“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#410 Dec 19, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Allman Brothers too but haven't caught a show since Dickey left, just can't imagine seeing them without him. Saw many GD shows over the years, including their last show at Soldier Field in 1995, mainly in the Midwest. Places like Buckeye Lake and Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland, Alpine Valley in Wisconsin, Deer Creek in Indiana and Chrysler Arena in Ann Arbor. My highlights though were three at Red Rocks in Colorado (8/11-8/12-8/13) in 1987 and three (10/2-10/3-10/4) at Mountain View California, also in 1987.
My first dead show was may 9th of 1977....seen the dead 4 times Further 4 and Phil and friends.In March we will see Ratdog at shea's...front row of the balcony...
I urge you to see ABB give Derrick Trucks and Warren Haynes a listen...They are as good as it gets...If you can find it...Treat your self to Derrick Trucks Band 11\2\2008 @ University of Buffalo...You can find it on Phil's web site.....Also a good time is Haynes Gov't Mule....also Phish & Bonnamaso...lots of great ax men
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#411 Dec 19, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
My first dead show was may 9th of 1977....seen the dead 4 times Further 4 and Phil and friends.In March we will see Ratdog at shea's...front row of the balcony...
I urge you to see ABB give Derrick Trucks and Warren Haynes a listen...They are as good as it gets...If you can find it...Treat your self to Derrick Trucks Band 11\2\2008 @ University of Buffalo...You can find it on Phil's web site.....Also a good time is Haynes Gov't Mule....also Phish & Bonnamaso...lots of great ax men
Yes I like Govt Mule a lot, saw them in town at the Orbit Room here a few years back. I saw Phish many times in the 90s but haven't seen them since 2000. I saw ABB at Red Rocks too, very good show. Dickey was late to the gig and we were down by the stage, on an elevated walkway that looked over the band's parking area. We were standing near Greg as he watched for Dickey's van to arrive. Lots of four letter words came out of Greg's mouth. Not happy. Have fun at Rat Dog, I saw them at Hookahville in Ohio quite a few years ago. Bob's still going strong. Have you ever tried catching Dark Star? Very good for a cover band.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#412 Dec 20, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I like Govt Mule a lot, saw them in town at the Orbit Room here a few years back. I saw Phish many times in the 90s but haven't seen them since 2000. I saw ABB at Red Rocks too, very good show. Dickey was late to the gig and we were down by the stage, on an elevated walkway that looked over the band's parking area. We were standing near Greg as he watched for Dickey's van to arrive. Lots of four letter words came out of Greg's mouth. Not happy. Have fun at Rat Dog, I saw them at Hookahville in Ohio quite a few years ago. Bob's still going strong. Have you ever tried catching Dark Star? Very good for a cover band.
Dark star is good the guitar player does a near perfect Jerry
Check out Joe Bonnamasso he is one of the best blues guitarist who has ever played
I'm still mourning the passing of Lou Reed and Captain Beefheart
Keep it real..Keep it live..keep it dead....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#413 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I like Manuel, but i hate to hear that Stevie isn't playing...i had visions about him...lol...Rex Ryan is a fine defensive coordinator, just not a head coach...I'm no Sanchez fan, in fact i believe he is in the closet.......lol....No kidding, we have gay friends and i can often activate my gaydar...lol....BUT, Sanchez had zero skill help.....no decent RB's or Recievers.....Geez, what is Santana Holmes, 40?......that team is a joke, thank God.....In the Hockey game,.I wish they used it on some penalties.....the one i was talking about was next to the goal, so there were plenty of angles of replay......kinda important in the last 2:00 of a tie game, eh?.....Still don't like the shootout deal.....
Sabers scored 4 again and won...It Nolan can get this bunch to play then he is coach of the year again...The weather forecast for sunday is a hi of 45-50 maybe some rain...I was hoping for some home field advantage ...a sub zero day...
The pain relief from the shot has not been as quick I had hoped for ...the shot can take a week or two to hit full effect...
Tomorrow afternoon...The Famous potato bowl...And I still don't know which is the famous potato...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#414 Dec 20, 2013
We are gonna have to disagree on replay for the type penalty...roughing the goalie, outside the crease....it's probably a pointless conversation, since i am addressing that one call, not all calls.....i just hate the thought of hockey not keeping up with technology, like baseball........Maybe because of the very cold weather, that your medication has'nt worked as fast as normal........Though the wife has extensive list for both Publix and Winn-Dixie.....including the picking out of the Roast Beast...lol....i shall catch the Famous Potatoe Bowl......who could miss an event, with such fanfare.....You guys speaking of concerts, i have been to many...Steely Dan, Alice Cooper, Rolling Stones, Three Dog Night, Jethro Tull...even went to Atlanta Rock Festival in July 1970.......Sadly, about 10-12 years ago we went to Steely Dan in Miami...great seats....when it started ....EVERYONE AROUND US SANG......i just hated not hearing the band well....last concert.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#415 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
We are gonna have to disagree on replay for the type penalty...roughing the goalie, outside the crease....it's probably a pointless conversation, since i am addressing that one call, not all calls.....i just hate the thought of hockey not keeping up with technology, like baseball........Maybe because of the very cold weather, that your medication has'nt worked as fast as normal........Though the wife has extensive list for both Publix and Winn-Dixie.....including the picking out of the Roast Beast...lol....i shall catch the Famous Potatoe Bowl......who could miss an event, with such fanfare.....You guys speaking of concerts, i have been to many...Steely Dan, Alice Cooper, Rolling Stones, Three Dog Night, Jethro Tull...even went to Atlanta Rock Festival in July 1970.......Sadly, about 10-12 years ago we went to Steely Dan in Miami...great seats....when it started ....EVERYONE AROUND US SANG......i just hated not hearing the band well....last concert.....
I would say Hockey is incorporating technology...But not allowing Tecnology to define it. If there were replays the last five minutes of a hocky game would resemble the final two minutes of a basketball game a whistle every 10 second...If I had to comromise I would be willing to use replay for off-side and Icings and any other call that does not require a refs judgement...Like the delay of game penalty for dumping the puck into the crowd...
I seen Tull and Steely dan(great show) and the stones...
A off the top of my head top 5
1) first Dead show 5\9\77
2) Derrick Trucks band 11\2\11
3) Frank Zappa December-1975
4) Paul Simon's Gaceland tour...1996
5) Metropolitan Opera (1980) performing Wagner's Das Gotterdammerung

Location hidden

#416 Dec 20, 2013
In 1969, a friend and i saw Three Dog Night at the Chicago Opera House...great acoustics.....probably the tightest, best harmony and vocals....of any concert i have ever seen.....and we had both seen them a couple years before at Valley View, a teenage niteclub, before they became famous.......Saw the Stones at a stadium, it was almost impossible with all the noise and distractions......Gotta bring up this Duck Dynasty BS.....does this mean, we all have to embrace the gay lifestyle? Something bad is happening with the Freedom of Speech.....and no one is crying out......And i am a guy that gags at the thought of agreeing with Sarah Palin...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#417 Dec 20, 2013
You should know better than to embrace Palin...Bad Dog...you don't know where she's been...
From your time over there you know what it is...Bull...
Being the expert on Bull...lol..let me take a crack at it.
Equal before thier gov't does not mean you have to embrace the life style.
It is summed up in a joke i once heard..
I used to be against gay -marriage... untiill...I learned that it won't be mandantory......
Most BS (other than mine) is the product of a radicals mind and once the left and right radical gets a hold of an issue..They twist it and soon the 70% who have some moderation find themselves confused...
When you pry all the greasy fingers off of the issue...What you are left with is equal standing before their Gov't...basic democracy
I have 0% tolerance for PC... BS....I will call a c*cksucker a c*ocksucker ...Be he gay...or meerly a....
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#418 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
In 1969, a friend and i saw Three Dog Night at the Chicago Opera House...great acoustics.....probably the tightest, best harmony and vocals....of any concert i have ever seen.....and we had both seen them a couple years before at Valley View, a teenage niteclub, before they became famous.......Saw the Stones at a stadium, it was almost impossible with all the noise and distractions......Gotta bring up this Duck Dynasty BS.....does this mean, we all have to embrace the gay lifestyle? Something bad is happening with the Freedom of Speech.....and no one is crying out......And i am a guy that gags at the thought of agreeing with Sarah Palin...lol...
I saw the stones at the Silverdome. I also saw Pink Floyd there, post Roger Waters. The Pink Floyd show was probably the biggest production and best produced concert I have ever seen. I also saw Pink Floyd at the Rosemont Horizon in the Chicago burbs that same year.

This whole Duck Dynasty thing is not about free speech. A company (A&E) is not the government and cannot take your freedom away from you. Free speech is protection from the powers that be, the government. What A&E did was a judgment call and not an infringement on the country boy's rights. I work in Zeeland and if I started talking bad about Dutch people to my customers, saying things like "they're cheap, they're boring"...or whatever I would expect my company would fire me on the spot. It would have nothing to do with my free speech, I would face no imprisonment, my freedom wouldn't be jeopardized and other than not having an income, my life would go on as usual. Don't confuse this with a free speech issue because it's not.

As far as my take on this debacle? Don't care. Never watched or ever will watch. Reality television is only appreciated by those who lack their own sense of identity. I have enough reality in my own life and therefore, feel no need to live vicariously through others.

Location hidden

#419 Dec 20, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the stones at the Silverdome. I also saw Pink Floyd there, post Roger Waters. The Pink Floyd show was probably the biggest production and best produced concert I have ever seen. I also saw Pink Floyd at the Rosemont Horizon in the Chicago burbs that same year.
This whole Duck Dynasty thing is not about free speech. A company (A&E) is not the government and cannot take your freedom away from you. Free speech is protection from the powers that be, the government. What A&E did was a judgment call and not an infringement on the country boy's rights. I work in Zeeland and if I started talking bad about Dutch people to my customers, saying things like "they're cheap, they're boring"...or whatever I would expect my company would fire me on the spot. It would have nothing to do with my free speech, I would face no imprisonment, my freedom wouldn't be jeopardized and other than not having an income, my life would go on as usual. Don't confuse this with a free speech issue because it's not.
As far as my take on this debacle? Don't care. Never watched or ever will watch. Reality television is only appreciated by those who lack their own sense of identity. I have enough reality in my own life and therefore, feel no need to live vicariously through others.
I just hope the whole family stops production and walks.....let's just see how greedy the A&E producers are.......the thought of losing a money making show, like that must have the suits shaking......Is Zeeland nice? I thought you might be in Kalamazoo....in another time, my wife and i lived there and loved it......

Location hidden

#420 Dec 20, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
You should know better than to embrace Palin...Bad Dog...you don't know where she's been...
From your time over there you know what it is...Bull...
Being the expert on Bull...lol..let me take a crack at it.
Equal before thier gov't does not mean you have to embrace the life style.
It is summed up in a joke i once heard..
I used to be against gay -marriage... untiill...I learned that it won't be mandantory......
Most BS (other than mine) is the product of a radicals mind and once the left and right radical gets a hold of an issue..They twist it and soon the 70% who have some moderation find themselves confused...
When you pry all the greasy fingers off of the issue...What you are left with is equal standing before their Gov't...basic democracy
I have 0% tolerance for PC... BS....I will call a c*cksucker a c*ocksucker ...Be he gay...or meerly a....
Bull, you will understand then, why i have zero tolerance for these political types that need to label everyone......labels everywhere.....guess i am not like other democrats......wanting a backhoe and big field, to solve our inner-city crime problems and all.....lol.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#421 Dec 20, 2013
I agree with you in condemming the word fetish that some Democrats hold dear..They are the left fringe and are discounted as such...
Back in the 70's my Grandpa introduced me to politcs and to Jack Kemp...literally...I became a Republican because of all the non-sense the Democrats far left was doing..Embracing flag burning nhilists...The Radicals ran that party ...right into the ground...Then a funny thing happened all the drooling and babbling was comming from the right in the GOP...I got chased out of that party by Pat Robertsons take over...Now I am a Democrat knowing that if I live long enough the loony left wil chase me out..
Poliics, when it works properly is the art of making the makable deal...
The radicals always put thier agenda first ...in front the real business of the country..
Leaving each other alone so we can make some money...

Location hidden

#422 Dec 20, 2013
This market has been very good to us.....that is why i get so tired of all the denial, about the quality of this recovery..........On here, waiting out my wife's show, Say Yes To The Dress......at 9 HBO is replaying that 24/7 Redwings-Mapleleafs show i told you about......My wife loves a Christmas movie, Love Actually.....i want her to see that Maple Leaf Captain is newly married to one of the movie's actress's....lol.....Saturday is huge for her...the buying of the Roast Beast(prime rib)...lol....We had to order new credit cards today, from this Target fiasco.......Hope your medication is starting to kick in?.....
Iseestupidpeople

Grand Rapids, MI

#423 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I just hope the whole family stops production and walks.....let's just see how greedy the A&E producers are.......the thought of losing a money making show, like that must have the suits shaking......Is Zeeland nice? I thought you might be in Kalamazoo....in another time, my wife and i lived there and loved it......
I live in East Grand Rapids but work in Zeeland. Zeeland is ok. Good place to raise a family but in no way exciting or a destination. I imagine most of them like it that way though. There is no way A&E lets this family walk. From what I have heard they have already filmed the upcoming season so they have quite a while to get this ironed out. Then all the easily entertained can go on and worship and idolize what are more than likely a bunch of boring and uninteresting people.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#424 Dec 20, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in East Grand Rapids but work in Zeeland. Zeeland is ok. Good place to raise a family but in no way exciting or a destination. I imagine most of them like it that way though. There is no way A&E lets this family walk. From what I have heard they have already filmed the upcoming season so they have quite a while to get this ironed out. Then all the easily entertained can go on and worship and idolize what are more than likely a bunch of boring and uninteresting people.
You hit on a real valid point a few posts back..If you insult the people in the store you would expect to hear about it ...Even get fired.... Having taken A&E's cash how much obligation comes with that cash. If A&E believe that their product was damaged how far can they go to resolve it....They always find a way to use PR to clean up the mess...

Location hidden

#425 Dec 21, 2013
Iseestupidpeople wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you also noticed the trend in reality television...to have shows focusing on the dregs and extremes of society....Hoarders, Honey Boo Boo, World's Cheapest, Gypsy Sisters........I lived in Sturgis, Michigan and worked in Shipshewana with the Amish....at first, there was a show about this older guy named Mose, that left the sect, and guided younger people that desired to leave.......Then, came several Amish-related shows, that seemed fake or just too scripted....that kind of thing, seem's common now in television.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#426 Dec 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Have you also noticed the trend in reality television...to have shows focusing on the dregs and extremes of society....Hoarders, Honey Boo Boo, World's Cheapest, Gypsy Sisters........I lived in Sturgis, Michigan and worked in Shipshewana with the Amish....at first, there was a show about this older guy named Mose, that left the sect, and guided younger people that desired to leave.......Then, came several Amish-related shows, that seemed fake or just too scripted....that kind of thing, seem's common now in television.....
Putting "exotic " people on is cheap ...easy ..and makes the viewer feel superior...Just because they aren't inbred turtle wrestlers.... Once they got past Ice road truckers and the Crab fishermen it was down hill quick...
The Potato bowl was somewhat disappointing...
Have the feeling the Fins will enjoy their visit more than I would like to see...

Location hidden

#427 Dec 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting "exotic " people on is cheap ...easy ..and makes the viewer feel superior...Just because they aren't inbred turtle wrestlers.... Once they got past Ice road truckers and the Crab fishermen it was down hill quick...
The Potato bowl was somewhat disappointing...
Have the feeling the Fins will enjoy their visit more than I would like to see...
Sorry about the game, Bull....but, i still think Mack and Oliver will get drafted,,,they are remarkable players....Did you see any of the Colorado State game...amazing comeback....Also try to catch the story on Sports Center about the Dad coming back from Afghanistan and surprising the son at his football practice....pretty emotional.....Local news down here is saying low 40's and rainy for the Fins-Bills game.....would like to see the Fins get in the playoffs, just for the experience this young team needs......Alway's remember the older, undefeated Dolphin team had to lose in the previous Super Bowl to the 49ers....the year before they went undefeated.....Bought a pack of Kools while we were leaving grocery store...I just figured, Santa might allow it for the holidays....$7...incredible... ...lol....Enjoyed the women's NCAA Volleyball final, last night.....incredibly hot girls, one was 6'6"...lol.....Wisconsin played hard, but Penn State won the title.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#428 Dec 22, 2013
Mack and Oliver will get drafted and 3 or 4 others will get the free agent look see...If you would have asked me in August how many wins they would have i would have told you 5 ...6 would be a good year....
Most teams have that learnning curve where they get bounced in the first round before winning...I would like love to see the Fins...deprived of that experence...Nothing personal
Todays dog...Browns @ Jets
Todays best game Cards @ Seahawks
Living dangerous with those Kools...How long can you make that pack last?...What does the wife think of Santa?...
6"6'...wow...I bet she has a hard time buying clothes

Location hidden

#429 Dec 22, 2013
Yeah, that 6'6" girl must be hell to climb.....lol....Wife did well....new laptop and headpiece, noise cancelling with a mic....She was on CNET studying that item for weeks.....Gotta tell you, we had T-Bones last night....I am pretty good with a charcoal grill and applewood chips.....Most fun of it was watching the two dogs freak on the bones, this morning...lol....My dog is Falcons at 49ers....with only one team playing, much like Giants at Lions......Bet Tony Gonzalez wishes he had stayed retired......Best should be Ravens at Patriots....crucial for both.....I'd be shocked if the Seahawks lost one, in that stadium.....The Kools have been cool, so far...my lungs have seemingly recovered from our last pack....lol....it is playing with dynamite though.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 22 hr RedWings19 2,357
its high time . . . Mar 29 bobolinq 1
News TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT: Roof Melt (Jan '08) Mar 28 gaga2 72
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... Mar 28 Sneaky Pete 6
News When to consider hip replacement surgery Mar 27 Jane Fairfax 1
Mystery shopping in Grand Rapids? Mar 25 Mrs C 2
News 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where? Mar 25 MiYankee 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web