College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#773 Mar 15, 2014
The technological leaps in the last few decades is breathtaking...There is no way of knowing what tech is currently hold... Perhaps the Assad's of the world are too small a target to allow the world to know what you have...so Tom Clancy scenario's aren't silly...You get point for magnason the Black hawk I always admired was Stan Mikita....Hard working professional who scored some...UB blew the dance by blowing a second have 10 point lead...Smith has a lot of cred for his record...like Johnson who is a pud smith on the field is a gem...The bills need to keep Stevie engaged... breakfast with my mentor ...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#774 Mar 15, 2014
Michigan almost blew it againest Ohio State, but pulled it out...they will play MSU-Wisconsin winner.....No, Clancy was ahead of his day...so much so that the government was often concerned that he had inside classified information...My fave was, Red Storm Rising...which all this Ukraine stuff reminds me of.....I think Dale Brown is also like that....Big sirloin on the grill tonite...kinda a Sat night tradition....Dolphins have had some jerks over the years...Vontae Davis...Ted Ginn....Been watching the cash poor Raiders....$60 million in cap room and they are kinda broke already...That may be the right team to move to L.A.......Oakland is just a classier Detroit....i alway's wanted Al Davis to sell the team to some silicon valley billionaire...lol...

Buffalo, NY

#775 Mar 16, 2014
Every team will get some guys wo are jerks...Sometimes the guy reforms...Like Marshawn Lynch who whined about being in Buffalo a town so small "Dave and Busters don't wanna go there"...Is Oakland a classier Detroit or a sunnier Detroit?...In NCAA hoops both the locals blew their chances to be in the big dance. UB blew a big second half lead and Canisus lost by a hair a 3 pointer at the buzzer bounced around the rim and out...And we are a first rd. sight imagine a #12 seed having home court advantage...All of the great science ficton writers were a step sometimes two ahead of the times that they had lived in...writing about technologies that are plausable but not yet invented...Jules Vernewriting about submarines that could remain under water indefinately...The hacks venture into things that can't actually be done...Like Ronald Reagan's speachwriter sell budget balancing tax cuts...This more creative fiction is dangerous only if you believe in it...

Location hidden

#776 Mar 16, 2014
Geez, i had forgotten that Marshawn Lynch, had been a Bill....he looks kinda scary with that one eye looking off somewhere....Michigan is losing the final here, at the half....at least whatever the final, Michigan the state wins...lol....Oakland is a Detroit with a shipping port....Do you remember the old Gene Roddenberry movie, Fahrenheit 451....with Oscar Werner and Julie Christie....that is actually very accurate in some respects....her interaction with the tv show, and the screen, as big as the wall....Well, i have a bad feeling, but am off to see the 2nd half.....BTW, Marshawn's comment on Buffalo, made me think how my sister and BIL said that Pittsburgh was one of the greatest places, they ever lived at...lol...who knew?....

Buffalo, NY

#777 Mar 17, 2014
Lynch seems to have benefited from acquiring some maturity as he aged...It seems that the passing of a few years have helped him to grow up...Oakland is Detroit with a better view, which would you rather look at San Fran. or Windsor...Thats ok Windsor mocks Fort Erie for it's view...
Syracuse will play its first round games here...Ohio State and Villinova as well...Farenheit 451 was a classic...for some reason I always liked the book better than the movie...The ability of the state to monitor your media consumption was a facet of 451 that always gave me a chill...The Sabres lost 2-0 to Montreal...Neuvrith gets hurt in the afternoon a kid named LuiWeen drives in from Rochester...Enroth gets hurt in the second period so Luiween is the 5th goalie to dress, if you include the buildings maintenance director who dressed the night Miller was traded, and is the 43rd player used this year 2 full teams...of nothing, There are times that it is embarrassing...

Location hidden

#778 Mar 17, 2014
Having been to San Francisco often, growing up i would prefer the S.F. view....although it's level of radical liberalism, kinda gags me out.....but, city sponsored, transsexual surgery and allowing the beloved homeless to accost tourists for change, aside.....i love the food....lol....The Detroit airport is enough to turn me off....Fahrenheit 451 may have been the closest view of a possible future, as many overly religious republican's are usually only minutes away from book burning....Watched a bit of Detroit lose 4-1 to the Blackhawks and they were saying that the Redwings are on their 7th-8th centers....even brought a kid in from Grand Rapids....kinda like what the Sabers or Sabres(?) are experiencing....I think in March Madness, that Michigan State may be successful, because all their injured guys are back at once.....

Buffalo, NY

#779 Mar 17, 2014
Sabers or Sabres ....The teams name is Sabres your spell checker will most likely prefer Saber which is the Americanized version of the French Sabres...Being a sloppy speller I have put it down both ways...here is the facts....
http://sabreshockeycentral.com/franchise-hist...
I am with you on the bizarre hardcore aspects of S.F. culture but thats fine 'those' folks need somewhere to go...I am very tolerant but think that in your face behaviour is a sign of an immature mind...The Red Wings have been hit by injuries, age and free agency while it's tough to see them going far in the playoffs, I would hate to draw them in the first round. I think Syracuse has a legitimate shot...Farehiet 451 did offer a chillingly accurate vision of the future...Also 1984 and Lord of the flies see to apply...They offer two dystopic ways we could go from here...To a complete consoladation of order and power v. A complete break down of the rule of law... I still think we will stagger though into an ever uncertain future

Location hidden

#780 Mar 17, 2014
Sabres looks better i think....and that's final....How about John McCain actually calling for U.S. Military assistance for the Ukraine.....How F'ing scary is that? Bull, we dodged a huge bullit when he was kept out of the White House......And, he was one of the few GOP's, that i could stomach......I love San Fransisco, but it's politics will likely be it's downfall....after we are both gone, so we won't have to see it.....Yeah, Redwings are too understaffed to win a cup.....I saw the Flyer's physically beat up the Pens....so, i think hockey is hard to figure?...lol...How cool was, Bladerunner?.

Buffalo, NY

#781 Mar 18, 2014
Both the Sabres and th the Sabres ...lol..deserve to be in last place...but with Nolan as coach the team will put out effort wise...Both of Rochester's goalies are on the current road trip so it looks like a 6th goalie will dress .. The Rochester Americans are scrambling to put players on thier bench...They called yesterday ... I had to say no ...lol
At times the Pens play a european game, but, in the 2012 playoffs the key to the pens winning was Crosby dropping 'em with Girioux...Don Cherry was glowing ..Captain v. Captain...just like the god old days
You are right about McCain...If he were President today instead of Obama we would have had men on the ground or bombers in the sky in Iraq ,Afganistan and Syria Lybia, Pakistan, Egypt and now Ukraine...The upside would be zero unemployment, with that many soldiers deployed.
I seen Bladerunner in small bits and pieces .. So kind of hard for me to say

Location hidden

#782 Mar 18, 2014
Yeah, that must have been their european game, againest the Flyers, cause they sure took a Philly, Joe Frazier type beating....Looked like a team of Sedin brothers and cousins...lol...and i know, that on paper, the Pens have more talent.....Bull, please try to see Bladerunner some day...it's awful good....Watched a great old movie lastnight from 1958...The Buccaneer... about New Orleans and the War of 1812...with Yul Brenner and Charlton Heston...had'nt seen it in years....I'm thinking Detroit need's centers but has goalies...they should work out a deal with the Sabres.....McCain being so hawkish, makes me wonder, what might have happened, if he had chosen a better running mate...scary, huh?....Sarah Palin is starting a $10 a month subscription, cable channel...for those that yearn for her political thoughts and maverickey logic....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#783 Mar 18, 2014
You have the gist of that series correct...my memory was a bit off ...The pens went down 2-0 and where losing the third when Crosby decided to defend himself..The series ended when Girioux laid Crosby out with a clean hit. And there are times when they do look downright Swedish...For all of Crosby's ability he doesn't measure up to Lemieux or Gretsky .... Detroit has lost a lot up the middle but when Zetterberg and Datysuk are healthy they are good there....My bet is that the Sabres stand pat with Neuverith and Enroth...They both have stood up well under the pressure...The Sabres will be in the market for a first line center and a winger to go with him...They have a good number of defense prospects...If Detroit wanted to talk a 1st or two and a prime Defense prospect for Zetterberg...Are you signing up for SARATV...sign me up...My bet it will be good for a lot of laughs...McCain is become so obsene and stridently hawkish you wonder if it was a mistake on Sara's part in accepting the nod... Being around him could make you look (more) nuts.

Location hidden

#784 Mar 18, 2014
Bull, i gotta tell you about something that happened today.....This afternoon i watched a very moving, Medal of Honor ceremony being telecast from the White House.....24 Veterans who had displayed incredible acts of bravery and heroism....24 that had served between 1941-2001, and had been passed over due to racism, heritage or religion....Only 3 were still alive and many had died in combat or had passed on, minus any recognition..........I'm man enough to admit, that i had tears streaming a few times....it was beyond moving, but especially due to Tommy's recent passing and circumstances.........I was watching on MSNBC, but looked and CNN had it on...But, not Fox News...they had Neil Cavuto on, bitching about the healthcare plan.....What a patriotic channel, eh?....I don't even know what to think of this rudeness?.....

Buffalo, NY

#785 Mar 19, 2014
The GOP has put party above country plain and simple...Thus there is no display of disrespect that is out of bounds...It is sad to see...I have said this often the TEA is the right wingers Weathermen...You remember the flag burning ...the bombing of ROTC facilities on campus'...The TEA's have reached that level of hate for their own people, Gov't and country... They can all go to hell...
I told you about my buddies step son...The goalkeeper for the New England Revolution...I had an impossible time sleeping last night and watched the two games that his team has played thus far...bad... real bad...Sabre bad...4-0 and 1-0 losses where the rest of the team should be ashamed...The kid worked so hard, spent years as a back-up in MSL and in England when he finally gets a starting job it's on a team that is imploding...Speaking of Sabre bad they lost again last night 3-1 @ Calgary ...They scored their goal for this week...

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#786 Mar 19, 2014
> I tell ya ... the world's going to hell in a hand basket! Talking professional sports on a college football thread ... makes CFB fanatics nauseous!
>*/

Location hidden

#787 Mar 19, 2014
Do you know the breakdown of all the hockey minor leagues....wonder at what level Kalamazoo, Port Huron and Grand Rapids are in?....I watched the Blackhawks-Flyers go into overtime and Giroux scored with 4.7 seconds left...Blackhawks are horrid in overtimes, and i can't figure that out.....Can't figure out the teaparty either...Demonstrating at the WW II Memorial, and after they also created the government shutdown....pretty crazy.....Most of their real destruction, will be for the GOP brand.....i think they started out a sincere idea, that just imploded....much like your buddy's stepson's hockey team.....Tonight, the Blackhawks-Blue's game is must watch TV, in my house....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#788 Mar 19, 2014
ART DECO MAN wrote:
> I tell ya ... the world's going to hell in a hand basket! Talking professional sports on a college football thread ... makes CFB fanatics nauseous!
>*/
we don't object to talking Pro sports on a college thread....Call us rebels, pinkoes ...whatever you please...but we do have standards...we won't stand for fantasy sports blabber

Buffalo, NY

#789 Mar 19, 2014
The Michigan minor league rundown is as follows...Grand Rapid is Detroit's AHL affiliate....Kalamazoo is in the ECHL , next level down and is the affiliate for both Detroit and Vancouver...Port Huron went under when the IHL disbanded in 2010. I dont have an answer on the Hawks OT woes It could be dumb luck or it could be 4 on 4 exposes a hole in the Hawks game..
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1945389-ch...
.A 'D'' that is a step slow? The hawks played kind of crappy to help Philadelphia get to OT.
My buddies step son has paid his dues as a... soccer ...goalkeeper...New England MLS...That team just a few years ago was a championship level team...Bobby signed on with them about 4 years ago as a back up, rarely played, was loaned to an English team... I just feel bad for him...finally gets the starting job and the team goes to hell..

Location hidden

#790 Mar 19, 2014
They must have changed that whole system....because back in say, late 70's Kalamazoo Wings and Grand Rapids were a rivalry....so much fun, back then.....Did you see the Blackhawks-Flyers?...Chicago scored 2 goals in the first 4 minutes....then kinda took the night off...the commentators said, it could be because of the Blues game......Bobby sounds very talented, a goalie at both soccer and hockey....I've never seen that.....Kinda getting excited for March Madness....plus NCAA Wrestling and Hockey are this week....I see the ESPN guy's are excited that Blake Bortles had a great pro day....I'd bet that Texans make him #1.....DeSean Jackson is acting up in Philly....some guys just never get it.....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#791 Mar 19, 2014
On Bobby Shuttleworth I am not sure if I was unclear or if you misunderstood... he is a pro soccer goalie ,,I don't know if he ever played hockey..He is talented and bright a UB grad... and married to a nice girl...He is living the dream...too bad he wasn't on a dominate team.
Grand Rapids , Kalamazoo and Port Huron all in the International league, The IHL folded in 2010. The IHL used to cover the west and mid- west, the AHL the east...The NHL wanted all the top tier minor league teams to be in the same league, thus the AHL absorbed the more profitable teams...Michigan looks like they have a legit chance in the NCAA tourny...No locals in the Basketball tourny but Canisus college is in the NCAA hockey tourny...with a losing record...The goalie stole the Atlantic coast confrence tourny to put them in the NCAA's....Bortles #1 i just don't know if Houston will do that

Location hidden

#792 Mar 20, 2014
Chicago did'nt have much of a problem with the Blues,4-1....Patrick Kane injured his left leg, and supposed to be out 3 weeks....Yeah, somehow i thought you meant he could play both sports...lol....like a minor Bo Jackson.....IHL sounds familiar....those sure were good times....I'm surprised you don't root for Syracuse and Beohiem...i think he is a class act.....I'm looking forward to seeing how far San Diego State gets....might have mentioned it, but Steve Fisher, the great coach there, taught me Driver's Ed....and was the basketball coach at my highschool, south of Chicago....My girlfriend and i used to sit at our games, by his wife, she was so cool....He was the headcoach for one of Michigan's NCAA Championships.....Too bad all their games are at like 10:45 PM.....Other than Michigan, i really considered going to college at San Diego State or Arizona State.....First rounds of wrestling begin at noon, on ESPNU.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump has no chance 3 hr Go Blue Forever 15
Local News Women (Apr '09) 5 hr Banned 2,653
News Muskegon YMCA revokes memberships of registered... (Nov '07) Thu Ddotl3038 66
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... Wed Disco Stu 37
Poor Little Patriots Wed Joe Balls 25
News Why micro loans might be key to growing black-o... Jun 28 Oh No You Di-nt 1
Brexit is America's advantage Jun 27 RushFan666 3

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages