College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 20 comments on the Aug 30, 2013, Detroit Free Press story titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#980 May 4, 2014
Los Angeles - Anaheim was a weird game, as they held the Kings without a SOG for 17 minutes, yet still lost the game....I'm waiting for Blackhawks-Wild in about 40 minutes....I did'nt know that about Lewan either....i see the draft experts have moved Carr up to #3 QB.....That is cool about the icebergs, as i have only seen them in the Great Lakes, never moving down a river, seem's like they could be deadly if they hit anything?.....Yeah, that comeback by Boston was incredible, though it is probably better for the series if they split.....After all the huge amount of sports talk, both Oklahoma City and Indiana Pacers, made it to the next round.....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#981 May 5, 2014
The 'icebergs' are lake sized monsters when hey are held back b that bboom the army crps of engineers removes the boom when the ice has begun to melt and break up into smaller sized chunks....at thiis point Niaagara hydro can protect thier turbines and in a few days the ice pack passes. much shore property is protected becausse Buffalo was the end point for the Erie Canal running from Black Rock to the Hudson River and parrallel to the Niagara with sheltered access to the river
geography and local intrests aside...
i read about Lewan in the Buffalo News...that has to drop hm down a few picks and make him hard to take here,politcs..after the Jills lawsu==it to take some guy who has a sexual assault issue....I would think twice...My pick for the Bills TE Ebron from N.C. You got to give EJ some one to throw to...
LA was an odd game...LA seems to be staggering at times...staggering foward but they don't look good doing it....Montreal MUST win the next game if Boston builds up momentum.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#982 May 5, 2014
two items ...

First New Enngland Revolution beat Toronto 2-1 this weekend Thus this piece from the New England Revoltions site..
Secnd some nice links to he ice boom photo,s...history ...

… and emerging as club’s number one
Bobby Shuttleworth is once again ranked as one of the league’s top keepers, using a consistent run the last seven games to rebound from the team’s 4-0 road loss at Houston to open the season … Shuttleworth has a goals against average of 1.13 this season, and is ranked seventh in goals against average (fifth among goalkeepers who have played at least six games) and tied for first in shutouts … in the last seven games, Shuttleworth has posted a 0.71 goals against average, three shutouts and gone 3-2-1.

Bobby Shuttleworth earned his third shutout of the season against Kansas City last Saturday, backing the team to a 2-0 win … Shuttleworth is tied for the league lead with three shutouts, matched by Houston’s Tally Hall, Kansas City’s Eric Kronberg, and Real Salt Lake’s Nick Rimando … in the last three games, Shuttleworth has posted a 0.33 goals against average with two shutouts and a 2-0-1 record..

http://ijc.org/files/tinymce/uploaded/INBC/ic...

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.ph...

Location hidden

#983 May 5, 2014
Do Buffalo and other areas, get a huge amount of energy from that powerful of water flow? Reminds me, have you seen the stats, that Las Vegas is gonna go dry soon?....Watched Chicago kinda slowly demoralize the Wild.....Hoping when they get to Minnie, they regain their game, and make it interesting.....Lotta great sports....Really loved watching the Derby, with California Chrome's big win....The Triple Crown is in my top 5 yearly sporting events....can still remember, watching in awe as Secretariet leave other horses, in another timezone......Haven't heard much about the Lewan case, just from you......Tackles are a huge gamble, i think.....Dolphins picked Jake Long #1 and he is with the Rams now......Jonathon Martin was a #2 pick, and currently he is a 49er....lol.....talk about an asskicking, picking up tackles, huh?....Montreal need's to man-up tonight....Make this a series.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#984 May 5, 2014
Western New York generates a lot of power... the Niagara hydro plant used to give tours it is an impressive structure...Some of the local benefit gets siphoned off and send off, by the State power authority to support New York City. Thus we have a huge area resource that could be a lot more beneficial. and Times Square gets light up...a portion coming from our miserable hides on this end of the state...Seeing New York states common sense has literally made conservative Republicans obsolete and extinct we have to argue about something and it is NYC v. the rest of the state...Taylor Lewan has two issues the first which i had nnot heard of is a common assault , some roughed up Ohio State fans... this one blows over... the second is about a rape case. Lewan suspected of helping a another guy cover up ....this is a tad more serious .... links to articles on both cases

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/1...

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/20/taylor-lewan-nfl...

Location hidden

#985 May 5, 2014
Look's like kinda weinie claims....imagine Buckeye fans, sticking around the Wolverine campus,,,,,hours after the game, how foolhardy....My highschool had a bitter rivalry with a rich kids school in another suburb....participated in alotta bad stuff...saw a kids nose, moved to next to his ear....it's good, several of their dad's were docters...lol...We had to stop playing another school, because of too many stabbings...I grew up thinking S.Chicago was great, semi-clueless to how violent some of it was.......I think that is funny as hell, since my group survived it...lol....Lewan is an. "about to be rich" target......Talk is that the Rams are in a tough spot, since Jeff Fischer's best friend is the elder Bruce Matthews, from their Oilers/Titans years....Ram's need a tackle, but Greg Matthews grades a shade higher, than Mathews Jr.....lol....Bruins-Montreal must be tonite.....maybe fitting in Mad Men, on demand...///

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#986 May 5, 2014
the Canadians and the bruins get an extra day off they don't play untiil Tuesday, Tonight the Rangers and Pitttsburg play the early game and the Kings and Ducks take the later game...If the Rangers can generate aa gooaal or two early the Pens might fold up..If they do I would think that there would be changes...Maybe Bylsma is replaced maybe a high priced guy like Malkin gets traded...The charge against Lewan with the Ohio State fans stinks of whiney crap...Add one to your list of dumb things to do...after OSU fans wandering aaround the UM campus....It seemed no one was actually injured...Seen Finn fans wearing that sissy teal in the Ralph and gettiing a serious thumping for their troubles ... The other charge is more troublesome legally..Went to the academically eliite school Tech..Our rival in high school was the Grover Cleveland high a delinquent school...we were riding city buses and my route ran past Grover. I wasn't on that bus but...There was an incident late in my freshman year were a kid from Tech was stabbed when a couple dozen Grover kids got on a bus that had a few Tech kids riding....After that the Buses that had stopped a Tech could not stop to pick up riders near Grover... and cops rode that route for the rest of that year

Location hidden

#987 May 6, 2014
Ended up that the Rangers kinda froze up...Crosby finally came outta his playoff scoring slump.....What's with the Ducks? Before the playoffs, some of the hockey guys seemed to have expected much more.....During the Dolphins unbeaten season and for years after, we went to the Orange Bowl, for their games.....The fights with Jet's fans were so many, that Miami PD would have cavalry cops and K-9's all over the stadium, for the last quarter....lol.....Saw their AFC Championship, when A.J.Duhe had three interceptions in the mud.....Fights like that are beyond stupid....And especially because, S.FL is filled with ex-new yawkers...lol...Did you see, Silver Linings Playbook?.....Where the Robert Deniro character is banned from Eagle's games, due to fighting....lol....That is a great flick.....If you doubt the thickness of Buckeyes....Land on the Columbus forum, and seeing and reading are believing....lol.....If it was'nt for the Ohio Correctional's work release program.....the Buckeye's would'nt win so many home games.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#988 May 6, 2014
That last line or two about the Ohio dept. of corrections was good, reeked of healthy partisanship... Between two bloatted foootball schools....My partisanship s that you do not win in modern college ball if there isn't a blind eye turned occationally...OSU with Urban 'ratface' Meyer at the helm is bound to have one blind eye and one glass eye...If you want to see student/athletes you have to look to mid major's like the Bulls or even lower down the food chain....the Buffalo News front page headline is a Jim Kelly update...The chemo chemicals kicked his ass, I empathise, interfron the hep -cc- drug i took is chemo drug...but Jim's pain is now manageable a good thing....every good thing is huge to a guy in place...Keep up he good fght Jimbo...
The rangers in the first and 1/2 the second looked goodd, they hit the posts 3 times, if they had put one of those in....Wild is in a absolute muust win tonight...The Canadians as well... lose and it gets really hard to see them winniing

Location hidden

#989 May 6, 2014
So does that mean that Chicago and Boston are gonna be on the same nights?...That sucks.....Those two series are more interesting to me, than Pens-Rangers.....Oh well.....See in NBA, Pacers and Oklahoma City both lost their current series openers, so now let the sports talk begin again...lol....Heat are starting to look better and better.....I lost respect in Urban Meyer, when it was revealed that he knew that Aaron Hernandez flunked 4-5 drug tests, and never missed a start at Florida.....Do you hear anyone ever say, it tarnished his National Championship with the Gators?...lol....Yeah, me neither.....Cowherd's talking about Manziel being so fascinating, yet can a team be confident he can survive a 16 game season.....unless he learns quickly to slide of throw the ball away....vis-a-vie RG III, that is a hard lesson.....old habits die hard.....If i were Houston, i'd take Clowney, then get a Qb in the 2nd round.....Hope Jim Kelly improves, as so many deserve alot more time, than cancer allows.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#990 May 6, 2014
The reason no one says that hernandez's failing a few drug tests tarnishes Urban Meyer's championship is that it is all relative...If you eliminated every team from championship contention that had an ethical problem then the national Championship would be the Army-Navy game..
All the more reason to treat college foootball as the money making scheme that it is... Houston needs more help than johnny football can bring them...And a QB playiing that way wiill get killed...eventually...That been said Johnny football is NOT the best QB coming out in this draft Bridgewater is amkke all the trows leadershi' as far as i know he has never stole a crustation nor a Mollusk ...The negatives that i hear is the thumb to pinky span is too short,, ie. small hands....first round is thursday..

Location hidden

#991 May 7, 2014
I like Blake Bortles and several of the pack quarterbacks....but, Houston should take Clowney, then a Savage, Carr, Garapollo, Mettenberger, etc..in the later rounds....You can't pass on Clowney, then look your Def. Coordinator in the eye.....lol.....About Hernandez, big difference is that he got to play and became a multiple murderer, i just can't recall anyone with that path before.......I think Johnny is mainly a football addict's Adventure....every week....did you see what Johnny did, yesterday?....Like that old Buster Crabbe series with King Ming........lol...While the big picture does'nt really change, huh?....49ers-Broncos in the Superbowl....Wild made it a series last night.....Subban is playing outta his mind, considering his usual numbers.....Grilling another pork tenderloin today....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#992 May 7, 2014
Hernandez a unique case and I don't believe that you could hold Meyer remotely responsable for the murder...If my memory serves there are dozens of guys who play inspite of felony raps..Nebraska used to turn them out by the bus load, Incognito, Lawerance Phillips ect got shoved though and not much noise made...Miami U.was Thug U. for decades...Meyer is a rat faced sh*t..however...from Osborn to Erickson he ain't unque...wild played a solid game last night I like somee of their talent but they still don't beat Chiccgo...Montreal on the other hand...I will pat myself on the back, I said before the playoffs began Montreal is the team that could beat Boston...Subban and Price have been special... Tonight Rangers and Pens...obviously Rangers must win...Johnny football couldd be better than Kempernick by I wwont spend a top 10 pick on him...Tonight I won't have to cook....Wife and son want a pizza , no problem....

Location hidden

#993 May 7, 2014
Do you really think, many get to play, after flunking 4 drugtests?.....Meyer has zero to do with the rest....other than the reality, that Hernandez was the type he filled his team with......Garage Opener broke, so i am waiting for service guy and that moved grilling to tomorrow.....Craftsman, bought 8 years ago...is that about how long they live? I woulda thought longer.....Montreal sure look's capable of beating the Bruins....they seem much faster and able to keep up physically....Miami had more of a thug image, than the reality.....many were actually semi-slow, physically superior kids from the country/sugarcane/farm areas of FL....people forget about that huge, hot inner area....lol....Where fruit and vegetables come from, in winter......the Warren Sapp's and those kids, that ran on the peat, growing up.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#994 May 7, 2014
Off hand i don't know what the college record for failed drug tests is. Hernandez may indeed have the record, if you think I am excusing him you misread me..my point was cheating is epidemic...Coaches like Meyer are not uncommon. Look at the Nebraska Huskers from a few years back and Lawerance Phillips two arrests for beating the crap out of women which equals Hernandez failed piss tests, Osborn didn't take him off the field and his offenses were comon knowledge, BTW Phillips is serving 30 years for using his car as a dealy weapon intentionally running over three kids who taunted him for being a criminal...My point is it ain't excetional, it is unfortunatly the way to WIN...Miami U sure looked the thug at various time under Erickson the crap got out of hand remember the antics at the cotton bowl v. Texas?
We have the old fashioned do it your self garage door. I would assume with Craftsman you got a decent product.

Location hidden

#995 May 7, 2014
We are much the same, on both Meyer and Hernandez.....Hearing murmers on the Bills trading picks?.....Could it be to get Mack?...Kinda anxious to get the draft here, as the buildup has been fooorever.....Do i remember Lawrence Phillips as a Dolphin, briefly? The Hurricanes are the local team, i pull for....as i have told you, i have known the elder Hester, Jesse for decades....Great family....They were a scary team, especially at night....lights went out once, all you saw was teeth and eyes....like the Raiders....lol.....Best beatdown was Penn State kicking their ass, when the Canes came in Camo gear....lol.....But one National Championship, when Kosar and about 12 future probowlers beat Nebraska....Best College team, i have ever seen.....Whole garage opener replaced, including the springs...just south of a grand.....In my day.....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#996 May 7, 2014
A little pocket change short of a grand...I hatte to sound like a penny pinching old pollack...I'll do it manually....In our case the garage is filled with crap the cars don't go there, but I would still rather do it my self spend the grand on cigars...Rangers look kind of flat in the first period they coulld be in trouble...The Miami teams in the Johnson & Erickson years were as good as any teams I have seen...Carroll's USC teams where a close second...The Penn State upset was Vinnie Testeverde getting picked off by Shane Conlin?...Was the game with the power failure at the old Orange Bowl?... From what I hear that place was in bad shape towards its end... The draft tomorrow ...Big day not just for Mack but for the UB program... The draft guide from the Buffalo News had a shirtless picture of Bo Oliver the running back on the cover...That kid is a ball of muscle, i am sure he will get a shot..The Bills trading up to get Mack...I would love it but...if i am GM TE Ebron from N. Carolina

Location hidden

#997 May 8, 2014
Yeah, when garage dude started quoting those numbers, it was like dogspeak.....Down here, we park in the garage, because i don't tint the windows anymore....if you park outside down here, tinted windows are a must......Rangers do look kinda listless...Malkin's 360 spinning backhand goal, was a classic I think the Penn State upset was a National Championship Fiesta or Sugar bowl...I'm guessing New Orleans...maybe....Went to many games at the old Orange Bowl...it was put together with a big erector set....another problem was they had almost no parking....so you paid like $10 to park in the side/front yard of an old Cuban lady, then were usually blocked in, when you wanted to leave....Hard to believe that Houston might be considering Mack over Clowney...no disrespect, but that is just stupid.....Talking about muscles....Did you ever see that old photo of Bobby Hull, shirtless and bailing hay iat his Manitoba farm?.....Talk about Hulk....no wonder, very few messed with him...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#998 May 8, 2014
Your story about the Orange bowl and its parking reminded me of our old facility War Memorial stadium, affectionately know as "the rock pile' was in a residential neighborhood in the worst part of town. There was literally no parking and for a modest fee the residents would let you park on their property and frequently it took a somewhat larger fee to be allowed to leave....Buffalo News headline this morning 'Goodell says new stadium makes Bills viable" The tax payers will be asked to build a palace that will cost 1\2 the value of the team...to keep an already profitable private co. I would like Erie county, the City and state to receive some equity... The rockpile was assembled in 1937 and hosted the Bills until 1973, as a major league stadium its lifespan was 37 years...the Ralph opened in 1973 has already had 41 year run....ok i see his point....interesting side story I was at the last NFL game at the rockpile a mud caked tie with Detroit...The stadium was f*cking trashed by the fans..guys brought in wrenches and were taking the seats out ..the game was ignored...think Bill Veck's disco demolition night in Comisky...Serious mayhem.

Location hidden

#999 May 8, 2014
When i was young, we could take the "L"(elevated train) to Cominsky Park and the White Sox games, yet that southside neighborhood was starting to go.....I recall Bill Veeck, he also signed a midget, that walked almost every time...lol....I think the greedy NFL often use that new stadium stuff, to their own benefit.....That is why Jacksonville, will eventually move somewhere.....I'm gonna be shocked, is Houston does'nt take Clowney, though Mack has moved up, don't you think? Clowney is just a freak blue-chip....the "D" version of Andrew Luck....Gonna be alotta channel surfing tonight.....Wanna see who drafts the huge RB from Ohio State....I believe Michigan has two wide recievers in this draft, plus a killer TE, that i believe still has another year....Good Luck, Bull....Hope our teams chose wisely.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are you tired of the gays and their various pro... (Feb '13) 14 hr Sharon 8
News Dangerous trains rolling through West Michigan. 16 hr Who 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri LakerDude 2,362
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Apr 22 queenT 14
News Woman Gets 3-7-Years For Shooting Over Bacon-le... Apr 22 Porky 3
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers Apr 22 Brian_G 65
Best person to contact in corporate at whirlpool Apr 22 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]