Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#81 Jun 21, 2013
Chris Simcox wrote:
That's what President's do, give it a rest.
Oh, OK then ... nothing to see here, just another taxpayers'$100 million blown. But that's what "president's" do, so let's just continue on.

You must have missed the part about Hope & CHANGE, Chris.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#82 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Do me a huge favor....read your newspaper's business section for a week, then come back and tell me our economy isn't well? Hopefully, i was counting on some of you having investments....skin in the game....
How about that Dow, Blue! Worst day since Nov 1, 2011. 200 point drop 2 days in a row. Down 6 out of the last 9 days. Check your 401K lately?
Yup, that recovery sure is going like gangbusters. Not.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#83 Jun 21, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that Dow, Blue! Worst day since Nov 1, 2011. 200 point drop 2 days in a row. Down 6 out of the last 9 days. Check your 401K lately?
This is Keynesian economics at it's best. Propped up and hyped recovery that even the slightest hint of dropping the government aid results in a meltdown.

So what happens when the fed finally does stop propping up the market for real? Yesterday's drop was just based off the idea of the federal reserve cutting back on it's stimulus, not actually having done it.

Are we going to say now that the market is "too big to fail" and therefore we have to prop it up interminably with stimulus?
Phil

Oxford, MI

#84 Jun 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>This is Keynesian economics at it's best. Propped up and hyped recovery that even the slightest hint of dropping the government aid results in a meltdown.

So what happens when the fed finally does stop propping up the market for real? Yesterday's drop was just based off the idea of the federal reserve cutting back on it's stimulus, not actually having done it.

Are we going to say now that the market is "too big to fail" and therefore we have to prop it up interminably with stimulus?
Maybe we should pump money in through the next two terms of a Republicans presidency. That is after all what we now call a economic success. It is another first! The first president to run the money machines through two terms. This guy is amazing!
Jules

Grand Rapids, MI

#85 Jun 21, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked at my 401K lately and it is gangbusters. One day's fall hasn't changed that. If you want to make your point that the economy isn't doing well you should look in a different direction than th stock market.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86 Jun 21, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Still rooting againest your own country?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Mount Morris, MI

#87 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Still rooting againest your own country?
There is swamp land in your neighborhood I wish to sell....
Alan Chambers

Desoto, TX

#88 Jun 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK then ... nothing to see here, just another taxpayers'$100 million blown. But that's what "president's" do, so let's just continue on.
$100 million $$ is nothing.
Jess Sayin

Hudsonville, MI

#89 Jun 21, 2013
Obama is like a welfare recipient who buys a lottery ticket, wins, and then is broke and back on the dole after a few years. If you've never learned to earn and be responsible with money you will urinate it away. You don't own money - it owns you!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#90 Jun 21, 2013
Alan Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>$100 million $$ is nothing.
In Washington DC terms, you might be right, but I think it's high time we get back to the reality that $100 million IS something.

Location hidden

#91 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Still rooting againest your own country?
It that one of your beloved, humorous anecdotes?....
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#92 Jun 21, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should pump money in through the next two terms of a Republicans presidency. That is after all what we now call a economic success. It is another first! The first president to run the money machines through two terms. This guy is amazing!
What's amazing is how liberals have abandoned all of the things they kicked up such a fuss about under Bush. If you ever run across an article from 2000 - 2008, the left is just livid about Bush trampling the constitution and fourth amendment - and he did less of it than Obama. The outrage is almost humorous, especially when juxtaposition to the submissive stance they take now that Barack Nixon is at the helm.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#93 Jun 21, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hard to figure out about this whole thing is that Obama came up with the whole sequester thing, and had to cut spending because his administration still has'nt been able to come up with a budget, but yet there seem's to be $100 MILLION just sitting around for "vacation" money!
Why did they have to cancel the White House tours?
The White House will be empty all summer long anyway, with them on vacation, so, why not allow the tours to continue?
It's just hard to figure!
No money for tours,... But $100 MILLION for a vacation to his birthplace.
Go figure.
I still havent gotten my free cell phone yet that he promised for my vote!

Location hidden

#94 Jun 21, 2013
That's funny....was'nt the Sequester, designed by both party leaderships?......has the truth changed?
Really

Wyoming, MI

#95 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain your attitude?...New kind of Patriot?.....
It was merely a question. Why on earth would you try to attribute an "attitude" to a question? Me thinks the attitude is with you Blue.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#96 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
That's funny....was'nt the Sequester, designed by both party leaderships?......has the truth changed?
Miss the articles that pointed out that the sequester was Obama's idea? He was hoping to have the Republicans by the short hairs with the sequester idea, but it seems to have backfired on him. Imagine that!

Grandville, MI

#97 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
You should really pay more attention to what is going on. You seem to claim to have some sort of knowledge about things, but then after that comment it really shows that you are completly clueless.
Probably Bush's fault isnt it?

$100 MILLION for vacation in Africa!
Yee Haa!!!
Them Obama's sure know how to party dont they?
But thats Bush's fault!

Grandville, MI

#98 Jun 21, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Miss the articles that pointed out that the sequester was Obama's idea? He was hoping to have the Republicans by the short hairs with the sequester idea, but it seems to have backfired on him. Imagine that!
Not really, because somehow there was a bunch of money for his vacation.
That must have been an extra $100 Million that he had hidden in his sock drawer or something?
What I dont get is how he has never come up with a budget, but yet find a hundred million for vacation money?
It's just hard to figure out!
I hope pipesmoker with all of his knowledge can explain it.
:)
a1770

United States

#99 Jun 21, 2013
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>I have looked at my 401K lately and it is gangbusters. One day's fall hasn't changed that. If you want to make your point that the economy isn't doing well you should look in a different direction than th stock market.
Back to the Kalamazoo ISP Peeeweeegeee!
a1770

United States

#100 Jun 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
No it is not funny at all Jason! I don't care what name you use your still the same gay Jason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1,492
Mana s arrest is linked to deadly barbershop sh... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Putting Christ back in Christmas 2 hr bobolinq 1
welcome to the new black america 3 hr Really 2
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Wed Trouser Cough 40,169
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... Tue Gville Jim 5
facts of life Tue Sneaky Pete 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info