College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#369 Dec 11, 2013
I have never cared for Rivers....always looked at them as an overrated franchise...even though i loved Lance Alworth and and Dan Fouts....kinda like the Cowboys of the last ten years.....I grew up in Chicago, but cannot imagine, how those people sat there in that for 3-4 hours....like Buffalo...those are real fans....We haven't been to a game, since we got our HDTV....lol....Went to an Orange Bowl New Years game, that rained and it was in the 40's...we were soaked and it was windy...i alway's recall hearing the 5th Dimension singing as i had chills for the last two hours.....i get cold, just recalling it.....lol...the Super Bowl is simply the NFL payoff for the new stadium.....the reich counter on the bailouts is...but, GM is building a plant in China, with our money....my response is...does'nt BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Honda, Toyota and Subaru....all have plants in America?....Hell, every Mercedes ML Sport-Utility you've ever seen, was built in Alabama....geez....

Location hidden

#370 Dec 11, 2013
I'd never go to a Super Bowl in New Jersey in February.....I'd sell the tickets...my wife is a master of Ebay...lol...

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#371 Dec 11, 2013
Rivers is having a good year but San Diego has to wish that it had Eli Manning instead...But even though Rivers comes across as a whiner he is far better than we have had over the same time frame...same with the Bears...
I used to like the 'old' chargers a lot John Hadl..Alworth ...Garrison...They have always been a fun team to watch...
I used to go to every UB & Bills game weather be damned...I sat through attrocious games and weather...just because...I even looked forward to bad weather...One year we played Denver in a blinding snowstorm...12,000 show up ..I was there ..A sub zero raiders AFC Championship...Now I wont take the 10 minute ride to UB if there is an ominous cloud...
You got the gyst of free trade...as fair trade...When we make cars overseas to sell overseas it is a fair trade...Here is the catch all those car making jobs shipped off to Mexico are not fair trade..there is no Mexican carmaker to receprocate...And the wages paid do not turn Mexicans into consumers...Then it resembles H. Ross Perot's giant sucking sound...
And I resent the fact that buried in the tax code are provisions that pay for such moves..

Location hidden

#372 Dec 12, 2013
I think that the building cars in Mexico was the result of many factors....cheaper labor, less safety and manufacturing regulations and especially to distance it from the global anchor of the UAW.....build for the region is indeed, the pattern....Toyota has a massive plant in Thailand, building pickup trucks for the Asia and Australia markets....those trucks will never see these shores....the one caveat being... my tremendous string of fortune with Honda's that are manufactured in Japan....It's true, they do turn every bolt, one more time....lol....I knew, years ago....when i saw a video of their assembly line, and when a bell went off signaling a break.....they lined up and did jumping jacks....something hitech/amish about that...lol.....Look's like your about to get buried in snow? Screw shoveling, eh?.....I shall see tonight, how the Bronco's do...without Wes Welker.....BTW, watched part of Flyers at Blackhawks...Chicago won 7-2....they look as good as ever......in NCAA Hockey, Michigan beat Ferris State on a shootout....

Buffalo, NY

#373 Dec 12, 2013
You are right about those factors in car making jobs heading for Mexico...The reasons weren't the question that i was asking ..I was stating that those reasons in part are unfairly putting American labor at a disadvantage...If Mexico where to adopt our environmental standards and had labor that was organized, preferably by UAW, then you would have a level playing field and whining over lost jobs would then be sour-grapes....Blue Corporations have large cash supplies...Cash isn't the reason for the lag in the 'real' economy...It is lack of consumption...If labor continues to be cut at every turn you don't have the disposable income to consume...
We have been getting snow on and off... Lake Erie plays havoc with our weather until it freezes over. However, In the city our position between lakes Erie and Ontario means the predominate winds take this lake effect snow either North or south of the city. If the area gets 12 inches we get 4...And thanks for the reminder, I gotta talk to the kid down the street. Wave a $20 in front of him, he showed up most of the time last winter...
Welkers concussions could threaten his career, I hope that he is getting sound medical advice...The Sabers are in Ottawa tonight...The Bills debate...Is Stevie Johnson WR #13 worth the headache...My vote no.

Buffalo, NY

#374 Dec 12, 2013
I drive a 1998 Ford econoline....best vehicle i have ever owned
Here is a little Willie Nelson for you

Send "Old Fords And A Natural Stone" Ringtone to your Mobile
"Old Fords And A Natural Stone"

Papa's words ringin' in my ears son you got to get tighter with your tears
Just because she's leaving don't start believing
That your rock'n roll days are gone
'Cause nothing lasts forever but old Fords and a natural stone
And when those sad songs and slow hurtin' songs
Get you down while you're alone it won't hurt long
'Cause nothing lasts forever like old Fords and a natural stone

Location hidden

#375 Dec 12, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
You are right about those factors in car making jobs heading for Mexico...The reasons weren't the question that i was asking ..I was stating that those reasons in part are unfairly putting American labor at a disadvantage...If Mexico where to adopt our environmental standards and had labor that was organized, preferably by UAW, then you would have a level playing field and whining over lost jobs would then be sour-grapes....Blue Corporations have large cash supplies...Cash isn't the reason for the lag in the 'real' economy...It is lack of consumption...If labor continues to be cut at every turn you don't have the disposable income to consume...
We have been getting snow on and off... Lake Erie plays havoc with our weather until it freezes over. However, In the city our position between lakes Erie and Ontario means the predominate winds take this lake effect snow either North or south of the city. If the area gets 12 inches we get 4...And thanks for the reminder, I gotta talk to the kid down the street. Wave a $20 in front of him, he showed up most of the time last winter...
Welkers concussions could threaten his career, I hope that he is getting sound medical advice...The Sabers are in Ottawa tonight...The Bills debate...Is Stevie Johnson WR #13 worth the headache...My vote no.
Part of our economic future was sealed, when the corporation-sponsored Congress started pushing the theme...Open up the global markets and let us compete worldwide....What they met was, let the Corporations compete, with outsourcing at their discretion.....Most corporations are way too greedy, to give a damn about employees(recall Romney's buddies and Bainport in Illinois)....Americans got f*cked by their own leadership, and not the first time......I had a 1974 Ford Supervan...ordered it at the dealer....then later fixed it up into a roving bordello....lol....finally sold it and bought my 1970 Mustang fastback, the sleeping hulk in my garage....someday i need to let that go.......Stevie Johnson could be the Bill's representative on our GHETTO THUG ALL-STAR TEAM....i would counter with DeSean Jackson of the Eagles......lol....

Buffalo, NY

#376 Dec 12, 2013
the sad part about Stevie Johnson when he isn't busy with self promotion and Collecting fines and penalties for his stupid behaviour...he is one of the top 20 recievers in the game, but those times when he is a football player first are getting rarer.
Can't argue with what you said about regular Americans being screwed by the countries leadership, economic and political and social and faith based .....
I dont believe that this generation of Americans (as opposed to our AARP generation) value the common good as much as previous generations. That is reflected in all that Me Me Me Me shit guys like Stevie Johnson spew...The very rich on the other hand have always believed the the good of the country and what is good for them is the same thing...thus the Romney class are missing an important part of what makes up a persons consience...the ability to see your self critically.....
As I was saying about lake effect snow elevated areas south of Buffalo got up to two feet...there is no way we got two inches...Nice fluff light stuff too.

Buffalo, NY

#378 Dec 12, 2013
moderator said thug is naughty

Location hidden

#379 Dec 12, 2013
I love looking outside at the new fallen snow....especially the extreme quiet, when you step outside....Don't know if you realize it, Bull....down here we haven't one pothole....roads are a little like cheese graters, but are smooth as hell....You never see cars rusted out or driving around with body cancer, as we used to call it....C'mon down...lol...you'd still get to see the Bills, at least once a year, and in 70 degrees....lol...just kidding.......About the Multinationals and their outsourcing and greed....all the harm it will do to the future generations....they must think it just won't effect their offspring, if they leave them all, enough fortune.....if not honor or patriotism....Tonight : Broncos 34...Chargers 17.......

Buffalo, NY

#380 Dec 12, 2013
amen on the super rich...not bound by even decency at times...I only do small caps, there are a few CEO's at that level that are human, genuine guys. Other just blurt out some of the darnedest things...these guys really don't give a fack about you...
What i will like is going out tommorrow morning with the dog. Were getting a couple inches of snow ...temps cold be single digits...there will be that crunch when i walk on the fresh snow...Breathe deep feel the snot freeze in my sinus...
I get the same rap from my sister...Arizona has no potholes no auto rust.
the only diffrences are humidity and Arizona has scorpions not cockroaches
Chargers are kicking arse now but with Manning anything can happen

Location hidden

#381 Dec 13, 2013
Your Sister must love Arizona, eh? I was out there years ago...not sure i could get used to everywhere being brown....lol....i have relatives out there too....it is a popular retirement place for many from Chicago......Dogs love cold weather, i know...Ours were even overjoyed this morning at 57 degrees....those woods are awful tempting for them, but we have a "stay in your yard" agreement in place...lol....Bronco's defense isn't good enough yet, and i feared it after that embarrassing loss to the Ravens in the finals last year.....Chargers just pinned Peyton at the 5 or 7 yard line several times and dominated the time of possession....Kinda the formula for the Bronco's defeat...Have to admit, Rivers can play when he wants to.....and he has good recievers.....Hard to believe the Dolphins still have a shot.....Bears may be making a mistake, switching to Cutler....many think they should stay with McGown's hot hand.....

Buffalo, NY

#382 Dec 13, 2013
The dog is about 8 years old he was running around like a pup...Good old ricky is happy as it gets...his cat pal Isis sits in the window and watches...She wants to be a dog and Ricky thinks he is a cat...The two cats that hang with me all day Buddy and Poot ...they don't give a damm about outside or ricky..It wasn't as cold as forecast....mid teens...
I respect Rivers not like him...did you see the post game interviews with him...immature...If I ran the Bears I would play McCown...because under no circumstances will Cutler be my QB next year...McCown may not be starting next year either...but I would keep him anyway. Bills play in J'ville on Sunday you could take a quick ride over plenty of seats available...Went to see the old High School watched a game of hoops...They got a little 5"5' guard that was deadly from long distance...too bad he isn't 5"10...

Location hidden

#383 Dec 13, 2013
Jacksonville's biggest problem isn't wins....it's selling seats, and that is why they should have considered signing Tim Tebow....they have zero marketing skills.....Many think they are eventually going to LA......Dolphins have a chance againest the Pats....especially with Gronk out......Hey i just googled ABC's 20 20, and saw a segment about TOPIX and about how this guy's life was ruined by false gossip, and they tracked down, who was doing it.....check it out.....

Buffalo, NY

#384 Dec 13, 2013
J'ville has had lots of problems ..shame franchise had a great start...Unless you draft Jordan Lynch so Tebow and Lynch rotate...Then you wouldn't get your read-option QB killed...Face it Tebow looks ugly as a pocket QB...but I bet his passing improves if you put him in a familiar offense.
Seen the 20/20 segment...looked up the topic..This is instructional or that is how i take it.....tell me what you can make of it...check out related video's
http://youtu.be/oMZoxSrPXkA

I remember hearing stories about how PaPa Bear Halas was always worried...Lombardi might be spying...
So my Bulls are a couple of points favored...The game is in Boise which means it could be 25 and snowing...that could be a big advantage our way...San Diego St won't like it if it is cold

Location hidden

#385 Dec 13, 2013
The topix incident made me think that i spend entirely too much time there.......debating with people that shun honesty, logic and common sense and treat politics like a college rivalry......there are plenty of sh*theads on this forum alone.......that would rather support a party, that could care less about them....including facts about our economy and politics.....Oh Well.....lol....Jacksonville should have never been allowed a team.....too small....when they had the Super Bowl, they had to bring in cruise ships, because there weren't enough hotel and motel rooms for it......Tebow is from that area of Florida and is considered devout to the point.....people would come, just to watch him warmup.......so you throw him some Wildcat plays and short pass plays......The mission is to fill the stadium.....BTW, topix now has advertisements that block the posting numbers....ads that won't go off.....it's corporate greed at it's worst.....

Buffalo, NY

#386 Dec 13, 2013
I had been spending less and less time "over there" every time I do I run into someone that makes me regret it. These are people who will agrue that water is not wet...and then get violently upset when you tell them that is nuts...some due it just for show, they aren't dumb or crazy just bored...others are dim, a few are, unfit...for lack of a better word...
I most likely will only be found non drooling section...
The ads here arent any worse than what is on a Ipads free apps...I have a new policy if your ad pisses me off i won't by the product...
You are probibly right about what Tebow is worth to a franchise...PR and maybe 15 plays a game...It would be fun to watch if they would sign him and draft Lynch...I wonder if pro D-coordinators will be able to solve it...Would either Lynch or Tebow survive a season?

Location hidden

#387 Dec 14, 2013
Seem's their allegiance to a mean-spirited GOP, is somehow more important than their country........Seem's Fox and the teaparty have done more harm, than good.....and i have no doubt, that the teaparty started out with the best of intentions.......I guess all we have now is the Army-Navy game and not much else.....too bad, that College Football just kinda leaves all at once.....except the bowl games.....Do you think Jamies Winston will get the Heisman?.

Buffalo, NY

#388 Dec 14, 2013
The i have an uncle that is a tea bagger...even though he has a skull made of titanium...i have to give him the benefit of the doubt, on good intentions...The people who actually funded the start up and those who set that whole right- lie thing loose on the country, they have no honorable intentions...Army - Navy today an appropriate end of the regular season...Next Saturday is the first four of the bowl games including "The Famous Potato Bowl". So it really isn't too bad.
Winston wins the trophy...If it was off the field behaviour McCarren... the real guess is who will be 2nd....
My guess McCarron deserves to finish second
Will Winston cash out and see if he can make it as a pro? I think he wil but shouldn't

Location hidden

#389 Dec 14, 2013
I think, there is a chance that McCarron is a much better Qb than anyone really knows.......he was very restricted by somewhat conservative gameplans at Alabama......Hotty girlfriend too...I grew up with a Larry McCarron, he was huge and got a full ride to Illinois, started at center for the Packers for ten years and does the game commentary and sports for Green Bay TV......he had a hot sister......i had a thing for her, but she never got it....lol....Winston won't have anything to prove, if they win the big one....plus, with all the bad sexual publicity and Tallahassee being a small town..., it might be time to scram....It might be worth going pro, as he would be a lock at #1 pick....Watch for the bottom teams to start tanking it.......He could completely change a team like Jacksonville.....Though Chad Henne shows occasional streaks of talent.....Jon Gruden has a formula at his camp, that successful pros, have to have played a certain amount of games, before succeeding....i just love his draft camp show on ESPN....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 14 hr WMNewsFan 3,104
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Wed Definitely Okay 2
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Wed T-Man 1,191
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) Nov 21 District 1 400
The pain is everywhere! (May '13) Nov 12 DrugsRbadMmmkay 74
social networking - your drug of choice (Jul '14) Nov 12 DrugsRbadMmmkay 2
Understanding Pain (Feb '10) Nov 11 DrugsRbadMmmkay 54

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance