Grand Rapids marijuana case: DecriminalizeGR talks adultery, prostitution in legal brief

Dec 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MLive.com

If city police do not refer cases of felony adultery for prosecution of state law, then why should they have to refer marijuana violations? That's one argument in a legal brief filed by DecriminalizeGR's attorney in advance of a Jan.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
stephon farmer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 7, 2013
 
I think they raise a very good point! Not enforcing one law but coming down on another shows selective law enforcement. If you're going to uphold the law it should be all or nothing, no one should be able to pick and choose which laws they want to enforce.furthermore, pot does'nt have people killing and breaking into homes or flooding the E R with od's, it's the more harsher drugs like crack and meth that's the blame. In my opinion i think michigan is the most petty state in the country when it comes to laws, the justice system does'nt work for the people it works for the political authorities. And they wonder why jails are over crowded and police agencies always need funding. Wake up michigan! Fight! Don't give in! Don't let em win!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

stephon farmer wrote:
I think they raise a very good point! Not enforcing one law but coming down on another shows selective law enforcement. If you're going to uphold the law it should be all or nothing, no one should be able to pick and choose which laws they want to enforce.furthermore, pot does'nt have people killing and breaking into homes or flooding the E R with od's, it's the more harsher drugs like crack and meth that's the blame. In my opinion i think michigan is the most petty state in the country when it comes to laws, the justice system does'nt work for the people it works for the political authorities. And they wonder why jails are over crowded and police agencies always need funding. Wake up michigan! Fight! Don't give in! Don't let em win!
Who is them? There are many laws not enforced. Immigration. Pot does kill. Do you think Cartels are going to stop violence when they are going to loose hundreds of billions? Get off the weed and stop your trip on the yellow submarine......
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Who is them? There are many laws not enforced. Immigration. Pot does kill. Do you think Cartels are going to stop violence when they are going to loose hundreds of billions? Get off the weed and stop your trip on the yellow submarine......
Great point Batch! Let's keep weed illegal and keep importing it from the cartels so they don't get mad and kill people. If you're against weed I have to ask: WTF are you smokin?
angry citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If they spent half the time that they spend crusifying marijauna on actual crime fighting maybe there would'nt be so many violent crimes with no suspect and no clue. I don't know how pot became the anti-christ, but i'm sure it's politics behind it. I feel that no one will be happy until people view this state as being one of the worst states to live in. Every decision that the politicians make right or wrong! It's us the tax payers that pay, one way or the other. The big wigs think they're so smart they're actually stupid, if they keep wasting time and money on such trivial matters before long the state and the city both will be reduced to not enough funds and more stupid laws!
angry citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point Batch! Let's keep weed illegal and keep importing it from the cartels so they don't get mad and kill people. If you're against weed I have to ask: WTF are you smokin?
dumb ass! How do you think weed or drugs enter this country? The government allows it that's how! And as far as your cartel talk" this is a city and state matter wtf!? Are you sure you're not high? You fashist slave. And to the other dumb ass! Learn something new.....
angry citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point Batch! Let's keep weed illegal and keep importing it from the cartels so they don't get mad and kill people. If you're against weed I have to ask: WTF are you smokin?
and by the way batch! Them is the prosecutor the police chief and people who have not done their homework such as yourself!!!!!
Rick

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

angry citizen wrote:
<quoted text> dumb ass! How do you think weed or drugs enter this country? The government allows it that's how! And as far as your cartel talk" this is a city and state matter wtf!? Are you sure you're not high? You fashist slave. And to the other dumb ass! Learn something new.....
Hey why cant you dongs all get along?
angry citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey why cant you dongs all get along?
thanks rick! Maybe if people stop being so uptight! And light up, we could all relax.........
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

angry citizen wrote:
<quoted text> and by the way batch! Them is the prosecutor the police chief and people who have not done their homework such as yourself!!!!!
Look up Mexican death squads, Zeta's. You tell me what they are protecting....... Pot
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 7, 2013
 
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Look up Mexican death squads, Zeta's. You tell me what they are protecting....... Pot
That's not entirely true --but-- if it were true then why not take pot out of their hands?

The Zetas love our useless war on drugs. They have made billions because of it.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not entirely true --but-- if it were true then why not take pot out of their hands?
The Zetas love our useless war on drugs. They have made billions because of it.
So you are proposing the assignation of new US pot growers by Mexican Cartels...... You never saw the severed heads along border towns have you......
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>So you are proposing the assignation of new US pot growers by Mexican Cartels...... You never saw the severed heads along border towns have you......
You never did either.

Let them try and come to the US and behead our people...and watch our miltary vaporize them.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stoner wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't do that, you people (liberals) want gun control.
WTF are you talking about?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did either.
Let them try and come to the US and behead our people...and watch our miltary vaporize them.
First, I have. Swollen bodies with out heads while heads are rolled into public places. Teenage birthday partys is also a yearly favorite for mass slaying...... Second, Military can't be used within our borders...... Now, there is always the private sector security teams..... Just adding to the taxes to pot to pay a contractor six figures.....
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Second, Military can't be used within our borders......
Who said anything about within our borders? If they start be-heading US citizens it will be Afghanistan x 10,000.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about within our borders? If they start be-heading US citizens it will be Afghanistan x 10,000.
Act of war with one of our top trading partner..... Boy are you thoughtful....
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Act of war with one of our top trading partner..... Boy are you thoughtful....
They (Mexicans) would welcome us with open arms to take out the cartels. Obviously they can't do anything to stop them.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

St Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
They (Mexicans) would welcome us with open arms to take out the cartels. Obviously they can't do anything to stop them.
It is the Mexican govt that has the responsibility to clean up their corruption.... We should cut training aid to their Police and Military until the prison system is cleaned up as a first step....
Sayldog

Ada, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 9, 2013
 
On the one hand, GR says that in spite of what the voters have passed, the city CANNOT go against State laws regarding marijuana.
On the other hand, the city says it CAN go against State laws regarding open carry of handguns.
Funny how these officials that WE have elected and whose wages WE pay, can indiscriminetly choose when they want to follow or ignore State laws and/or the will of the people. They need to remember that they don't RULE us, they WORK FOR us.
Run 4 ist

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 10, 2013
 
Sayldog wrote:
On the one hand, GR says that in spite of what the voters have passed, the city CANNOT go against State laws regarding marijuana.
On the other hand, the city says it CAN go against State laws regarding open carry of handguns.
Funny how these officials that WE have elected and whose wages WE pay, can indiscriminetly choose when they want to follow or ignore State laws and/or the will of the people. They need to remember that they don't RULE us, they WORK FOR us.
True that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••