College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
Comments
241 - 260 of 1,312 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

did you see Auburn v. Georgia that was a heck of a play that won that game for Auburn, the play of the year so far. South Florida saved it's self from being embarrassed by Temple on a great catch too and there was a real amazing catch in the Baylor v. Texas tech game....Usc Beats Stanford....I dont know what the spread was in the Alabama V. Mississippi state game was but they had the tide tied up in knots...
Have to do the leafs and gutters, Have help from the wife and a friend of my son.
I actually had a nightmare about the ladder...I have been a tad less than graceful lately
Bills v. Jets even match.
Peyton v. The Chiefs will be a fun game to watch.
Got on the replay of the Sabers game..Leafs scored twice in the first, a week ago the team would have stopped playing, last night they played the whole game 3-2 loss but nice effort.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

I saw the tipped pass and TD at Auburn,it was the #1 play on ESPN Top Ten......i watched Stanford-SoCal game, it was good.....but Michigan beat Northwestern in triple overtime, clearly the game of the day for me....made up a little, for the PennState game...lol....today is always a quandry for me....i try to take a nap before Redzone starts at 1 PM....even though i get up at 5-6 AM...that's too early for a squeeze-in-nap....lol...Have to retain my strength for Chiefs-Broncos.....I got hurt, years ago...falling off an extension ladder from like 20 feet, haven't been on it since...lucky i can get to the only gutters i have with a 6 footer, as my wife holds it....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I saw the tipped pass and TD at Auburn,it was the #1 play on ESPN Top Ten......i watched Stanford-SoCal game, it was good.....but Michigan beat Northwestern in triple overtime, clearly the game of the day for me....made up a little, for the PennState game...lol....today is always a quandry for me....i try to take a nap before Redzone starts at 1 PM....even though i get up at 5-6 AM...that's too early for a squeeze-in-nap....lol...Have to retain my strength for Chiefs-Broncos.....I got hurt, years ago...falling off an extension ladder from like 20 feet, haven't been on it since...lucky i can get to the only gutters i have with a 6 footer, as my wife holds it....
I can understand why you loved that Michigan game.
Contemplating the end of the MAC season I had a fun thought. If Northern Illinois should get the Bowl upgrade they deserve, then the second or third MAC team goes to the Bowl game in Detroit...v. a team from the Big 10...lets say Michigan and if We should win v. Bowling Green we would be #2 in the MAC (assuming we don't beat Northern Illinois in the MAC championship game...)
Naw that would be too much fun to ask for...Michigan V. Buffalo in Detroit...merry Christmas
The sons friend will be the on climbing the ladder....but I still was intimidated by the thought...
Getting old I guess...I used to fear very little...
Now i have bad dreams about ladders...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

We should start a Sunday tradition, of what is the worst game of the day.....I'll start, since i thought it up...lol....Falcons at Buccaneers should be bad, especially since it's still kinda hot down here, and only 73 people care, who wins....lol....Best surprise game of the day?....Ravens at Bears.....lol...All that ladder talk got me movin....fed the Orchids and watered the patio plants....still trying to figure out if Chrysanthemums are worth it in this climate...alotta pruning and they dry out so easy.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Worst game could be Bills v. Jets EJ is rusty and Spiller and Jackson are playing hurt. The Jets have offensive problems of thier own I predict a ton of ounts and neither EJ or Smith getting 50% completions under 28 points combined
Best suprise Packers v. Giants both teams need the game The giants are playing decent ball can Green Bay win with Lacy and Starkes carrying 40 times? 24-21 who ever wins takes it on last play or over time
Gardening is a skill that I never aquired...
If I need contemplation I write short stories...they are harder to kill.
We got wind and rain earlier than expected and the yard work was called shortly after it started

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Well, your Bills looked fine, and EJ is the man....now, just spend a coupla drafts surrounding him....maybe Bellechek will retire....lol....Bears over Ravens was epic...imagine 5 1/2 hours of freezing in rain and wet clothes....those are fans, eh?.....Hey what up, with the drunk falling on the poor fan at the Bill's game?.....Bronco's won....unfortunately, i fell asleep somewhere in the 3rd quarter....it was a kinda boring game....i guess the hype did'nt match the reality....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

That corner of the stadium is for some reason cursed. He is the second drunken ass to fall out. And ... During a monday night game v. the Giants way back in the 70's the game got delayed twice once by some ass hole hanging from the cable that holds up the net behind the goalpost and the largest fan brawl I have ever seen in my life. there was a mix of Giant and bills fans in that end zone the fights started before the game and in the second half all hell broke loose.. i was in the upper deck oppsite side of the guy hanging from the net cable...there was a philadelphia Thursday nite game that was as bad fight wise....Me and my brother were in the caught up middle of that started when a woman from buffalo sucker punched a guy from phiilly...scary people..
The NFL did a survey of fan violence a while back and The Ralph was the 3rd worst venue we got jobbed were as bad as Philly. Haven't been in The Ralph in 12 years.
you win the first week ...EJ played well and was lucky on hideously underthown ball turned into a TD. Geno was 8 of 23 3 picks and 2 fumbles. Green Bay couldn't run... you win 2-0 yesterday

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

There used to be tons of fights at all the Jets-Dolphins games, especially at the old Orange Bowl....they used to bring out Police Horse Cavalry, just a few minutes before the game's end......you may not know this, but the Cardinals were in Chicago, then St. Louis, then Phoenix....well the Bears used to hate those guys....i was listening to Dan Dierdorf, yesterday and thought he might remember, this exhibition game in the late 60's, at some baseball stadium in St. Louis that had the worst fight between teams, i have ever seen...it was incredible...these two Cards had a Bear down in a dugout and were both literally stomping on him....it was beyond anything i have ever seen....but the NFL, sure kept it quiet.....lol....Bear's had Butkus and a guy, Ed O'Bradivich that were beyond scary.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

The Cards have been gypsies but back in the day they were Chicago's other team. Back in the leather helmet days you had guys like Bronko Nagurski and Johnny 'blood' mcnally seriously tough men.
Butkus was brutal, I had seen him after he had multiple knee injuries and he had decended into cheapshots. Ray Nitsche could be nasty. I remember watching a bills @ the Houston Oilers Ernie Ladd was extra nasty....If intentionally targeting of a head were a penaly then he would have accounted for a half mile worth.
You ever read instant replay? Jerry kramers book on the last year Lombardi coached the Pack he gives lots of examples he said Karras was a load.
Must read football book...
I am told that the Ralph has better security these days...It wasn't just the fights...the drunks. During a Raiders game a few years back a couple was arrested for doing the nasty right there in their seats....Her daddy must have so proud when her face showed up on the front page of the Buffalo news.
It was the whole experence that gagged me. Never seen any of that in a ncaa game...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

It's kinda the same with the baseball Cards and Cubs, too....i made a fortune at 12, mowing the lawns of fat guys that drank Hamm's beer and watched Jack Brickhouse and the Cubs on WGN.....lol....my income was only limited by how much gas, i could carry......BTW, we have a lawn guy now, and i quit smoking...So?......lol.....Yea rs ago i read Instant Replay....loved it and am still pissed, that Alex Karras isn't in the Hall....teams had to gameplan away from him....and with his entertainment achievements....i just don't get it.....See ya boys are on tomorrow night, they sure get good exposure, don't you agree? Bet ESPN pays well, also.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

You mentioning cutting lawns for money brings back memories. I had access to a lawn mower and a 1\2 dozen or so regulars. Shoveled snow for these people too. That small change was very handy, I had to pay for my own hockey sticks...
How long ago did you quit smoking? I had years ago but missed the act so much it was a distraction. Now a cigar a day is my limit, I enjoy it there is a 'cigar culture'. I can sit on the poarch watch the world go by with a cigar and a cigar catalogue.
Karras was an all time great he gets penalized because the lions were never a good team when he was on it.
Tonight the Patriots and Panthers are going at it pretty good.
MAC loves ESPN...I don't if the cash is the only or even the main reason they love Tuesday and Wednesday night ball...High scholl seniors and Juniors are watching I bet the boost in recruiting is a major part of the reason. Also watching are the people who vote in polls if your trying to be Cinderella a little adveritsing don't hurt the cause.
Tomorrow is winless Miami. I hope they take care of business and no one gets hurt.
24 point favorite... I feel bad for Miami. We were once that bad

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

I actually quit two years ago, but it has been a rocky road....as about every six months i buy a pack...the first 3-4 are great, but the last 16 are hell....lol....Karras has been blackballed because Horning and him were caught gambling, but Horning got in.....Karras also owned a bar in Detroit, that the NFL claimed was frequented by mobsters....i just think it is a huge injustice and now he has died.....Patriots got screwed by the refs...I've watched the last play 6 times, and there is no excuse...the moving hold took place, before the interception....Sad part is, about Wednesday, Belichek will get a, we are sorry call, from the league....Brady was pissed and he does'nt show emotions often....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

I had tried to quit for years. tried cold turkey...Gum ...Patches...Then I did Chantix and ...poof...like magic the addiction was gone. The problem was more a habit of doing certain things, coffee the Buffalo News, maybe a trade paper, more coffee and cigarettes...Cigars replace that non additive need. If i went with out a Cigar I would miss it at coffee time and at those times when i am contemplative, but miss it ain't having a nicotine fit. It is nice to have smoking be a choice...I haven't had a single cigarette since chantix...
Patriots did get jobbed...but that was a good game..very entertaining..Did you see the sweater that Brady was wearing in the pre-game clip...very Mr. Rodgers...suits Brady ,I consider him a class act...
\Both Horning and Karras liked to rub elbows with questionable company...It seemed to cost Karras a lot more than it cost Horning...
Tonight...Kahilil Mack is one caused fumble away from the NCAA record...a few more tackles for loss and another NCAA record falls...I hope he puts on a show for you...
Quick stat Mack is in the top 10 nationally in sacks and passes defended and tackle for loss...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

I finally quit with the nicotine patches from Target....they somehow take the desire away....but, i was a 1-2 won't hurt kinda guy, unfortunately they only sell them, 20 in a pack.....lol.....38 years of 2 packs of KOOL 100's a day....to be honest, if they had'nt effected my health, i would be smoking one, right now.....i went to pipe tobacco, but still inhaled...so it was just a slower bad.......ESPN's Cowherd and Peter King are saying, last night's officials correct, up until the wrong last call....that when the gathered to sort it out, it was just too quick and wrong.....BTW, Mack is good enough to get drafted, don't you think?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

I would smoke with gum in my mouth, with a patch on... they really didn't cut it. And If smoking was in no way harmful I would still be smoking on instead of chewing on a cigar 'short'....It is true that I still am a tobacco user..and I am sure I get some tar and nicotine delivered, but in quantities too low to keep the addiction going...
besides you have to admit that as an accessory a cigar makes a rather Macho fashion statement.
For NFL refs....There is no excuse for being quick on a call that decides a game...we had sat through longer delays for 10 yards give or take in lopsided games
I think Mack is likely to be an undrafted free agent, maybe a late 7th round flyer...
I mean take away the fact that he is 6'4 250 can chase down the team bus and bench press it...The fact that he seems to be a really decent kid...and what do you got....just another linebacker from Buffalo...a dime ..a dozen...
I do get carried away talking him up...It wont be long and you'll never hear his name again...just a few more games and a bowl...the draft and a 12 year hall of fame career...
after that i promise not to mention him more than once a week
And the fact he will make Heath.gov work...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

I think Mack might be valuable to a pro defense, that want's to cover some of these huge, NBA-type Tightends...or attack the Qb off the corners....we need his 40 time.....the little, muscular RB might be a Amendola-mini Ray Rice-Super knat type.....lol.....Verdict is, that the refs blew it....if it was a change of possession, then they should have studied the sh*t outta the replays.....it's clear as a bell, that Keuchley held Gronk, before the ball was even close to being intercepted.....Geez, that's what the REPLAYS ARE FOR......The corporate NFL will let it slide.....Sorry, but i am not much of a cigar guy, have even smoked cubans without getting it....i recall they were the only tobacco, people were still banned from smoking on airplanes...Too Stinky....lol.....In 1st grade, we went to MSG to see the Ringling Circus and i can still remember, my first and lasting impression was it had a forever lingering cigar essence......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

With Mack I think the best fit will be as the edge LB on a 3-4 like Bryce Paup (sp.?) was back in the 1990's Bryce was a Packer and a Bill, maybe in Jacksonville as well. On obvious pass downs he would be moved along the line in order to exploit match ups as a pass rusher. Bo Oliver the running back has good hands and is a very eager blocker at the very least he wil get a shot as a 3rd down back , also keep an eye on wr.#19 Alex Nuetz, fantastic hands, see him in the slot as a #3 wr.
The refs did screw that up...And your right if you can't get it right...why delay the game?Biggest screw up this year by a ref was in E. michigan @ Buffalo... EMU's quarter back threw the ball away on the 3 yard line...ref rules safety, intentional grounding in the end zone...You can't challange the spot on a penalty...mistake stands as called.
Cigars arent for everyone..If you ain't cultured and refined enough...lol...My grandfather used to smoke cigars and as a kid I thought the man reeked...now I am him...lol...
Nor are pipes...Parents divorced when I was a kid..eventually mom got a boy friend who smoked a pipe...being a teen aged punk i would steal his pipe smoke pot in it...he would freak out... I would be cool.."what are you going to do...tell my mommy?"...There were times i deserved to get my butt kicked, and didn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Bo Oliver reminds me of a smaller Darren Sproles....that is the name i could'nt remember before.....Khalid Mack is #7 on Mel Kipers main draftboard, did you know that?.....He is a lock for Sundays......My point on the Pat's game, was actually...delay the game until you've exhausted the replays, in order to get it right......My mom and grandmother both smoked and i recall driving in winter, and they would have the heater on high, while smoking...we were prisoners in our backseats....lol....better yet, when i was younger, my first wife and grandmother drank scotch and water....i used to take a sip and i just hated it....that was until i was about 50, when i acquired a taste and appreciation for it.....Funny story....about 20 years ago, a wealthy business client gives me a bottle of Grant's 25 year old scotch....i drank some, then forgot about it....until the guy came to fix the fridge, and i looked in the cabinets above, and find the Grants...now 45 years old....it was heaven, while it lasted....even kinda sad when i finally killed it....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Yeah they mentioned Kiper's placement of Mack as #7. Depending on what underclassmen come out that could be about right. Mack is by far the best player UB has ever produced. Jerry Philban was the only grad who was all-pro. Last night my wife said she felt sorry for the Miami QB, they were abusing the boy. Miami claimed an in house attendance of 9,985...WTF, not even if everyone there counted as 10...Sad because that is a beautiful campus and Stadium, best MAC facility I have seen. Watching the replay of Kent-Ohio from last night. Kent fakes a punt direct snap to a 280 lb. guard who is the blocker...goes 60 years ...hurdled a guy on the way in...impressive.
Scotch was never a favorite. Jose gold label & Labatt's...I haven't drank a drop in about 10 years. The first severe drunk was on cheap wine, i was sick for days...To this day wine smells like puke...I can't stand the aroma.
Mom and Dad used to smoke in the car. In the winter with the windows rolled up, just like yours...I have an older sister and a younger brother, the kids sat in the back seat, Sis and I used stick poor little brother in the middle....We would have our noses pasted to the window opened just a crack to let in a breath of fresh air...The younger brother was smoking a pack and a half a day by the time he was 15...
He died of lung cancer in 2000 a couple days after his 40th birthday...sis still smokes a pack of Newport a day

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

I liked menthol, so the sister's Newports were good...also Alpine and Bensen & Hedges....lol....Wife is all stoked for this weekend's grocery shopping....lol....Don't know what it is about Thanksgiving, but she loves the whole process.....Bronco's at Patriots must be one of the night games, this weekend....Is Alabama-Auburn coming up? That should be the test i been wanting for Sabin....lol....Been watching the conversation about how USC should keep this interim headcoach on permanent....He was interviewed, he was considered a top recruiter....he recruited Michael Oher, the Raven's tackle that the Sandra Bullock movie was about.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE