College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Aug 30, 2013 Read more: Detroit Free Press 1,841
Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti. Read more

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#752 Mar 11, 2014
Modano was a class act and he deserved the honor...If you look at olympic rosters the majority of the American players come from four metropolitan area and their suburbs, Minneapolis, Boston, Detroit ( to Lansing) and Buffalo ( to Rochester)...Speaking broadly i bet nearly all of us in these areas feel our kids can beat the Canadian kids...
Back in my day The American teams I was on were tokens, and the Canadians treated us as tokens...We maybe won 2 out of 16-20 games there..Toss in a tie or two, and it was their game...Having been treated that way..i want to beat them very very bad.. and yes they got gold overtime one year and a one goal game the next...
I am a bit tense today... the judge must be about ready to give his opinion in the case of my lawsuit happy companies...Here is insider info at work the judge hasn't spoken but one company has dropped 25% since yesterday @ 3pm...at the same time the other has picked up 20 %...Sound as if someone suddenly got very confident in the outcome...I have been attempting to unload the company "the street" doesn't like...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#753 Mar 11, 2014
I miss those years, long ago when 1st wife and i went to the Kalamazoo Wings games.....minor farm league....$4-$8 a ticket...we thought we were Rockefeller...lol....Down here we get great deals on baseball, but it's 86 degrees and blazing.....wish i liked ocean cruises, as this is a clearing house......Sorry i missed it, but you haven't told me the scenario of your case.....does it have to do with your back?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#754 Mar 12, 2014
We are getting hammered this morning and the storm is supposed to be far worse this afternoon...Old man winter is tenacious this year. We have a minor league baseball team that is like that...Reasonable pricing great park relatively new...No one gets sues over my back I first hurt it handling our son Cerebal Palsy...I re injured it working at the machine shop...but I can't sue a friend...
The lawsuit I am whining about is being decided by a judge Parsons in Delaware Chancery court involving two companies both wwith CAPS under $100m. At stake is the proceeds of a Gov't contract for an antidote for weaponized Small Pox worth $440m...There is enough money on the table to make both companies winners...which was my bet, a mutually benificial split...Both sides are going all or nothing and kill each other in the process...The trial is complete..The judge has yet to give his decision and among the share holders of both companies the tension is high...If you were interested in more detail...I could bore you all day...

Location hidden

#755 Mar 12, 2014
I guess i understand the case, and i just hope it turn's out, in your favor.....I see on the weather that you are still getting buried.....i think, this winter may be a turning point,for many people up north....especially those that are also gettin the higher heating fuel bills....Saw Caps-Pens on the tube, how brutal, back to back games on consecutive nights, must be? Like the thursday night NFL games....too much, too soon.....Well, Harbaugh dealt a draft pick to the Fins for Jonathon Martin....makes sense, as Martin played for Harbaugh at Stanford....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#756 Mar 12, 2014
That give Martin the best deal for him....Going back to Harbaugh and the Palo Alto area helps him..big win for the fins..they are cleared to draft Mattews or which ever LT is avaliable...The Bills signed a 3rd corner form the fins Nolan Carrol ...Any thoughts on him?..So Forbes put out it's list of the most affordable cities in USA....#1 Buffalo...Grand Rapids was on the list as well...Least affordable NewYork...We're #1 in something..Ain't that amazing...
Thanks for your good wishes on the trial...I try to not talk about the stock crap out of fear of inflicting bordom on you...The gist of the whole thing is this two brothers , friends of mine have decades of experence in that business...I hurt my back they take me on teach me the craft...Do anaylitics for them ..paid in stock...put into 401k I operate out of...It has been an excellerated..on the fly buisness administration course...keeping my brain active and the money helps...good to have friends

Location hidden

#757 Mar 12, 2014
I thought Carroll played very well, last season...surprised they would let him walk...Also surprised that your Bills aren't resigning Byrd, the safety....This seems a deep draft, so i think many teams are being frugal, in that many of the free agent's may be only one step above drafting, and rookies salaries are set by the Union, kinda in the team's favor.....Watch, the Broncos are gonna sign Ware from the Cowboys......Buffalo #1, but are we sure that is a good thing? Grand Rapids? Hope it isn't some kind of designation of places that have peaked?....It's good for you, since you're already there.....lol.....I remember years ago, Money magazine rated Bremerton, Washington as the #1 place to live....Well, i have seen the real estate there, and i beg to differ.....Buffalo still seem's to have retained much of it's character....like Boston or Pittsburgh......Grand Rapids may be because of the great outlying areas and towns......certainly not for political intellect....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#758 Mar 12, 2014
The most affordable tag is at best a mixed blessing for sure...It could mean it's all a bargain because it has been beaten up but viable thus it's upside is ahead or it means property values have tanked...fortunately income is included in the matrix...So maybe it's a good thing...You are right to view these things skeptically....They maybe based on statistics but statistics can deceive and there is always some bias in the interpretations. Should Byrd have been kept here against his will with a franchise tag? He has spent a lot of time injured...I had the feeling that Byrd was viewed as having "pulled the mystery muscle" last year...That term is a Don Cherryism used to explain the "European Vacation" Mikko Makkala's absence from his lineup...

Location hidden

#759 Mar 12, 2014
Geez....the Broncos are spending a ton on defense free agents....Elway is smart, in giving Peyton every chance.....kinda surprised they did'nt resign Decker......BTW, just how good is Byrd?.....Bucs signed McCown, the Qb from the Bears...i really wanted him to get a chance, with a better team....though, i like Lovey Smith.....One thing about those most affordable polls, is that a area, region and citie's financial environment can change within weeks, months......like you say, a mixed blessing....usually a sign of moving up or moving down.....flux is what drives it all.....I alway's thought that Minneapolis was underrated.....but damn, it really get's some brutal weather......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#760 Mar 12, 2014
I had misread the article on Carrol he was offered a deal... Byrd was a ball hawk pro bowler i have no problem with him as a player..he will be missed ...27 or 28 he should be in his prime...I think it is a case of him being mishandled and resenting it..I would like to have Decker...and how does Denver continue to be able to afford to pay these guys....I know some people from Minneapolis...Nice city they say but a place significantly colder than buffalo?...
That is a fact ...flux does drive it all....It is one of the compalation of paradoxes that govern captialism..."Markets abhor uncertanty".. is one ...When we know that inside of the uncertanty is were oppertunity is hiding

Location hidden

#761 Mar 13, 2014
Jets get Decker, and that is likely a deadend for him, money or not.....I'd like to think, i would take less, to be with a contender, especially if you've already earned $5-$7 million...lol.......Like i've said, Elway and Denver have like a 1-2 season window with Peyton Manning...might as well go for it, eh?....Miami signed the big tackle Brandon Albert, from the Chiefs....I think Minneapolis is further north, and closer to the polar vortex, where the worst storms originate from....Watched a bit of Bruins-Canadians....had forgotten, what a tradional rivalry that is....I do recall both those teams being incredible late 60's to mid 70's....some of my best years, too...lol....So, you understand business enough to realize, it is simply run by economic trends and constantly corrects itself....that is why the articles i post are heart warming, at least in a business sense.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#762 Mar 13, 2014
The older brother has been my 'teacher'...He is very Zen when it comes to investing and the economy" Everything runs in cycles and by it's own unique rhythm...and...There are cycles within the cycles, Rhythm's within the rhythm's"...And it is true... his theory is ...get tuned to the rhythm...What the TEA's have done for the last several years...inject some arythmia....The Bills were very busy...Signed the Ram's starting guard Chris Williams 6'6" 320..And from the Ravens Corey Graham who has started on and off ...last year he played 70% of their plays and is a real ballhawk...Pro Bowl in 2011 as a Chicago Bear...Best yet Graham is a Buffalo kid ...to the marrow of his bones...I would have played free to come home and be a part of the Bills first Super Bowl win...They also signed a big slow run stuffing LB Rivers from the Giants a 2 down player when he was on the field.

Location hidden

#763 Mar 13, 2014
Sound's like the Bills have added some beef on defense....Surprised, a team as frugal as the Patriots are willing to spend $12 million on Revis, for just one year....Dolphins signed a d-lineman and resigned Starks, a good def. tackle.....Watch for the markets to make some corrections over economic stagnation in China and the unrest in Ukraine....one of the downsides of joining a global economy.....What does your brother think about, all the denial from the right, regarding our strengthening economy....i never thought Americans would ever act that small....Bears should have kept Corey Graham last season, as their defense was what held them back.....Lovey would never have let that happen....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#765 Mar 13, 2014
Bills needed a lot of defensive help. First the team was very weak v. the run...They have attempted to rectify that the other need is a pass rusher to complement Mario Williams...That is where Mack would look so good. if you had those guys comming off your corners...pity the QB...On offense that guard willl help the run game they need a #2 WR behind Stevie Johnson and a #3 & a tight end...I saw that James Starkes was a FA...We may not have a hole there but...we do have the cash...and he is a local.
The two guys i work with are brothers ( my only brother passed in 2000)...One is a Democrat who has a law degree and has a labor centered practice...The other brother is my mentor has MBA and Law. He is a broker with better than 40 years under his belt. He is an independent. Both voted for Obama twice. Both view the obstruction that the GOP has thrown up as UnPatriotic and as something that has shave 1-2% off the GDP...We all are moderates...We sit around and are sickened and amused by the guanno that come from the mouths of some, of the men and women who should know better...Sad when your best educated , best and brightest are willfully stupid, That changed a bit after the last circus... they don't praise the extremists quite so often nor glowingly

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#766 Mar 13, 2014
BTW we all agree that a slowdown for a quarter seems likely. Remember there are cycle within cycles...and the market has been on an up swing for a while...Hope here is that it is a mild shallow correction

Location hidden

#767 Mar 14, 2014
Newest draft forecast on Sportscenter has Khalid Mack going #1 to Houston.....lol.....if you watch long enough, you might get 20-30 combinations....now that we have 6-8, 24/7 sports channels....the BS just gets deeper and deeper....The Starks i was speaking of, was Randy Starks, who resigned with the fins.....St. Louis Blues won 6-2 last night, and they are Chicago's biggest hurdle...What do you know about them? It's really good that you work with guys that see Washington, like us....Seem's like Feinstein caught the CIA, checking out the member's in Congress in charge of presiding over the CIA...a vicious circle....I'm so glad that in all my travels, i have never been to Malaysia or any heavily muslim country...That plane disappearance is a real mystery....

Location hidden

#768 Mar 14, 2014
BTW, check out these mini pigs video, on here if you get a chance...never knew they made pigs that small...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#769 Mar 14, 2014
That planes disappearance has two of mankinds least trustworthy groups the Islamists and the Chinese gov't....The hardest thing to figure is motive if it were an act of terror...why hasn't someone claimed credit..It's like the tree falling in the forest but there is no one to hear it....An unclaimed act of terror? Democrats like Finestine coming public with these complaints is a big change the CIA is running out of friends......I knew which Starks you where refering to... I think bringing in James Starkes RB from Green Bay might be smart for the Bills....He would fit the Fins as Reggie's effective, more physical stable mate.... St.l. Blues are a good team with a very top notch staff...Ken Hitchcock knows the way to the cup...and finally he has a goaltender that is able to keep that end buttoned down....seeing that the Sabres ain't going no where the Blues become my team...Ryan Miller deserves it for all of the excellent service to a Sabres team that has been run by boobs.......

Location hidden

#770 Mar 14, 2014
Totally understand how you feel about Ryan Miller....growing up in Chicago, i recall how Dick Butkus and Gayle Sayers played their hearts out for poorly run Bears and also, Keith Magnason for the Blackhawks....we won't do Cubs...lol....Blues-Blackhawks is a natural, regional rivalry....About the lost plane....isn't it remarkable, that with all our technology....we would'nt have some hitech GPS devise in every commercial aircraft?.....there should be something on that plane that tell's the satellites, precisely where it's position is.....Because of my dad, i grew up talking about air crashes quite often....even had a family friend, a pilot that went down on a American or United flight off Long Island, when i was a kid....sad thing is, his son heard about it immediately on the ham radio, that his dad and him loved.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#771 Mar 14, 2014
I was under the impression the 'Black Box' contained some kind of a homing beacon...maybe that only applies to planes in service in the civilized world...I never knew anyone who was in any kind of plane wreck .. there was a comerical jet that crashed coming into Buffalo a few years back...Had an Aunt, since passed, that had lived in the area, about 1\2 to 3\4 of a mile from the impact site...I asked her if she had hear the impact...she said she slept through the whole thing....You got it right about Ryan Miller...And if Gayle Sayers had been sent to the Packers to finish up his career you would have become a Packer fan...at least for the playoffs. The Blues are the Blackhawks equals now that they have Miller...Their roster inclues 12 olympians 4 US Bakes , Oshie Miller and Shattenkirk...3 Canadians Morrow, Joumeester and Pieterangelo ..2 Czech Polak and Sobotica ..1 Russian Finn and Swede Tarasenko, Steen and Paajavii..The Blues are loaded and I think equal to the Hawks a stepup on the Kings

Location hidden

#772 Mar 14, 2014
I alway's though that would be the easiest way to evaporate Assad, in Syria....a black ops placing of a miniatureized, electronic beacon on top of a building he occupies, then a very high up bomber at about 4am......kinda ala Osama....Sorry, i used to read alotta Tom Clancy....lol....Thanks for the rundown, and i am gonna watch for Blackhawks-Blues...Thought i might get some old guy cred, for Keith Magnason?...What up?.....Everything right now is for March madness...doubt Michigan can get to the final again......Did we talk before about Bill's Stevie Johnson being a dick?...lol....I was reminded by the Raven's signing Steve Smith for 3 years...another semi-dick.....BBC had a news segment about how generally f*cked Iraq is now....all bombings, kidnappings and killings....Bull, every American should be ashamed, by what we did there.....In a sane world, Bush/Cheney would be at the court in the Hague.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 1 hr Caligula 42
PathologicalLliar Thu Sneaky Pete 3
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... Thu Gerald 48
gyrocopter subverts message Thu bobolinq 1
hillary clinton - 3D Wed Gville Jim 3
News Want the city to pay for your pothole damage? (Mar '08) Apr 13 sarah 53
News 21-year-old pleads guilty to raping pregnant wo... Apr 13 Beenyt 1
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE