Heartwell defends supporting parks cash

Heartwell defends supporting parks cash

There are 33 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 24, 2009, titled Heartwell defends supporting parks cash. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Whoever came up with the saying "Politics makes strange bedfellows" might have envisioned the sight at Grand Rapids City Hall last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kris

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Mar 24, 2009
hi is like aig need more money for his sallary. this money belong to home owners peoples not park in crissis then you hungry every day or homles , who care about new park , only rich gridy S''''
DJL

Allegan, MI

#2 Mar 24, 2009
Riiiigggghhhhhttttt........
Put my finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing. Oops, I better change my mind about that. The new decision will get me more votes.
Give me a break Heartwell, all you are concerned about is you.
Flipper

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Mar 24, 2009
Mayor Hartwell is flip flopping again.
Oh I didn't mean that but I met this or was it the other way around? I forget. I'm so confused, I think I'm heading to Mark's club.
Jon

Coopersville, MI

#4 Mar 24, 2009
kris wrote:
hi is like aig need more money for his sallary. this money belong to home owners peoples not park in crissis then you hungry every day or homles , who care about new park , only rich gridy S''''
I would suggest a little more time in school learning to read and write, and less time on the internet.
Movin Out

Canton, MI

#5 Mar 24, 2009
Come On! Mayor, who are you kidding? Step down already...you just can't be trusted anymore! Remember the big Secret Deal you entered into with that con-man a few years ago? We do! You just can't be trusted anymore!! You don't even give off the impression you know what you are doing anymore! Go away!
Richard

Liverpool, NY

#6 Mar 24, 2009
The man is not to be trusted.
Ann in Clarksville

Caledonia, MI

#7 Mar 24, 2009
People are loosing their homes left and right. Foreclosures are at flood levels and not even crested. Let me get this right, the people we hire to run our cities and state want to take money intended to aid families in foreclosure crisis and use 2/3rds of it to beautify parks that are in the down town city, not even in neighborhoods. Perhaps the families that will loose their homes due to mis-appropriation of funds alocated for the foreclosure crisis can pitch their tents in these newly beautified parks. NOT. Maybe these city and state leaders should loose their jobs for not tending to business. Or at least be fined for not tending to this crisis. What are they thinking? I can't wait till election time....
Greg

Rockford, MI

#8 Mar 24, 2009
I think the mayor is two face he only saids what the public want to hear and to boost his image I really don't feel he really doesn't want it to go to the United way but for his glory and to keep face with sechhiea and other liberal people
Greg

Rockford, MI

#9 Mar 24, 2009
I am also on the board of director for legal aide in which we have seen too many people taken advantage of through country wide . these people need to be compensated from all the trouble they went through
Kwame

Wyoming, MI

#10 Mar 24, 2009
And I thought things in the "D" were bad. This is an outrage! That money should have gone to the mayor's new Cadillac SUV.
Stacks

Wyoming, MI

#11 Mar 24, 2009
Why would the mayor not know this information 25 min. before the news conference. Poor communication or flip-flop. I choose flip-flop.
Movin Out

Canton, MI

#12 Mar 24, 2009
Mayor, if you really cared about the city and not what that cheating Cox says you would have said something to him right up front. That is your job. You need to do what is right for the city, not what is good for Cox! Believe me, Cox will ALWAYS look out for himself, he does not need your help. You need to look out for the city and it is clear Kawame, I mean Mr. Heartwell, that you can no longer do it.
Peggy

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Mar 24, 2009
This mayor needs to step down.What good has he done??????????
Jason

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Mar 24, 2009
People losing there homes is what I hear about all the time. This is because of two reasons....1) You purchased a house you could not afford and thus lack elementary budgeting skills. 2)You didn't do your homework on the loan you were taking out which is your fault.

What should those of us think who were smart about the type of home we could AFFORD, did our homework on the loan and now have to bail out those who were either incompetent or greedy in their purchase?
vanderoosterdyke ma

Holland, MI

#15 Mar 24, 2009
Relax folks, Heartwell is just making sure we have nice parks for the new tent city after all of our houses are foreclosed upon. He is looking out for us! Put the homeless in Milenium park AWAY from downtown and the high rollers who will visit. Maybe he can put up a big fence, put some armed guards around it, maybe a big furnace to burn some people too!
Secchia Watch

United States

#16 Mar 24, 2009
Pete + George = backroom nonsense.
Geppetto wants his puppet back, mayor...
Micky

Northbrook, IL

#17 Mar 24, 2009
Peggy wrote:
This mayor needs to step down.What good has he done??????????
He needs to go back to preaching..thats all BS too
Movin Out

Canton, MI

#18 Mar 24, 2009
You know Jason, that's really not the point here. The point isn't whether or not people should get assistance. The point is did Mr Cox and Mr Heartwell do the right thing with the money? No they didn't...not until they got caught!
my 2 cents

Southfield, MI

#19 Mar 24, 2009
typical politician
dicky detts

Denver, CO

#20 Mar 24, 2009
george hartwell is a douch*bag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republican farce must stop . . . it's over GOP 2 hr Idea Maker 2
News Book about boy in dress causes stir at Michigan... 2 hr Idea Maker 24
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 3 hr Idea Maker 1,070
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet (Jan '15) 16 hr sexylexy1414 11
Hot Sauce In Her Bag Swag! Sun District 1 22
Americans need not apply Sun Idea Maker 12
Local News Women (Apr '09) May 21 john6113 2,628
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages