College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#711 Feb 28, 2014
My first real sexual experience was with a Cherokee girl....she was cute, but sadly too clingy and jealous....very difficult to break up with....Finally, i just coughed on her and she died, several days later....Yeah, a little whiteman's revenge, Biatch!......sorry, i could'nt resist....I did read that same book, also one called, Black Elk Speaks and a few others...First wife and i collected signed Turquoise Indian jewelry.....the only jewelry i ever wore when young,was a bear claw, set in silver and turquoise.....Big trade with St. Louis...Miller and another gone....got back another goalie, player and draft pick.....When i was still smoking, i often went to the Seminole Rez for cartons.....What the draft is rich in, is DB's and Wide recievers....some awesome D-linemen and Safetys.....

Location hidden

#712 Feb 28, 2014
Geez, you beat me to it....lol.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#713 Mar 1, 2014
Now if that don't beat all...My first experence was with a Seneca girl she had many of the same attributes that the Cherokee girl that you spoke of.My biggest problem was the fact her mom and dad hated me.. It was during the great influensa outbreak when we in her parents bed...she had gone off to the bathroom to do what ever girls do after a rousing rowdy session when I sneezed...having nowhere to wipe my nose i used the blanket...the rest is history....I have no self restraint ,..sorry...When it comes to jewlery I am a stark minimalist...I own one piece of jewlry a wedding band...which I have not worn in years...no tattoo's.. no piercings ...no fancy tastes except in cigars...The U.B. football schedule is out...last year was stupid tough with Ohio State and Baylor back to back to start the season. This year the out of confrence is @Army and hosting Norfolk State , Baylor and Duquense...The cross confrence is easier Central and Eastern michigan...I think it was made for success

Location hidden

#714 Mar 1, 2014
Speaking of UB there, did that small RB go into the draft? I was watching for him at the Combine.....Sabres win last night, is on Sportscenter, their other goalie looked good.......I keep having this twisted dream, that the 49ers piss off Jim Harbaugh at the end of the season, just as Brady Hoke is about to be fired......Hey, stranger things have happened.....lol.....I don't have any tatts.....a ton of scars, as i went thru a sportscar windshield in College...over 240 stitches in that one alone.....I've been moderately quiet since then.....If you're up for any hoops, Duke-NC play tomorrow at 1pm....Going to hunt down a new phone set today....with two additional cordless handsets.....In business i was alway's buried in the phone, but since retiring, i only require a good landline.....Any recommendations?......

Buffalo, NY

#715 Mar 1, 2014
Bo Oliver is the UB running back that you were looking for he wasn't invited to the combine...He will get a look either as a late round draft pick or as a free agent..Alex Nuetz is a WR who will get picked mid to late round good hands, runs good routes and is 6'4 but a step slow...Th Sabers won Enroth did play well the trade came in so late in the day that they had to sign some director of Harbor place maintaince to sit on the bench for one game as a back up goalie and a life time as a trivia answer
Strange things have happened Blue but Harbaugh becoming Michigan head coach is impossible...I heard he was gonna coach some where in Ohio if he left S.F...I have accumulated my stitches in smaller batches...The only real eye catching scar runs from about an inch below my arm pit on the inside part of the left arm ending about 2-3 inches below the elbow...Hockey...impacted debris in the elbow joint they disconect the bicept and forearm muscle to extract the nerve from the groove it runs in and plant it under the muscles...i have no funny bone on my left arm as a result

Location hidden

#716 Mar 1, 2014
I have a long scar like that too, but it was from jumping off a tier swing as a kid, not knowing it was attached with coathanger type wires....lol....Starange how those kid things, leave a mark forever....Wondering if you'll catch the Rangers-Blackhawks, Winter Classic tonight?...Imagine that, and with as bad as it is in Chicago, right now.....You forget about Harbaugh, he played at Michigan and his dad coached there under Bo Schlembecker....He's a natural to end up there someday....For some, the NFL is too much of a grind....Bo Oliver might be that diamond in the raw....I would'nt hesitate to take him in the later rounds....he is little, but mighty strong...perfect for running behind today's huge O-lines....Don't let them discount your funny bone, dude....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#717 Mar 2, 2014
Oliver and Mack are buddies from Florida...It's hard to believe that the big boys let Mack slip through ...Saw the Bulls Basketball team beat up on Miami yesterday ..Mack and Oliver walked into the arena just before tip...long and loud standing O...we may never see a player the stature of Mack again in Buffalo blue... I agree with you on Oliver someone will take him in the later rounds and will have found a gem... yes it is funny how those old injuries remain vivid...The first time I broke my nose i was a freshman in high school i chopped at a guys stick when he was winding up for a shot...puck road up my stick...and boom the lights go out...Later on I made the mistake of having it straightened out...they stick this tuning fork shaped deal up your nose and and re-break your nose so it conforms to the tuning fork tool they had stuffed up there...The injury took a second and i was out cold...The fix was a 20 minute ordeal...I should have left it...I would have had a honker like that Boston Bruin Milan Lucic ..

Location hidden

#718 Mar 2, 2014
Yeah, how in the world did all the FL schools, plus Urban Meyer at OSU miss Khalid Mack....Sure coulda used him at the U....Bull's beating up on Miami...must be college, right?.....Was glad i did'nt ever break my nose, as i was saving it for skin cancer...lol...Had most of an eyelid sewed back on, that was fun...lol...I'm telling you...Milan Lucic is the reincarnation of the artist Paul Gaugian.....If you ever see that self portrait, you will immediately see it....Wife's giving dog baths....helped with the big one, but she had to drag the little one....i call Shelby, Fur Foots....Never had a dog that had fur growing out from between her toes....lol...She's a trip....

Buffalo, NY

#719 Mar 2, 2014
Ricky our beast has hair growing between his toes i assume it is his collie blood he is collie \ shepherd...He is a bit high strung and nervous...he spends all his time with Isis so now he must think he's a cat...We gotta stop comparing our wounds and scars ...that bit is taking on the effect that the scene from jaws when Quint and Hooper compare scars...BTW when they installed the plate fusing the vertebra in my neck ... went in through the throat...lol
I will look up Gaugian and compare him to Lucic...
Pat LaFontaine went back to work with the NHL's front office. he is in charge of player safety. Left in a bit of a huff skipping a charity event that Gil Perrault had come into town for. He posted a two sentence resignation on twitter...He was supposed to be temporary but..His impolite departure make you wonder ..did he feel Miller could be re-signed and\or has he been told Nolan wont be re-signed? Terry Pagula owns the team he is Mr. Hydro-fracking...When he bought the team he said he would hire the best money no object...By retaining the ex GM Darcy Reger so long he showed that he has no idea what "the best " is,...Like my Grandpa used to say ..."we will see what we will see"

Location hidden

#720 Mar 2, 2014
Isis is a cool pet name, did you know the yellow lab in, Downton Abbey is Isis....Jeepers....i never knew that Buffalo has cable cars?....I recently discovered we have NHL Channel....i was watching this series called, In The Room...it was following around the Pens players, even all the talking and what they say to the other players...it was fascinating....who knew $180 a month got you so much....it includes internet and landline, so i guess i should'nt bitch, eh?....Do you have a lot of pain from the back and neck?....Worked with a guy that had an awful back, he became addicted to oxy....Saw a special on Marijuana, on CNN....one docter spoke of how much damage prescription pain killers had done in the NFL, especially wiith ex=players, and that if pot would have been available and accessible,, many lives would likely have been better......Some of nature's elements can have soothing and therapeutic properties....I have alway's thought the oceans shoreline and water have some of those powers......

Buffalo, NY

#722 Mar 5, 2014
Blue.... Que Pasa?
Hope it's all OK...old dog

Location hidden

#723 Mar 5, 2014
Thought you might be feeling poorly.....Not missing much, except McCain doing some saber-rattling over the Ukraine....I missed the big Blackhawks-Avalanche fight....lol...Hope your feelin better?....

Buffalo, NY

#724 Mar 5, 2014
I am decent...This getting old crap is tough ..ain't it...The wife and I painted the town red last night...Ate out...went to Shea's theater a perfectly restored Century old ornate palace...We saw RatDog ..Bob Weir's band Weir is one one the surviving Grateful Dead founding members..He can still bring the goods...Was a great night...sore as hell today...
UB had their Pro day where the scouts come in and weigh and measure...The RB Bo Oliver showed nice bench strength...WR Alex Nuetz ran a real nice sub 4.5 with nothing to prove Mack retimed his 40 and shaved a couple fractions of a second off of his combine time

Location hidden

#725 Mar 5, 2014
Glad to see, you can still bring it, though....lol....I'm thinking Johnny Walker Red tonight, in your honor.......If i was a GM, i would grab Oliver in the late rounds....his value as special teams and multiple sets would be very useful....he is a hard back to find for DL-LB's......Can he pass block?.....Mack's gonna go, close to the top, no matter what....so he should be careful....lol....Thaz millions involved....lol......Steely Dan was our last concert....everybody sang along....that finished them for me.....Saw Brit Pink Floyd on the tele and they look outstanding.....

Buffalo, NY

#726 Mar 5, 2014
I saw on the history channel a shot of Hitler's Berlin Olympics...looking at Putin you get the same queezy feeling...minus the genocide...but the same vulgar aggression...I just hope nothing develops that can't be contained.. I agree on drafting Bo Oliver...he is a willing pass blocker ..but sometimes college LB's could engulf him...I imagine the pro's will be able to , more so...I wouldn't hesitate to take WR..Alex Nuetz, expecially after he was a couple steps faster in the 40 than he was at the beginning of the year
One of the truely cool thing about the Grateful Dead and the derivitive bands is that they have this unique communal marketing concept..For instance I got the Grateful dead app...free recordings of every concert that they have ever played waaaay back to 1965...Give away the product!!! brilliant...Right now I am listening to last nights show (which I bought for $25 last night rather than wait a couple month for it's free internet posting...)
Make that to JWR...one for me getting by and one for your continued health...I puffed one for you last night...

Location hidden

#727 Mar 6, 2014
Sure sounds like you guys had a great time....i played drums from 12-17, for a band, with my buds, in H.S......i was more Led Zeppelin....we played Stones, Kinks and Lefte Bank songs, plus we loved the Youngbloods and many Jesse Colter Young's songs....at 18, i could work in the Steel Mill....Of the newer bands, i love Greenday....also picked up an appreciation for bluegrass......especially Allison Krause and Union Station(AKUS).......Other than Taylor Lewan, Michigan's big tackle, i don't know who else is coming out in the draft....Had to drive across county this morning for wife's dentist appt....I swore when i was still working, i would never drive around during rush hour, while retired...but had to today....People forget about Hitler...though he grew into a psychotic murderer, he came into power, after the German economy had been killed after WW I, and brought alot of the people away from starvation....You're right, Putin seem's very dominating in much the same manner....like an old soviet-type leader.....

Buffalo, NY

#728 Mar 6, 2014
Putin is acting like a tsar or the head of the Politiburo...either way he is a danger..You know how it is with agression...Once you take an agressive act, you take away from your ability to resolve issues, not just in the conflicted area, but anywhere...If you use force then you lose trust...and the force begets force somewhere else...I took piano lessons and farted around with a bass guitar, I can read music, but i really can't play anything complex...lack of hemispheric co-ordination, my timing gets skewed...Lewan is a very nice tackle..later 1st rd. the only other Mich. seniors that Phil Steele has in his preseason guide as prospects are the kicker gibbons and the micro reciever Gallon...Like a good bit of your taste in music...Left bank you are talking political? I have some exotic bands that i love...Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention and Captain Beefheart's magic band...Music from the other side of the tracks.

Location hidden

#729 Mar 6, 2014
Vladimir Putin is ex-KGB and it sure shows.....They are saying on ESPN, that Lewan will likely go to the Giants, and that Houston will take Blake Bortles...lol....it's all conjecture for now.....I'd think it has to be painful for any team to pass on Clowney...he is just that much of a freak.....Jeremy Gallon is a great reciever and saved that offense, numerous times....he'd be a great, but faster Wes Welker type, slot guy.....The Left Bank made the songs, Walk Away Renee and Pretty Ballerina....not political very much....Youngbloods were more political with several of their songs about Vietnam....like, Darkness, Darkness....i still tear up when i hear that song, too many friends and brothers lost to that clusterfuck.....

Buffalo, NY

#730 Mar 6, 2014
The couple of years difference showed on the Left Bank thing ...You guys had to have a pretty fair singer to carry that off...The other place it shows is Viet nam...Not my friends nor brothers...but the brothers of friends..as i aged I became friends with vets from that war...They all seem to have a scar...same scar my Dad had, Korea..and as I found out after he died... a bronze star...a Purple Heart and a very brief stay in the care of the Chinese...I only knew him as a surly drunk i had only seen for brief segments of my life a few months here or there...then...Well when i knew the facts forgiveness was instant...wish as an adult I had said more than F*ck you to the guy...
Gallon reminds me of one of those 'Smurf's ' that Washington had had back in the 1980's...see him a slot receiver too..How accurate was the kicker?

Location hidden

#731 Mar 6, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
The couple of years difference showed on the Left Bank thing ...You guys had to have a pretty fair singer to carry that off...The other place it shows is Viet nam...Not my friends nor brothers...but the brothers of friends..as i aged I became friends with vets from that war...They all seem to have a scar...same scar my Dad had, Korea..and as I found out after he died... a bronze star...a Purple Heart and a very brief stay in the care of the Chinese...I only knew him as a surly drunk i had only seen for brief segments of my life a few months here or there...then...Well when i knew the facts forgiveness was instant...wish as an adult I had said more than F*ck you to the guy...
Gallon reminds me of one of those 'Smurf's ' that Washington had had back in the 1980's...see him a slot receiver too..How accurate was the kicker?
Michigan's kicker may have been bigtime, yet injured last season....Don't know if i ever told you, but my stepdad used to come home late....along with me, and we used to watch war movies....he used to tell me all kinds of stuff about WW II, he had fought on D-day and the Battle of the Bulge....had been wounded, even in a German hospital for awhile....he said they kept the US guys on the top floors, and the wounded Germans on the lower floors, so that if a bad air raid happened, they could at least save there own....lol.....used to tell me that the Germans were much better marksmen, than the movies showed....lol.....It was truly a different time....He played minor league baseball at 16, and when the war broke out, his mom signed that he could join up.....82nd or 101st Airborne.....God, i miss that guy.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) 12 hr bonds77 396
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon NewsFan13 2,905
Poll What about Obama's wife? (Aug '10) May 20 Horrific 378
Sonic's GR History? (Sep '09) May 12 Cdoxie 15
News The cold, hard facts about seven winter driving... (Nov '14) May 10 then thaw Floods ... 2
The Geek Group May 10 Redrider87 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) May 9 Wyoming Bob 1,174

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages