#1023 May 13, 2014
Jim Harbaugh is actually the spitting image of his dad, especially when he looks over his glasses...lol...Fascinating family....I recall Ron Dugay as the Disco Ranger....When i was still working, especially in management, i only really paid attention to the NHL, during the playoffs....Too many hours at work....Glad to hear your friend's son is doing well, and i am trying hard to store up some excitement over the upcoming World Cup...I've been overseas during it before, and i realize that most of us, just don't get it....As far as Sterling, he can easily fight the selling the team, combined with the $2.5 million dollar fine....they may get one, but not both...if the NBA assigns a takeover GM, as they have....they then forfeit their right to fine......If i had Sterling's billions...i would fu#k with them forever.....BTW, what employees did he insult?.....Him and Barbara Walters, are made for eachother.....too bad Joan Rivers could'nt join them...lol...

Buffalo, NY

#1024 May 14, 2014
Those families where success in a sport seems to be in the genes are great stories....the harbaughs..Imagine being Mr. Alou having your sons being starting outfielders..or the 6 Sutters in hockey...We had Wayne Primeau in Buffalo on a night when mom and pop were in attendance wayne dropped them and had a go wth big brother Kieth, the shot of dad on his feet and mom sitting refusing to watch was priceless..The World Cup is a geat event...I lovve the nation v nation concept in the cup and in olympic hockey it adds a nice flavor....
On sterling i agree with you on overkill. The fine could have been enough. Where your off base is on the insulting the employees concept...Lets say for the sake of making a point ...The machine shop i worked in owned by friend..an Italan...If he told his wife or girlfriend he didn't want her to be seen in public with a pollock...even if I wasn't who he was talking about...as a pollock i would owe him a nice hardy "f*ck you" and maybe find a shop with a pollock ownner...Toleration of intolerance works as long as the intolerance is kept in strict quarantine,, seperate from busiiness...or it can hurt the business

Location hidden

#1025 May 14, 2014
That's funny, half way through your first sentence, i was already thinking about the Sutters...lol...also the Howes and Hulls to a smaller degree....Patrick Kane is incredible....it's like you have great coverage, and Wes Welker catches it a foot off the ground, over the endzone line....An absolute artist....AS far as Sterling, were they really insults?....He bought the tickets and insisted she not bring pollocks, to seats he bought.....likewise, he asked her, why she insisted on posting photos with pollocks....not feeling the insult, to a very high degree....Guess we just don't have the freedom, to not like pollocks anymore.....BTW, while typing this there is a 8 panel, spam section of Topix, "You Might Enjoy Reading".....forcing me to reply, without your post on top....Topix is turning into A-Holes with their greed.....

Buffalo, NY

#1026 May 14, 2014
CBC has a real good movie on Gordie Howe and his son's...Think it was called Mr. Hockey...Loved the parts with them in Houston at the start of the WHA ...Gordie bloodies up Mark during one of the teams first practices...Just to show he wasn't protecting the boys...they had to earn their own respect not borrow dads...Topix is what it is... We being kind of separate shouldn't have to worry about our language...the inconsistent nature of the filter bugs me...we dont need to post what it is we are responding to...That would be a waste of space...
Well Sterling again...the lawyer who is part of the investment group says owners in the NBA sign an agreement allowing the league to require transfer of a franchise for any action detrimental to the league...So iin essence you don't own the team as much as you own 1 of 32 franchises that make up the NBA...Big legal distinction...You can own a McDonalds franchise..But you can't sell sushi there..If you did without corporate approval..your franchise could be taken.....you dont have a right to own a franchise in business or in sport..Call that the group applying censorship to a member of that group, fine....and if it is your business alone, no franchise agreement to restrain you and it is still dumb why?... You can hate pollocks to the marrow of your bones... go ahead and scream it at the top of your lungs..if you have employees that are pollocks do you
expect them to like it..be motivated by it. Call that self censorship for the sake of profit...

Location hidden

#1027 May 14, 2014
While i am replying, topix has 2 rows of 4, POP-UPS, above....blocking my ability to review your post, as i reply.....Do you have that also????......Sterling is such an A-Hole for not hiring a PR person, so he does'nt make it worse, like he did.....Would we boink that V chick? Need i ask?....Montreal-Boston Game 7...How huge is that ?...Whose got it better than us? I have mixed allegiances...on one hand Boston-NY is better, i still want Gauguin and Ratface punched out...lol...Can you believe John Boehner and Karl Rove?....Boehner denies, then learns the GOP mailer has his signature...It does'nt get any better....Become a Benghazi Watchdog--- Campaign donations encouraged.....I'm thinking, even as stupid as they seem.....Many in the GOP, believe this upcoming partisan "investigation"....i s starting to look like a horrid idea, eh?....

Buffalo, NY

#1028 May 14, 2014
Topix popup ads suck...Greed for sure... I wonder how much cash it takes to run a site like this....I can accept ads but the one that moves is annoying...Here we always argue about the value of internet advertising I am skeptical...My arguement... Do you remember the product in that ad? and if you do does that ad make yoou more likely to buy the product...The V wench would that be a grudge f*ck or what?...As bad as sterling is as a person...she is far worse...Canadians 1-0 late in the first... hate both teams but I'll take the Habs....The bears signed a UB grad as a rookie free agent Jared Carlson a guard he started as a true freshman got better every year 2nd team MAC in JR. year...made a huge leap and was dominating until he had a Joe Thiesman-esque leg beak...It was very graphic...but wouldnt suprise me to see him stick as a developmental prospect...He played angry...Rove is a delusional ass...claiming Clinton has a brain injury...remember the concusion she had right before the first bengazi hearing...then the 4th Reich claimed she was faking the injury to avoid the questions... now the injury she was faking is severe enough to disqualify her.. new hearings and laughable slanders reek of desperation

Location hidden

#1029 May 15, 2014
When i first came on Topix, likely @ 2008ish....It was owned by the company that own's Chicago Tribune....They seem eager to throw cookies, spam and popups at their participants, kinda disrespectful....My computer alway's has alot about some flash driver purchase request.....Game 7 was amazing, i thought....beautiful first goal....Did you see how pissed Lucic was in the lines shaking hands....Canadians were so much quicker and faster....Carlson is gonna have a great mentor....we've talked about how physical Kyle Long is, especially for an offensive player...About the meanest and toughest Bear's guard, i can remember....the big ass is a real plus, at that position.....Reminds me of how huge Jake Matthews was at the draft, don't see many suits, that can hide that much power.....Rove is actually so counter-productive for the GOP and whatever image they retain.....Saw McCain going off, about how much more we should be involved in Nigeria...Incredible.....Did you see the cat attack the dog that was biting the kid? Never seen anything like that...ever.....

Buffalo, NY

#1030 May 15, 2014
The game was special..Price was priceless in the third period...lol....Tat was one of the more memorable performances all time... Lucic was pissed and he came up small in the final game.. as did Chara...Marchand was frustrated as well... the west goes to a game 7 tomorrow night... Chicago will be tough to beat in the west.. i believe the Canadians are better team...... so montreal v. chicago?... could be fun.... if prcce plays that way...anything can happen...Carlson could use some deelopeement but he is guard size 6'3 and # 315 give him a year of pro coaching and a strength and conditioning program and he could stick...I saw that thing with the cat saving the boy ... people underestimate cats... we had a 20 # black tom named Stupid...he kicked the neighbors shepherds ass until the dog asked to go in at the sight of Stupid...The folks at the vet refused to accept that name...he contacted feline leukemia from brawling...was sad..that cat had balls..even if he was fixed.. in addition Stupid had a higher IQ than 50% of the republicans in the senate

Location hidden

#1031 May 15, 2014
Marchand did'nt score in that series...pretty remarkable for as talented as he is, the old weasel face.....Lucic was giving out some smak.....Who comes outta the west, Kings or Ducks?.....Canadians are great at speed and puck handling....Blackhawks also...i am sure that would be a great match....I like cats too, except some neighbors allow them to run loose...one killed my female cardinal that lived behind us....that isn't fair......My friend had a persian, i think...chinese looking with long fur?....I'm the dog guy in our family...lol...I like dogs, as they are easier to herd....lol....Carlson's size sounds perfect...Just imagine the experience he is gonna have? Bears used to practice in Lake Forest, way north.....close enough to smell Wisconsin brats......Computer is on blink, just in case i disappear....not the company, it's the technology....BTW, Marco Rubio came out today and disspelled all those Man having something to do with Climate Change findings and rumors....so there you are......lol.....

Buffalo, NY

#1032 May 15, 2014
Ok i didn't know about Rubio's nonsense...So my old cat Stupid is smarter than 2\3 of the senates gop...Guys like Rubio are not stupid nor are they inbred...The fact that they know that they have to genuflect bofore the dumbest propositions says a lot about the GOP...I laugh whenn i here hem using terms like "low inormation voter"....Take your pick Ducks or Kings it is a toss up...Both teams are a bit more physical than the Hawks but a fair bit less talented. so i would think the Hawks win maybe have a harder time with the Kings...The front page of the Buffalo News today an interview with Jim Kelly...The photo showed how worn out the man is.. the chemo is doing it.s work..the radiattion has burned his mouth to the point that he has a feeding tube....it was hard to read

Location hidden

#1033 May 16, 2014
Blackhawks-Canadians is the finals i prefer....Thought the Ducks were better than L.A., when this started.....As he was shaking hands, Lucic told one guy, I'm gonna kill you, next year....they say, he is famous for bullshit like that.....Sometimes guys look their part, eh?....See the Pacers and Thunder both made it through, and after all that drama....So sad about Jim Kelly...i know losing our hero's can be painful....I have watched every Triple Crown race....my whole life....and when they had to put Secretariat down, i was destroyed for weeks.....Funny, with all the sports i have watched, a big, red horse would get to me.....Turn's out, he was my Babe Ruth and maybe your Kelly....Dogs go for annual shots, today...alway's dramatic.....lol....BTW...Mich eal Sam, who has said he just want's to be treated equally and keep a low profile and make the team......Had already signed with Oprah for a reality show, about the journey.....You can't make this stuff up.....

Buffalo, NY

#1034 May 16, 2014
the funny thing about Kelly as a hero is that when he was drafted he was clear about his disappointment, he went to he USFL to avoid Buffalo and only when that league folded and there was no option he signed...He was aloof and arrogant for a couple years...Once there was on field success he warmed up to Buffalo..and now like so many others once they had to come..they never leave...after his son Hunter was born Jim matured and became a genuine hero... not just a on the field hero but a real one...My first hero was Ken Dryden...U.S. and Canadain law degrees obtained in a couple years..Worked law pro-bono for Ralph Nader and was the best goalie of his era...Bob Gaineyy wa a hero in that i emulated his play, but if i could have traded lifes, Dryden...Lucic talking sh*t after a loss...You just LOVE to beat a guy like that...And hhe most likely will go out and cheap shot one or two..and when they come to kick his ass like John Scott had...Lucic will hide behind Chara...Sam is getting swept along in that "being the first" trip...It would be better for him to just say "Jackie Smth" as his answer to all "gay" questions...as in...I am not frst.. there have been many before me... A seventh round pick getting this much ink has nothing to do with football and if Sam wants to be something more than a answer to a trivia question he will have to walk away from that....

Location hidden

#1035 May 16, 2014
Know what you mean about Kelly...now it's Good News, you were drafted...Bad News..It's Jacksonville....Remember Dryden and Gainey well....Mine was Guy LaFluer and Keith Magnuson...before them Derek Sanderson.....Funny announcement about Soccer in Dubai, eh?....Turns out they just figured out, it may be too hot!....The Sam and Sterling situations, both make me wonder about how much the media really jerks off the public....Throw in the government social experiment and it's a sad landscape.....Today, they wiped out my Colin Cowherd, for the NBA Draft Combine....those bastard, penguin suit guys...lol...Guys like Lucic used to frequent a few bars in Hollywood, FL....It's the French Riviera for the frenchies....No tips for staff and DUI's aplenty....I've actually liked alot of them....5, i think....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1036 May 17, 2014
The rangers got the jump and are up a couple at this point....The Canadans may be flat from thier game seven being two days ago..The extra day off is big this time of the year..."Oh god no not Buffalo" has been said before Marshaun Lynch said "They don't even have Dave & Busters yet"...we heard every plausable variation...But when a guy like Kelly has a big change of heart and stays... he gets an extra dose of love...just hope he feels it.....You apparently have far more experence with frenchies the number you like exceded the number that i had played against...In fact i played with or against more European born guys (2 Hungarians a Yugoslavian and a Russian) than French Canadians...I reaad Rubio's denial of his denial of climate change...If these guys subjected themself to standards 1\100th as tough as they want to apply to Obama they would hang them selfs as a public service...

Location hidden

#1037 May 17, 2014
Feel horribly for the Montreal fans...imagine coming there all hyped, then watching that...wow.....Suban even managed to hotdog and lose the puck for a goal....Ended up turning to, The Natural....Are you gonna watch the Preakness?....Really pulling for California Chrome....Marco Rubio and Karl Rove are almost alway's a guarantee of a good time...lol...Maybe distract from a slight fear i have of our economy, possibly heating up just a smidge too fast.....Slow growth is the key to the strength of this economy....anything that is too eager, like the Dow and S&P 500 reaching, yet another record high.....One concept possible, is that Americans have fewer healthy investment options....CD's are screwed, real estate has a toxic recent past, so the Market becomes the desired option.....Detractors would disagree, but our recovery has actually done alot to stabilize a still shaky, European economy stabilizing.....Remarkable, isn't it?....Considering all the opposition....

Buffalo, NY

#1038 May 18, 2014
I see things running in cycles..in Gov't, the Roosevelt era lasted 1933 unntill the late '60's 30 or so years of left -center gov't ... The Reagann era from 1980 untill 2010(?) roughly the same 30-40 years of right -center Gov't...Look back through post civil war history the length of the cycles dont change...overkill, such as the Bush tax cuts, or the late 60's re-invent the world mentality... killed those eras...The democrats havent engaged in that type of overkill. and overkill is all the gop has.. we hold all the high cards..The problem with the dow's numbers is the disconect with the real world... They don't mean everyone is getting head, it is a very un-democratic measure...And the absurdities abound my partners and i were laughing about the fact that a painting sold for more than one of our companies is worth...That every year some ball player signs for more than the company is worth ... I don't expect fair, don't know what that is exactly...I just don't acceept stupid very easy

Buffalo, NY

#1039 May 19, 2014
Crawford looked great again...Right now he is he 'Hawks playooff MVP....Tonight Montreal v. Rangers...Martin St.Louis Mom was buried yesterday .. I have a feeling that the emoton they spent yesterday means that they may be in for an off night emotionally...On the other hand if the Canadians are going to win they have to play a great game tonight.. The status of Price is still up in the air Peter Budaj is an adaquate back up but that would be a huge blow for Montreal...The MLS update that you hold your breath waiting for is anti-climatic...New England beat last place Philadelphia 5-3...Bobbby had the day off the back up had nothing to do untiil the Revolution had 5 on the board in the last 10 minutes he showed the gap between hm and Bobby....you are right about the fact that the US economy has helped to break Europe's fall and if Europe where on it's feet we would have had an extra .5% growth per year...a couple 100 K jobs, Obama will never get the credit he deserves

Location hidden

#1040 May 19, 2014
We had my sister down from Orlando, over the weekend...so i only saw some of the hockey...Barry Melrose said Crawford is a very underrated goalie, and that Chicago's speed is something LA needs to figure out...Swear, looks like Blackhawks could win it all again....Blysmea getting fired? or just GM....I like Pen's coach....I really want Montreal to make it a series....Sister is a snowbird...here and Michigan...it's both appealing and not, to me.....She's a Tiger though, just her and her little SUV...lol....Bet your friends looking forward to World Cup...alotta bargirls in Brazil are...lol....No, Obama will never get the credit for being the guy, during this recovery...I just get uncomfortable when any area starts heating too fast....that was the early sign before.....If Europe was a bit more stable, this situation in Ukraine, might be different...Obama is wise to let them take the lead on reacting to Putin...it's their direct neighbor, they are the ones with the fuel deals.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 3 hr A Local 3,331
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr Yo Just Me Here 1,231
Making Abortion Illegal 9 hr Yo Just Me Here 1
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Apr 20 Selph 57
News WZZM13 - Teacher accused of molesting several y... (Jun '07) Apr 12 Thankful 20
News Missing Constantine girl found dead in cemetery (Nov '07) Apr 9 ghost 148
Bridge Card (Apr '09) Apr 1 Boldly Go 143

Grand Rapids Jobs

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages