$700 million wasted to promote Obamacare advertising.

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phil

Almont, MI

#1 Mar 29, 2014
What a shame.
Phil

Almont, MI

#2 Mar 29, 2014
Sorry, the word advertising should have been deleted from the title. $17.3 million on advertising and $684 million in total to promote Obamacare.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Mar 29, 2014
Yes, but we're too busy throwing tantrums over some old dustball and his insult to the gay drama crowd to waste time on something as insignificant as a law that will impact ALL Americans.

We'd rather play gay community organizing cyber riot games and get mad about every damned thing someone says, or doesn't say.
Anti- Toothpick

Wayne, MI

#4 Mar 29, 2014
Phil wrote:
What a shame.
Shame
Anti- Toothpick

Wilmington, DE

#5 Mar 29, 2014
Yyy

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 1, 2014
Not hurting our economy....Consumer spending up again in February....
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Apr 9, 2014
Phil wrote:
What a shame.
Actually, the enrollment numbers show that the advertising helped reach their enrollment goal.
Jim

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2014
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the enrollment numbers show that the advertising helped reach their enrollment goal.
That's funny!
Really

Holland, MI

#9 Apr 9, 2014
Yes indeed....7 Million (supposedly) enrolled. 6 Million LOST their insurance due to the rules and a report just out today points out that those who didn't purchase health insurance before the deadline cannot purchase any until the next open enrollment date. Hmmmm, I thought this law was supposed to reduce the number of ER visits????
Jim

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2014
Really wrote:
Yes indeed....7 Million (supposedly) enrolled. 6 Million LOST their insurance due to the rules and a report just out today points out that those who didn't purchase health insurance before the deadline cannot purchase any until the next open enrollment date. Hmmmm, I thought this law was supposed to reduce the number of ER visits????
They are coldhearted bastards. They obviously don't care about people's health. If they did they would not put a cutoff time on healthcare. The Republicans should run with this. All they care about is punishing people for not following their directions and doing as they were told. They just want to throw everybody off a cliff.
pipedream

Holly, MI

#11 Apr 9, 2014
Really wrote:
Yes indeed....7 Million (supposedly) enrolled. 6 Million LOST their insurance due to the rules and a report just out today points out that those who didn't purchase health insurance before the deadline cannot purchase any until the next open enrollment date. Hmmmm, I thought this law was supposed to reduce the number of ER visits????
Not sure there were 6 million that "Lost" there insurance however many of them that claim they did, didn't have a policy to begin with and even if they thought they did, it was a junk policy, not worth the price of the paper they were written on. This whole right wing faux b.s. claim that these people lost their policies have been debunked repeatedly over the course of the last 6 months. Try again Stupid.
pipedream

Holly, MI

#12 Apr 9, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
They just want to throw everybody off a cliff.
As it should be. People who don't want to pay for health insurance and chose to roll the dice on their health, and when they lose expect everyone else to pay when they end up in the E.R. or on a gurney, should jump off a cliff. Who needs them? They are costing the tax payers billions because of their stupidity. If you're one of them, and I highly expect you are (McDonalds) doesn't offer their employees much in the way of health insurance or benefits, sayonara bub. Jump.
Jim

United States

#13 Apr 9, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>As it should be. People who don't want to pay for health insurance and chose to roll the dice on their health, and when they lose expect everyone else to pay when they end up in the E.R. or on a gurney, should jump off a cliff. Who needs them? They are costing the tax payers billions because of their stupidity. If you're one of them, and I highly expect you are (McDonalds) doesn't offer their employees much in the way of health insurance or benefits, sayonara bub. Jump.
So you suggest you should jump off a cliff because of your stupidity voting for Obama. Also Your helping to but in place stupid laws that have cost the tax payers not millions or billions but trillions. That's funny that you should point out how stupid you are. I was just thinking the same thing.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Apr 9, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure there were 6 million that "Lost" there insurance however many of them that claim they did, didn't have a policy to begin with and even if they thought they did, it was a junk policy, not worth the price of the paper they were written on. This whole right wing faux b.s. claim that these people lost their policies have been debunked repeatedly over the course of the last 6 months. Try again Stupid.
You ASSume that because you say it is debunked it has been. However, since you have been hiding your head in the sand, again, you must have missed even the Democrats are running like little scared rabbits from this piece of crap. Oh well, continue to hide your head in the sand, that way when your rear gets run over you won't have time to be afraid.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#15 Apr 9, 2014
If this was such a great program, it would speak for itself, and not need any advertising. The fact that all of this money was pissed away promoting a mandatory program where the message from the president was "buy this or else", and yet only a fraction of the population signed up, shows how weak this trainwreck really is.

Why should we even believe this alleged 7 million number anyway? Everything the liar in chief has said about this program has been a fabrication.
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Apr 10, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
If this was such a great program, it would speak for itself, and not need any advertising. The fact that all of this money was pissed away promoting a mandatory program where the message from the president was "buy this or else", and yet only a fraction of the population signed up, shows how weak this trainwreck really is.
Why should we even believe this alleged 7 million number anyway? Everything the liar in chief has said about this program has been a fabrication.
Translation: "I hate Obama and don't believe anything he says. I don't care if he has the facts to support what he says, I don't believe him."

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#17 Apr 10, 2014
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I hate Obama and don't believe anything he says. I don't care if he has the facts to support what he says, I don't believe him."
Translation: "I love Obama and believe anything he says. I don't need any facts to support what he says, I believe him."
pipedream

Holly, MI

#18 Apr 10, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I love Obama and believe anything he says. I don't need any facts to support what he says, I believe him."
What "facts" do you have to support your position? Nothing except your racist bigoted beliefs and the lies and other misinformation you hear and read from other white trash like yourself or faux nose, townhall, the blaze and other sewer sites you feed off.
You're one of THE biggest racists on the GR forum - and that's a fact.
Phil

Ortonville, MI

#19 Apr 10, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>What "facts" do you have to support your position? Nothing except your racist bigoted beliefs and the lies and other misinformation you hear and read from other white trash like yourself or faux nose, townhall, the blaze and other sewer sites you feed off.
You're one of THE biggest racists on the GR forum - and that's a fact.
Facts - You are a Qboy poledancer with a nice set of lips to take care of all your boyfriends at the Rainbow Club.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#20 Apr 10, 2014
Wonder how many millions have been spent, trying to defeat it?.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Hypocrisy of Ferguson 4 hr Dr X 27
Abigail Simon testifies on Nov. 21, 2014. 7 hr Just Sayin 2 7
NAACP/Media Ignores Black Election Winners 8 hr Gville Jim 17
XL Pipeline 8 hr Gville Jim 4
Conservatives Right About Obamacare All Along 12 hr dcba 2
Reasons to vote for Obama (Oct '12) 13 hr dcba 133
Is the Ferguson rioting justified? 13 hr kookierecluse 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:55 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:55PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
Bleacher Report 5:56 PM
Breaking Down Lions' Game Plan vs. Bears
Bleacher Report 5:56 PM
Breaking Down Lions' Game Plan vs. Bears
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday