College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#349 Dec 9, 2013
You know what though.....as if, i would ever defend mayhem....lol....during the game, in the stands there were signs held up by several fans reading...BURN THE COUCH....and the news videos i saw, they were actually burning a couch and some tree limbs....no real damage done....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#350 Dec 9, 2013
It just looks so shabby...The visual on the news is gatutious enough to twist overexuberance into a full fledged riot. I hadn't ruled out a little sensationalization. I had doubts that they had burnt down the campus...
What you are saying is the kids up in East Lancing need to go hang out with some European soccer fans if they want to learn how to do it right?
Or Vancouver Canauck fans?
Those folks are scary...

Location hidden

#351 Dec 9, 2013
Niece graduated from MSU....it has a huge drinking image....Bull, the BCS screwed up in a major way, by not putting OSU and Alabama in the same Bowl....That is the matchup that many wanted to see and it would have been perfect with the 4 team playoff starting next year....Plus, it deprives me of the pleasure of seeing buckeyes splattered all over...lol...

Buffalo, NY

#352 Dec 9, 2013
MSU's rep won't be helped by that lets burn the couch theme..
I think you got a good point about Ohio State v. Alabama..that would move Clemson over to play oklahoma...still a darn good game.
Best match ups..
Capitol One..Wisconsin v. South Carolina
Cotton...Oklahoma Statev. Missouri
Russel Atheletic...Louisville v. Miami (fla.)

The mismatches
Chic-fil-a Duke v. Texas A&M
Pinstripe..Notre Dame v. Rutgers..

The Irish were duking Buffalo...lol

Did you catch a look at Detroit v. philadelphia yester day...That was fun sandlot football

Location hidden

#353 Dec 10, 2013
Detroit-Eagles, Falcons-Patriots and Dolphins-Steelers were excellent games to watch, but Vikings-Ravens...with 5 TD's in 2:05 was a classic....Fins game sidenote, both Pouncey brothers play center for either team......I think that the best Bowl game of all is gonna be the Rose Bowl....both Michigan State and Stanford are very physical teams....very intense and fun to watch...i like defense......Your right about Louisville-Miami, a great matchup....and Johnny Football is gonna kill Duke....Though it is good to see Duke in the mix at all......Congrat's to my Bears and Mike Ditka.....Did you see that TD catch Jeffries made in the corner of the endzone?....seeing that cold and hiow uncomfortable everyone was, shows me....i could never live back up there.....

Buffalo, NY

#354 Dec 10, 2013
Jeffries catch was a beaut...Loved the camera work on that they show a shot from behind that was great...Did you see the father and son (i assume) from Dallas...Bundled up shivering...I think the NFL is nuts to play night games in the northeast at this time of year...I almost hope the New York Super Bowl has that kind of weather and two southern teams like Arizona and San Diego...When it comes to the Super Bowl weather should not be a major issue like it was last night...
Stanford and Michigan State could be a nice game...my thought is that Stanford is a better team
Ditka has always been a great personality...The wife and I grade the MNF pregame crew on their attire...Ditka finishes ahead of Keyshon every week....
Speaking of attire...we are faithful viewers of Hockey night in Canada..Just to see Don Cherry...That man wears some of the most outrageous threads i have ever seen...
If you havent seen the guy...you have never seen a real set of duds...

Location hidden

#355 Dec 10, 2013
I just don't get Keyshon in that group....I'd rather they use Jeff Saturday or even Darrel Dawkins, as Saturday's technical points are much better thought out and they need a lineman....lol....more social engineering by the NFL....Don Cherry's act is to dress outrageous...when i was first on Topix, i talked hockey with a guy titled Don Cherry....i was'nt aware of the depth of bullshit on here....lol....i believe the Heat play the Pacers tonite...that is worth a look...best two teams in the east.....

Buffalo, NY

#356 Dec 10, 2013
I like Jackson and Carter for input...The wife laughs at Carters eye brows...
Not only does Cherry play the peacock with his suits, he gives an unapologetic defense of good old fashioned hockey..He dubbed Mikko Makkala "the European vacation" and he rides the Sedin brothers for their soft play...I woud have loved to play for a guy who saves his praise for his grinders.
Don Cherry here yeah....right
A while back a guy used the name Les Claypool...Les is a great bass guitarist...I confronted the guy and asked why he would abuse Claypool's name....The guy insisted that he was indeed Les Claypool ...I told him I am really Warren Buffett...
I am sure some other people use multiple names....
It's easy to be an ass hole when its anonymous
bigmike

Orlando, FL

#357 Dec 10, 2013
Good thing for Ohio State to get beat by MSU.That way they wouldnt get embarressed by Florida State.Stick to basketball.

Location hidden

#358 Dec 10, 2013
I hated the Sedin brothers for their timidness....did'nt i say that before?....That is why they should have rioted in Vancouver...lol....Great City by the way.....There is a guy in some political threads...Robert E. Lee....that i feel the same way about.....Having problems again with computer, she hooked up Google Chrome....we had a geek we liked, but he moved up north....maybe...lol....i wanna try his number and actually see if he did....Over the years, i have seen many, many people leave Florida and then, come back.....especially to North Carolina....which is a mirage to many....lol....82/68 degree days is kinda tough to beat, especially now......

Location hidden

#359 Dec 10, 2013
bigmike wrote:
Good thing for Ohio State to get beat by MSU.That way they wouldnt get embarressed by Florida State.Stick to basketball.
Still though....would'nt Ohio State - Alabama, be a great bowl game?......the two teams, nobody wanted in the see in the final....the irony bowl...lol...

Buffalo, NY

#360 Dec 10, 2013
I have had an exchange or two with "Robert E. Lee"...None of us use the exact name... or you would end up with Mr. Lee invading your space...On the other hand...Why not call your self Bo Schembechler (sp?)...
How does J.P. Morgan sound? Or should i go with W. Buffett?
Stan Jonathan was Don Cherry's pet player...if you want to see a fine hockey fight look up Stan Jonathan v. Pierre Bouchard on Utube....it's worth the couple minutes...
Sabers are the only thing on tonight I just hope the first pick in the draft is another Sid Crosby.
When ever i have computer problems I get my son on it...
bigmike

Orlando, FL

#361 Dec 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Still though....would'nt Ohio State - Alabama, be a great bowl game?......the two teams, nobody wanted in the see in the final....the irony bowl...lol...
It will be a great bowl for Alabama.I like Alabama by 3 touchdowns.Again the south eat is where football is a religon.The northern cats should stick to basketball.

Buffalo, NY

#362 Dec 10, 2013
bigmike wrote:
<quoted text>It will be a great bowl for Alabama.I like Alabama by 3 touchdowns.Again the south eat is where football is a religon.The northern cats should stick to basketball.
I wouldn't be willing to second that bet but...
There is no one in here that is going to defend Urban Meyer.
This yankee would love to see him lose two in a row...
I would enjoy seeing that almost as much...
as I do watching southerners trying to drive on ice.

Location hidden

#363 Dec 10, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
I have had an exchange or two with "Robert E. Lee"...None of us use the exact name... or you would end up with Mr. Lee invading your space...On the other hand...Why not call your self Bo Schembechler (sp?)...
How does J.P. Morgan sound? Or should i go with W. Buffett?
Stan Jonathan was Don Cherry's pet player...if you want to see a fine hockey fight look up Stan Jonathan v. Pierre Bouchard on Utube....it's worth the couple minutes...
Sabers are the only thing on tonight I just hope the first pick in the draft is another Sid Crosby.
When ever i have computer problems I get my son on it...
Don't know if you are into hoops at all...but, Miami Heat is hosting the Indiana Pacers, as we speak....first meeting since the east finals, last year.....from now on, i will be known as Charles Woodson.....or Nathan Bedford Forrest.....lol....most days i can be one or the other......

Buffalo, NY

#364 Dec 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know if you are into hoops at all...but, Miami Heat is hosting the Indiana Pacers, as we speak....first meeting since the east finals, last year.....from now on, i will be known as Charles Woodson.....or Nathan Bedford Forrest.....lol....most days i can be one or the other......
Well if we are going with Civil War motif i am.... William Tecumseh Sherman...or... Bob Gainey....I never thought it would be so difficult finding a suitable name to steal...Jimmi Hendrix?...Harrold Stassen?
I don't follow pro hoops too closely when i was a kid we used to have the Braves...Bob McAdoo, Ernie DiGregorio...Seen Wilt and Kareem ect... With no team I dont play as close attention...I go to the odd UB or Canisus game...the NCAA's is always a good watch
Sabers beat the Ottawa Senators in a shootout...The game ended 1-1. Our goal was knocked in by their goalie..

Location hidden

#365 Dec 11, 2013
I watched a bit of the Redwings-Panthers game....they replaced a smashed plexiglass panel, without taking off the paper covering....lol....spectators behind it just had to move, if they actually wanted to see the game......Too bad for us that the arena for the Panthers is kinda far....cause it is a great setup....right on top of the play, you can even hear the french swearing...lol...Look's like our net loss is only 11 billion, for saving GM-Chrysler....well worth it, i'd say....if you were really brave, you'd enter the debate on this Grand Rapids forum...lol...chicken....

Buffalo, NY

#366 Dec 11, 2013
Why did they leave the paper on the glass? Were they hoping to return it, like a x-mass sweater granny gave you...That is odd....And if i had payed $75 to sit there...they better sit me at the end of the players bench for the rest of the game....But when you only get about 8,000 per game...there would be plenty of upgrades left empty.
I was for the auto bailout...when it was just a rumor...The net loss is somewhere around $11 B on GM but if you take TARP in it's totality it is a breake even or even a small plus...Which makes it a huge plus...Because these return numbers do not incude the spending that would have been required of the Gov't in unemployment , food stamps...Also not included is the Net present value of all of the tax levies that would be missing from the treasuray for the forseeable future...Then add to that value that can't be put in to numbers , thus all the short sighted miss...The human value of communities crushed & lives ruined...Avoiding the social upheaval is worth $11B easy...Bottom line is TARP was a good deal...
I'll look at the Grand Rapids forum....
In the Buffalo forum...'Will the Bills win a Super Bowl before I die?'....
answer...how old are you?

Location hidden

#367 Dec 11, 2013
They were actually Redwing fans...lol...those seats are expensive too...Panthers won in overtime, which is a minor miracle in itself...Redwing players must have wanted to get to South Beach, on the way to the airport...lol.....Yeah, the Auto Bailout was a no brainer...way too many jobs and associated jobs at stake....Hell, we've lost more than ten times $11 Billion, on fighter planes and ships we did'nt need or that did'nt work.......Chargers at Broncos tonite....I'll take Peyton.....lol...even in the cold....

Buffalo, NY

#368 Dec 11, 2013
I am with you on the Broncos...The Chargers have never had the cold-weather feel...However if it's not Chicago cold Rivers can keep it close...He is having a great year 70% completions 26 td v. 9 int nice stats....
What do you think of night games in cold cities?
And the New York Super Bowl ?
And will the Bills win the Super Bowl before you die?
And a bit more on the cost of the bailout versus any given defense program

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/final-22-fighte...

The F-22
In service since 2005, yet in spite of two wars and numerous other activities...no one mission..zip ..nada
cost ...$79B for the entire project $420m per plane...the TARP bailouts just make 15% less of something that hasn't been used and your there...no-brainer..right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump has no chance 7 hr Idea Maker 14
News Muskegon YMCA revokes memberships of registered... (Nov '07) Thu Ddotl3038 66
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... Wed Disco Stu 37
Poor Little Patriots Wed Joe Balls 25
News Why micro loans might be key to growing black-o... Jun 28 Oh No You Di-nt 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jun 27 Carly 2,652
Brexit is America's advantage Jun 27 RushFan666 3

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages