College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
Comments
81 - 100 of 1,269 Comments Last updated Tuesday

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Michigan Wolverines....
I know of course Tom (the star who also looks like a hunk) Brady and Chad Henne, but who else am I missing? Denard Robinson was switched to another position I believe :/

USC has Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Barkley, and on and on and on.....:(

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>I know of course Tom (the star who also looks like a hunk) Brady and Chad Henne, but who else am I missing? Denard Robinson was switched to another position I believe :/
USC has Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Barkley, and on and on and on.....:(
Actually the Jags should actually give Tebow a call, as they can't sell tickets...Swear to God, they have a free beer promotion....lol...also Collins and Brian Griese....though he retired, Griese kept Brady on the bench.....Maybe Stanford...Georgia?....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Matt Barkley is the Gary Beban of his generation....without the Heismann....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the Jags should actually give Tebow a call, as they can't sell tickets...Swear to God, they have a free beer promotion....lol...also Collins and Brian Griese....though he retired, Griese kept Brady on the bench.....Maybe Stanford...Georgia?....
Tebow?

He reminds be of the old Chicago Bears QB Bobby Douglass he was 6-4 230 and was a pretty good runner but..
I remember hearing Don Meridith describing his notoriously in accurate arm by saying Douglass has completed 38% of his UFO's this season

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

I saw Bobby Douglass play, and he was'nt that bad...i recall he set a rushing record for Qb's at the time....quite an achievement with Gayle Sayers on the team....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I saw Bobby Douglass play, and he was'nt that bad...i recall he set a rushing record for Qb's at the time....quite an achievement with Gayle Sayers on the team....
Abe Gibbron the Bears coach at that time was quite a charachter too.
Sayers knees were already shot when Douglass set the QB rushing record in 1972
that year Douglass had 1246 yards passing 37.8% of his UFO's were complete
986 yards running...
Tebow is a good comparison...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Manuel has a knee sprain will be out 3-4 weeks.
Tuel isn't the answer he looked the undrafted rookie that he is. Unless he has a big learning curve the season is over...
The could always re-sign Matt Leinnart

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Buffalo Bull wrote:
Manuel has a knee sprain will be out 3-4 weeks.
Tuel isn't the answer he looked the undrafted rookie that he is. Unless he has a big learning curve the season is over...
The could always re-sign Matt Leinnart
Do we have to have another USC Trojan in there fellas? Too many as it is :/

Besides, I heard Josh Freeman was seen putting on a parka at the airport ;)

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Do we have to have another USC Trojan in there fellas? Too many as it is :/
Besides, I heard Josh Freeman was seen putting on a parka at the airport ;)
Kiffen was at the airport too...A coach knows it's over when...
The team bus pulls out from the airport and you aren't on it.
Isn't there any great UCLA ...never mind.
There aren't any great University at Buffalo Quarterbacks laying around either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Damn, i forgot to watch the BYU game last night....they have a LB, i think is gonna be a big deal....he is everywhere....name is Van Noy or Note or something like that.....I saw him last year, while i was fascinated with Ziggy Ansiege(spelling?) the africa import with sic skills, that the Lions drafted at DE.....Like that Clint Eastwood movie, i might have been a decent scout...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Damn, i forgot to watch the BYU game last night....they have a LB, i think is gonna be a big deal....he is everywhere....name is Van Noy or Note or something like that.....I saw him last year, while i was fascinated with Ziggy Ansiege(spelling?) the africa import with sic skills, that the Lions drafted at DE.....Like that Clint Eastwood movie, i might have been a decent scout...lol...
I have always deceived my self into thinking that I would have made an excellent scout as well.
I had gone so far as to pick three second day wonders in the NFL draft just so my boast would hold currency.
Van noy is an excellent prospect ....Utah st QB Keeton who i had mentioned as a second day wonder got hurt last night

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Van Noy reminds me alot of Luke Keachley at Carolina Panthers....he must have been a terror in college.....Glad to see the Miami Hurricanes coming back into some power...that is a football factory, when they get going...Saw an article in Sports Illustrated, years ago about, the prominence of the Black Athlete...and they studied the Belle Glade/Clewiston area, just west of here...about how it's heavily peat moss-based soil, which is somewhat springy, and how the black kids of sugarcane growers there, build these outrageous unique leg muscles, based upon the fact of playing, often barefoot on that peat moss, type ground, while growing up....it was damn fascinating....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

My back was too temperamental for me to attend today. But the game was covered by one of the ESPN's. 42- 14 over Eastern Michigan. The announcers babbled about (lb.) Khalil Mack being a sure fire 1st round pick, maybe so, maybe they needed something to talk about during a blow out. Mack will be the best football player the school has ever produced.
I mention Mack for two reasons first is that Florida thing Mack is from Fort Pierce i don't know what it is about Florida that allows it to produce so many great football players. The soil theory is as good as any other.
From what I have seen Van Noy is a good prospect. Sure tackler with lots of hustle.
In the preseason preview Phil Steele ranked Van Noy #4 and Mack #8 linebackers

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

From what i have seen Van Noy is a gamechanger type LB....Int for a TD....Tackle for a Safety....that kind of big play guy.....Guys like Butkus and LT could change momentum, and fast.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Every team need one of those ...
Mack had a double team on him all game. had a sack and some hurries and made a great play defending a pass. It will be interesting to see which of the two goes first.
Tennessee is giving Georgia fits, every other play someone is going down for the bulldogs, Gurley, & marshall the are down to the 3rd and 4th rbs.
Tennessee has ugly gray uniforms on. I must be showing my age but is there some kind of prize for the ugliest uniforms?
The classic uniforms are one thing to like about Alabama, the ONLY thing to like about Notre Damn.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

I must be a little younger, but Maryland and Oregon have some cool uniforms...maybe?...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

I took you to be of roughly the same vintage....1957
my wife watches Saturday ball with me and she picks teams based on the uniform.
She swears that Oregon and Maryland have uniforms designed by people who hate football....
Tennessee 31 - 24 late Georgia at the goalline

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

I actually was kinda pulling for Tennessee....i graduated HS in 1970....Sorry that i don't reply faster, as i am working my ass off outside, early as possible everyday....my battery runs out early...lol...I'd like a nap today, but Seattle-Colts at 1, and Peyton at Cowboys at 4:30 is a fascinating day.....lol...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

BTW, i believe the guy that own's Nike is a huge supporter of Oregon....i like some of the new ones....Penn States gag me out....lol...look like the bland Catholic schools uniforms, where i grew up in Chicago....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

I was very much pulling for Tennessee. If i don't have any skin in the game I always go for the underdog...That poor kid fumbling at the goaline in OT...I hope he has a big day next week.
Right after Buffalo restored div I aa football in '96 they hired a guy who had been Penn States offensive line coach and he had our boys wearing identical uniforms. Then came redesign after redesign. We are supposed to be counting pennies as a state university, why do we need 3 different home uniforms? I would like to have a little more stability so a tradition could grow.
Wasn't the founder of Nike a track star at Oregon U. thought I read about him in either a business journal or S.I.
Denver @ Dallas is a good match up
We have had a lot of rain the last day or two my back is wrecked again today.. I think it will be a zero impact Sunday...
Buffalo is a very Catholic city...I went to a catholic school... the football teams uniforms looked just like N.D.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr Oneal 705
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 9 hr Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) 15 hr SOS in Mesa 2,293
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 16 hr Outrageous 76
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) Wed Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head Wed Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
•••
•••