College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
Comments
821 - 840 of 1,274 Comments Last updated Yesterday

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Dennard Robinson and Brian Griese were great in college....If teams would have protected Griese, he coulda been more in the NFL....the Dolphins had him and Henne, but they really dropped the ball on Brian....Hell, he won the NCAA Championship in '97.....Harbaugh is real hyper, and i can recall his tangling with Ditka alot.....Often wonder what might have happened, if an organization like the Steelers or Patriots would have drafted several of those guys.....i think that has a ton to do with success.....We should be hearing soon about ships close and retrieving some of that debris.....Start thinking about your pick for the March Madness final....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Griese had one or two decent seasons in Denver...He was a decent QB but he didn't wow them with the measurables speed size and arm strength...That can be a tough thing to overcome, so many coaches are like Phillips and give extra credit to the guy who looks best in the uniform...But the NCAA championship or even a Heisman isn't the sign of a sure thing ...Wuerful, Ward and Tebow...Ward had Basketball, the other two where never going to be an NFL QB's no matter how much you squinted and hoped...Your Surroundings have a lot to do with sucess...Not just in sports... but there are limits andin the cases of Wuerful and Tebow... they weren't good enough plain and simple..Greise was on an ok Denver team Henne has changed teams ever season or so it seems .. a sure way to flatten out a carrer trajectory.
When do you want the pick Or wanna pick winners from here to the end ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

For tonight, i will take Stanford, Florida, Wisconsin and a stretch...San Diego State....lol.....my homey Steve Fischer.......Dolphins signed Knowshon Moreno today, a talented back, but i hated him watching Peyton's tipped pass, and allowing the Seahawks LB, behind him... to break on the ball....remember that sad play from the SB?.....Bronco's had a handful....It's still the wife's fault for not having her Peyton jersey on till halftime...lol....Henne actually has a strong arm, but he does'nt discern different uni's well....lol....Now on the news they are saying, that there is so much garbage, always floating in the southern Indian Ocean...that finding the specific debris is gonna be tough.....also the FAA announced that they are speeding up a plan to put GPS on all commercial aircraft in U.S......Nice, but won't help you going from Manila to Tokyo.....on a foreign carrier....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

We have 3 of 4 different i had Arizona as a possible champion , Wisconsin, UCLA winning the toss up game. And Dayton still doing the Cinderella. Makes it better than if we had 4 matches Tomorrow i will take your Michigan, Iowa St. Louisville and my co favorite for the title...Virginia wins...There were so many sad plays for Denver , from the opening kick on it was a bad show...I think that Moreno is an up grade for the fish...If Henne could have found a home with a poor QB situation, like Buffalo he might be a good starting QB. It sucks but at least a player wont spend a career locked in to a bad situation, free agency helps them to circulate some. Them putting a GPS on all domestic flights is probably meaningless..Most crashes in the USA happen within visual contact with the Airport...And putting it on that fateful jet would have been meaningless to the passengers...As the terrorists take your flight out to sea which part is going to piss you off most.. That the plane is about to go down ... or that they might not find your fish pecked corpse?...A GPS wouldn't have prevented anything...so its value is marginal to those passengers..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

One for four, gee i suck....lol....i can improve Friday with Michigan, Iowa State, Louisville and Michigan State.....I think Louisville is one of those street smart teams, that is capable of winning this deal again.....Pitino is a wizard.....Their are many variations on GPS....Mine would transmit to it's end, which would be the area of arrival, so to speak and another problem is that our FAA can only dictate American carriers.....Johnny Football has had a great proday, and may be back in the Texans sights....You know, they are a loaded team, for having a #1 pick....usually they are the total dogs....Saw where that fire in Boston, where two firemen lost their lives, was only three doors from Tom Brady's brownstone....Saw an article, showing him outside watching......I see Christie's lawyers studied everything and found, he was blameless....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

3 of 4 so i am +2 on you . Plenty of games left...Tonight we agree on Louisville, Michigan and ISU...For you to gain ground Michigan St. has to be one of my two co- favorites Virginia....Strongly agree about Pitino
I had Henne's pro history all jumbled...For some reason I had him in Chicago, before miami....well there are about 1750 nfl roster spots can't keep them all straight...
Have you read about the Northwestern football lawsuit...They want to form a union The implications are enormous. Currently they are upset about medical care for long term injury, about how a kid gets cut off of a team and loses scholarship...But some kind of a play for pay is on the way...If all NCAA sports operate that way look for schools to drop any sport that is not a money maker...As far as GPS on planes your right the problem is the fact it only applies to domestic flights...my point any domestic flight is bound to be on a radar screen somewhere. that disaster would be impossible to duplicate here.
Losing firemen and cops in the line of duty is sad..inthe last year in western NY we have had at least 3 incidents where a guy calls the cops or starts a fire and shoots at them when they arrive. days after Sandyhook there was a guy who started his own house on fire and shot a couple responders....
Pat Robertson pines for the good old days...when you could hunt down and kill fags....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Problem with the unionizing of the Northwestern kids is that another of their demands, is to be able to transfer, at anytime.....that's not gonna fly....The coverage for sports injuries is a no brainer.....With like 66 football scholarships, there is no cutting after the recruit has signed....Schools need to be better judges of talent.....even on the benched, get to keep their ride.....Actually, many of our larger carriers fly overseas....Delta is all over Europe and i have flown to Japan on both United and American....Part of me is starting to think that, other than finding out what happened, those people should just be considered buried at sea....and possibly the ones that are under 40 feet of mud.....your thoughts?.....We just had two screwy teenagers down here, kill a cop....then take their own lives....Was Ray Rice's deal, more than a domestic? Tigers sign Cabrera to 10 years at $292 million.....somethings wrong with that....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

The logic for maintaining scholarship is if a kid alters his plans he should be protected when the university alters its plans...When coach Quinn came to Buffalo he chased several kids out of the prom includidng the Starting QB Zak Maynard who started 2 years at Cal...Others had to go to Div.III where scolarships don't exists or to Iaa where the scholarships are partial...
I agree the victims should be considered Buried at sea...but, ideally that is the perogative of the families. With nothing ideal ...But if i were in charge i would be hard pressed to risk living men for dead
I heard that Rice knocked his girlfriend out cold...That her lawyer made noises to the effect that it was her fault? and that the ..happy ' couple has resolved this..The Ravens say Rice is a fine man as well.
Did you hear about Colts owner Irsay...Pull over for driving way under the speed limit...$29k spread out inside the call along with several bags full of perscription drugs hearsay says not all of the pills were Irsay's...He said he was lost...That last part ...sounds right

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

Eagles cut DeSean Jackson....Yeah, and his outrageous talent could'nt overcome his thugness....He is the one i told you about his uncle's interview before the draft, that he was turning over a new leaf for the NFL.....Imagine having to just drop, someone with that much game....they said he actually flashed actual gang signs, into the stands, during a game....evidently there is a bad article due, within days.....About Rice, he has a spotless record so far...at Rutgers too.....Wonder why it was'nt considered a violent domestic? As she is his fiancee, and they are still together...bet there is video, from inside the elevator.....Best game tonight should be Louisville-Kentucky....stupid that they are in the same region, i think......Don't you think Irsay has looked kinda goofy, the last couple times, they have shown him on TV?....Did i mention anything about the Ohio State AD getting an $18,000 bonus for a wrestler winning a National Champ?...He already makes over $850,000 a year base.....Know how hard up some areas of Ohio are?....Ever see Youngstown?.....More Buckeye Bullsh*t....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

There is something about the Rice case that hits me is what are we supposed to make of the 'clean' record he had at Rutgers or so far at Baltimore...It is had to picture a first offense being that violent...I dont think that is typical for a "good" guy...Make you wonder if someone at Rutgers was his gardian angel...It is good to see Phlly shed it's thug should happen more often...Speaking of thug's are any teams interested in Incognito? The OSU AD getting that bonus doesn't supprise that is typical rich guy arrogance...As if the AD contributed $18K in value to that kids life or his wrestling...Game of the night Louisvile v. Kentucky don't know Virginia v. MichiganSt. could be the best match up...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

Thought Michigan was gonna blow it there....and Spartans are through....not Louisville....i fell asleep and missed the end of the late games.....Rice could have been protected by Rutgers, i am noticing that many from NJ are a rough and abrasive group, at least down here....and am i correct in that everyone from Rhode Island is corrupt and Italian...lol....just saying....Incognito has been around here, someone reported him in a Palm Beach restaurant....he might have blackballed himself....I've been pushing Ohio taxpayers about the OSU AD's bonus....i love this shit......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

I went 1 of 4 last night you got 2 winning the night. I was up two the first night and am+1 on the weekend. Saw some of Michigans game..tough way to losefor the Vols. On to days games I'll take Dayton.(heart over head) and Arizona...According to the Buffalo News the Sabres and Ted Nolan agree'd to an extension...
Speaking of rough and abrasive and from Jersey...Christie on he scandal in an AP interview
" There is no questionthis shakes your confidence, If it doesn't your arrogant".....
and then asked about the 'in house' report that put him above blame he said...
" I am confident the report will stand the test of time"
I read those lines carefully..I think he is saying that he is arrogant

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

I doubt Chris Christie has ever had a shortage of arrogance, when he was asked if it was good that Bridgegate did'nt happen during his re-election, he said, "We had the election last year, I was re-elected with 61%.....".....GOP is very short of quality....They won't get Jeb Bush, either....too centrist.....I've got Florida and Arizona....i figure the Badgers dream, has to end sometime.....Spent the morning at Lowes, buying dirt(potting soil) and some plants....i like Lowes, i never feel like i am paying retail for everything, like at Home Depot.....They have a lightbulb, so special that it is $22.....probably last longer than us, huh?...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Judged:

0-2 yesterday you were 1-1 makes us even. Today i will take Michigan and Michigan state...Didn't watch too much basketball last night. Went to the Sabres game the inducted Dominik Hasek into the hall of fame...The team had to wait until the previous g.m. was gotten rid of in oder for Hasek to accept the honor...Stamkos scored an 'own goal' on a delayed penalty the lightening goalie at the bench Stamkos off base pass went into their unprotected goal...Tampa 4-3 in OT....Here is the result you were holding your breath about New England 2-1 over SanJose...The Revolutions first goal of the season was an 'own goal'..Bobby my buddies step son was solid ...Christie has committed political suicide in order to win by a big enough margin to intimidate the Dems. Good for all of those TEA's... bad news for the country The $22 light bulb would be worth it if it outlived me the problem is what if i drop it....Then the economics shifts quickly...We have Lowes and Home Depot near by ...I go to Value home center...Smaller doesn't have a corporate feel..and the employees aren't McDonald's rejects

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Judged:

....Wisconsin over Arizona was outrageous....thought the refs blew some calls....We agree, on both Michigan and Michigan State....Kentucky center is injured, i believe......Hated seeing the kids in Tucson act out, when Arizona lost....Had a great vacation there, years ago...They have a place, Old Tucson....where all our favorite western shows and movies were filmed, quite the place.... .Your hockey games, sounds like the event, except the winner.....I alway's liked Hasek, but you are much more knowledgable on NHL....One of my faves, returns today...Indy Car Racing on ABC at 2-3, i grew up on CART Racing, which melded into Indy series....gonna be a busy afternoon.....Yeah, i think Christie pissed away his political future.....Jeb Bush and Jon Huntsman are the only ones left....that i can stand....The rest, have allowed too much obstruction....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Judged:

Dominik Hasek is severly nuerotic. A pain in the ass...most importantly, the best goaltender ...anywhere, anytime...period He took teams that wasn't much better than this one into the playoffs on more than one occation.. given a decent team he took it to a series of confrence finals and a cup final...Hull's foot was in the crease and it should have been no goal... I digress...add to it the Nagano olympics when the Czechs took gold... I rest my case... Nascar or Indy car just don't make my radar screen...I was way off base on Dayton..so much for Cinderella...You said a week ago that you didn't think Michigan was going anywhere, I bet your happy to see them exceed expectation...Michigan v. Michigan St. could be a historic match up...Christie still may have a political future... He clearly has no principles and is a political whore. If he isn't sunk by this scandal that is....How about Paul \ Christie...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Watched the end of Bruins-Flyers, in a shootout Bruin win....i think they are the best team, this season......Spartans blew it, did'nt take care of the ball...Easy to see that Isso was pissed with all the mistakes....UCONN is good, especially Napier, their guard.....I meant i did'nt think Wolverines would get back to the finals, as last year would be hard to meet, especially without their best big....Did'nt know Morgan would step up this well....and that Stauskus had such a complete game...You know, how hard it gets when your heart gets into it.....Funny thing about my race is that AJ Foyt has been kinda a redneck, over the years and this season, his car is driven by Takumo Sato.....a great, young Japanese driver.....AJ Foyt says he is the only young driver that isn't a clown....lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Bruins are the best team in the east .. the Penguins have to be respected..The Canadians may be the team Boston fears most Vanek gives them just enough scoring they need PK Subban to play a smart game...he is one of those guys with thin skin he is too valuable to taking chicken sh*t retaliation penalties...Saw about 1\2 the UConn win they looked impressive...Makes you wonder how they ended up with such a crappy seed....Your heart making your bets is probabily the quickest way to lose. no to say thinking about makes you a sure winner ... which is why i would never bet on or against Buffalo...Nascar and it's fans at the machne shop were fun...I would tease them about driving home not being a legitimate sport...If they rose to the bait i would ask them to explain the point system.... hey a goal is always one in hockey... i appreciate the skill that it takes to drive insanely fast ... but...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Well, both Michigan teams are history....Michigan-Kentucky was the best game i have seen in this tournament....i am good, as they played their hearts out....got to the final last year and to the elite eight, this year...Sparty going down busted alot of brackets....UCONN, Kentucky and Wisconsin are playing better now, than during the season...FL was SEC Champ.....That is the mystery of March Madness....in who will step it up.....I'm surrounded by NASCAR, here in the south....i prefer what is called, open wheel racing....but, i have also seen about 5-6 peole killed, and in live action on ABC...they alway's cover CART/Indy......Saw a segment about Jim Kelly, and sadly i think he is in pretty bad shape...Cancer can be brutal...it took my Mom and Grandma...My mom passed at the age i am now.....Hope Kelly can beat it back, eh?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Most of the brackets have been already busted by Dayton and UConn. But those two Michigan games busted the rest. Seen the second half of Michigan's loss the kid who hit that 3 at the end killed the Wolveines...He looked as cool as a tall glass of lemonade on that last shot...The final four should be a great weekend...All good thought and if your incined prayers should include one for Jim Kelly...My brother died of Pan-Coste Cancer it formed on the outside of his lung and ate through ribs and spine... it was the hardest thing i had ever been through ..being there went he passed on was almost a relief....Writing and delivering his eulogy was an honor...
Bills fans had their own wake for Ralph Wilson...With out it being organized, I had heard it mentioned once... a couple thousand showed at the stadium and tailgated yesterday....Thank you Ralph....The news carried a story on the Wilson estate....$320 million reasons for selling the team...That is the tax bill that his heirs will assume...It's hard to shed a tear for the heir of a $ 1b ...but...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 1 hr Phil 775
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 7 hr Gville Jim 56
When will the poledancer grow a set? 9 hr Phil 1
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) 18 hr JACK 216
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) Sun My Son My Son 38
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Jul 26 hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Jul 26 Barbie 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search