Ex-con nabbed for Grand Haven murders

Ex-con nabbed for Grand Haven murders

There are 330 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Ex-con nabbed for Grand Haven murders. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 42-year-old Muskegon Heights man has been arrested in connection with a double murder last week in Grand Haven.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Frank

Warren, MI

#1 Jul 7, 2008
What a total waste of a human life. Apparently Prison did nothing to reform him.
Steve

United States

#2 Jul 7, 2008
huh, who would've guessed the perpatrator would be from Muskegon heights.......
Hamilton Mom

Caledonia, MI

#3 Jul 7, 2008
That's not a man, that's an animal. I take that back, animals don't even murder their own. He's below animals. An eye for an eye. If he's convicted by a jury of his peers, he deserves the same fate as those innocent victims who I'm sure earned every penny they made. I am so sorry for the families of the victims. If I had the right to make laws, I'd say put this monster to death and sell his organs and give the proceeds to those families. Morbid I know, but he deserves to pay as much as possible and whatever way possible.
GRRitated

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jul 7, 2008
What's truly amazing was this POS was out on the street. Now two innocent people are dead thanks to our inept Department of Corrections. This has got to stop. I wish all the high taxes we pay would build more prisons if that what it takes... well, actually lets bring back the death penalty in Michigan. Fry this guys a s s.

Darik OBrien Anderson' rap sheet- 8 convictions, including 4 for armed robbery and 1 for felony firearms:

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile....
Tye

Tucson, AZ

#5 Jul 7, 2008
Muskegon Heights,Nelson,Jackson Hill and the Marquette Neighborhoods are what produce these, in the words of Obama,"Typical Black Person".
Of course Obama said "White"
mom2oneboy

Mount Pleasant, MI

#6 Jul 7, 2008
Steve, was that really necessary? honestly?

Thank God they have this man in custody! May he rot in hell for what he has done.
henry hill

Deerfield, IL

#7 Jul 7, 2008
i wonder if he was responsible for the other recent break ins and/or robberies in GH over the last few weeks including citizens bank and a local tavern.
tom

Greenville, MI

#8 Jul 7, 2008
GRRitated wrote:
What's truly amazing was this POS was out on the street. Now two innocent people are dead thanks to our inept Department of Corrections. This has got to stop. I wish all the high taxes we pay would build more prisons if that what it takes... well, actually lets bring back the death penalty in Michigan. Fry this guys a s s.
Darik OBrien Anderson' rap sheet- 8 convictions, including 4 for armed robbery and 1 for felony firearms:
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile....
not going to change, too many bleeding hearts & Libs....too bad

Since: May 08

Lansing

#9 Jul 7, 2008
prison is NOT meant to reform. it is punishment and a time for reflection. reform doesnt work and was proven to not work many years back. we need to get back to serving the time they were given,no parole. build more prisons. i would rather my taxes went to house these people than some of the other things my taxes go towards.
BadRap

Lansing, MI

#10 Jul 7, 2008
Thanks to Jenny Granholm for the Early Release Program. And "They" wonder why they have a bad rap!
Death Penalty

United States

#11 Jul 7, 2008
This guy should be put to death. He is a waste of a human being.
short drive

Eden, NC

#12 Jul 7, 2008
Problem is, prisons need to stop being a day camp. They need to be like back in the 40's and 50's no extra stuff.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#13 Jul 7, 2008
Parrot4 wrote:
prison is NOT meant to reform. it is punishment and a time for reflection. reform doesnt work and was proven to not work many years back. we need to get back to serving the time they were given,no parole. build more prisons. i would rather my taxes went to house these people than some of the other things my taxes go towards.
Actually prison IS meant to reform. We have started the MPRI (Michigan Prisoner Re-Entry Initiative)in prisons recently, and hopefully it will make a difference. I hear people complain ALL the time about how their taxes go to pay for prisons and such...you'd complain EVEN more if there were not a place to house the criminals! If you think they get the best food in the world, you are TOTALLY wrong too. Yes, they do get weights and tv and so forth, but they also foot the bill for those items. The Prisoners have what is called a Prisoner Benefit Fund that people can donate money too (normally their visitors) and that money goes for their gymnasium and other various things they all vote to spend the money on. People who have never worked Corrections are totally clueless as to what goes on inside of a prison, but always complain about what goes on. I do agree this guy shouldn't have been out on the street, but that is not the Dept. of Corrections fault...blame that on the Government's policies and procedures!
snomad

Hudsonville, MI

#14 Jul 7, 2008
To the G.H. Detectives involved... GOOD JOB!
Steve

United States

#15 Jul 7, 2008
mom2oneboy wrote:
Steve, was that really necessary? honestly?
Yep.
SKIP

Grand Haven, MI

#16 Jul 7, 2008
PUT HIM BACK IN JAIL AND NEVER LET HIM OUT HE OBVIOUSLY HAS NO REGUARD FOR HUMAN LIFE AND NO REGUARD FOR THE LAW YOU WOULD THINK 15 YEARS IN THE PEN WOULD HAVE TOUGHTHING SOMETHING
snomad

Hudsonville, MI

#17 Jul 7, 2008
The "extras" or "niceties" many talk about prisoners having are a means of control. They can be taken away at any time. The way the DOC sees it is... it is better to have a prisoner watching a little b&w Tv vs. banging around on the yard. Good bad or indifferent, it helps to a certain degree.
Bob Twill

Marshall, MI

#18 Jul 7, 2008
{sarcasim warning} Proof that we need more gun control, because criminals truely are concerned if they are breaking the law...

We need to make the prison system a form of punishment rather than an extended vacation. In some ways prisoners have it better than us - cable, health, dental, gym equipment, 3 meals a day all provided by the tax payers.
Hellfire

United States

#19 Jul 7, 2008
If he is convicted of this crime(s), he will never breath the air of a free man again.
Pistol Pete

Lansing, MI

#20 Jul 7, 2008
I hate liberals and the people who vote for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 2 hr Dena 1,161
News Caught on tape: man beats dogs (Mar '08) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 156
are the protesters going to jump 11 hr RushFan666 51
Local News Women (Apr '09) 13 hr T-Man 2,839
Poll Any parents of children in jail forum (Jul '09) Feb 20 Carter 58
Art Van Scam (Oct '08) Feb 18 MUman 50
Texas Girl With a Great Plan (Sep '12) Feb 15 Gaxtell 74

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance