Fantasy Junkie

Leechburg, PA

#228 Nov 11, 2013
Every play college fantasy football? It's pretty fun check it out here you can win some decent money too! https://www.fanduel.com/...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#229 Nov 11, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Yes you called Miami soft and they have lived down to it...The polls seem to agree on #1-2-3 But Stanford is though to be better than Baylor...o.k.
The Saints were sick...They absolutly destroyed the Cowboys...Dallas seemed to be conceding the game in the first half...Shame full.
I hope Manning is OK I think we may see his age catching up , in that he is starting to accumulate little injuries that he isn't recovering as quickly as he had in his prime..
I would love to see him go out winning.
Tomorrow we are @Toledo. ESPNU Toledo isn't in our division we have a one game lead so this is one that we can afford to lose...Toledo is favored by 4
I seen photos from a small city called Tacloban. The only thing that I can compare those photos to is the photos from Hiroshima. There was one with a handful of people praying in a wrecked church. I am in no way religious, but thas was one was so powerful that it caused me to say a quick one.
I get ESPNU, so i will check it out....They show the Colin Cowherd Show on that channel, daily at 10-1pm.....Toledo has this famous little, Chili Dog diner...can't recall the name.....Hurricane Andrew, in like 91 maybe, was the strongest one to compare and it was'nt as strong....the tornados that spin off the hurricane are what do much of the damage.....parts of S.Miami, Homestead and some of Key Biscayne looked like that.....where homes were turned into kindling.....i alway's feel sad about the youngest and oldest....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#230 Nov 11, 2013
I second those thoughts.
The youngest and the oldest and those unable to help themselves by all means...
I have no personal refrence... Our famous blizzard of '77 choked the city for a couple weeks. there were people abandoning cars and being takin in by strangers.There were a few bodies that were discovered in snow banks.
You all can keep your hurricanes.
My sister moved to Arizona.
I was there in July...she can keep that 115 degree 'dry' heat
I was in Toledo for one road trip. Nice city.
They have a really good program they have gone to a bowl last 3 years. 6-3 so they will most likely go to a 4th. But because of Northern Illinois they can't win the west division.

Location hidden

#231 Nov 11, 2013
Is Northern Illinois really that strong?...I've seen them on the Top 25 for awhile.....About natural disasters, i always thought, where my grampa's cabin was in the Sauble lakes area of northern, MICH...not the UP.....anyway, other than freezing greyness for 3-5 months....i have never seen any forest fires there, or tornadoes ever....i could fish there forever....like a Twilight Zone, where the skeleton is in a boat, holding a rod....lol....Hope the Dolphin's play like their careers depend upon it, tonight....Miami and Tampa have a history of hating eachother and they often get into fights....Hope they can keep Tannehill alive...lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#232 Nov 11, 2013
I like the idea about Sauble lake...If civilization goes in the crapper, i willll be at the door. It sounds like a hunting\ fishing heaven.
This years Northern Illinois team is better than last years. They beat Iwoa by 4 and I got to watch them beat the crap out of Purdue 55-24 and it wasn't that close. Like every other BCS buster they will be overmatched against a top 10 team. But they deserve a bowl upgrade and a shot at a second tier BSC confrense school. If they were matched against a Florida State and it will be ugly but I would give them a more or less even chance against Miami or Michigan
The Dolphins have a weak opponet so if they are able to overcome the distractions...
Oklahoma state v. Texas and Baylor v. Texas Tech will be interesting games
Think Mississippi State is good enough to suprise the Tide?

Location hidden

#233 Nov 12, 2013
Only problem with Sauble Lakes or Michigan is....i don't think i could stand real cold, cause i won't...lol...also, i have been back down here too long now.....it's just one of those dreamy places from our happiest days.....the reality would never match....lol...Dolphin's are kinda out of it now....they will likely win a couple more, but that's it.....I have mixed feelings about the people in the organization....I'm not as teamcentric as i used to be.....So, ya boys on ESPN2 tonight, see there i can still remember shit....lol....You know, Bull....i could catch freshwater fish down here like crazy....but, i don't think they are as safe and chemical free, like up north....too much fertilizer runoff down here and it never gets cold enough to refresh everything....if that makes sense?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#234 Nov 12, 2013
It's on ESPNU so your memory is fair, on a par with mine.
I respect Toledo's program, it would be nice if we were good year in and year out.

The Dolphins looked totally disinterested at times. They are dead the race to the bottom with the Bills is on. The Dolphins could fall faster, the owner may wanna fire the coach or members of the staff to show he did 'something'
Around Buffalo the fishing is very good. The Bass masters held an event here, some of the waters that were fished are with in waking distance. Pike and pearch. And the pefect place to take a kid Hoyt lake has large carp that seem to alway be hungry, catch them on pop corn or bread balls....
Lake's Erie and Ontario are a short drive , Niagara running near by...Lots of summer day were spent drowning worms and downing Genny's
However the state of New York warns us limit our consumption. So i am catch and release.

Location hidden

#235 Nov 13, 2013
Sorry about your boys, Bull....i flipped by several times and it was alot to nothing.....watched MSU hold off Kentucky....but, PBS had this two night special on the life of JFK....that was outstanding....he was my earliest recollection of what happens in Washington.....even recall waiting in line, after lunch in 5th grade....when several teachers were crying and they told us, the President had been killed and to go home....50 years...Wow....or watching the funeral and Oswald getting shot....all live on TV.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#236 Nov 13, 2013
they played like it was a game that they could afford to lose...Spotted Toledo 38-0 then out score them 41- 13 in the final 20 minutes..Licata threw for 397 yards in the last 20 minutes...Too bad they didn't show up for the first half. Next Tuesday is @ winless Miami and then on Black Friday we host Bowling Green the division title wil be on the line...
I don't have any clear memories of JFK's or Oswald.
But I do have vivid memories of Martin Luther King and RFK.
At that point we were living in LaSalle a Gov't housing project and our nieghbors were a nice older black couple, I was 11 and used to do little jobs for pocket change, go to the store...ect...
Not knowing I went over on that day this friendly pair were crying . I don't remember what but Ii said something a kid would say, and got sent home.
I went back the next day and RFK had been in an Indianoplis ghetto, asking for calm, praying...Mr. Cobb told me with tears in his eyes about how RFK was a great man and I began to understand somethings..
Too soo n Rfk was gone too and I think that hurt them almost as much as King's death.. I believe they took it as America is not sorry...

Location hidden

#237 Nov 13, 2013
I handed out leaflets for RFK in the plaza...must have been Spring 1968....i had alway's liked him alot....but, truth was i was trying also to get close to a female supprorter.....1968 was a special time(Long Time Gone, by CSNY plays in the backround)....lol....never forget the scene of them holding up his bloody head, as he was dying in LA.....So happy that Caroline will be our rep in Japan.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#238 Nov 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I handed out leaflets for RFK in the plaza...must have been Spring 1968....i had alway's liked him alot....but, truth was i was trying also to get close to a female supprorter.....1968 was a special time(Long Time Gone, by CSNY plays in the backround)....lol....never forget the scene of them holding up his bloody head, as he was dying in LA.....So happy that Caroline will be our rep in Japan.....
Yes 1968 was a special year indeed...(CSNY..Teach your children...plays in the back ground) not all lessons are easy ...Do you have an uncle... mine was loaded at a backyard cookout..he kept telling the same "joke"... the punch line was "the king is dead..."...Yep 1968 was educational...

Location hidden

#239 Nov 13, 2013
Look's like your Sabres got a new(old) coach.....I saw where Peyton did'nt practice, but i hope he is great for Sunday night.....Sunday night is a tough night on television for us....alot of great shows, over the years at the same time, same day....Dexter, Smothers Brothers, Ed Sullivan, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, 60 Minutes....then, now great NFL matchups often....lucky we have On Demand with the cable.....Sonny and Cher...lol...I think Northern Illinois is on tonite...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#240 Nov 13, 2013
Ted Nolan had a short run here he was enormously popular. He had a knack for getting top milage out of marginal players...that makes him the right choice for this collection. Ron Rolston was our old coach, was as exciting and engaging as a block of wood but the results weren't his fault. The truely good news is that Darcy Regier is also gone, to be replaced by Pat LaFontaine. Regier was here a decade more or less and had the curious habit of being able to consistantly trade away a guy who was slightly better than the guy he recieved....
On demand and the DVR have probabily rescued thousands of marriages...
Couple that with the fact that ESPN U and classic and MSG (New York) show replays of last weeks college games, makes it far less painful to say , yes dear.
No. Illinois v. Ball State Ball State is a very good team their only loss was @ North Texas...They kicked Army and Virginia's ass. Could be real entertaining

Location hidden

#241 Nov 15, 2013
Occasionally, i can catch some replays also on NFL channel....wish i could have stayed awake for the Colt's comeback.....Not sure about any big games in College tomorrow.....I can only concentrate on Chiefs-Broncos this Sunday Night......I do alot of gardening down here...i just love experiment seeing what thrives and what does'nt....lol....Don't see you as much on the politics threads?....You should try this Grand Rapids forum for grins.....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#242 Nov 15, 2013
I was actually busy working we have a couple prospects. Don't wanna bore you but we have a dog that can be exploited. Theres a way to gain by picking losers called a 'short'. And complete losers are easier to spot .
Speaking of Complete losers, i had been in and out of the political section lately check out the ' No end in sight for the war on women' thread and you will understand.
i have no green thumb I can barely keep a lawn alive. But having a calm quiet place where you can gain some of the virtue of contemplative efforts.
Just finished with the hockey game . Ted Nolan first game back. The Maple leafs were in town Sabers won . leafs games are fun, The Canadians will pay double the face value of a ticket or more to come over the bridge for a Toronto or Montreal game. so there were 6,000 Leafs fans in the building so the joint was jumping. Last time we played them up in Toronto there was a major brawl. It was a hit on U tube look up John Scott fights Toronto.
This week USC v. Stanford...Texas v. Oklahoma....South Carolina v. Florida...
Two upsets specials Oregon state over Arizona state and Georgia over Auburn just hunches i would also bet Mississippi state to cover

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#243 Nov 15, 2013
TYPO
Texas v. Oklahoma state

Location hidden

#244 Nov 16, 2013
Geez, i used to love watching Montreal play....when they had Guy Lafluer and that group.....i also watched a great series in last years playoffs...was it Canadians vs Bruins?....Maybe....i thought that the Blackhawks-Bruins final last year was excellent....i was actually thinking the Bruins might just take it, but they did'nt....You know what's hot....do you ever catch women's NCAA Volleyball?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#245 Nov 16, 2013
When I was a kid I wore a Red Canadians Jersey with Bob Gainey's name and number on it...I also considered Ken Dryden to be a hero being the best goalie on the planet and obtaining degrees in law in both USA and Canada from McGill and Cornell at the same time and spending his summers with Ralph Nader, pro bono. He has held a cabinet post in Canadian gov't and some day could be prime minister.
The rivalry with the Sabers v. the Canadians and Leafs is great and having your building with 1\2 cheering for the other side adds so much. It was like a playoff game last night. the entire crowd was on it's feet for the last 10 minutes. And while we have always had the habit of beating the crap out of each other on the ice we are good off the ice. More than once I shared beers with the Canadian farm boy who had just kicked my ass.
However If anyone is dumb enough to wear a dolphins jersey to a game at the 'Ralph', they are taking liberties with their well being. Hockey fans are better than pro football fans
A friends daughter played volleyball in high school. I used to bump the ball around with her and some of her team mates... attended some of their games. It is an entertaining game, and the athletic and team play aspects of volleyball are appreciated here.

Location hidden

#246 Nov 16, 2013
I also had a red Canadians jersey, but lost it on the way....about 15 years ago, we took a fantastic vacation to Seattle...went to Victoria and Vancouver...found this weird little store in Vancouver that had everything HOCKEY...i got a Soviet Red Army hockey jersey....lol....later, a coupla years ago...when the Canucks were in the Finals, i got so pissed that those Sadien(?) brothers would'nt fight back, i just hated them....glad they lost and all their little scumbags tore up the town.....BTW, Vancouver has the best Asian-fusion restaurants i have ever seen.....the Canadian government was smart to welcome the Chinese with money, outta Hong Kong before the changeover......while we had Haitians with AIDS floating up on our shores.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#247 Nov 16, 2013
Toronto has shops like that, very cool the old CCCP soviet jersey. I love the Canadians like you love that brother that you might fight with and then have beers with, and who 'has your back' if that is needed. Toronto is the 4th or 5th largest city in North America. It's got some great ethnic food...some neat things to see, but driving there is a pain. The Queen Elizabeth Way connecting Buffalo and Toronto is a 5 lane race track.
The Sedin Brothers are not my favorites either. Are you familiar with Don Cherry (I love that man) has a term he first used on an ex-saber Mikko Makkala..."A European Vacation"...I have had guys like that on my team and got my ass kicked protecting them, and I loved playing against guys like that because you can shut them down with a single act of gratuitous aggression, then you will entertain that 6'4 240 #'farm boy', The charm of the game, gawd how I miss it.
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”
Look at that as me and my big mouth...or....
Some time being the good guy sucks. You will at times be taken advantage of. Thought to be a wimp. A sap.
I am going to make mistakes, may my mistakes be mistakes born of trying too hard to do it right than because of short cuts taken because they are easy...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 6 hr Oneal 153
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 7 hr shutthefuckup 676
Benghazi Cash Grab! 12 hr Gville Jim 17
Obama Silent On 13 hr Gville Jim 3
Millennials To Obamacare: F That! (Mar '14) Mon Oneal 9
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? Sat TheOne 4
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) Sep 27 Oneal 121

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]