US: 260 jobs hang in the balance as ConAgra shuts Michigan site

Jan 29, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Just-food.com

ConAgra Foods has announced it is to close its Grand Rapids Michigan facility in a move that will affect 260 employees.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Feb 3, 2014
jcs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

no surprise...poor management...poor coordination....production became secondary to work groups....meetings...they made joining fix-it groups a priority over production....employees were joining all these rediculous teams for improvements so that they could be away from the production floor....additionally....they put all their eggs in one basket by severing contracts with longtime clients in order to produce their own brand...that didnt work because of poor sales work...overestimating the potential of their vision....and poor communication between management and employees....the floor workers oftentimes had better input on ideas than did their supervisors....management were "yes" people...they never thought outside the box....and they never listened to employees who had better ideas than management....it was as though everyone in authority were afraid to ruffle feathers...7458
Bob

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Solyindra all over again!
Obama gave billions to ConAgra
They close the plant.
Those union folks over there that voted for Obama can thank themselves for the "hope and change" chubby that Obama gives them.
Obama 2016
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

This is no different than so many other large corporations that beg, bribe, and cajole elected officials to get special tax treatment with the lie that they are going to create jobs!

The patriot crowd will ignore this corporate welfare and then go into their little whine about unions...... What an F'ing Joke!
bobolinq

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

ironic isn't it that employees are told just how vital and expert they are at doing their jobs just before the company hauls in a bunch of wise-guys to set them straight on how all this time the company was wrong! that while a few of their employee's may be skilled most are a collection of boobs and misfits that need serious remedial training that only they can provide; at a price of course. then when they are paid off and gone and the results don't happen, it's not their fault but that of the workforce which were a lost cause from the get go..

the same can be said when following a merger, company's utter those prophetic words, no one need fear of losing their jobs.

oh, i almost forget, when the hired pop-gun's remark that when we point fingers at something, three more are pointing back at you. I'm glad the criminal justice system hasn't succumbed to this yet or maybe it has?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Bob wrote:
This is no different than so many other large corporations that beg, bribe, and cajole elected officials to get special tax treatment with the lie that they are going to create jobs!
The patriot crowd will ignore this corporate welfare and then go into their little whine about unions...... What an F'ing Joke!
Ding! Fries are ready Bobbie......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 24 min Dr X 730
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr Torch14th 931
Grand Rapids Police Close The Books On An Unsol... 11 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 11 hr mosey on downa hoedown 35
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 23 hr Arthur 78
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans Thu Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed SOS in Mesa 2,293
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••