College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 20 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#897 Apr 13, 2014
One point in that article is frighteningly clear....If allowed, China is on course to buy up all the natural resources it can....it is currently emptying out Africa and at bargain basement prices....Sorry, a global economics rant.....We just had on of the Tampa NHL players arrested down here for DUI, and they found cocaine on him.....Horton, at least went out in a kinda cool way....you know, from a guy perspective....remember that movie, Vanishing Point? Saw on ESPN some about the Irish and others Spring Games....Notre Dame does'nt wanna play Michigan, after this fall....the pussies....lol....They had the FSU game shown here, then that afternoon, Jamies Winston played as the closing pitcher, in their base ball game....that kid is special....this was my grilling weekend....big rare hamburgs, then brats......you know, for passover...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#898 Apr 13, 2014
Horton dying was quite blow to a young developing team...at 42 he was still playing at a high level and was one of the toughest sob's around...He didn't collect many fighting pen. but when you pissed him off enough he would destroy you...Notre Dame is going to the ACC which will weaken thier schedule they belong in the Big 10....I have for a long time believed China needs to be treated as a serious enemy...So many people have a naive view of china being a trading partner....Not that I am worried about either the Russians or the Chinese invading Canada....I don't want their state run corporations gaining access to North American resources...The traditional passover fair...Burgers and brats wasn't that what Moses dined on...lol

Location hidden

#899 Apr 14, 2014
China will never have to invade the West, in that they are gonna slowly buy it....and with our own funds......I am very worried about Chinese, unregulated food products are allowed into this country.....Well, i guess we should add Aldon Smith, the 49er's DE into the thug club.....lol....Imagine, what a Space Cadet you'd have to be to claim you have a bomb at the airport.....We should actually begin a thread on the NFL forum, kinda a thug/police report deal...lol...Seem's the Blackhawk-Blues series is destined for the first round.....Barry Melrose on ESPN picked Chicago over Boston, in the final....I don't think it's the Blackhawks year, this year.....I know i have mentioned this before, but never buy your pets any rawhide or treats, Made in China....they already killed over a hundred dogs here, with a batch of duck jerky for dogs......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#900 Apr 14, 2014
Here is the best chinese analogy....Do you like Star Trek?..The Chinese are the'Borg'....Relentless in their absorbing anything in their path....I share your food related worries...There have been deadly roducts from Chinese manufactures...Dog food comes to mind as a recent example but there have been others, mainly in the Asian countries that have become part of the "Borg"...I don't know if that makes Aldon Smith a thug...maybe like he is from "one flew over the Coockoo's nest ".... makes you wonder if Mr. Smith has an abuse problem....When I was in the machine shop many years back we assembled an all-convict team...players who had been arrested ..You could put together a contender....Melrose hss a pretty sharp hockey mind...But i would take San Jose...The Blues have hit the skids but in no way are they an easy out...I'll take San Jose v. Boston...I have a good feeling about Montreal's chances...They open in Tampa wed.

Location hidden

#901 Apr 14, 2014
Aldon Smith has been arrested four times, in the last 28 months....Thug may be a kind label.....NFL should get involved with him, as it is at the point, they usually enter the incident.....He is either crazy or just dumb as a rock....I'd bet the former.....Hope you're right about the Canadians...I'd love to see them back in prominence.....What about the Ducks? I thought they were a big deal six weeks ago.....China is to be watched closely....many Asian Americans i know, are very leary of China....My dad's generation hated Japan, due to the war.....But, i believe China is a much larger threat.....and also helped into power, by almost every U.S. corporation that moved their manufacturing over there.....So that the Reich could bitch about Obama's war againest the middle class....lol.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#902 Apr 14, 2014
Now that you mentioned it I recall Smith missing the beginning of last season due to his criminal hi-jinx...I'll hedge my bets and say he has a dose of stupid on top of the crazy....I wonder if the 49ers or the NFL will tell him his services are no longer required?...
We agree on China and on the American businessmen who sold out our manufacturing...Along with the 4th Reich...piss on 'em...one and all
The Ducks draw Dallas they should take that one easy...Bruins over Wings..Pens over Jackets...Montreal over Tampa..San J. Over L.A.... Colorado over Minn...Blues beat the Hawks...Rangers over Phila...It's a pity that Detriot didn't play Pittsburg they might have won there...They will give the Bruins a tough time ...but

Location hidden

#903 Apr 14, 2014
I'm betting that due to his great pass rushing skills, and relative low salary....the 49ers are gonna do backflips, to keep Smith in the game....Goodel is the scary one, here.....The saddest aspect of the wealthy American businessmen's selling the middle class to China....is that they now back the very politicians that refuse women equal pay and refuse to raise the minimum wage.....inf*ckingcredible.... .I only disagree with Blues-Blackhawks, but agree that they won't make final.....Bruins-Redwings sounds like HDTV nirvana to me...lol...Imagine when the Paul Gaugain(Lucic) line get on offense?...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#904 Apr 15, 2014
I am hoping that the NFL treats Smith's stupid and dangerous behaviour as seriously as they treated Rickey Williams stupid by non dangerous dope smoking...a years suspension...That should be the min.
The buisness people who became traitors when they sold out the American worker are the folks that fund the 4th Reich...these people have complete contempt for the vast majority of the country...I gag when a company congratulates it's self when it destroys a pension plan or beats some kind of a give back out of labor...These asses have destroyed the consumers abilitly to purchase the products these 'partiots' sell...
I expected you to take the Blackhawks...That series is more or less a toss up...Detroit v. Boston and Montreal v. Tampa are the two series that I think will be the most entertaining to watch...Colorado v. Minnesota is another toss up...And the late night sharks v. kings could be worth staying up for....I have seen that Gaugan self portrait..the honker on the two men is very similar...The artist must have had it broken a time or two...Lucic should be sitting out the start of the series...spearing...that act is not worthy...Lucic should be ashamed of himself..big guys should never use the stick...IMHO

Location hidden

#905 Apr 15, 2014
Guess i just don't understand the extreme greed motivation of some of the very wealthy.....though, over the years i have seen it firsthand and it is alway's an ugly situation....my first wife and i breifly worked for and lived at the estate of a woman, who had married into extreme wealth....mean as hell, used to scream and throw things at the TV.......they are usually the worst, the one's that marry into it, because they did'nt grow up around money.....Shocked the hell outta her oneday, when we told her off and walked out....I'm only hanging in with the Blackhawks for one, maybe two series....but, Bruins-Redwings is likely the best watch.....i am not allowed to watch hockey, as much as you....lol....So then great, you have seen the painting....even the same evil slit of how the eyes look....Almost scary....wonder if Gaugiun could skate?...lol....Just saw, Django in Chains....Okay, but way too long....I liked Zero Dark Thirty better.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#906 Apr 15, 2014
You are the art historian...was Gauguin a hard living bohieman my bet is that he had that honker broken...at least once...Lucic is a fine player but the thing this weekend with the Sabres goon john Scott annoyed me...Lucic had run 5'8 Ennis...Scott does his job and Challanges Lucic who responds with a stick and then hiding behind Zedno Chara...The right way to decline a fight is to skate away...It's a tough call the new rich need to go to extra lenghts to prove they belong...but those who have never know any other life are divorced from reality...Like Romney?... You remember "Trading places" Akyriod and Murray...there are a lot of those folks out there...My nephew called me out of the blue...In his 3rd tour in Afangistan...morale is decaying...everyone is burnt out ....He is well...My brain is literally about to explode. Been cramming on Yukon politics and aboriginal claims against mineral co's...I haven't studied this hard since '76... i quit trying to be a college boy

Location hidden

#907 Apr 16, 2014
Gauguin and Vincent Van Gogh were contemporaries....breifly painted together....they drank Absinthe....a strong, licorice licqour...said to have been a mind altering beverage, very addictive....Actually, we have a bottle, as U.S. laws recently allowed it's sale, after years of restrictions....Absinthe, it was said to be captured by the spirit of the Green Fairy......Yeah, i have no problem seeing Lucic as a jerk....we have alot of french-canadians, down here......The worst nature of extreme greed, is that it can't really be prosecuted, but it can be taxed....which brings us back to the Reich.....Notice that they are currently building their base....by fighting equal pay for women.....you know, when they aren't blocking a living wage, er minimum wage....lol.....Your nephew and the others should be home soon...Guess alot depends on their election......PS...Gauguin was best known for his paintings of Tahiti and i believe Bora-Bora....jungles, women.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#908 Apr 16, 2014
The background on Gaugain was helpful. I had my nose broken twice once by a puck and one by a bouncer..When i was under the influence of Mind altering & strong drink...The only thing I regret is getting it straightened back out..The puck broke it in a second, I dont even remember the other time...Getting it fixed was having it rebroken...very slowly...Absinthe capturing the spirit of the green fairy...Can't say I am familar with that fairy...The 4th Reich is based on a number of faulty assumptions.. supply side economics is based on two theories one is that 2 - 1 = 3, if you subtract you get more, It only worked when rates were 60% in 1980, and then the cuts were too large,.. second is that you get what you deserve...that their weath proves thier virtue and the rest of us...add to the mix some bellicose sabre rattling some crack pot theories on everything from FEMA to the location of the Presidents birth... And we have our self the mad 'haters' Tea party

Location hidden

#909 Apr 16, 2014
Chicago's Art Institute was a great place to grow up around...also went to Lourve in Paris....but the greatest art museum i have ever seen is the, Rikmuseum in Amsterdam.....I've had countless stitches, but only broke one finger.....got hurt bad on a horse once....Had a buddy with numerous broken noses, and when we slept over, you had to try hard to fall asleep first, cause the noise he made...lol....He wrestled at Florida..... I really want to see, Bad Boys...a 30 for 30 special on ESPN thursday nite....I've told you that the late, Chuck Daley was a business friend....i loved the guy, alway's supportive of me and used to tell me stuff about all aspects of the NBA and my beloved Bulls.....Bad Boys were the champs before Micheal......The main complaint i have about the top 2%....is the continous greed....Like $30...$50...$600 million, just isn't enough....ever.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#910 Apr 17, 2014
We are blessed with a real good art gallery Albright-Knox...Knox family are first class...First owners of the Sabres, great citizens...
Other than the nose breaking i had a couple broken fingers....Two knee jobs minicus and mcl, Ulnar nerve transfer (Tommy John type deal, left a magnificant 7 inch scar), Plate in my neck, Sports hernia, cronically torn groin muscle, more stitches than I could ever count...Those Detroit Piston teams the Daley coached were great.. the young Rodman was a frightening thing to see...Those teams were close enough to the lifespan of the Buffalo Braves for me to still be paying attention to NBA hoops...We got to see Wilt , Jabbar the great Celtic teams it was breathtaking how quickly John Y. Brown disassembled the team so he could move it...In order to fall below an attendance threshhold that let him tear up the lease he trading guys for cash or draft pick so he couldput a team out so bad no one would pay to see..a couple years and they were gone...trump made noises about buying the Bills...again

Location hidden

#911 Apr 17, 2014
You know that Rodman perfected a new rebounding move....of poking the ball to a point away from the opponent.....he's just an idiot when he is off the court...lol...Saw the overtime win by the Canadians last night...I'd rather see them advance, than Tampa.....You had alotta shit done to you....stear clear of the oxy, if you can....had a friend, who it screwed up....Pistons were fascinating, because they were the bullies, that stood in the way of the Bulls dynasty....Lambier and Rick Mahorn were scary too, Rodman was still a kid....i wanna see that tonight....I see Mad Men is back, you might like that show...kinda sexy and about NY in the 60's Madison Ave.....Did you see any of Putin's press conference...he lies without even blinking....i think it is NATO's call as they are intertwined with Russia in business and energy supplies.....Heard a stat on Cowherd....Has Buffalo lost 53% of it's peak population, in recent years?....That might effect any relocation debate, eh?....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#912 Apr 18, 2014
The Canadians game was one sided ..other than the score...Boston v. Detroit tonight...The Blues win was a entertaining game. ..Miller was shakey at the start but got stronger as it went on...I have had a few procedures , back has been out again so i had been on loritab... yesterday it was hard to be any fun...So it goes...The pistons were the Philadelphia Flyers of the NBA...Not talking todays so-so Flyers...I mean the broad street bullies...They had a lot of teams beat before the game started.. I was if they didn't mind if some mayhem caused them to lose a game it fed their Rep...That team beat the Sabre's in a Cup Final and they gave away a game with penalties...by the end of the series we were giving wide berth...You can't win on poke checks alone

Location hidden

#913 Apr 18, 2014
Hope your feeling better....your braver than me...my sister is getting a hysterectomy next week, too.....I watched the Blackhawks through the overtime, but ahead by a goal, they went into that turtle shell defense i hate, Blue's just stay in that zone, till they scored....so pissed, i turned it off....That BS, is like the prevent D.....I know what you mean about the Pistons....at the time i kinda hated them, because they were allowed to play like that....it was truly a different game, today....They showed Celtic Robert Parrish punch Laimbeer in the face twice...and stay in the game....They were who the Bulls eventually had to go through.....Saw a great HBO special about those Flyers....Am looking forward to Boston-Detroit tonight, but i could be voted down...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#914 Apr 19, 2014
I was in hockey heaven last night had montreal v. Tampa and Detroit v. Boston...I want to thank the man who invented picture in picture...went back and forth until the Canadians were clear winers then I saw Detroit win...Montreal is ether everything i was saying or Tampa is not as good as I thought...Lucic proved is manhood skated up behind DeKeyser and attacking hs balls....Put his stick between DeKeysers legs and lifted hard and fast...One of the most memorable brawls I was involved in started when a guys on my team performed a 'cup test' on an opponet...just like Lucic...That guy was tossed by us after that game...The Blue v. Hawks are this afternoon 3pm I think looking forward to it..but i may record it and go to the Blue v. White UB scrimmage...depends upon my back and how long todays buisness lunch lasts...The companies we hold that are suing each other in Delaware have cratered...carnage all over the place...asshills run these companies...Some of these guys are the dumbest smart guys you could imagine...Got a Buffalo Company that I am gonna pitch as a replacement..We all hated those flyer teams and I loved it when the Canadians beat them 4-0 and kicked their asses physically ending that teams reign of terror...Dave Shultz ended his days as a Sabre..met him and he turns out to be a pleasant guy...Goons can be great guys ...Rob Ray, nicest athelete i have ever met

Location hidden

#915 Apr 19, 2014
Watched the Redwing's win...classic 0-0, until Datsuyk make's a great play to score at only 3:09 left.....You could see, that Lucic and the rest were pissed...lol....I know what you mean about some big business types being a big letdown....Used to do business with alot of Doctors....I was shocked they could find their cars in the parking lot...Too book smart and not enough street smart....I need to remember that Blackhawks game, this afternoon...at least it can't go to 1 AM.....Why is the overtime system, different in the playoffs?....Why no shootouts?.....I don't get it....The old Flyers were much like the Bad Boys, Detroit Pistons...Same M.O.....Is Rob Ray, the guy that had the classic fight, you spoke of?....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#916 Apr 19, 2014
The reason for no shoot out in the playoffs is that hockey men would puke and rebell if that were to even be mentiioned bad enough you settle regular season games with a skills competition..to end the seventh game of a stanley cup would be an outrage ... that would be grosser than Lucic's cheap shot...You did see that ...very un-manly...I think the Blues v. Hawks game is at 3pm...The buisnessmen I am speaking of run small caps..each has one end of a gov't contract..the contract is worth more then the combined caps...Plenty of cash for both...But as long as one side or the other goes for it all..neither gets a cent...They have litagated their corporations into shells..Losing 1\4 of the share price since the beginning of the year...When a proposed shareholder lawsuit went no where..Managenment owns better than 40% of either company...we left..may both companies slowly sink into the sunset

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 40 min B S Detector 79
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 1 hr Freddie 1,002
News State holds unclaimed property - and it can be ... 7 hr TheMissingMoneyLady 1
bruce jenner!? who cares! 22 hr ricardo gran polla 6
News Victim in ponzi scheme comes forward (May '09) Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 40
are you texas enough? Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
News 1 dead, 4 injured after driver falls asleep, st... Mon robert 1
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]