College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#26 Sep 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Gonna be one of those years?...Beat Notre Dame...then edge out AKRON?????
I am just happy that you beat Notre Damn

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27 Sep 16, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just happy that you beat Notre Damn
...LOL...Grew up a Bears/Raiders fan, only because there were two leagues then....Jay Cutler is like a love/hate relationship....but, yesterday he threw an outrageous pass, with like 11 seconds left....incredible...catch it, if you can....
Sparty

Jenison, MI

#28 Sep 16, 2013
OSU blows.

Buffalo, NY

#29 Sep 16, 2013
Grew up when there were 2 leagues as well..
Spent many happy Sundays at the stadium we generously called 'The Rock pile'
As far as the N.F.L. I was a Packer fan...Bart Starr actually responded to a fans letter.

I saw.
Cutler is Jeckel\Hyde it's hard to win with that.
Bills are too young to know better...E.J. Manuel looks like the real deal...
For the first time in years Sundays are almost as interesting as Saturday.

Location hidden

#30 Sep 16, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Grew up when there were 2 leagues as well..
Spent many happy Sundays at the stadium we generously called 'The Rock pile'
As far as the N.F.L. I was a Packer fan...Bart Starr actually responded to a fans letter.
I saw.
Cutler is Jeckel\Hyde it's hard to win with that.
Bills are too young to know better...E.J. Manuel looks like the real deal...
For the first time in years Sundays are almost as interesting as Saturday.
The current QB at FSU is the best of the lot....Viking's mighta got the wrong FSU Qb....lol....Yeah, i remember many Christmas seasons with Packers/Cowboys, big games....My Ex's cousin was Craig Morton....

Buffalo, NY

#31 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The current QB at FSU is the best of the lot....Viking's mighta got the wrong FSU Qb....lol....Yeah, i remember many Christmas seasons with Packers/Cowboys, big games....My Ex's cousin was Craig Morton....
Stir up some memories...
Watching the rock pile turn into a rain pit in a pounding rainstorm..my first game the Boston patriots win 20-10
Vince Lombardi bringing the Washington Redskins to town and leaving with his only loss to an AFL team
The good O.J......

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#32 Sep 16, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Stir up some memories...
Watching the rock pile turn into a rain pit in a pounding rainstorm..my first game the Boston patriots win 20-10
Vince Lombardi bringing the Washington Redskins to town and leaving with his only loss to an AFL team
The good O.J......
> No such thing as a good O.J.
>:|

Buffalo, NY

#33 Sep 16, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> No such thing as a good O.J.
>:|
the good was brilliant the bad was of a greater magnitude... The contrast between the heights than a man run to and the depths that he can plunge to is..worth remembering

Location hidden

#34 Sep 16, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Stir up some memories...
The good O.J......
I remember a Saturday afternoon, in Autumn....watching Gary Beban lead UCLA againest USC and the long-striding, OJ Simpson.....I thank God, i saw Gayle Sayres and Dick Butkus, in full performance mode....

Buffalo, NY

#35 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I remember a Saturday afternoon, in Autumn....watching Gary Beban lead UCLA againest USC and the long-striding, OJ Simpson.....I thank God, i saw Gayle Sayres and Dick Butkus, in full performance mode....
So you may have a year on me...
And my memories of college football then was University of Buffalo 16..Holy Cross 0
As part of a pre-planned demonstration the U.B. band formed a peace symbol on the field and the student section lit up in unison.
The next year the program was dead

Location hidden

#36 Sep 16, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
So you may have a year on me...
And my memories of college football then was University of Buffalo 16..Holy Cross 0
As part of a pre-planned demonstration the U.B. band formed a peace symbol on the field and the student section lit up in unison.
The next year the program was dead
Check this out, my Jr. High buddie's Dad was a night manager at the Conrad Hilton in Chicago...i recall him telling us about the Hippies(Weathermen) renting a fancy suite, during the 68 Democratic Convention....they burned a big part of an expensive Persian rug....and, filled paper bags with feces, then dropped them on police below....lol...

Buffalo, NY

#37 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Check this out, my Jr. High buddie's Dad was a night manager at the Conrad Hilton in Chicago...i recall him telling us about the Hippies(Weathermen) renting a fancy suite, during the 68 Democratic Convention....they burned a big part of an expensive Persian rug....and, filled paper bags with feces, then dropped them on police below....lol...
\

No doubt..not to venture to far into politics...
I am by no means or measures a right winger.

But I do not understand the point that was supposed to be made back in 1970 by ruining a football game...

I look around at some of todays feverish radicals and they may come from a completely different direction but i still don't get it

Location hidden

#38 Sep 16, 2013
Which game are you speaking of?

Buffalo, NY

#39 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Moderately speaking...
...them all

Buffalo, NY

#40 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
My bad i misread...
10\31 1970 University of Buffalo's last Div Ia home game (and win) until sept. 1999.
ABC was in town to televise when the Band started the half time protest the network showed 20 minutes of traffic on Bailey ave. Buffalo legend
Buffalo 16 Holy Cross 0

Location hidden

#41 Sep 17, 2013
Sure looks like the Bill's have finally found a Quarterback?....FSU is turning into QB U....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#42 Sep 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sure looks like the Bill's have finally found a Quarterback?....FSU is turning into QB U....lol....
E.J. gets 'happy feet' if he has to run through his progressions. With experience he will let the receivers run their routes before he goes to the back for a dump off. He has as strong an arm as i have seen and throw excellently on the run. If he has a strong learning curve we will have our first strong QB since Jim Kelly.
Coming soon to the NFL OLB Khalil Mack....The man is a beast...If he is in the right scheme (3-4) and is set loose off the edge...Can you say Lawrence Taylor? Maybe

Location hidden

#43 Sep 17, 2013
I'm like that about Howie Long's younger son, who the Bears drafted at Guard...all the pundits said he was a stretch, but he has been a Road Grader everytime i see him play....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#44 Sep 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'm like that about Howie Long's younger son, who the Bears drafted at Guard...all the pundits said he was a stretch, but he has been a Road Grader everytime i see him play....lol....
He has excellent bloodlines....
Mack is no stretch Kiper and co. have been babbling and drooling ....mid to late 1st round
He is the best defensive player to come out of the MAC since i have been watching.
What I love about Mid-major football is being the first to see a guy and say ...he is special...
Bet you a sarsaparilla that in the spring his name will be high on everyones list

Location hidden

#45 Sep 17, 2013
Are you kidding, i already forgot what dinner was last night...lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) 18 hr Lena Gomez 194
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri T-Man 2,968
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... Fri Lena Gomez 3
White people are selective racist. Fri Lena Gomez 2
White males are weak. Fri Lena Gomez 1
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Fri Lena Gomez 40,232
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Fri Lena Gomez 49

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance