“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#793 Mar 20, 2014
Sorry i was misunderstood...I will have to check the MLS schedule and see when New England plays @ Toronto...I consider it to be a great achievement to be a pro in any sport even curling. Bohiem is a class act. and the reason for not loving SU is the guys that i work with both Syracuse alumni ...know half a dozen more SU grads...UB football is 0-4 v. SU the first couple were bad 67-0 , 37-7, and they rode me like a pony...i was wise enough not to bet.. the last time we lost 21 - 17 last minute..makes it hard to go for them... untill it's a final four against Baylor or Michigan....Having San Diego States coach teach you drivers ED is cool...Gives you a good reason to make the Aztecs your #2 team...So what if their games are at 10:30..record it...watch at your lesiure...That is how i watch Soccer the MLS App is nice the free version gives you about 10 -15 minutes worth of highlights per game...twice the time needed to show you the worth while parts.... the paid version allows you to watch any televised game live

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#794 Mar 20, 2014
I alway's thought Syracuse was one of the great schools for sports in the East....guess maybe Penn State should be included in that conversation, along with Connectticut....Had a friend in highschool that got a wrestling full ride to Lehigh....that's in the east somewhere.....i don't record anything anymore...with all these channels i already have too much to watch....we do use the On Demand to catch up on shows....last night we watched the second episode of HBO's True Detective....a strange police series with Woodey Harrelson and Matthew McConneahey....i still got to watch most of Blackhawks-Blues....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#795 Mar 21, 2014
If I was going to amend your list of great sports schools in the northeast you would have to consider Boston College and Villinova. Lehigh is in the middle of Pennslyvania...In hoops Syracuse won beating MAC champ and Ohio State lost to Dayton..That last one had to break your heart and Harvard, won loved seeing that... Ivy League kids aren't shoved through school damn near illiterate... They are Student\athletes...The Sabres beat Edmonton 3-1 last night first time in almost a month that they had more than 2 goals in a game. The Rochester Americans second string goalie Matt Hackett played a good game making him the 7th goalie dressed and the 5th to start. Funny thing the more guys from Rochester in the line up the better the Sabres play
Looks like Putin is ignoring everything and taking the Crimea anyway

Location hidden

#796 Mar 21, 2014
Harvard's win over Cincinnatti was a thing of beauty...also North Dakota State upset someone.....i forgot Boston College, also Georgetown, tho i only ever hear about them, regarding basketball.....Do you ever think that some of the Sabres play down a bit, once they make the bigs, whereas the Rochester guys turn it up at the opportunity?.....Don't know what to think about Putin, except to hope, he stops at taking Crimea back.....if they've had navy bases there for over 200 years, i can see the Russian side of the arguement.....We need to stay out of it, unless asked.....The reich angle is that President Obama has shown weakness, which is so much BS......Last night we had the greatest thin crust pizza made, down here....Garlic, mushrooms and sausage...incredible....not even leftovers.....lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#797 Mar 21, 2014
Maybe Temple could be added as well to that list of northeast college powers...With the Sabres this year they have traded away Miller, Moulson, Vanek, McNabb, Ott and McCormick...creating lots of oppertunities and the remaining Sabres were perhaps not the best players to play this season ...Resulting in the kids they bring up looking even better.
Putin has the high cards in this situation...He would be pressing his luck if he assumes that his luck can't run out...The point that the Russians have had a base there for the last 200 years is important...Texas has been a piece of the US for under 200 years, A foriegn power can't challange the US in it's ability to govern Texas...Only Gov. Perry can do that. The naval base at the Panama Canal has been a US holding for a far smaller chunk of time, how pissed off would we be if someone suggested we give it and the surrounding land up?...If Putin stops at this... He will get away with it

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#798 Mar 21, 2014
i have a err to report
My brain is not functioning we have a military access codified in the treaty to turn the zone over..we had reactivated bases when we had their president deposed...deactivated them during the W, admin.
dreadfully sorry

Location hidden

#799 Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, i agree that if Putin stops at just Crimea, he gets it.....Ukraine is a weak country, so we have to watch if he tries for the eastern, mostly Russian-friendly citizens....I think he has this thought that they gave up too easy, after USSR came apart....Watching some of the tourney, Little Mercer, from Georgia took out Duke....Coach K is such a class act, he never seem's to say anything that would be considered mean spirited....wish we could alway's say that, eh?...lol...NBA Hall of Famer, John Stockton's son looks just like him and plays for Gonzaga, another fascinating small college.....Part of me almost wishes we did'nt have so many bases overseas....Maybe we need to backoff being the World Cop?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#801 Mar 22, 2014
If my kid were a basketball player i would want him to be coached by Coach K....I saw the end of the Mercer game and Stick a mic in my face after a tough disappointing loss and I might bite the damn thing...he was very classy as usual...Every Republican who is lining up to harpoon the President on the Crimea should ask them selfs would they be attempting to goad a president Romney into an intervention that most likely would not be easy nor pretty and could lead to war with Russia if handled poorly... None of that matters if there is a chance to go after Obama.
We have talked about the vast sea of political stupid that lies off to our left... the latest bit of nit-picking non-sense is the drive to wipe out 'Micro-aggressions' Those little tiny almost unnoticeable turns of phrase or even that passing look, that can become a cause worth halting progress over and addressing, real madness from those who have imagined a slight...read this if you have the stomach..
http://www.microaggressions.com

Location hidden

#802 Mar 22, 2014
The "Micro-aggressions" that i saw, will slowly fade, but it may take several more generations.....Chris Rock alway's says the most racist people of all are old black men.....but often you see these young, black women that can pick an argument or fight at some of the slightest of things.....i also grew up with some Italian guys that were pretty brutal about blacks....seem's it's still evident, but should fade with time....gotta remember, alotta the civil rights changes, just happened in the 60's, when we were both kids....My stepdad, died laughing, when he would check on his employees at the bowling alley he managed....by calling in a black voice, and asking to get into a league.....they were under strict orders, that something like that should never happen.....still said stuff like, That colored guy.....Gonna sign off on this as Michigan-Texas tips off at 5:15.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#803 Mar 22, 2014
I became aware of this Micro-aggression bull when i was a part of 'democratic underground' A site like this only reserved for liberals. they have trolls that comb through exchanges like this for proof of your latent bigotry...So in semi private , like we are now. I was telling a guy about a black friend ... who's son ( a good kid) was arrested in a suburb for possessing a very small quantity of pot.. I mention that the suburbs around Buffalo are notorious for targeting blacks, and that i told my friend that his kid should know that the cops there will go to any length to prove that he is the (n word) that they see him as. i was more or less harrassed to the point that I showed up in topix and forgot about the other place..Was thier need to prosecute Micro aggressions amount to a micro agression.
I thought that giving each other slack for minor transgressions was the lubricant of society...
Silly old dinosaur
Pathetic electronic trolls censored our free speech here too...You do understand what i mean by the n' word

Location hidden

#804 Mar 23, 2014
You likely understand that a portion of the resistance to legalizing marijuana, is the Law Enforcement community.....for decades, police have used pot as a crowbar into semi-illegal searches...they don't want that tool taken away...Plus, i seriously doubt that the average patrolman would know or discern the difference between the good kids and the thugs, as both can act like the other.....I saw the ESPN special about the "N" word, but i alway's come away with the feeling that blacks want a "special word", that only they should be allowed to use.......Dayton took out Syracuse...huge upset...and i think that, many of the experts at ESPN were very nervous when Harvard gave Michigan State a much better game, than everyone thought....Looking forward to Kentucky-Wichita State game....also i wanna see Baylor, as i saw a segment about their 7'1' center, lost an eye at 12 and how he was afriad that no college would offer him a scholorship....a truly special young man.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#805 Mar 23, 2014
What you said about pot and law enforcement is right on...Just this past year N.Y. outlawed stop and search practices that cost this kid $50 and his dad's wrath...The police were rather upset , blaming Coumo, who in NY is treated the way Obama is nationally by the GOP... minus the racism...but Coumo is the Gov. who was able to implement a gun control law...which makes him a target ...so to speak..Well as far as blacks protecting the 'n' word for the most part i understand...We had a goalie who was pure Poland on both side of his family...You had to get drunk with him a few times before it was safe to call him a Pollack... After that it was all you called him
After today the Cinderella's start to die off in the NCAA tourny...I would love to see one go far...always go for the under dog ...I heard the broadcasters talking about that kid who is blind in one eye...That has to kill his shooting ..affect his depth perception...
Just finished watching soccer..New England tied Vancouver 0-0... My buddy's step son ,Bobby make a couple saves...Looked good in goal..but his team , 3 games and they haven't scored yet...It could be a long season for the kid

Location hidden

#806 Mar 23, 2014
Actually on the LE technique we speak of, i may be on the police side of the debate....in that reasonable grounds and suspicion are easily a "gray" area....if the Officer smells a trace of pot....or see's the hemostat(roachclip) in the car's ashtray....he has every right to proceed in every form of search and seizure.....NYC's stop and search procedure reduced crime drastically, did'nt it?.......Had a Polish relative, but he absolutely loved pollack jokes........Actually, about the one-eyed Baylor center, they showed how, over the years he had taught himself to overcome the vision difficulties.....I wanna see their game and also the Wichita State game.....Have watched a couple world cup soccer matches and some U.S. women's games, but i am not the biggest fan.....Wish the news media would slow down on the lost jet coverage.....why do they alway's overkill the latest events...always?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#807 Mar 23, 2014
I can't say that i know every facet of that law but i assume that there is some provision that would enable search if there is an open display..If not then that would be a massive flaw...But it views having a stop that results in nothing other than the $50 fine for possession as a huge waste of resources....NYC's quality of life enforcement under Guilini were far broader than this type of a traffic stop...So it's hard to say that this practice was the key bit....I have to give that Baylor Center all the credit in the world for putting in that much time and effort...I didn't grow up a soccer fan...and i may watch less live soccer in a typical year.. than the college football that i see on any given Saturday... on the MLS app they present the games in 10-15 minute highlight bits.... i might not catch more than three of four live New England games in a season and if it weren't for this kid... i wouldn't have the app

Location hidden

#808 Mar 23, 2014
Bull, you do realize that a $50 ticket for holding is mild as hell....Texas still has guys in prison, for less than an ounce.....what i am saying is about possession, as a stepping stone to a closer look......Hated to see Wichita State go down, what a great group of kids.....Yeah, i am looking forward to seeing how the Baylor kid does....that and his opponent has this white kid, McDermott, the coaches son, who is a scoring machine...like a bit shorter Larry Bird.....I wish i appreciated soccer better, my niece got a scholarship for volleyball, but when she was about 10....we watched her dominate a girl's soccer tournament...it was incredible.....I was in Thailand once, and watched the world cup final, with all these aussies and brits at the bar....it started on tv there, at like midnight....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#809 Mar 24, 2014
$50 is mild and it is such a small step to $0 from there that it seems obvious...Public display is a careless act, but I am not sure that it is an indication of further criminal activity...But even in Colorado public use and display is still not legal, so that lever for the police, to use a possession issue to get a deeper look at a suspect is still in place... I saw most of Wichita it was a tough way to go down, for most of what I had seen they seemed to have the better of the play...I'll bet the Brit's were intense about their soccer. Watching with them would have been pretty neat. Toronto has a large population of English subjects. I was in Toronto on the day that the England beat Argentina 1-0 in the 2002 World Cup, avenging a previous loss due to Diego Mardonna's 'Hand of God' goal... The English Had traffic on Younge St. tied up for hours with a spontaneous parade...

Location hidden

#810 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah, the Brits are huge fans, but they get some of their hooligan types that travel around too.....i saw some thai bouncers really take apart a few of them once.....lol....they forgot that thai males start kickboxing at 4 years old....Was also there once, when the Liverpool team came to play the Thai Nationals....they had decorations everywhere....Witchita State was one of the best coached teams, i thought.....doing as much as possible with the talent provided, kinda thought process....Creighton got smashed, and i did'nt see that coming.....North Carolina lost in a squeaker....How classy is their coach, Roy Williams?...i have always thought, he is the human incarnation of ...Huckleberry Hound....Have alway's liked the Carolina blue uniforms.....Michigan's upcoming game againest Tennessee should be a good one.....back to hockey, till Thursday....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#811 Mar 24, 2014
always had like the North Carolina blue it's a pity the football team wears black most of the time. The Wolverines profited from the upsets they ended up with a more favorable game in the Vols than they could have had. When a smaller conference team goes far it is because of great coaching and because they get to play their seniors instead of seeing them one and done...NBA bound...i think that effects the way a player sees the game, hurts the development of the team game...i think it also effects shooting ...When Syracuse lost it was because the shooting went cold...Sabres lost 4-2 @ Vancouver. They scored 2 in the first couple minutes on maybe 4 shots..Barely had a scoring chance after that...Thomas Vanek is finding hs grove in montreal making them a contender

Location hidden

#812 Mar 24, 2014
I really don't have any illusions about this seasons Michigan team, especially missing McGary, their best big guy.....In football, i have alway's liked Iowa's uniforms...look like the Steelers...also FSU....i root for U of Miami down here, but green and orange are a tough combo...lol...We are gonna get the Kentucky-Louisville matchup, that many wanted to see.....I see the NFL's holding it's annual meeting and talking about all kinds of screwy rule changes....Greed is harming the game, we love....Thursday games should only be between teams coming off their bye....Raise the goalposts?......25 yard extra points?.....Geez, they have already pretty much ruined kickoff returns....One of the features that come with advanced age, are that they either take away or change all your sh*t.....i cherish my American freedom, to bitch about it, at my leisure......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#813 Mar 24, 2014
Kentucky v. Louisville is a classic match-up...Suprised that you aren't entertaining any dreams of a final four or better with that team...Self delusion is one of the perks of being a sports fan...I like Iwoa and FSU's uni's think everyone needing a black is kind of phoney, And no matter what you say Oregon is the worst dressed team in big time ball...I hoe that the NFL owners dont destroy the great leagues intergrity...The idea of Thursday games only between teams comming of a bye seems good but raising the posts or farting around is a bit much. And farting around with the extra oint has been tried with the 2 point conversion...why not add a 3 point conversion ...lol....It isn't as if we want the wing T and the flying wedge to make a comback ..just keep the game from hurting itself.
It is our constitutional right to be a stubborn,old dinosaur

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 2 hr Who 6
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 3 hr same old stuff 11
pope-a-dope 6 hr Really 3
welcome to the new black america 7 hr Really 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 16 hr DrX 71
Review: Kitten Flower Boutique 21 hr Brit 1
AAD Annie Fri bobolinq 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web