This forum is not much fun to post on...

This forum is not much fun to post on because....

Created by guest on Mar 15, 2008

127 votes

Click on an option to vote

of all of these

of mean nasty comments posted

of not enough mutual respect

of constant namecalling

of too much bickering

of too many sad stories

of too many bullies on here

of ganging up on posters

of the grade school mentality

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Jan

Louisville, KY

#1 Mar 15, 2008
I voted for "of the grade school mentality." Why? Because of all these stupid people who insist on posting 12,000 comments that say "thoughts and prayers" for every single incident that takes place in the news, despite the fact that they have no connection with the victim whatsoever. They also have pictures of their dogs or the cats or their parakeets or their goldfish in their little thing with their name on it, and this is kind of annoying when post constantly with those stupid little pictures on a story that is about a murder. It just doesn't make sense and is laughable.
Maria

Holland, MI

#2 Mar 15, 2008
Liberals. Like fascists with their one-sided polls and ignorance about their irrational hate of everything good.

Since: Jul 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Mar 15, 2008
I put to many mean and nasty comments. I have never attacked anyone. But I seem to get attacked here are there. (let me clarify, I may have attacked before, BUT it was after I have been directly attacked)

Since: Oct 07

Big Rapids, MI

#4 Mar 15, 2008
Congrats Jan, that would be my choice as well. Not for the same reasons, but I think you've still got enough IQ to figure out why.

As soon as I can find that "fickle finger of fate award" avatar, I'll make sure we start a new thread just for you. Until then you won't be in my thoughts or prayers.

Have a Nice Day!:)

Since: Mar 08

Rockford, MI

#5 Mar 15, 2008
Jan wrote:
I voted for "of the grade school mentality." Why? Because of all these stupid people who insist on posting 12,000 comments that say "thoughts and prayers" for every single incident that takes place in the news, despite the fact that they have no connection with the victim whatsoever. They also have pictures of their dogs or the cats or their parakeets or their goldfish in their little thing with their name on it, and this is kind of annoying when post constantly with those stupid little pictures on a story that is about a murder. It just doesn't make sense and is laughable.
If you dont there dogs,cats ,ect... stay off this forum till you can get youre own,But I will still pray for youre humor. Most people just have to vent,there really not attacking,Its an agree to disagree forum to me.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#6 Mar 15, 2008
Hmmm, I didn't know how stupid and immature it was to let someone know that you are thinking of them in their time of need. I don't know you, but I will send my thoughts and prayers that you learn compassion for your fellow man, be kind and loving to all animals, and find another board where there are only people as "high and mighty" as yourself.
Quit coming here if it is so upsetting to you. Life is too short.

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#7 Mar 15, 2008
I'll agree with that first part of your post there "Jan" - there are some out here that feel the need to comment on everything.

Now as far as the little pictures attached to user names? Do you like mine "Jan?"

Let me guess, you're a single person these days ....... you were married at one time to a man you thought was the man of your dreams a "Mr Right" or so you thought...and then? He left you for another woman or worse yet another man. You are a very lonely & bitter woman these days and whenever you see anything like these little pictures or worse yet grade school mentality - it remimds you of your ex husband - and now you just feel the need to lash out at others because of that?

My thoughts & prayers are with your ex!
Network TV wows me again

Inkster, MI

#8 Mar 15, 2008
Maria wrote:
Liberals. Like fascists with their one-sided polls and ignorance about their irrational hate of everything good.
I put grade school mentality. Nuff said.

Since: Jan 08

Auburn

#9 Mar 15, 2008
Jan (or whomever you are), I think maybe these forums would be a lot more fun without the likes of you on them!

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#10 Mar 15, 2008
purplizzy wrote:
Jan (or whomever you are), I think maybe these forums would be a lot more fun without the likes of you on them!
Personally.. I love how one of the choices is 'mutual respect' and yet she goes into bashing people with avitars under their name.

Nice huh? I guess that means we have to respect her but she can bash who ever she wants under whatever name she wants? She's starting to sound like a few others I know!

“Secure our borders!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Muskegon, MI

#11 Mar 15, 2008
I did not vote because there was no mention of,“people with low self esteem”.
You know the ones . The ones who have to attack others because they do not agree with ones thoughts , opinions ,religion, Avatar etc.
One reason these forums are attached to a news story or media event is to get a response out of people .

I have had been to many of these forums , never read one that had 12,000 comments. I am sure they are out there . Not many . Go to this link ;
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/wzzm

It is the WZZM Forum index . There you will find every subject talked about over the last year ,63 pages , showing 6209 threads .

Your comment of prayer and thoughts was interesting .
I think it shows compassion for our community , for those who had just been involved in a tragic event , they go the news web sites looking for answers , help and maybe some compassion . Maybe to see outside of the box .
Prayer is good . You should talk to your pastor about it . Sounds like you need the help in that area . God is waiting for you I am sure .

My favorite thing about these Avatars is it gives us all a chance to show our personality , photos , things we are near and dear too. Help those maybe understand us . Many reasons . I change my Avatar often , showing my vehicles , pets , me , my hobbies etc . Depends on what topic . But , when you change your Avatar it changes on all your post. Even ones made a year ago.
Topix dose have moderators that watch these photos and have told many of us to watch what we use . Just because there is a tragic event , death or whatever the world dose not stop . Ever wonder why the media starts off the program with all the sad and tragic events then they go to the weather , then to upcoming events , then sports . Life goes on .

Enough from me . Going to get back to my book .

My Opinion , My View

Auburn

#12 Mar 15, 2008
exactly. I do try my hardest not to feed the trolls, sometimes it's almost like we have to, sort of like venting. Almost done with homework Neecer! This is my last week :)
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally.. I love how one of the choices is 'mutual respect' and yet she goes into bashing people with avitars under their name.
Nice huh? I guess that means we have to respect her but she can bash who ever she wants under whatever name she wants? She's starting to sound like a few others I know!

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#13 Mar 15, 2008
Big Mark wrote:
Prayer is good. You should talk to your pastor about it. Sounds like you need the help in that area. God is waiting for you I am sure.
Well said Big Mark!
Jan

Louisville, KY

#14 Mar 15, 2008
purplizzy wrote:
exactly. I do try my hardest not to feed the trolls, sometimes it's almost like we have to, sort of like venting. Almost done with homework Neecer! This is my last week :)
<quoted text>
YOU are the troll
Neko

United States

#15 Mar 16, 2008
I love this place...

And thanks to the government trolls...I have captured enough hacker data to put some government employees in prison for a long, long, time!(Not to mention the ISP run by a church in Colorado)

Nobody is above the law...not Richard Cheney, not general Michael Hayden...nor Pete Hoekstra...

All are desperate to make sure John McCain or Hillary give them Pardons by manipulating the election so the winner is not "The People's choice".

For those of you who can't figiure out my posts...

They are bait!

And I caught some really big fish with them!

The Hatch Act is about to bite back!
Punkey Brewster

Muskegon, MI

#16 Mar 16, 2008
Neko wrote:
I love this place...
And thanks to the government trolls...I have captured enough hacker data to put some government employees in prison for a long, long, time!(Not to mention the ISP run by a church in Colorado)
Nobody is above the law...not Richard Cheney, not general Michael Hayden...nor Pete Hoekstra...
All are desperate to make sure John McCain or Hillary give them Pardons by manipulating the election so the winner is not "The People's choice".
For those of you who can't figiure out my posts...
They are bait!
And I caught some really big fish with them!
The Hatch Act is about to bite back!
Who said nose picking dose not cause brain damage ?
Either that or he is off his Preperation H . He's not thinking straight.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 16, 2008
Maria wrote:
I choose "Grade School Mentality" because of posts like this. Everyone one who has a different opinion in instantly labeled a "Liberal, a Facists, A Democrat, a Republican" etc. If you can't express your opinion with out using these terms then it's time to go back to grade school.

“Common sense RULES ”

Since: Sep 07

West Michigan

#18 Mar 16, 2008
purplizzy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness for the end of homework. I am looking forward to this break.
Wide_Stance

Troy, MI

#19 Mar 16, 2008
Trouser Cough wrote:
I'll agree with that first part of your post there "Jan" - there are some out here that feel the need to comment on everything.
Now as far as the little pictures attached to user names? Do you like mine "Jan?"
Let me guess, you're a single person these days ....... you were married at one time to a man you thought was the man of your dreams a "Mr Right" or so you thought...and then? He left you for another woman or worse yet another man. You are a very lonely & bitter woman these days and whenever you see anything like these little pictures or worse yet grade school mentality - it remimds you of your ex husband - and now you just feel the need to lash out at others because of that?
My thoughts & prayers are with your ex!
that's funny!
Wide_Stance

Troy, MI

#20 Mar 16, 2008
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>I choose "Grade School Mentality" because of posts like this. Everyone one who has a different opinion in instantly labeled a "Liberal, a Facists, A Democrat, a Republican" etc. If you can't express your opinion with out using these terms then it's time to go back to grade school.
agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr stewart scott 2,344
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri Jake 2,399
Daane Development towing next to Score Sportsbar Jul 27 Doosh Bagge 1
You Decide Jul 26 You Decide 1
Searching for Richard Painted Horse... Jul 23 Anonymous 1
News New state law enables Holland SmartZone district Jul 23 District 1 1
News Ground broken on Consumers Leadership Center Jul 22 Who 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages