College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
Comments
861 - 880 of 1,326 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#876 Apr 9, 2014
Kinda hoping that your back has'nt laid you up as it's been quiet on here?....UConn won both, just amazing when you consider what and where they are....I had a feeling that the young coach, Ollie is gonna be a great one, just a feeling....Feel old, since i easily remember his playing there.....Just watched the end of a 2003 Michigan-Minnesota....late comeback and win, by the Wolverines...saw Lamarr Woodley(LB-Steelers)...Steve Breaston(WR-Cardinals)....Jaso n Avant(WR- Eagles)....i think also the guard Steve Hutchinson.....Now, all we have is hockey....draft...then the neverending hell, that is baseball....lol...Hope your feeling well.....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#877 Apr 9, 2014
Yep. I tweeked the back...but some pills and rest....The UConn women not so amazing the men were quite the longshot...Napier was great...The final four is always a great event but usually you have 4 teams who where 1&2 seeds...In football terms the Huskies would have been in some minor bowl against UB...The BCS would have never considered them..good case for a football playoff including more than 4 teams..
Love watching football replays on BIG 10 network..late night a coupke of days ago saw Ohio St. v. Northwestern ....Hockey is winding down the regular season...The Sabres lost Luiween the top goalie from Rochester for the year so they scraped up some Russian named Markov up to be the 8th goaltender to dress this season...Remember Zemgus Girgensson... he is Nolans pet, from the Latvian national team, he has above average abilities and he goes 'balls to the wall' every shift ...This kid has a big future...Baseball barely enters my conciousness...The game lost it's charm when the sissies started wearing gloves...banning the spikes up Ty Cobb slide...Actually I lost intrest when everyone pretended that steriod freaks like Sosa, McGuire, A-Rod and thier phoney HR records were legit...the all too late mea culpa seems weak

Location hidden

#878 Apr 9, 2014
Let's face it Bull, if UConn can win both basketball titles in two days....that is an amazing occurance, and they have done it twice....they don't even need football.....Though, i recall them with a winner 3-5 years ago....Guess your Sabres are gonna be drafting a young goalie, eh?....Saw something about the Bills in the HOF game, on August 3rd?, maybe.....They mentioned on ESPN, that Jim Kelly had chemo yesterday and that his wife said he was doing well....what an awful place to have cancer, jaw and mouth.....Don't know if i told you, but i thought i hit the NHL cable jackpot.....#771-#776, every game every day.....Shazaam, too good to be true....lol...guess it was a free thing, like they do sometimes.....Comcast buying Time-Warner is going to Congress, this week.....I think it is a nightmare consumer scenario....but, am amazed i see so little about it on here......Hang in there, remember better health, thru chemicals.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#879 Apr 9, 2014
At UConn football is second fiddle they did win a Big East title a few years back and have had a couple bowl teams, but their hoops teamsmust cast a big shadow on campus...The Sabres will pick the best player available...Enroth and Nuevrith are capable NHL goalies, The pair from Rochester Hackett and Luiween both young so there is no rush at the position, Ben Bennett is a Center from Kingston Ont. and is the consensus #1...ime warner and comcast will get their deal approved...The house is not inclined to extert regulatory muscle...Them folks believe the marketplace always knows best...The Bills play in the HOF game this comming aug...I think most coaches would rather have the practices than the HOF game...The Bills also imported the Bucs disease, 6th rd. pick for Mike Williams the WR who was stabbed by his brother...The Buffalo News came down heavy on the Bills...Calling them downright stupid...Giving Williams zero slack for being a hometown product...

Location hidden

#880 Apr 10, 2014
Mike Williams for a 6th round pick is a steal, as i don't think he anything more than the victim in that stabbing...unless you've heard otherwise....Maybe with all this shit coming down about the Dolphins locker room blowing up.....these teams are thinking about team social chemistry, alot more.....I'm afraid that unles huge changes are made within much of the black community....thugs are the future.....BTW, do you get into the NCAA Frozen Four, in hockey? Too bad we don't get any media attention for the NHL draft, eh? or baseball....only the NBA and NFL....Allowing Comcast to buy Time-Warner, would mean that 46 of the 48 largest metropolitan areas, in the U.S......would have one choice for cable television....those stakes are too large, to allow that acquisition......just saying.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#881 Apr 10, 2014
Many of those 46 markets already have monopolies in cable TV, Buffalo is one of them...Not to say that further cementing these monopolies in place is a good idea...What I am saying is the conditon that you fear is already in place...Love hockey at all levels so i do watch frozen 4...N. Dakota v. Minnesota is the prime match up...Union is the underdog...gotta watch that one at 5:30...It's just that the Sabre's and the NHL have absorbed much of the time I got for commenting on hockey... Mike Williams moved in to a quiet gated community and basically ran a whore house...stripper poles included...The fact that his 1\2 brother was the guy who stabbed him doesn't make it understandable...Williams gave Syracuse one good year before F*cking up, gave Tampa one year..maybe he gives the Bills one good year before he gets chased out of town...I am glad no one here is giving him any benefit of the doubt...

Location hidden

#882 Apr 10, 2014
What you guys could do, is have a contest with the Redskin fans....to see whose Wideouts get arrested first.....the Thug Sweepstakes.....Tampa would be an easy place to screw up....kinda a stale beer combination of Strip joints, retirees and pro wrestlers....Comediane Dave Attell says on a map, Florida look's like a giant penis....about to shoot a load of freedom, all over Cuba.....lol....Well, Tampa Bay may be the taint...lol... Yeah, N. Dakota- Minnesota is possibly the final...Kinda pull for North Dakota, cause I've been to the Dakota's...lol....Ever been there?...Imagine driving 20-25 minutes without seeing another car....ever see the movie, Fargo?....Watched some of Redwings-Penguins last night...it's hard watching the wings so injured....hope they can make it into the playoffs....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#883 Apr 10, 2014
Red wings are in all they needed last night was one point and thats what they got, any walking wounded get a week off...If the end up playing Pittsburg they seem to match up well , they could beat the pens if they dont get them its the Bruins, can't see them winning there. I drove through South Dakota twice there is some topography in the western half the worst state to drive though is Kansas...The interstate goes from one end to the other with out so much as a mild curve If you got good tires an aligned front end and a cruise control you could take a cat nap and not even change lanes...Seen Fargo liked the Canuck accents eh...Spring football is upon us, a topic that we barely mention...UB will be fun to watch, we will see how smart Lou Tepper the Defensive co-ordinator is...the Buffalo News has mentioned Kalhil Macks name 10 X for every one time they mention his possible replacement....The Bills have the inside tract on the thug-stakes we got Williams and Stevie Johnson...our cup runnith over

Location hidden

#884 Apr 10, 2014
You are right, in that the Redwings may have a better chance againest the Pens.....the Bruins are much more scary...in fact, i think they are stronger than the Blackhawks, going into this season's playoffs....Hey, i think Heat-Pacers play Friday, for #1 seed.....and also they hate eachother.....lol....like hockey, eh?....Had relatives in S. Dakota....Mt. Rushmore, Corn Palace and Wall Drug....then nothing....drove through southern Wyoming, it was straight like Kansas....miles and miles of mothballed tanks, halftracks, airplanes and old helicopters....very surreal, kinda like a Outter Limits episode.....or the great film, Best Years Of Their Lives.....Incredible that the Bill's would have two thugs at WR....I can't think of any other current team with two....can you?....We're getting closer to getting another yellow lab puppy....our chocolate lab, Dixie is getting older.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#885 Apr 10, 2014
I hope that Dixie has some quality time remaining...We used to have two dogs and two cats and the universe was in balance...Lucy & Ricky...Lucy a Rott\ doberman mix passed on...we got a third cat and the world went out of balance...poor Rickey (Shepp\Collie) now thinks he's a cat...I wonder if there is a reputible doggie shrink
Been through Wyoming and parts of it do give Kansas a run for it's money...Would love to see the tank grave yard that would be cool...I want a halftrack...be the ultimate urban vehicle...Union just took a 3-2 lead over B.C....Bruins do seem to be the top team in the east...But...watch for Montreal I think that they are the only team in the east that has a prayer v. Boston...Pro hoops doesn't make it for me we all got some sport that we dont love...

Location hidden

#886 Apr 11, 2014
I used to ignore tennis, like you with the NBA...except some of the women are kinda hot....Especially often the russian girls...lol....anything with a "rinca" or "ova", at the end of their last names....as i have seen old russian women, these girls are at their absolute zenith.....Look's like every draft guy has Kahlil Mack going either 4th or 5th.....that is quite an accomplishment for UB......Yeah, Dixie has some time, we think....we had all three yellow, black and chocolate labs at one time...but we are down to two dogs, now......I had a chance for a red, female doberman puppy once, and passed.....also offered a free Bull Mastiff puppy once, but glad i passed, as they drool, much like St. Bernards.....I've alway's wanted a German Shorthaired Pointer.....but, she has her heart set on another lab.....I would love to see Montreal and Toronto come back into prominence....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#887 Apr 11, 2014
The Maple leafs are set to clear the deck.. the collapse was more than they could put up with...Word is the Brendon Shanahan is suppose to leave the NHL front office and take over the Leafs...Matt Hackett played a great game in goal for the Sabres last night , still lost. Markov the back up goalie is slated to dress for the Boston on sat. afternoon then join the Rochester Americans for the evening game as the starter...I don't know if anyone ese has dressed for two games in a single day...there are 3 healthy goalies in the system..Union won that was decent the 3rd period of Minn. v. N. Dak. was special Minn. scoring with 0.006 left on the clock.
I have a feeling mack may end up in Florida...it would be a home comming for him from Ft. Pierce ...Mastiffs and Bernards are off the menu here fr the same reason...have a friend with a Great Dane...it is a cup cake...like a pony sized lap dog

Location hidden

#888 Apr 11, 2014
Another problem with mastiffs, great danes and saint bernards is that they only live like 7-9 years, and that is too quick....I've had two dogs make it past 14...which is a tad easier on the heart.....Union College in NY....i have never heard of them, but the ESPN guys say they play great defense, like North Dakota....That must have been a brutal loss for them.....Seem's i can only recall the Mapleleafs being really good, once or twice in my lifetime....Saw a preseason Top 25 College Football list with no Michigan on it....i like Brady Hoke, but he may not get more than this season to get them back to prominence....they were 7-6, last year and that just won't do in Ann Arbor.....especially while, MSU and OSU are getting better.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#889 Apr 11, 2014
It's too hard when a pet dies... may they all hang around a good long time.. have had a couple terriers that where around 15 years...Those kids from N. Dakota looked stunned...they we so sure it was going into OT...Minn. scored at the end of a penalty so N. Dak. had all the chances up till the goal...Union is in Schenectady...close to New York City The leafs went to the confrence finals a couple times in the last 10 - 15 seasons last cup was 1964 ...The Wolverines could have a hard time keeping pace with the Buckeyes as long as the Spartans are this good..I would imagine the two schoools compete for a lot of recuits...Also i get the feeling that a 7 win season wont sit too well unless Ohio st. is one of your wins. With the Bulls no pressure 6-6 would be a decent year....Another bowl and someone might poach coach Quinn

Location hidden

#890 Apr 12, 2014
Yeah, the 64 Mapleleafs may be a faded memory....somebody named Horshak or Horton....several flat-top haircuts and highlights in Black & White.....lol.....Sawchuk?.... ..I well remember Butch Wax and flatops.....cuban heels...horseshoe cleats.....sharkskin jackets with blk. velvet collars.....That was just before my times......Do you think Union has a chance againest Minnesota.? I think they play today......Yeah, i don't have a good feeling about Michigan, this year....Devin Gardner only completed two passes, in their spring game....Still say, that kid has sick skills, but so inconsistent....Seem's the black quarterback experience for them has had very mixed results.....Need to go back to the tall, white kids from California....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#891 Apr 12, 2014
The 1967 Maple Leaf team was the end of a 6 year run with 4 cups wins...There is a fun bit of NHL trivia here ..In 1951 the leafs win in 7 game ...overtime...Bill Birilko scored the goal to win.. later when he was flying back to his northern Ontario home, when his two seat plane crashed...The leafs wouldn't win another cup untill a couple days after his body was laid to rest...Hence Bill Birilko's curse..."Tragically hip" a Canadian band detail it nicely in "50 mission cap".....Roy is the coach of the year...but he didn't do it with out talent..the Av's had stock pilied youth by being as bad as the Sabres...Goodell on his own can't prevent a team from moving and Al Davis proved that you can't stop a move even if the other owners agree that it is a bad move...The reasons for wanting to move are simple...Build a 'Jerry world" type stadium like the Cowboys have and 100,00 seats 33% Bigger than Buffalo's 75,000 you would be charging and average price that is substancially higher...Those seats would be sold with one of the seat licence fee deals, by which the new fans pay for the privilidge of being able to buy a season ticket...and you keep 100% of any additional revenue generated by Luxury boxes (And the diffrence between Buffalo and L.A. here is uncountable) also resteraunts, bars, and parking...The math on that adds up very quickly

Location hidden

#893 Apr 13, 2014
I alway's thought that the Canadian chain, Hortons was started by a Leaf from the past, Tim Horton....I loved Roy as a player, so am happy that he can do so well, as a coach....Union won it all, and with no scholorships....amazing, as i can think of few team sports where you could pull that off....and with only one player, already drafted by the NHL....F'ing Amazing....especially in the context of today's sports.....I've been through Jacksonville many time and it looks like zero....Jaguars could move and very few here in Florida could care less....three teams is a lot, for this state....it's not as concentrated, like NY or even California.....Went to Fins games for years....but we don't anymore, especially with HDTV.....Do you know that Jerry spent a Billion on that stadium.....doubt that there are many around, willing to throw down like that....Though, Jerry seems more turned on by the Cowboy's television ratings, than getting into the playoffs....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#894 Apr 13, 2014
Tim Horton was a Leaf..But he died a Sabre ...Horton played his last 2 seasons in Buffalo... Sabres played a game in Toronto so Horton who lived in Toronto stayed an extra day ...He was driving back to Buffalo on the QEW a race track of a highway ...killed in a wreck...his folks grew the donut shop he started in Toronto in to the chain it is today...Union's win was fun to watch...entertaining game...Sabres have a nother injured goalie makes 4 of them...They signed a guy who was cut twice this year buy ECHL teams..he made his debut...9 Goalies dressed this season...
There aren't many guys with the cash that Jerry Jones has...But they do exist and LA still could be a football gold mine...You are right about the Jags having the inside track in a race to LA...Jus saying there are more lucrative places to have a team than Buffalo...To keep the team in town...We need a community joint ownership deal...Maybe a new stadium the Ralph was opened in 1972...And a new Stadium should carry Wilson's name...

Location hidden

#895 Apr 13, 2014
Would'nt count on Wilson being honored with the stadium naming, as down here they screwed over Joe Robbie....once he died they renamed it the Minute Maid/Sunkist something....most down here still call it after Robbie....ie, Jerry Jones....i alway's wished Paul Allen would buy the Raiders and either move them to LA or Portland....with Seattle's success, i think Oregon could support it.....They were telling about Minnesota had 18 scholorships for hockey, and that Union had none...a really outstanding feat.....Guess tonite starts the last season of Mad Men, on AMC....have you ever watched that?....Pretty cool in that it is set in the late 60's, along with the story....I bet this Master's rating are suffering, due to no Tiger or Phil.....So, i was kinda right, about Horton?....See there, i am still lucid...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#896 Apr 13, 2014
Quit giving yourself high fives for being right about Horton...You could pull a muscle plus..I expect you to be right ...some of the time...The Saddest note on Tim Hortons death...He had a hopped up Italian sports car ..He was clocked at better than twice the spped limit ..His blood alcohol level was over 2.2 twice the Canadian limit and he was geeked up on pain killers....Unions win was great the goalie and the captain both look like they should be solid pros...The soccer update you hold your breath for New England 2-0 over Houston..so after giving up 4 in his first game friends step son has let up 4 in the next 5 games...You are right about Ralph Wilsons name most likely not being on a new stadium...which is sick...for a couple million bucks you will forget the guy who made it possible...Oakland may be ugly but there is something right about the Raiders being there...Portland would be a good place for a team... You wanna see you Tea party "friends" turn a pretty shade of red? Show them this link....
http://nypost.com/2013/10/26/u-s-eh-united-st...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 7 hr Phil 1
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... 7 hr Phil 1
why war with isis? 8 hr Phil 17
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 14 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Wed Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... Wed Faith 3
Local News Women (Apr '09) Aug 26 Zee 2,297
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search