College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#814 Mar 24, 2014
Check this out...on the Racism in America thread on the New York forum....check out the site on the last post....incredible....

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#815 Mar 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Check this out...on the Racism in America thread on the New York forum....check out the site on the last post....incredible....
That wasn't the first post on this thread.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#816 Mar 25, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The link in the last post... a who's who of the hard right
Not to ruin things with football talk...in a couple of days spring practice starts...It will be an interesting spring the Bulls lost a lot to graduation, in Mack, Oliver and Nuetz It will be fun to watch and see who becomes the playmakers on both sides of the ball.
In a couple of days Jim Kelly will under go a second cancer surgery....It was told in the Buffalo News that his cancer is aggressive and fast moving...I know we are on different side in the Kelly v. Marino rivalry but Dan was one of the well wishers...also maybe 10-12 or so years ago the was a flag football game at UB a fund raiser for Hunters Hope a charity for terminally ill children started after Kelly's son was born with an incurable condition...Marno clayton and duper, several other old Dolphins came up to support Kelly then.... It was great to see then and i am sure there are Dolphin prayers with Kelly's name on them today

Location hidden

#817 Mar 25, 2014
That sure is sad about Jim Kelly...he seem's so young, too...younger than us, huh?....Marino also has a son with some problem, and him and Kelly have known eachother forever, so i would project that they likely help eachother with charity events....After we caught up on the latest, Walking Dead episode last night, i watched the end of an exciting Canadians-Bruins game, ended in a shootout.....Do you really think, all that black on white crime, is a product of the right? I had no idea, there were that many incidents like that....down here they usually take up four of the first five crime events on the local news....for a group that represents 12 percent of the population....that reality seem's extreme, to me.....should we write it off to economic/social circumstance?....

Buffalo, NY

#818 Mar 25, 2014
That Montreal v. Boston game was classic they were going after it big time some huge hits...Budaj played great, the Sabres play the Habs tonight...
With Kelly and Marino i loved that rivalry and bless them both for keeing it between the lines...Btw Jim was the better QB...
No you may have misunderstood me on crime...and on the observation on that link...You can't deny it..that link contained some toxic ingredients..
First the crimes are real and there are violent black racists....but are you sure that that site is reporting accurately, for example Briebart is known to be loose with facts for political effect. There is a bit of deception in this, crime in general is way down from when we were younger. If you were to take this at face value you would reach the opposite conclusion. So i am putting a massive grain of salt on the site and it's contents with out saying the crime doesn't exist. And some has race motive... however
Those without rob those that have , some crime is more economic then race... and most black violent crime is black on black...
If you will forgive the tasteless pun ...It ain't as Black and White as those with a right winged agenda would like to believe

Location hidden

#819 Mar 25, 2014
Marino was a better passer and better looking....lol....Yeah, i totally get the Bruins-Habs rivalry...they were really smashing eachother....loved the first goal, off the bruin defender's stick..ended the Boston winning streak....lol...Wonder what's up with the Mapleleafs dive?....Remember me telling you what an a-hole DeSean Jackson was?....Even Chip Kelly does'nt want any part of him anymore....a good example of previous behavior predicting future behavior....maybe the Bills could get him, then him and Stevie could knife eachother....lol....black on black.....sorry.....As far as the extensive violent black on white crime....watch for vigilante action to be found, where some in law enforcement and local citizenry, just start making badguys disappear.....you'll recall this conversation, when it shows up on the news.....

Buffalo, NY

#820 Mar 25, 2014
Dan was better looking..errr ummm ok .. i will just take your word..and I already had conceded te better passer title to dan...He also is better at public speaking..But If i had both available to lead my team, particularly in Buffalo with the weather factor...Got to take Jim...The leafs didn't get what they needed most at the deadline..a quality goalie...If the had been they team to pick up Miller then they would be in far better shape... They still are in a big cluster of teams going for the last couple playoff spots...I remember you mentioning Jackson and I mentioned how Lovie Smith was sick of Buffalo's own ..Mike Williams..his house was basically a whore house...Williams was stabbed in the leg..He isn't talking to the police..so with Stevie it would be a 3 way...
Vigilante justice is an oxymoron there is bound to be a lot of Travyon Martins and if that is the case ... And i will not endorse vigilantism... I refer to Blackstone rinciple, a bedrock of western justice. A principle that is articulated explicitly in the constitution. Out linded in the amendments that establish U.S. legal rational..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone 's_formulation
There is a lot of repair work that needs to be done on our legal system making it counter-legal isn't a repair but a surrender

Location hidden

#821 Mar 25, 2014
Just had topix erase a long post.....Sorry about Ralph Wilson....Heard Marv Levy and Bills talk highly about him....95, at least he was blessed by that....Felt bad, back when Halas died, even Al Davis, tho he screwed up the club before.....Mike Williams got stabbed by his sorta brother...Thugs in the NFL...lol....It's like a joke from God, that these guys make $6-$10 million a season,,,,too bad they're so frickin talented....Did you notice in the N.Carolina game, a big named McAdoo?, is he the son of the Bob? Handsome kid, about 6'10"......Our new group of phones went weird today, glad i thought to unplug, then plug back in.....more stuff gets fixed, that way...lol...Have i ever asked you if the Bills ever had a linebacker, Dan or Jim Jillek? About the OJ period..or post....He woulda played DE at Go Blue.....We may differ on crime reduction...lol...I'd like to write a book, about a tough, crime-ridden midwestern city, that slowly drops violent crime, thru mysterious means......lol....

Buffalo, NY

#822 Mar 25, 2014
Dan Jillek 1976-79 #51 from Michigan...Ralph was the only owner of the team and now it will be sold...the new buyer most likely wont have a committment to the area... Los Angles Bills..Toronto Bills with them playing one game a year here...You never know and i wouldn't put anything past a Billionaire...I am pretty sure that that is bob McAdoo's son McAdoo was a heck of a player...But the Billionaire that owned the Buffalo Braves sold out and John Y. Brown bought the team and he said he intended to move the team ASAP, Memorial Auditorium had a lease that had an escape clause tied to attendance...So John Y.gave away players in order to field a team so bad no one would in their right mind pay to see it...included was a deal with New York. Bob AcAdoo and tom McMillen our 2nd Center for the Knicks back up center and a pile of cash...I see the bills future writen in the Braves past Cooking some nice fat chops ... i gotta cut out here i'll address the rest

Location hidden

#823 Mar 26, 2014
Thanks for finding about Dan.....his knee cut his career short, as happens with so many.....Imagine, Ralph Wilson buying the team for $25K, at the start of the AFL?....Hope they don't move anywhere else....I don't think they are inline for LA.....more likely the Raiders or Jaguars.....As i have mentioned before, i have always wanted a Silicone Valley billionaire to buy the Raiders and restore the glory...lol.....This Oso, Washington mudslide....did you know, these people had all been warned about the high probability of mudslides, for years....they ignored it, even issueing more building permits....Thought it was cool, when they found the chocolate lab....I know that you guys have bad weather, because we are having our last cool night....like looking at weather trends, except backwards...

Buffalo, NY

#824 Mar 26, 2014
No problem finding jillek... I can't say that I remember the guy although the name is somewhat familiar...There was a full section of the Buffalo News dedicated to Ralph...I have to praise him for keeping the team here, in spite of the fact that there are economic factors that would have richly rewarded a move. Which is why a new owner, most likely from out of town will be eager to relocate... I would imagine it would take a couple years for the end game here to play out. Either we get a community ownership deal like Green Bay has within in a year two max... or it will be over...
After the move...
The next logical event would be for UB to upgrade the program and inhabit "The Ralph". The stadium's name should always remain "The Ralph" ...
so ends the easy post

Buffalo, NY

#825 Mar 26, 2014
I said i would address ....
i am picking words carefully...
If there is anything that offends or requires addressing and clairity
I do not support endless victimization claims.. I sure the hell am not PC..Just ask those eunuch's at Democratic underground and the castrating shrews that hold their leashes... figurativly and literally
But...the people on the linked site are a who's who of the Tea's... these people you had never hesitated to call liars or freaking nuts, when it comes to the budget or foreign policy. Or every other issue..Is there any good reason to assume that these same people could suddenly become truth junkies?

“Yes, that's it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it's always tea time.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Location hidden

#826 Mar 26, 2014
I agree with the stadium alway's being the Ralph....but watch out for that corporate greed, and the NFL is all about it.....Late Dolphin's owner Joe Robbie lost his Joe Robbie Stadium to an orange juice company name, i believe.....Don't the Bills already sell out all their games?....I'm trying to become ambitious enough, to do my outside work, mostly just fertilizer and hose dragging...lol...They showed on TV, how some hardwares up north, got caught off guard with this late snow storm....all fertilizer and bedding plants and no more shovels.....Best thing about the teaparty and it's mindset, is that it is very old and losing members daily.....lies are a bitch on mortality, eh?.....As i feel President Obama has handled the Putin/Ukraine exceptionally well.....the reich is confused, unsure of itself in labeling him a coward, and contributing to America's loss of face.....

Buffalo, NY

#827 Mar 26, 2014
There is a lot of clean up has been postponed...i still have some piles of snow in the yard from where the snow blower heaped it...The problem is we will have a day in the 40's next is 30 the Bisons our AAA baseball team can groom the field because the ground is frozen...I read in the Buffalo News that Rochester and Syracuse have the same problem.... I fear greed will take the Bills to LA ...I think St. Louis is also possible along with the Jags...Attendance isn't the issue... sold out 6 of 7 games in Buffalo last year a 2-14 team will sell out 5 or 6 games of 7... they are religion...If the team is 9-7...we make breakfast cereals in honor of 5'8" QB'S...It's the surrounding economics, the ability make more money in football associated endevors....Obama has handled the Ukrainian situation as well as it coud be. Unfortunately , like it always is, no perfect solution...the simple and glandular solution of our physical involvement is irrational and mainly is a political tool to wack Obama with..

Location hidden

#829 Mar 26, 2014
Hope you get a gradual thaw, though.....two or three day's of mid 70's might lead to some problems.....I'm lucky that Florida has great drainage, cause it was all underwater at one time.....You know, Cowherd was speaking of how greed is effecting sports....How MLB was so huge, and has fallen off in popularity, even the percentage of American black players has fallen off....he claims when they went for the nitetime/primetime World Series games, and alotta kids could'nt stay up for....kids just became less interested in baseball, than say, their dad and grampa were.....I think it has validity, and that Michigan States game Fri. night, starts at 10 pm, is an example of that theory.....Had some Flutie Flacks for breakfast...lol...Don't think the Bill's paid for any of that?....Obama gave a great speech in Belgium....Putin's Russia is just a bully....and not the power that the USSR was, just the attitude....

Buffalo, NY

#830 Mar 26, 2014
Cowherd's baseball observation is dead on. Kids missed most of the world series when we we kids too... We were in school for most of the games but I had a Nun who let it be played on a radio the boys in class loved her ....The other factor is the complete absence of sandlot ball...I had to play a couple thousand sandlot games before i played my first organized game...All you needed was one other kid ...remember the strike zones that used to be painted on the sides of buildings...You don't see those things anymore and I believe that is part of the decline...Parents pushed "structured sports" with the goal of wiping out those dangerous sand lot games.. I didn't mean the Bills paid for Flutie flakes ...But he was an undersized refugee from Toronto, Rob Johnson was supposed to start but got hurt early in the season.. Flutie became so popular in the last 10 weeks of the season that a clever busnisman marketed them but I f we were not rabid then.. Flutie isn't worshiped for winning a few games , no Flutie flakes ... Chicago I am sure is just as rabid .. but it's size protects it from being moved

Location hidden

#831 Mar 27, 2014
I saw Bob Gibson pitch, when the gym teachers, put a TV on the gym stage, and each class spent their time watching the game.....If i had a young son today, i think a better choice would be baseball, all the money, and few nagging injuries.....We have a Esquire channel?...Anyway they have, Friday Night Tykes....about these little guy football league in Texas...worth a look, the parents are often the problem.....I have a bad feeling about Jim Kelly, huh?...Lost half his jaw? wow....He is such a good person, too.....My Grama had owned resthomes for ambulatory elderly women, and had seen too much...when she got bad, she woulda never allowed chemo, so we called in Hospice, and she passed in her own bed.....Kelly is going the chemo route.....I remember Rob Johnson, did'nt he go to Michigan?....Joe Delammiluere was alway's my favorite Bill.....

Buffalo, NY

#832 Mar 27, 2014
Jim Kelly is going to go the chemo route...I am glad that Jim is one tough son of a b***** he will need it... there may have been a Michigan grad named Rob Johnson ...But the Rob Johnson that was the Bum Phillips mistake was a USC Trojan...Bum was the coach back then, I respect Bum as an assistant , but he is an idiot as a head coach...Johnson and Flutie were here together 1998- 2000 Johnson was 8-10 as the starter Flutie was 21-9...quick quiz...who do you keep and who do you chase out of town?
I had helped with a little league for special needs kids, we played at an established little league's fields... i have seen parents, always dads act like complete morons...Players who had graduated out of the sr. league were hired as umpires they started out in t-ball and worked thier way up...What a joy to see some dad riding a kid umpire at aT-ball game

Location hidden

#833 Mar 27, 2014
So, is that the same Rob Johnson who led the Bucs to their Superbowl?.....Michigan had a quarterback other than Griese or Brady, named Johnson of Collins, can't remember which...lol...Phillips was like Rex Ryan, a better coordinator.....I will never forget Flutie's hail mary, again'st the Hurricanes....that one play, did a lot for him....Over the years i have seen videos of both parents acting out, but you are right, it is especially the dads....Look's like they are starting to find debris from the Malaysian jet....who knew the Thai's had satellites?....Surprised that they don't have more boats in that area....i guess the seas and currents are brutal there....someone said, it is so bad, that area of the ocean, has never had the bottom mapped out....Just imagine three miles to the ocean floor.....

Buffalo, NY

#834 Mar 27, 2014
A federal judge has ruled that the Northwestern football team should be allowed to form a union....You have your Johnsons all confused... Rob Johnson was a back up on the 12-4 Bucs Super Bowl team...But BRAD Johnson was the starter. Brad was a Fla. St. product. The Bills drafted Collins he was a 3rd or 4th round pick was a back up for a long time...Very strong arm , immobile... You must be struggling to remember Chad Henne. The only other great UofM qb's in our lifetimes were Harbaugh and Grbac...
At that depth and with the conditions there that planes main body wont be found... if it was intact after impact it would be crushed at that depth. Which means we need to find any clues on land...I have a feeling that this is one of those things that will never be fully resolved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump has no chance 2 hr Sneaky Pete 13
News Muskegon YMCA revokes memberships of registered... (Nov '07) 14 hr Ddotl3038 66
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... Wed Disco Stu 37
Poor Little Patriots Wed Joe Balls 25
News Why micro loans might be key to growing black-o... Tue Oh No You Di-nt 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jun 27 Carly 2,652
Brexit is America's advantage Jun 27 RushFan666 3

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages